Welcome to another Comics Guide! I am your humble narrator and tour guide, Captain Comics. After my "Captain's Comments" and you're into the Guide proper, my comments will be in blue. Meanwhile, The Baron has dropped by the Cave again, and in an unrestrained burst of Baroniness, has extended his comments to a few books outside his usual "Other Publishers" haunt. Look for them in brown. 

Meanwhile, as ever, the standard caveat applies that I assemble this Guide from the Diamond Comic Distributors Inc. list, which may change at any time. Also, clicking on any image results in a larger one. Now, onward!

THE CAPTAIN'S COMMENTS

Stray Bullets has returned!

Why should you care? Well, I have an anecdote or two to share.

I was originally turned on to Stray Bullets years ago by my LCS. They thought I was ground zero for the audience the noir book was looking for, one that enjoyed sophisticated storytelling that didn't necessarily involve capes and punching. And to tell you the truth, I did sort of enjoy it. But only "sort of" because of its erratic publishing schedule. Yes, I'm complaining about lateness again!

But with a point.

Stray Bullets was non-linear. That is to say, it presented various stories/vignettes that told of one person or situation, but that person or situation would usually come to a climax, but not before crossing over with some of the other stories/vignettes, Pulp Fiction or Brubaker Criminal style, and like those examples, NOT chronologically. Which meant you had to read carefully, remember what you read, apply it to other things you read, and maybe go back and re-read old issues with the new information for greater comprehension.

That is or can be clever story-telling ... but not when the book comes out erratically.

I had neither the time nor the ability to keep up with that sort of thing, as Stray Bullets stretched various important bits of information across years, years in which I was graduating from college, moving from state to state for different jobs, living in different apartments and houses -- and losing access to older books. If they weren't too much older, then fine, I might have them with me. But as I said, Stray Bullets stretched across many years, the years that coincided with my peripatetic early adulthood. So Stray Bullets lost me -- especially since the final issue never appeared!

But lo, here is the final issue this week -- Stray Bullets #41 -- after all this time. Plus, something I always needed has arrived: Stray Bullets in one single collection, the Stray Bullets Uber Alles Edition, so I can flip back and forth for the Pulp Fiction-style Easter eggs. Plus, there's a new Stray Bullets story beginning this week, Stray Bullets: Killers, if the collection whets my appetite for more, which it probably will.

So, well done, Image. This was a thing that needed doing.

Stray Bullets can be found in the Image section, complete with covers and previews.

Captain Comics Extra Comments

Dynamic Forces, which publishes under the "Dynamite" banner, has been really aggressive of late aggregating long-running characters that no longer have a home. This month is particularly notable in that regard.

First, Magnus: Robot Fighter debuts, the second of four characters Dynamite will publish that began in Silver Age Gold Key/Western comics. Last month saw the release of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1 (with a second printing available this week in case you missed it), while Solar: Man of the Atom #1 arrives next month, and Doctor Spektor #1 ships in May.

I don't know much about the latter two books, but Dynamite has tweaked the concepts of the first two that distinguishes them from their previous runs at Gold Key and Valiant -- tweaks I think are probably necessary. Magnus, for example, was a deadly dull book in the 1960s that is famed exclusively for the beautiful, timeless art of Russ Manning. The Valiant and Dark Horse incarnation weren't much more interesting, because they adhered so strenously to the original concept that they felt a bit old-fashioned. So the character needs an extra hook, and Dynamite's solution is to add a fish-out-of-water element by making Magnus a 21st century man somehow whisked to the 41st century. It'll be interesting to see how such a man becomes a "robot fighter."

Meanwhile, Dynamite is also launching a reboot of Six Million Dollar Man this week. When the TV show debuted I was a bit too old for it, although I admired the premise and wished it well. The comic books that sprang from the show (mostly at Charlton) I found readable, but nothing I'd go out of my way to get.

But Dynamite has again provided a new hook, this one being that none of the other comics "happened," -- in fact, no adventures of Steve Austin since the show was canceled are going to be included in this continuity. Instead, like Dark Horse is doing with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dynamite is continuing the TV show directly from the last episode of its last TV season, Season Five. The book, as you might imagine, is titled Six Million Dollar Man Season Six.

So Dynamite is rebooting some older characters from Gold Key/Valiant and Charlton. Is that really a trend? Yes, it is, when you note that Dynamite is already home to pulp characters Black Bat, Doc Savage, The Shadow and The Spider; Warren's Vampirella; radio's Green Hornet, Lone Ranger and Zorro; King Features' Flash Gordon, Mandrake and The Phantom; the comic strips' Miss Fury; TV's Battlestar Galactica and Dark Shadows; Army of Darkness and Robocop from the movies; Ideal's Captain Action; REH's Red Sonja; and ERB's Dejah Thoris, John Carter and Tarzan. And in coming months Dynamite will also be rebooting all of the Chaos! Comics characters except Lady Death (under contract elsewhere), including Chastity, Evil Ernie and Purgatori!

What does this mean? Well, I think it's credible to say that DF is making a big push to be a major player; its numbers are already threatening Dark Horse at the #5 spot. And they certainly seem to be making an effort to upgrade these characters for today's audiences, upgrades that in some cases (like Magnus) have been necessary for years, if not decades.

But the downside is that not all of these characters are going to make it, and new cancellations can further tar them with the stench of failure. Or that the "upgrades" damage the characters beyond salvation. And DF could find itself with the reputation as the Retirement Home for Ancient Characters No One Visits Any More.

But I'll take that risk, if they do good comics. That's in the eye of the beholder, but I'll check each of these series out and give them a fair shake. I hope each of you will do the same.

COMICS SHIPPING MARCH 12, 2014

ACTION LAB ENTERTAINMENT

EHMM THEORY VOL 1 (TPB)

Writer: BROCKTON MCKINNEY

Artist/Cover: LARKIN FORD

Colors: JASON STRUTZ

112 pages/ Rated Mature $9.99

Gabriel Ehmm was doing just fine until the morning he woke up … dead! Now, along with his talking kitten, Mr. Whispers, the two begin the wildest ride of their un-lives. Ehmm Theory Volume One collects the critically acclaimed mind-melting adventure that features all that plus pint-sized zombie clowns, giant cybernetic crustaceans and a super-team of the bizarre! Special Notes: Collects the first four critically-acclaimed (Fangoria, Aint It Cool News) issues of the break-out hit series.

ZOMBIE TRAMP #3 (of 4)

Writer/Art/Cover: DAN MENDOZA

1 in 5 variant ratio variant: JOHN (SUPER UGLY) WILLIAMS

1 in 5 incentive cover / nude variant: PAVEL BALABANOV

28 pages/ Rated Mature $2.99

Janey’s zombie powers continue to evolve, while the passenger body count continues to rise, as the Taint Train of Terror chugs on! It’s an express ride of sex, gore and cartoon grindhouse mayhem! Comes with 3 covers: regular cover by series artist Dan Mendoza, Ugly Love variant cover by Super Ugly, and “nude” incentive cover by Pavel Balabanov (Bo Plushy Gangsta).

Special Notes: Comes with 3 covers, regular cover by series artist Dan Mendoza, Ugly Love variant cover, and “nude” incentive cover by Pavel Balabanov (Bo Plushy Gangsta).

I have to admit I was put off on this title at first, because in my head zombies+cheesecake=necrophilia. But apparently it's not all that serious a book, more of a black-humor title  in the grindhouse vein. Now I'm looking forward to reading an issue with that in mind.

ARCHIE COMICS

ARCHIE #653

Script: DAN PARENT

Art: DAN PARENT, RICH KOSLOWSKI, DIGIKORE STUDIOS

Cover: DAN PARENT

Sugar, Sugar Spectacular Variant Cover: RAMON K. PEREZ

32-page, full color comic, $2.99 U.S.

