Today and Tomorrow (Wednesday & Thurs), Comixology is having a big sale on its Digital comics.

If you've any interest -- I'm going to be picking up Mark Waid's BOOM output for 99 cents an issue, 75% off of the print cover price -- you might want to head on over there.

Rob

Views: 1336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm just astonished that the bad guy with the smiley face for a head has become *more* relevant, not some oddball thing swept aside in the reboot. 

I bought 'em all, but I haven't read 'em, yet.

Ha...this was my exact thought as I thumbed through my copy of Prez after receiving my box today. What's funny is that it was obviously enough of a thing in the 1970's that it already seemed pertinent.

Just finished Leaving Megalopolis by Gail Simone (Author ) & Jim Calafiore (Illustrator). It's a good Astro City-style take on superheroes. In fact it's really a horror story that focuses on the regular citizens trying to survive in a city where the superheroes have all started murdering people instead of saving them. The title story is about 90 pages long. Then there's a 13-page backup written & illustrated by Calafiore, followed by some prose pieces filling in story background and discussion of the character design.

Very substantial bit of world-building here. I'm sure the team could tell many more stories set in Megalopolis.

Comixology has a big Fables sale on... Fables, Fairest, Jack of Fables, Cinderella, everything except Fables 150.

Panel Syndicate just made UNIVERSE! #3 By Albert Monteys available a couple days ago. This is a very different reading experience from The Private Eye. It's science fiction, but with a light, humorous touch--I think there's a definite European sensibility. The issues are intended to be stand-alone, but Monteys has promised some recurring characters as the series goes on. I've been enjoying it, and since it's name your price, you can try it for free! Why not?

There's a terrific Humble Bundle book offer that still has four days to run. Here's their description: 

Name your price for Maggie the Mechanic (Love & Rockets), The Frank Book, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 3, CBLDF Presents: Liberty, Madame Paul Affair and Bone Vol. 1. If you pay more than the average price, you'll also get The Little Man, The Boys: Herogasm, Heartbreak Soup (Love & Rockets), Barefoot Gen Vol 1: A Cartoon Story of Hiroshima, Sidescrollers, Essex County, Elfquest: The Final Quest Vol. 1, From Hell, and Crime Does Not Pay. If you pay $15 or more, you'll also receive Not Funny Haha, Wytches Vol. 1, and Information Doesn't Want To Be Free (Audiobook).

The theme is Forbidden Comics, because these are all books that have been challenged--the sale supports Banned Book Week. It's a really great collection.

Comixology has the Giffen & DeMatteis Justice League on sale.

Humble Bundle strikes again, with more Image. Another one so good I paid full price even though I already owned some of it. The Stray Bullets Uber Alles collection (Issues #1 - 41) would be worth it by itself, but there's also Invincible Compendium (Issues #1-47). And a bunch of more current collections, like Bitch Planet, Jupiter's Circle, Trees, Injection, Saga...

Comixology is selling a bunch of Darwyn Cooke's DC work for half off. I've got most/all of it in paper, but might buy a few of these anyway, just to pull 'em up on my tablet whenever I like...

Through 1/30, Comixology is selling Valerian graphic novels at $4 apiece in anticipation of the new movie from Luc Besson. I've got one in print -- Ambassador of the Shadows -- signed and with a sketch in it by Jean-Claude Mézières, purchased at NYCC last year. It was good fun -- light European SF, with a bit of a saucy Barbarella style. It didn't require earlier knowledge of the characters to enjoy it.

There's a massive 25th Anniversary Image Comics Bundle for another week:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/image-comics-book-bundle

A lot of these have been in earlier Bundles. But if you missed one, this is a great way to get a bunch of Image in one shot. There are a bunch of single issues in the low tiers, but lots of collections (most Vol. 1) after that.

Yeah once I saw all of the collections in that Image bundle I was in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service