Views: 59076

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where I live, two days from now they are predicting 96°F (43°C) and 40% chance of rain with scattered thundershowers. This is in the middle of an extended drought. Also, lightning may start more fires. Oh well!

I get it! Krypto currency!

You are correct, sir!

Captain Comics said:

I get it! Krypto currency!

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local Dollar (and a Quarter) Tree carries canned Chili Without Beans, which is actually quite good, all things considered.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local comic book convention, Forest City Comicon, returned. I had a great time, ran a panel, sold/signed some books, and picked up some inexpensive finds.

I also made a video. I assumed, as in the past, copyright would just get me flagged and a warning that the video could not be monetized, which is of no concern to me. However, this one is blocked in the U.S. due to a snippet of Blondie singing "The Tide is High"! If you're living elsewhere or know a way around the block, you can watch it:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If you message me with your email, I could send you access to the copy in my gmail drive. I don't know if it's the same quality, however.

Richard Willis said:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

My wife and just assembled 2 short bookshelves and a chair. I am feeling very stabby.

From Den of Geek:

Blade Runner Became a Sci-fi Classic by Being a Terrible Philip K. Dick Adaptation

Story

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) posted a News post
4 minutes ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Ultraman Manga, by Eiichi Shimizu & Tomohiro Shimoguchi (Mildy Spoiler-ish)
"Volume Ten Our heroes head to NYC, where the Star of Darkness types announce that they're…"
15 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Richard Willis said: According to Wikipedia, the episodes have a "Running time…"
52 minutes ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I read this issue this past weekend and told Jeff that I truly wonder what kind of mind thinks up…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #126: An offbeat fill-in issue written by Dick Foreman in which Swamp thing aids a burned-out…"
5 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Never have been to Mardi Gras, which has to be the biggest carnival short of the annual one in…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion Nichelle Nichols, "Star Trek's" Uhura, dies at 89
"For those of you who have access to Paramount+ a very good documentary on Nichelle Nichols. 96…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #125: Here's something you don't see very often: a DC "anniversary" issue…"
6 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Ah, now that I'd heard of! I used to watch Rockford on that."
6 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"FreeVee used to be called IMDbTV until about a month or so ago. "
6 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Added the New Guardians."
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service