The Archies’ Rocking World Tour pt 4 – "Close to the Borderline" -- The Archies, Bingos, Pussycats and Madhouse Glads’ tour concludes in the great white north, Canada! The bands enjoy the end of their time together as they trek across the country from Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. What will happen to the bands once the tour is over? Will the Bingos and the Glads use their newfound fame from the Archies tour, or will they go the smaller, indie route? What will become of Archie’s relationship with Valerie? And his relationship with Amisha? And, of course, his relationship with Betty and Veronica? There's still a few surprises left as Archie and the gang return to school … Riverdale High, watch out!

I don't know what this Archie kid has, but if they could bottle it they'd make a fortune. Betty, Veronica, Amisha, Valerie -- what's he got? Huh? WHAT'S HE GOT?

THE FOX #5

Plot/Script: J.M. DEMATTEIS

Art: DEAN HASPIEL, ALLEN PASSALAQUA, JOHN WORKMAN

Cover: DEAN HASPIEL

Variant 1: DEAN HASPIEL

Variant 2: HOWARD CHAYKIN

Variant 3: MIKE NORTON

Variant 4: MIKE CAVALLARO

Variant 5: ALEX TOTH "THROWBACK"

Shipping Date: 2/19

32-page, full color comic, $2.99 U.S.

The fantastically-foxy finale IS HERE in Freak Magnet pt 5: "Future's End"! Emmy Award winning writer/artist Dean Haspiel (Billy Dogma, HBO's Bored to Death) is joined by acclaimed writer J.M. DeMatteis (Abadazad, Justice League 3000) to conclude the "Freak Magnet" saga of the pulp-style hero The Fox! Our hero has won the day and defeated his evil adversaries, so why does he now find himself trapped 70 years in the past, side-by-side with the legendary hero of WW2 known as THE SHIELD?! And what does the Shield's arctic battle-royale have to do with the diamond realm?! And will SOMEONE please tell The Fox, aka Paul Patton Jr., why he can't just have the simple, freak-free life he wants?? Don't miss the finale to end-em-all, and don't miss out on collecting all five "FOX FIVE" Variant Covers to this issue! With art from Dean Haspiel, Howard Chaykin, Mike Cavallaro, Mike Norton and a special ALEX TOTH throwback edition!

Looong delayed. but I'm glad it's finally here, because the trade won't be far behind AND I WANNA READ THE (*(^&%%$!! THING!!!

SONIC UNIVERSE #61

Script: IAN FLYNN

Art: JAMAL PEPPERS, JIM AMASH, JACK MORELLI, MATT HERMS

Cover: TRACY YARDLEY!, JIM AMASH, MATT HERMS

Shadow Variant Cover: SEGA

32-page, full color comic, $2.99 US.

"Shadow Fall" Part Three: Shadow – agent of the brutal Black Arms?! It’s up to Rouge and Omega to bring their former friend to his senses – if he doesn’t destroy them all first! Meanwhile, the vicious alien race have stolen G.U.N.’s tactical nuclear device for – and that can only spell trouble! Will Team Dark survive the mission with the deadly and devious ECLIPSE lurking in the shadows? Find out in the penultimate chapter to this expansive space epic, featuring cover art from Tracy Yardley! and a special SEGA variant cover!

DARK HORSE

47 RONIN HC

Writer: MIKE RICHARDSON

Art/Cover: STAN SAKAI

Colors: LOVERN KINDZIERSKI

FC, 144 pages, $19.99

HC, 6˝ x 9˝

HISTORY’S GREATEST REVENGE TALE!

Japan’s enduring national legend comes to comics! The tale of the 47 Ronin and their epic mission to avenge their wronged master epitomizes the samurai code of honor, and creators Mike Richardson and Stan Sakai have done justice to their story! Meticulously researched and beautifully illustrated, this collection of the acclaimed miniseries recounts this sweeping saga of honor and violence in all its grandeur. Opening with the tragic incident that sealed the fate of Lord Asano, 47 Ronin follows a dedicated group of Asano’s vassals on their years-long path of vengeance!

• From Mike Richardson (Star Wars: Crimson Empire) and Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo)!

• Tons of bonus art and behind-the-scenes extras!

“If you’re a fan of the samurai genre then this is a no-brainer ... if you’ve never given it a chance then this is the perfect gateway book to the genre.” -- Comic Bastards

“Stan Sakai makes Japan all the more exciting with this comic, and Richardson’s narrative builds an epic tale reminiscent of Kurosawa’s greatest films.” -- Graphic Policy

This book has been delayed since last month, much to my chagrin, because the version of this story I read when the movie came out left me with some questions. I'm hoping Stan Sakai's superior storytelling skills will answer those questions for me, without changing the original legend any.

ABE SAPIEN #11

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, SCOTT ALLIE

Art/Cover: MAX FIUMARA

Colors: DAVE STEWART

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

As a zombie swarm threatens a small Arizona town, a mad necromancer rises over the monster-infested ruins of Seattle.

“If a Fiumara brother draws it, I’ll read it. These two artists are just that good.” -- Comic Book Resources

“Each time I look at the book, I come away with a new favorite panel or an appreciation of something I missed earlier.” -- Multiversity

BEASTS OF BURDEN: HUNTERS AND GATHERERS (ONE-SHOT)

Writer: EVAN DORKIN

Art/Cover:JILL THOMPSON

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

One-shot

Eisner and Harvey Award winner!

This standalone adventure is the perfect entry point for readers new to this award-winning series. The town of Burden Hill is defended from monsters and madmen by a brave crew of dogs and cats -- and one werewolf hybrid. This book packs serious scares and occasional gross-outs, and sometimes drives readers to tears.

• Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson return to the characters that won them the 2005 Eisner.

DRIFTERS VOL 3 (TPB)

Writer/Art/Cover: KOHTA HIRANO

B&W, 216 pages, $12.99

TP, 4 1/2” x 7 1/4”

From Kohta Hirano, creator of Hellsing.

Heroes from Earth’s history -- “Drifters” -- battle to determine the future of an enchanted world facing the onslaught of the malefic Dark Lord and his own Earth warriors. Allied with the native elves, samurai warrior Shimazu Toyohisa forges a daring plan: an alliance between elves and dwarves, both sworn enemies!

• One of the most anticipated manga series of recent years.

• Wild, action-packed series featuring historical characters such as Joan of Arc, Hannibal, and Rasputin!

• Listed as one of Da Vinci magazine’s Top Manga of 2013!

I've read some of Hirano's Hellsing books -- they weren't bad. I haven't seen any of this one, but from what I've read of it, don't expect "historically accurate portrayals" to be number one of his list of priorities. 

GHOST #2

Writers: KELLY SUE DECONNICK, CHRIS SEBELA

Art: RYAN SOOK

Color: DAVE MCCAIG

Cover: TERRY DODSON

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

DR. OCTOBER RETURNS!

An unlikely ally sneaks Ghost into a secret meeting, where a legion of disguised demons gather around Dr. October -- until her cover is blown! Meanwhile, the very human serial killer prowling the streets of Chicago takes a personal interest in Sloane and Tommy!

• The return of Ghost’s archnemesis!

• Chaos reigns in the White City!

• Stunning art from Ryan Sook (Action Comics Vol. 2 Annual)

I hate to keep harping on delays, but man, some of these books are just ridiculous. Ghost #1 was originally solicited for late October, and finally came out in mid-December. This book was originally solicited for Dec. 4 -- before the first issue finally shipped -- and is coming out in March. That's a three-month delay from the first issue, which was itself delayed two months from its initial ship date. Two books in five months! How can anyone involved take professional pride in that? And how can readers be expected to invest in a book with a non-schedule like that?INTRON DEPOT VOLUME 5: BATTALION (TPB)

Writer/Art: MASAMUNE SHIROW

FC, 128 pages, $44.99

TP, 8 1/4" x 11 1/4"

SHIROW RETURNS!

Masamune Shirow, creator of Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed, is legendary amongst manga and anime enthusiasts, and his game-industry credentials are equally impressive. Battalion presents Shirow’s design and conceptual art for Asura Fantasy, RF Online, Fire Emblem, and others, showcasing his stunning illustration and commentary on his sophisticated CG techniques.

