Views: 49871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apologies. Should have given credit where credit was due.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

I made that one.

No apology necessary. Thanks for sharing it.

He's too modest to admit he invented Baby Yoda too.

René Auberjonois, 'Star Trek' and 'Benson' Actor, Dies at 79

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ren-auberjonois-dead-star-tr...

From Planet Comics #21.

From Zane Grey's Ambush, Four Color #314. I think the guy in the purple hat is making a cigarette in the second panel, but what's that green thing?

The comic is an adaptation of Grey's novel Western Union. This was also the basis of the 1941 film of that name, but if the comic is a faithful adaptation, the movie sure wasn't. Fritz Lang directed it.

I think what's in his left hand is a tobacco pouch, which he's closing..

I see: he's pulling the drawstring tight. Thanks, Richard.

A few days ago I rewatched The Maltese Falcon and Humphrey Bogart went through the same exercise to make his cigarettes.  

Back in the '90s I had the opportunity to buy a replica of the Maltese Falcon statuette and I've been kicking myself for not buying it ever since. (Similarly, I passed on a replica of the statuette from Raiders of the Lost Ark.) Here's one of my favorite Sable storylines from the '80s, concerning the Maltese Falcon movie prop (itself a prized collectable) being stolen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service