This is a great time to be a Captain America fan. With two ongoing series written by Ed Brubaker (Captain America and Secret Avengers) several limited series either already begun or on the way, I thought it would be nice to have a thread in place to discuss them all. Both Captain America (#611) and Secret Avengers (#6) (as well as Captain America: Patriot which has a thread of its own) shipped this week, and both start new stories with the current issue.

Captain America #611 begins “The Trial of Captain America” in which Bucky Barnes is brought to trial for the crimes he committed as the Winter Soldier. Captain America is and has been for quite some time now my favorite ongoing title in the Marvel Universe.

Secret Avengers #6 begins the five-part “Eyes of the Dragon” which features Shang-Chi and the return of his father (whose name we are not supposed to use). I’ve never read much MoKF, but a couple of years ago I bought the whole series through an ad in the CBG from a store selling whole series sets. I’ve been saving it for a rainy day, and this story may just put me in the mood to read through it start to finish at last.

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Commander A, as well as Broad Stripe and Bright Star, are new characters introduced in this series.

The latest issue was awesome. I didn't expect either what Sharon did nor what became of Ian, but I see some interesting stuff showing up in the future.

Gotta admit, though, I'm looking forward to what happens next. I was ready for this story to be complete. "Escape from Dimension Z" hit me like a hammer from the first issue, and the art was incredible, but I'm ready to move on back in the 616.

I dropped this title after the second issue into the new direction, but I've been considering giving it a second look after the return to 616. How about posting a few SPOILERS for what you're alluding to above?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service