• Translation by Dana Lewis (Lone Wolf and Cub).

• Deluxe-format softcover with dust jacket.

• From the creator of Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, and Dominion.

• Fifth installment in popular Intron Depot series.

I've read a lot of Shirow's stuff and like his art, but not quite enough to pay 45 bucks for it. I'd buy a lot more of these art books if they weren't so pricey.

NOSFERATU WARS (ONE-SHOT)

Writer: STEVE NILES

Art/Cover: MENTON3

FC, 40 pages, $3.99

One-shot

For want of love and blood ...

If the undead have glory days, then the Black Plague was the era they never could have imagined. No longer hunted, no longer suspected, the vampires ran, exempt from fear. They were free to play -- until the night the vampires turned against each other. Collects all four Dark Horse Presents installments!

• Written by Steve Niles (Breath of Bones, 30 Days of Night, Criminal Macabre)!

• Art by menton3 (Monocyte, Transfusion, The Dunwich Horror)!

Is anyone reading this? Steve Niles has an excellent track record, and I'm always a sucker for historical angles where the author makes the effort to match his fantastic history to legitimate history for "the real story the history books won't tell you"!

STAR WARS #15

Writer: BRIAN WOOD

Pencils: STEPHANE CRETY

Inks: JULIEN HUGONNARD-BERT

Colors: GABE ELTAEB

Cover: HUGH FLEMING

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

The Princess bride!

Welcome to Arrochar! Enjoy our clean mountain air. Gaze at our majestic vistas. Build a secure base for your Rebel fleet. All we ask is that Princess Leia marry our Prince!

You can take the girl out of the Rebellion, but can you take the rebel out of the girl?

• Writer Brian Wood begins the most unexpected arc ever!

I feel weird trying to comment on DH's Star Wars line. I feel like I should whisper around them, like a dying patient in a hospital. Are they still good, SW readers?

THE STAR WARS #6

Writer: JONATHAN RINZLER

Art: MIKE MAYHEW

Colors: RAIN BEREDO

Cover: NICK RUNGE

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Starkiller among the stars!

A dogfight with Imperial fighter craft, a dangerous detour through an asteroid field, and a forced evacuation in life-pods land Luke Skywalker and company on Yavin -- the planet of the Wookiees!

But Princess Leia gets separated from the group, and when slavers capture her, Annikin Starkiller goes all Jedi on them!

• First look at the Wookiees!

• Official eight-issue adaptation of George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay for Star Wars!

X #11

Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Colors: MICHELLE MADSEN

Cover: GARRY BROWN

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

X’s hands were already full with Carmine Tango ...  then Gamble reappeared! X thought he killed this suave assassin years ago, but the luck-obsessed murderer is still a player, taking his chances on revenge! Welcome to Arcadia, where the odds are bad ... and the bads are odd!

• The battle for Arcadia builds towards a chaotic climax!

“Looking for a crime comic with a lot of grit, some interesting plot developments and a kickass hero? This is it.” -- Adventures in Poor Taste

“If you’re in the mood for a dark crime series, X marks the spot.” -- Comic Book Resources

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DC COMICS

ASTRO CITY #10

1936244963?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KURT BUSIEK

Art: BRENT ANDERSON

Cover: ALEX ROSS

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Winged Victory, Samaritan and the Confessor take down the villain targeting her -- and then she has to face the fallout. Will Astro City’s most prominent super heroine survive? Don’t miss the grand finale of this four-part epic!

It's almost frightening how Busiek flawlessly walks through my Id with this title, as if he had a map.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATGIRL #29

1936244941?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GAIL SIMONE

Art: FERNANDO PASARIN and JONATHAN GLAPION

Cover: ALEX GARNER

1:25 Robot Chicken Variant

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

Dead before sunrise! Batgirl and the Talon known as Strix race to stop the new villain SILVER, who has ties to I, VAMPIRE star Andrew Bennett!

I think Simone is now writing nothing but books starring women (Batgirl, Red Sonja, Tomb Raider). I hope that was her choice, and not some weird industry sexism thing.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN #29

1936247636?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SCOTT SNYDER

Art: GREG CAPULLO, DANNY MIKI

Cover: GREG CAPULLO

48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $5.99 U.S.

The “DARK CITY” chapter of “ZERO YEAR” reaches its conclusion in this amazing, extra-sized issue! Now, the next chapter of Zero Year is almost upon us, and we’ve saved the best for last! What corners of Batman’s past will be revealed? And how will they impact his very near future? Find out here!

This issue will ship with three covers. This story was previously solicited to appear in BATMAN #28.

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

"This story was previously solicited to appear in BATMAN #28." What th-? I knew that Batman #28 took a break from the "Dark City" story to tell a different story (basically a preview of what's going to be in Batman Eternal), but I didn't realize that was a sort of last-minute decision. Anybody know the behind-the-scenes story?

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM #12

1936249931?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DEREK FRIDOLFS, DUSTIN NGUYEN

Art/Cover: DUSTIN NGUYEN

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E • DIGITAL FIRST • FINAL ISSUE

Damian’s fowlest friend Jerry has disappeared, but the people of Gotham City are not helping in his search for a missing turkey. This November, the Condiment King is making a Sandwich Day run! Then we close out the year with a bang before taking a long winter’s nap.

I hope this sold well enough for a return engagement. It's really cute.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN UNWRAPPED BY ANDY KUBERT (DELUXE EDITION HC)

1936251708?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: NEIL GAIMAN, GRANT MORRISON, SCOTT SNYDER and MARK WAID

Art/Cover: ANDY KUBERT

272 pg, FC, $34.99 US

DC collects the Batman stories by acclaimed artist Andy Kubert in pencil form in this spectacular new hardcover, including the tales that introduced Damian Wayne and the now-classic story “Whatever Happened to The Caped Crusader?” Don’t miss these stories from BATMAN #655-658, 664-666, 686 and 700, BATMAN (New 52) #18, DETECTIVE COMICS #853 and a story from 52 #46.

I guess this is DC's answer to IDW's "Artist Editions." And it's been in the works for a while -- the cover and description for this title was released last fall.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180 COFFIN HILL #6

1936253588?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CAITLIN KITTREDGE

Art: INAKI MIRANDA

Cover: DAVE JOHNSON

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

Eve comes face to face with her nightmare from a decade ago -- and this time, she can’t turn away. As innocent lives hang in the balance, Eve must embrace the legacy of the Coffin Witch to put her family curse to rest ... or die trying in the final issue of this storyline!

I wasn't that impressed with the first issue of this, but it's kinda grown on me.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180CONSTANTINE #12

1936253683?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RAY FAWKES

Art: ACO

Cover: HOWARD PROTER

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

“FOREVER EVIL: BLIGHT” continues! John Constantine versus Nick Necro for the soul of Zatanna! Continues in this month’s TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #9!

I like the character, but "Nick Necro" is a really dopey name. I half expect him to introduce his pals, Mike Magic and Victor Voodoo.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180

FBP: FEDERAL BUREAU OF PHYSICS #8

1936253736?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SIMON OLIVER

Art: ROBBI RODRIGUEZ

Cover: NATHAN FOX

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

During dismantle and removal duty in the 51st state, Rosa and Adam are invited to take part in an experiment that will test their limits and blur their concept of reality.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN CORPS #29

1936256442?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: VAN JENSEN

Art: BERNARD CHANG

Cover: FRANCIS PORTELA

John Stewart and his team are surrounded by Durlans and Braid Clann on an unfriendly world. Their only hope is to fight their way out! And in the shadows of the Universe, the Corps’ worst nightmare is coming true: The Sinestro Corps is stirring!

