Archie #600

OK...there were some cute in-jokes here...and Holly likes that Dilton is going to her alma mater. I think I know, from a bit in this issue, what the six issues AFTER this six issue run will be... ...c'mon, it ain't hard...

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The gist of Archie #600 (through #605) was telegraphed on page three.

SPOILER While walking through Riverdale, instead of walking down Memory Lane, Archie heads up it. The road forks and Archie thinks, “I’ll take the left one and save the right one for another day,” exiting the trail four years into his own future in which he proposes to Veronica. (One guess as to what destiny awaits him down the right fork.)

“Not a hoax! Not a dream! Not an imaginary tale!” Oh, wait… it is an imaginary tale. END SPOILER

The script is chock full of little “in-jokes” which distract from the story, and although it’s nostalgic to read a comic book printed on actual newsprint, the art is sub-standard (in comparison to Archie art of decades past).

Meh.
  • Dude...the in-jokes ARE the story...
  • Printed on newsprint? How much do Archies cost? I'm curious because I long for the days of cheaper comics, and would happily sacrifice our current slick paper and fancy coloring for a cheaper cover price.
  • It's not newsprint...it just kinda reminds you of it because it's not slick paper like most comics now...

The comic is $2.50
  • From what I can tell from the Midtown Comics website, the cover price is $2.50.
  • Archie should have taken the road out of town and married Josie instead. :D
  • I believe Archie's are $2.19

Lumbering Jack said:
    Printed on newsprint? How much do Archies cost? I'm curious because I long for the days of cheaper comics, and would happily sacrifice our current slick paper and fancy coloring for a cheaper cover price.
  • Josie does make an appearance...
  • Don Collett said:
    Archie should have taken the road out of town and married Josie instead. :D

I would pay good, cash money to see that.
  • Lumbering Jack said:
    Printed on newsprint? How much do Archies cost? I'm curious because I long for the days of cheaper comics, and would happily sacrifice our current slick paper and fancy coloring for a cheaper cover price.

Dude, going back to cheap newsprint isn't going to make the comics cheaper! We proved that over here on the about-to-be-defunct board ("The High Cost of Comics and Low Sales Volume" -- enjoy reading it while it lasts).

Consider: Wednesday Comics IS printed on cheap newsprint, but it's still $3.99.
This reply was deleted.