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN/RED LANTERNS #28 (2ND PTG)

Writers: ROBERT VENDITTI, CHARLES SOULE

Art: BILLY TAN & various

Cover: BILLY TAN, STEPHEN SEGOVIA

$2.99

Don't miss this amazing flip-issue with two covers at a special price of just $2.99! This DOUBLE ISSUE contains both GREEN LANTERN #28 and RED LANTERNS #28! With dozens of sectors in open rebellion against the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan is faced with a crisis in the sector most important to him: 2814, home of Earth...as well as Ysmault, home of the Red Lanterns. Hal made a dangerous bargain with Guy Gardner, and now it's time to pay up! Plus: Guy and the Red Lanterns take over policing Sector 2814! And you'll want to keep reading RED LANTERNS next month to see what happens to their newest member: SUPERGIRL!

I predicted just last week that you would soon start seeing second printings from DC. And lo, here's one now.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #4

1936256992?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art/Cover: HOWARD PORTER

The Justice League of the future learns the terrible truth behind their creation!

It's rare that you see unanimity among comic fans. but I can't find anyone who likes this title. Are you out there, Justice League 3000 lover? Call now -- operators are standing by. (And they're getting tired of standing!)

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #13

1936257177?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT KINDT

Art/Cover: EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

Combo pack edition: $4.99 U.S.

This issue will ship with three covers.

The fate of the Justice League revealed! Will Manhunter and Stargirl be alive long enough to learn the truth?

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: TRINITY WAR (HC)

1936259672?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: GEOFF JOHNS, JEFF LEMIRE, MATT KINDT, RAY FAWKES

Art: IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO, DOUG MAHNKE, CHRISTIAN ALAMY, MIKEL JANIN, EBER FERREIRA, RENATO GUEDES and others

Cover: IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

320 pg, FC, $29.99 US

The blockbuster event of the summer is collected in this new hardcover featuring JUSTICE LEAGUE #22-23, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #6-7, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #22-23, CONSTANTINE #5, TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #1-3 and TRINITY OF SIN: PHANTOM STRANGER #11. When the three Justice Leagues go to war with one another, whose side will everyone be on? Allies will be born, friends will become enemies, and the DC Universe will never be the same!

I'm not complaining, but "Trinity War" was marketed as the big-deal crossover for Justice League characters in 2014, and it basically turned out to be a prolog to "Forever Evil." (Which is itself a misnomer, since "forever" is only going to last another couple of months.) In fact, if you're a casual reader who picks this up because of all the big stars on the front, you're likely to be a tad disappointed to find out that "Trinity War" essentially ends on a cliff-hanger, with the arrival of the Crime Syndicate. Again, not complaining -- I've enjoyed the story. But marketing "Trinity War" as a standalone story isn't a very smart decision, because it's simply not true.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #2

1936261232?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: FRANK HANNAH, CHARLES SOULE and JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art: WES CRAIG, DENNIS CALERO, MARCO TURINI, DREW JOHNSON and DEXTER SOY

Cover: ED BENES

96 pg, FC, $9.99 US • RATED T

In “I Hate When He Does That,” Bruce wonders if his youthful tour of Thailand with Alfred might be coming back to haunt him. Then, in “Riddler in the Dark,” can the Dark Knight solve a trail of E. Nigma’s riddles before it’s too late? Finally, Frank Hannah contributes a trio of stories of how a trauma in Bruce Wayne’s past impacts his present and the future of Gotham City’s criminal set, illustrated by some of comics’ hottest artists.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180LUCIFER BOOK THREE (TPB)

1936261349?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: MIKE CAREY

Art: PETER GROSS, RYAN KELLY, MARC HEMPEL, RONALD WIMBERLY and others

Cover: CHRISTOPHER MOELLER

400 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

A deadly new threat to all of Creation emerges and battle lines are drawn in these stories from LUCIFER #46-61. As forces in Hell and on Earth prepare for a final struggle for supremacy, we venture across time and space and even places in between to follow the path of the players in the battle to come.

I read every issue of Lucifer, but remember very little about it. That's not a good sign, is it?

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHTWING #29

1936263588?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: KYLE HIGGINS

Art: RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

Cover: WILL CONRAD

1:25 Robot Chicken Variant cover

With Nightwing questioning his purpose, will he be able to stop Mr. Zsasz’s relentless rampage through Chicago? Don’t miss this epic story that ties into the events of FOREVER EVIL!

Isn't it sort of Spoiler-y that we can tell from this title that Nightwing survives "Forever Evil"? Kinda lets the cat out of that particular bag, but I guess we all knew he'd survive anyway.

THE ROYALS: MASTERS OF WAR #2

1936263714?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ROB WILLIAMS

Art/Cover: SIMON COLEBY

32 pg, FC, 2 of 6, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

As THE ROYALS continues, the truce is broken thanks to Prince Henry’s actions during the Battle of Britain! Now, Royals across the world are entering World War II – and that includes the oldest and most powerful of them all, the immortal Emperor Jimmu of Japan. Meanwhile, Henry, Arthur and Rose travel to the United States to attempt to convince President Roosevelt to join the conflict. Will Arthur’s drunkenness and Henry’s attraction to his sister torpedo the alliance? And who is the uninvited visitor on the White House lawn?

Despite my antipathy for elitism in all its forms -- including royalty -- I rather enjoyed the first issue. But the premise of this book, that all members of all royal families have secret super-powers, kinda puts royal-free countries like the USA at a disadvantage, doesn't it?

Also I wondered about Emperor Jimmu, since the only emperor I'd ever heard of during World War II was Hirohito, formally known as Emperor Showa. Fortunately, as usual with all things Japanese, The Baron raced to the rescue:

Jimmu Tenno was the legendary first emperor of what is now called Japan, and said to be descended from the sun goddess, Amaterasu.  Since the copy refers to the "immortal Emperor Jimmu of Japan," I'm guessing that in this story, Jimmu has been Japan's only Emperor.

Another note on this: "Hirohito" was the Showa Emperor's personal name.  (Actually, he would have had a number of names during his life.)  "Showa" was Hirohito's "reign name," which he would have assumed at the start of his reign.  From what I've read, the Emperor of Japan doesn't actually have a "family name" as such.

SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #43

1936263798?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: HEATHER NUHFER

Art/Cover: EDUARDO GARCIA

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

The Mystery Machine pulls into a small town as the gang plans for some rest and relaxation. But the video game Shaggy and Scooby buy has a problem: the game’s villain, Lord Vicious, has been terrorizing the local townspeople! Will they solve the mystery before this menace wins the game?

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180SMALLVILLE SEASON 11: ALIEN #4

1936263927?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: BRYAN Q. MILLER

Art: EDGAR SALAZAR, DYM and ROB LEAN

Cover: CAT STAGGS

40 pg, FC, 4 of 4, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

In this final miniseries issue, Lex Luthor needs help, and there’s only one man for the job. And that man is …Otis?

Meanwhile, Clark finally makes contact with S.T.A.R. Labs, and Emil has some information that may make the fight against the Monitor survivable.

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERBOY #29

1936264004?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MARV WOLFMAN

Art: ANDRES GUINALDO, MARK IRWIN

Cover: RAFA SANDOVAL, NORM RAPMUND

The son of Superman and his team of humanoid hybrids return to the present-day DC Universe in search of revenge and a chance at changing the world into their own perverted image of a perfect world.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #6

1936264266?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHARLES SOULE

Art/Cover: TONY S. DANIEL and BATT

1:25 Robot Chicken Variant cover

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with three covers.

When the Phantom Zone is breached by Zod, Superman and Wonder Woman are forced to do the unthinkable to stop the tyrant from global destruction. But can they do what must be done -- and will the world forgive them?

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180WONDER WOMAN VOL. 3: IRON (TPB)

1936264294?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN AZZARELLO

Art: CLIFF CHIANG, TONY AKINS, DAN GREEN, AMILCAR PINNA

Cover: CLIFF CHIANG

176 pg, FC, $16.99 US

In these stories from issues #0 and #13-18, a terrible betrayal forces Wonder Woman to make a deal with the gods who want her dead, and her “family” grows larger than she could have imagined. Will the mysterious Orion help Wonder Woman rescue Zola’s baby from the clutches of Hermes, or does he have darker intentions?

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180WONDER WOMAN VOL. 4: WAR (HC)

1936264373?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN AZZARELLO

Art: CLIFF CHIANG, GORAN SUDZUKA, TONY AKINS and DAN GREEN

Cover: CLIFF CHIANG

144 pg, FC, $22.99 US

Wonder Woman’s world is shocked to its core when her eldest brother, the First Born, is freed from his slumber. Now, with her family in ruins and her friends scattered, she must turn to Orion and the New Gods of New Genesis to save herself and Zola’s newborn from the First Born’s wrath! Collecting WONDER WOMAN #19-23.

This books wraps up WW's first New 52 storyline. It's been a pretty talky affair, but the story ends strongly with a surprise change in the status quo.

• DYNAMIC FORCES

GARTH ENNIS' RED TEAM #7

1936235367?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GARTH ENNIS

Art: CRAIG CERMAK

Covers: HOWARD CHAYKIN

Mature/32 pages/$4.99

All hell breaks loose as Red Team is targeted by an unexpected enemy, and Trudy and Eddie are forced to fight for their lives. When the dust settles, the survivors must face justice for their crimes from an unexpected quarter. Our heroes learn the true cost of their bloody mission!

This book was originally solicited for Sept. 11, 2013. Anyone reading this still remember why they're reading it?

This book was originally solicited for Sept. 11, 2013. Anyone reading this still remember why they're reading it?

1936237237?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237299?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237494?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237527?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237911?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936240011?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180

GRIMM: THE WARLOCK #4 (of 4)

1936240163?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAI NITZ

Art: JOSE MALAGA

Covers: GREG SMALLWOOD

Teen +/32 pages/$3.99

FINAL ISSUE!!! Everything has gone wrong for Nick as a cop and as a Grimm when it comes to the Warlock. Can Nick bring the Warlock to justice? What if he can't? Will his Grimm side take over and put the Warlock in the grave? Can you kill a man who can't die? Read the comic based on the hit NBC show, written by Bram Stoker Award winner Jai Nitz with art by Jose Malaga and covers by Greg Smallwood!1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936240136?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936240731?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936243117?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936243915?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936243950?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGNUS: ROBOT FIGHTER #1

1936245487?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936245675?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936248140?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936250568?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936252277?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936254588?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: FRED VAN LENTE

Art: CORY SMITH

Cover: GABRIEL HARDMAN

Subscription Variant: JOE BENNETT

Blank Authentix Variant

Store Name Variant: ROBERTO CASTRO

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

THE GOLD KEY UNIVERSE IS EXPANDING!

Dynamite proudly announces the new ongoing Magnus: Robot Fighter comic book series, written by Fred Van Lente (Marvel Zombies) and illustrated by Cory Smith (Fathom). Magnus: Robot Fighter #1 marks the second highly-anticipated title release in Dynamite's "Gold Key" line of comic books, which also includes Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (which debuted in February), Solar: Man of the Atom and Doctor Spektor, a revival of beloved comic-book heroes courtesy of Dynamite's new licensing agreement with DreamWorks Classics.

Fred Van Lente, the New York Times bestselling author at the helm of the new Magnus series, presents the premise for upcoming series. "Russell Magnus is a seemingly normal guy, a schoolteacher in a small mountain town, who awakens in a vast, far-future megalopolis, NorthAm, where robots have taken over humanity for what they claim is humanity's benefit. He's known as a ‘Robot Fighter', believed to be a liberator by those who want to throw off the machine yoke, a terrorist to those who likes the status quo the way it is -- but really, he's just a guy who wants to get back home, if that's even possible."

Van Lente is one of the modern comic industry's most prolific writers, celebrated for his work on Marvel Zombies, Deadpool, Archer & Armstrong, The Incredible Hulk, The Mocking Dead, Wolverine: First Class and more. He's joined on the Magnus: Robot Fighter series by rising star Cory Smith, whose artistic contributions have included such action-packed fare as Fathom, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Legend of the Shadow Clan.

Magnus: Robot Fighter #1 will feature a wide selection of cover variants, presented by some of comics' most talented artists. The Main Cover will be supplied by Gabriel Hardman (Hulk, Agents of Atlas), and a Subscription-Only Variant Cover, intended as a reward for dedicated fans who preorder with their local comic shop retailers, will feature the art of Joe Bennett (Iron Man, Thor). A Blank Authentix Cover will be created, featuring blank white space on the cover perfect for convention artist commissions or the creative whims of the do-it-yourself fan.

Additional cover artwork by Scott Wegener (Atomic Robo), Tom Fowler (Quantum & Woody), and Ken Haeser (The Living Corpse) will be featured on special Retailer Incentive Covers, rewarded to and available from select retailers that meet certain ordering thresholds through Diamond Comic Distributors.

In addition to the Retailer Incentive Covers, Dynamite Entertainment is offering other special rewards and opportunities for retailers to support the Magnus: Robot Fighter launch in a big way:

Any orders of the Magnus: Robot Fighter #1 Main Cover (Diamond Item Code JAN141066) and Subscription-Only Cover (JAN141067) will be fully returnable. Keith Davidsen, Marketing Manager at Dynamite, says, "We're extremely proud of the hard work that Fred Van Lente and Cory Smith have been putting into each and every gorgeous page of Magnus, and have so much faith in this series that we want to take the risk out of the equation for retailers. Comic shops everywhere should feel confident taking a strong stocking position on this book, satisfying the demands of a dedicated fan base and having extra copies on shelves for curious newcomers. We just know that Magnus: Robot Fighter is going to be a successful product for our retail partners!"

Artist Roberto Castro (Lords of Mars, Spider-Man Vs. Vampires) has created a Retailer Exclusive Variant Cover, available for retailers to order through Diamond Comics. Numerous retailers can share the Castro artwork, but have personalized store names built into the front cover.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: SEASON 6 #1

1936231068?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233024?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936234996?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936235293?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237517?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES KUHORIC

Art: JUAN ANTONIO RAMIREZ

Cover: ALEX ROSS

"Li'l Dollar Man" Variant: KEN HAESER

Subscription Variant: Photo

Blank Authentix Variant

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

It's The Six Millions Dollar Man's 40th anniversary, and we at Dynamite are proud to bring you the direct continuation of the classic television series with Season 6! Better. Stronger. Faster. The original Six Million Dollar Man, Steve Austin was a man barely alive until the OSI turned him into the world's first Bionic Man. Now he and Oscar Goldman are the most effective team in National Security. But a rogue faction in the OSI is making a power play for that position with a new type of infiltration agent -- one that is completely obedient and robotic. Can a soulless machine that wears Steve Austin's very face make the Six Million Dollar Man obsolete? For the 1st Time EVER! Fan favorite toy-line character Maskatron makes his Six Million Dollar Man debut and becomes a part of the classic television series mythology with a violent and terrifying purpose. And as Steve's world is threatened from within, his very actions unknowingly release an alien menace upon an unsuspecting world. Classic action, powerful science fiction, and a cast of characters from one of television's most original series combine to make The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 6 a must have for comic fans!

Dynamite and NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products are proud to announce that the beloved television action hero Colonel Steve Austin will celebrate his 40th Anniversary by returning to comics with the Six Million Dollar Man: Season 6 series, set immediately following the classic television continuity. Featuring the writing talent of award-winning author James Kuhoric (Army of Darkness) and artwork by Juan Antonio Ramirez, the upcoming Six Million Dollar Man: Season 6 comic series will launch with covers by legendary painter Alex Ross (Kingdom Come).

"Being able to tell a story about Steve Austin is a lifetime ambition," says writer James Kuhoric. "The Six Million Dollar Man was a cornerstone of positive childhood memories, and stuck with me over three decades. The idea of a man who could do anything he wanted, but always chose to do the 'right thing,' captivated me. Time and time again, Steve would show us that it really wasn't the machine that made the man special, it was the man that made the machines special. That little spark of childhood, that hidden gem that told me to do the right thing, stuck with me all this time. Every time since that I would hear the distinctive opening credits sequence, I would be brought back to a purer frame of mind -- one where you could solve any problem with bionic limbs, a wry smile and a raised eyebrow."

James Kuhoric has written many original creator-driven and licensed comic books. His list of writing contributions includes Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1 and his Spike TV Scream Award-winning run on Army of Darkness. Collaborating with Jeff Katz, he brought three of the biggest horror franchises together with Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash and its sequel Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors. His original creations Dead Irons and Legendary Talespinners were featured as key releases by Wizard Magazine and Comic Shop News. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of Bleeding Cool Magazine, as well as the Vice President of Publishing for Avatar Press.

"When the guys at Dynamite launched Kevin Smith's Bionic Man (a modern reimagination of the character), I read it loyally every month, but I still missed the original," says Kuhoric. "When Dynamite approved my pitch for the continuation of the original series picking up after the final fifth television season, I knew I had to bring back all the things that made it special to me back in the day. The book has a specific look to it, and will feature many of the main characters from the series. We went out of our way to use the 'Kung Fu Slow Motion', the sound effects and all the oddities of that era so the comic book would feel like the original TV series."

Kuhoric comments on the art chores, "When I saw the first turnarounds from artist Juanan Ramierez, I was amazed. His images evoked everything special I had always seen in the show, and he brought a fresh more modern look to the pages overall. Dynamite would take it a step further by getting Alex Ross to paint the main covers for the new series. As a lifetime comic book fan, it is a true honor to have the industry's most prolific painter contribute his incredible work on one of my stories. Everything about this new series is going to be done with the care of lifetime fans behind it."

Award-winning painter and industry icon Alex Ross not only provides the covers for Season 6, he also made the novel suggestion to develop a long-lost piece of SMDM action figure history into one of the franchise's most fearsome villains. "The Maskatron toy was my favorite toy growing up," says Ross. "I played with it to death, turning it into different characters from The Six Million Dollar Man, as well as other comic book characters that I could turn it into. I'm thrilled to help bring it to life in a full storyline."

"When deciding what event would be compelling to fans of the show, it seemed that delivering the sixth season was ideal," says Nick Barrucci, CEO and Publisher of Dynamite. "We wanted to build on the mythos, and to do that, we felt that there had to be new villains. In discussions, we contemplated: Why not bring into the series a villain whom fans would know from the toys, even though he wasn't in the TV series? Why not have a villain who could be The Joker to Steve Austin's Batman, or Doctor Octopus to his Spider-Man? How to push the envelope? And I have to say, James took Alex's idea and ran with it. New and existing fans are going to be surprised at the time and care that went in to putting together the series that will help celebrate Steve Austin's 40th Anniversary, and beyond."

1936242540?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936243064?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936245479?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936247561?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER #1 (2ND PTG)

1936256775?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936258638?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260783?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GREG PAK

Art: MIRKO COLAK

Teen +/32 pages/$3.99

THE GOLD KEY UNIVERSE BEGINS HERE! Classic Characters by some of Comics Hottest Creators! -- Magnus, Solar, Turok and Dr. Spektor! Dynamite is proud to present an all-new adventure ongoing from superstar GREG PAK (Batman/Superman, World War Hulk) and incredible artist MIRKO COLAK (Red Skull: Incarnate, Conan)!

Shunned from his tribe, a young Native American named Turok fights to survive, making a lonely life for himself in the unforgiving forest. But his hard-won cunning and survival skills face the ultimate test when man-eating THUNDER LIZARDS attack his people! Why are dinosaurs here? How have they survived? And will Turok use his abilities to save a society that's taken everything away from him?

Turok: The Dinosaur Hunter is already an incredible success, with the first issue having sold out at Diamond, in advance of being in-stores. Fortunately Dynamite readers, we are providing a second printing shipping in-time to be in stores with issue #2. In advance of Turok: The Dinosaur Hunter #2, as an extra incentive for retailers to order these comics, Dynamite is offering Steampunk versions of the #2 cover in color and B&W! Both the #1 second printing and Turok: The Dinosaur Hunter #2 will be in-stores on March 5th! Here's a First Look of the Second Printing #1 cover and both versions of the steampunk covers.

"I'm so grateful to the retailers who are supporting the book so enthusiastically," says writer Greg Pak. "And much love to our artist Mirko Colak, our colorist Lauren Affe, and our letter Marshall Dillon, who are going above and beyond making the book look like nothing else on the shelves. And of course a huge tip of the hat to editor Nate Cosby and all the crazy kids at Dynamite who are hustling so hard to make this entire Gold Key line something special."

"What a great way to begin the Gold Key Universe," adds series Editor Nate Cosby. "Greg, Mirko, Lauren, Marshall and all of the amazing cover artists got us off to an incredible start, and the amount of people responding to the story has been such a joy to see. Here's hoping just as many people pick up MAGNUS in March, SOLAR in April, and SPEKTOR in May!"

"Greg Pak is a masterful world-builder and this series is a prime example of how it's done," says Dynamite Senior Editor Joseph Rybandt. "It's especially nice to be rewarded at the retail level for all the hard work and more thanks are owed to the entire creative team and Nate Cosby whose running the day-today ops of the Gold Key launch!"

Written by Greg Pak (Batman/Superman) and drawn by Mirko Colak, Dynamite is putting out a book that is unlike anything else on the comic rack! Thanks for all of your support for our launch of the Gold Key Universe!

Check out the tremendous reviews Dynamite has received for Turok #1!

"Each iteration of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter sees the creative team putting their own take on what's basically a man-versus-nature story. Writer Greg Pak takes some of the best lessons from 'Planet Hulk' and creates a Turok that is among his people, but still very much an outsider. It's refreshing to read the character still so new to the world he will soon inherit. However, the real star of this comic is artist Mirko Colak. His line work sets a fantastic tone for the book and drafts a world that feels very much alive, both in beauty and brutality. His inks balance perfectly with smart coloring choices by Laureen Affe. While Pak's dialog reads a little choppy at times, the twist and art more than raises Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1 to a must-read." -- Newsrama

"As Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1 closes, the setting comes into clearer focus, giving readers a sense for the where and the when, but the what remains a mystery and has promised to pack an adventure-filled picnic basket for lunch." -- Comic Book Resources

"We love the classics and are always a bit hesitant when those classics are revamped and repackaged with a shiny new cover and presented to us all over again. As someone who's only exposure to this character is by controlling him in a 64-bit video game, this comic serves as a great introduction to Turok's personality and the world that he inhabits. Gone is the running and gunning tough guy that I played in the video game and in his place is a sensitive, relatable outcast in a dangerous world -- he is every bit of a classic hero. Pak uses simple storytelling techniques to tell a compelling story, and coupled with the slick art of Colak and Affe, we are presented with a great introduction to Turok and this line of classic books." -- Newsarama

"Pak keeps the dinos at bay so we can spend some time getting to know Turok, which really pays off. There's a ton of heart in this first issue as we see the pain and burden that the character carries. His world feels real, even though it's one completely foreign to us. It's not immediately clear why this otherwise straight forward tale has dinosaurs in it, but if your hook is "There are dinosaurs here!" then you can sign me up. This is just a great comic book. It's well written, fully realized and, oh yeah, it has dinosaurs in it. Dinosaurs with feathers." -- IGN Comics

"Dynamite action & explosive storytelling get the Gold Key relaunch off to a great start. Pak's story and Colak's art blended perfectly to draw me into Turok's world. The last two pages of the issue were the icing on the cake adding in an additional story element that I'm going to love seeing played out over the course of the series. We have something here that is respectful of its roots but completely fresh. I'm on board for this series and am looking forward to seeing the other titles in Dynamite's Gold Key relaunch; Pak and Colak have set the bar pretty high for the other titles debuting soon." -- Comics Spectrum

"Pak added some action to the issue as well, but it was the build-up of character along with the symbolism that I enjoyed the most. Mirko Colak did an astonishing job of the artwork. The detail and layouts were particularly impressive, as despite having a lot of scenery it was still very smooth and realistic. Turok opens the Golden Key Universe nicely and if the remaining three series are like this I will be a very happy fanboy. Highly recommended." -- Unleash the Fanboy

"The Gold Key Universe begins here as Dynamite brings back numerous classic characters such as Turok, Magnus, Dr. Spektor and Solar, with some amazing talent. First up is Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1 courtesy of writer Greg Pak and artist Mirko Colak." -- Graphic Policy

"Colak's art is beautiful, and he captures the natural setting with beautiful tones by Lauren Affe. I have high hopes for this series. With Pak at the helm we can expect that the story will be entertaining and high energy. Even if there end up being no bionic dinosaurs I'm sure that Dynamite will continue their successful rebooting of comic characters." -- Bagged and Bored

• IDW PUBLICATIONS

AIRBOY ARCHIVES VOL 1 (TPB)

1936249200?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHUCK DIXON

Art: TIMOTHY TRUMAN, STAN WOCH, BEN DUNN, LARRY ELMORE, BILL JAASKA, TOM LYLE

Cover: TIMOTHY TRUMAN

TPB • FC • $29.99 • 308 pages

Collected for the first time!

Airboy, Valkyrie and Skywolf are back! As the original Airboy is murdered, his son Davy Nelson, takes over the cockpit to avenge his father. The high flying action-adventure of the Eclipse Comics series comes roaring back to life. Collects the first 16 issues of Airboy including the back-up Skywolf stories starting in issue #9.

What I really want is Golden Age Airboy collections, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I don't need this particular collection, because I bought the original Eclipse editions when they first came out, plus all the Skywolf and Valkyrie and Airmaidens stuff Eclipse did. But I'm probably among a very small minority of people reading this who did, so there's probably a pretty good market for this book -- especially because it's pretty good. DIxon and Truman? C'mon, what are you waiting for?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180CITY: THE MIND IN THE MACHINE #2

1936251343?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936251432?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ERIC GARCIA

Art: JAVIER FERNANDEZ

Cover: TOMMY LEE EDWARDS

Variant Cover: BERNARD CHANGE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Ben discovers amazing new abilities granted to him via Golden Shield, but his immersion into the system leads to a horrifying realization.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE CROW: PESTILENCE #1 (of 4)

1936251491?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253444?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: FRANK BILL

Art: DREW MOSS

Cover: JAMES O'BARR

Variant cover: CARLOS C'ANDA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Juarez, Mexico. A young boxer, Salvador, refuses to take a fall, but has no problem taking a vicious drug gang’s pay-off. When they take their lethal revenge on the Salvador and his family, he returns as THE CROW, in search of vengeance … and forgiveness.

A brutal new mini-series from Frank Bill, author of acclaimed novels Donnybrook and Crimes in Southern Indiana, with striking art from Drew Moss (The Colonized)!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADWORLD: RESTORATION #4 (of 5)

1936253659?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GARY REED

Art/Cover: SAMI MAKKONEN

Subscription Variant Cover: SAMI MAKKONEN

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bowker finds out about Project Lazarus as Moloch sets a new plan into motion. Donna must choose between her undead and human side in the midst of the zombie attack on New Washington. Dan is torn between his love for the woman who controls the zombies. Dead Killer leads the remaining lepers in a last ditch effort to stop the grakken before they breed even more.

I've never read a one of these books, because prior to The Walking Dead I wasn't much of a fan of the zombie genre. Now I'm curious to see what I missed. It didn't exactly sell gangbusters, so I'm not expecting Watchmen. Can any Legionnaires enlighten me as to Deadworld's relative quality?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #1 (1982) HUNDRED PENNY PRESS EDITION

1936254266?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: LARRY HAMA

Art: HERB TRIMPE

Cover: HERB TRIMPE

FC • 32 pages • $1.00

In this explosive first issue, COBRA COMMANDER manages to abduct Dr. Adele Burkhart, a controversial scientist privy to secrets that could spell doom for America! It’s up to G.I. JOE to infiltrate COBRA’s island base and rescue Dr. Burkhart before it is too late. Will they make it in time or will COBRA succeed? Find out in the issue that started it all, for only a buck!

Featuring the first appearance of G.I. JOE and COBRA: HAWK, COBRA COMMANDER, SCARLETT, BARONESS, SNAKE EYES, and many, many more beloved characters!

G.I. Joe is one of those concepts that came after my time -- by the time the cartoon hit the airwaves, I was no longer watching Saturday morning cartoons. But I recognize that the generation that followed mine was hooked on G.I. Joe as kids, and many are still fans today. That being said, I might still have become a Joe fan if the first comic-book series -- represented here by a reprint of Marvel's G.I. Joe #1, 1982 -- was to my taste. But it wasn't. I gave Joe a fair trial -- the first six issues or so -- but the Trimpe art (never a fan), the faux military drama (faux because, despite all the bullets expended, nobody important dies), and the superhero-y vibe just left me cold. Read this issue now as an adult, Joe fans, and see if it excites you like it did when you were 10. I'm thinking that it didn't appeal to me in 1982 because, frankly, I was just too old, and now that you guys aren't youngsters any more, you'll see that, too -- and cut me some slack!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE COMPLETE COLL VOL 4 (HC)

1936256322?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: LARRY HAMA

Art: ROD WHIGHAM, VARIOUS

$49.99

G.I. JOE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION presents the full run of original A Real American Hero stories, along with ½ issues, such as "A Bad Day At The Circus," into the proper reading order. Also, includes informative front matter by Mark W. Bellomo and issues notes.
    I could swear that I've already run this cover before. Either it got bumped at the last minute, or all these collections have trade dress that is just too similar.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180INDESTRUCTIBLE #4

1936256411?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JEFF KLINE

Art: CHRIS JOHNSON

Cover: JOSE LOPEZ

Subscription Variant: BERNARD CHANG

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

For Greg Pincus, being a superhero has its advantages: Growing fame. The promise of fortune. And carnal attention from the opposite sex. 'Course, if Greg had actual superpowers, he might be able to save the city. But, he doesn't. Which makes it nearly impossible for Greg to save even himself.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUDGE DREDD #17

1936256537?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art/Cover: NELSON DANIEL

Subscription Variant: MICHAEL AVON OEMING

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

“Cold Cold Ground” -- The morgue full of 13 dead Judges were only the beginning … of the end! Dredd’s most vicious and unstoppable enemies -- the Dark Judges -- are clawing their way into Mega-City One, determined to transform it into a new city of the dead. That’s right: Judges Death! Mortis! Fire! Fear! (And some new friends!) But the only thing more horrifying than the Dark Judges’ onslaught are drastic measures the Justice Department is willing to take to repel them.

Judge Death and the Dark Judges are here! All … 13 of them?!

I loved the look of the Dark Judges, but honestly, they're really just unstoppable and it beggars the imagination that Dredd can do so. But I guess if I can believe the FF can chase off Galactus, I'll believe anything.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180MONSTERS & MADMAN #1 (of 3)

1936259073?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260977?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STEVE NILES

Art/Cover: DAMIEN WORM

Subscription Variant Cover: DAMIEN WORM

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Visionary author and celebrated comic creator Steve Niles is returning to IDW in 2014 and bringing the most nefarious fiends along with him. Debuting in March, Niles weaves together a grave team-up between Frankenstein’s monster and Jack the Ripper in the terrifying new series, Monster & Madman.

A lost soul, Frankenstein’s monster seeks refuge from his waking life but finds no comfort in the bitter harshness of his surroundings. He sets out to free himself from his lonely isolation and during this journey he finds himself at the doorstop of a creature more sinister than he could have imagined, the madman, Jack The Ripper.

“Niles reminds me of Ozzy Osbourne,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief, “In the same way that Ozzy was always finding great new guitarists to bring his macabre visions to life, so too is Niles always finding amazingly talented and dynamically creepy new artists to bring his dark fantasies to life.”

Ryall added “And yes, we know Niles is also shepherding another Frankenstein series in Frankenstein Alive, Alive with Bernie Wrightson. That one is still happening, with a third issue coming in April, is unrelated to this one, and happens whenever Bernie’s amazing and meticulous art for each issue is complete. All of us are very vested in that series as well as this one, and we’ve appreciated readers’ and retailers’ patience on Alive, Alive. M&M will nicely fill the gap between those issues, and the entire series will be complete before the first issue is released so there will be no waiting here. Monthly creepiness awaits!”

Niles reinvigorated the horror genre in American comics with his lauded IDW series 30 Days of Night, with artist Ben Templesmith. Since the widely successful and Eisner-nominated series debuted in 2002, 30 Days of Night has gone on to spawn 10 additional series and a major motion picture from Sony.

"I think this is the 5th or 6th time I've used the Frankenstein Monster in a story. I've always been fascinated with Mary Shelley's creation and I've found the creature lends himself to all sorts of new stories," says Steve Niles, "There were eleven White Chapel Murders. Only five of them were attributed to Jack the Ripper. I became obsessed with the idea of a ‘what if’ situation where these two monsters crossed paths.”

Joining Niles in this terrifying new series is Damien Worm, whose macabre style brings the undead to life. In addition to penciling, inking and coloring the covers and interior pages, Worm will also be handling lettering chores on the three-issue series. Niles added, “I'm very excited to be working with Damien. He has that dark edge to his art I love for horror stories. I'm constantly impressed with just how macabre his images can be."

As noted in the press release above, Monster & Madman is meant to plug the scheduling gaps between issues of Niles and Wrightson's Frankenstein Alive, Alive. Now, I often complain about lateness, but I'm perfectly OK with the delays in Alive, Alive, because 1) I'll wait as long as it takes for new Berni Wrightson art, and 2) we were warned on the front end that the issues would be released when they were ready, not on a timetable. So we had fair warning, and it's bound to be a creation for the ages, so I'm content to wait. In the meantime, we have this story, which looks pretty cool.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDS FOREVER #3

1936263297?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: TED ANDERSON

Art: AGNES GARBOWSKA

Cover: AMY MEBBERSON

Variant: AGNES BARBOWSKA

Subscription Variant: TONY FLEECS

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Featuring the unlikely duo of Princess Celestia and Spike! In need of the birthday present for Twilight, Spike enlists Celestia on an adventure! What seems to be a harmless journey quickly turns into danger for even the mightiest of ponies! Who will save whom??

A dragon and a princess … what could go wrong?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180POWERPUFF GIRLS #7

1936263391?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: DEREK CHARM

Subscription Variant: DAN HIPP

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Watch out, Townsville! There ain’t no party like a MONSTER ISLAND party, and these beasties are holding their festivities in YOUR FAIR CITY! Will the Powerpuff Girls be able to stop them before they COMPLETELY trash the place?! Part one of a special 2-issue story by Derek Charm!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR TREK #31

1936263451?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MIKE JOHNSON

Art: ERFAN FAJAR

Cover: GERRY GASTONNY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Part 1 of an epic all-new 2-part adventure set within the continuity of the blockbuster STAR TREK films! Captain Kirk and the crew have never faced a threat like the one they face now: their own ship! Don't miss the first chapter of "I, Enterprise", overseen by STAR TREK writer-producer Roberto Orci!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES COLOR CLASSICS VOL 2 #5

1936265529?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: KEVIN EASTMAN, PETER LAIRD, STEVE LAVIGNE

Art: JIM LAWSON, PETER LAIRD

Cover: KEVIN EASTMAN, PETER LAIRD, STEVE LAVIGNE

FC • 40 pages • $3.99

A Mirage black-and-white classic presented in all-new full color! In “Return to New York, Book One”, Raphael has had enough of hiding out in Northampton. After a tough scuffle with his brothers, he soon finds himself back in New York City … and in deep trouble with the Foot Clan! Alone and outnumbered, will Raph be able to survive his first night back in town without his brothers? Find out in this classic TMNT tale!

TMNT #19 (Mirage, Vol. 1), now in full-color!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #32

1936267669?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: TOM WATLTZ, KEVIN EASTMAN

Art: ROSS CAMPBELL

Cover: ROSS CAMPBELL, KEVIN EASTMAN

Variant: S-BIS

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Turtles thought they’d be safe in Northampton -- they were wrong! Surrounded on all sides, the Turtles will have to reunite as a fearsome fighting force. Will their newest ally be their salvation, or doom?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS #1 (1984) HUNDRED PENNY PRESS EDITION

1936268607?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: BILL MANTLO, RALPH MACCHIO

Art: FRANK SPRINGER

Cover: BILL SIENKIEWICZ

FC • 32 pages • $1.00

See how the epic began, for only a buck! Celebrate issue 100 of TRANSFORMERS: REGENERATION ONE with the story that started it all! AUTOBOTS wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the DECEPTICONS -- and their war spills onto Earth!

• Featuring the first appearance of OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, and many, many more beloved characters!

• Afterword by TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE writer John Barber!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #27: DARK CYBERTRON  PART 10 (of 12)

1936271686?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ROBERTS, JOHN BARBER

Art: ALEX MILNE, LIVIO RAMONDELLI

Cover: CASEY W. COLLER

Subscription Variant: PHIL JIMENEZ

Variant: ALEX MILNE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TOGETHER AT LAST! The crew of the Lost Light and the survivors of CYERTRON get a brief moment of calm as they take stock of who’s survived DARK CYBERTRON this far. But things get worse -- the final fate of the DEAD UNIVERSE reveals a nightmarish link to the greatest threat the universe has ever faced!

• The casts MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE and ROBOTS IN DISGUISE -- together for the first time in two years!

• Art by MTMTE superstar ALEX MILNE and MONSTROSITY superstar LIVIO RAMONDELLI!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE X-FILES: CONSPIRACY: THE CROW

1936271866?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DENTON J. TIPTON

Art: VIC MALHOTRA

Cover: MIRAN KIM

Subscription Variant: JOE CORRONEY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bernard is a decorated state policeman in love with his partner. But their romance is brutally cut short when both die following a high-speed pursuit and fiery car crash involving the Lone Gunmen. Bernard inexplicably awakens to find himself resurrected by an otherworldly crow and with only one thing on his mind: vengeance.

• Art by Vic Malhotra (Joe Hill’s Thumbprint)!

• Ask your retailer about the Joe Corroney “tabloid” variant covers for each issue of the event!

I was aware that "Conspiracy" would mix X-Files with TMNT and Transformers, but I didn't know The Crow would be included. But here it is, part of a clever crossover that isn't branding itself a crossover, with a clever use of X-Files as the excuse.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 #10

1936272187?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOE HARRIS

Art: MENTON3

Cover: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

“More Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man” The ubiquitous foe of Agents Mulder and Scully has returned from the dead, raising many questions and burying many answers. Find out more about his resurrection, along with his past, in this special stand-alone story, which sets the stage for the next big story arc!

• Ask your retailer about the menton3 variant cover!

• Special standalone story featuring the “Cigarette Smoking Man”!

• Eisner-winning cover artist Francesco Francavilla begins his run as the regular cover artist!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180ZOMBIE WAR COMPLETE

1936275052?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: KEVIN EASTMAN

Art/Cover: KEVIN EASTMAN, ERIC TALBOT

FC • 64 pages • $6.99

When the denizens of Earth’s military cemeteries begin to rise from the dead, who will stop them? Over ZOMBIE WAR’s two giant-sized issues, Jina, a tough-as-nails fighter pilot sets about uncovering what reanimated these heavily armed monsters and more importantly, what will stop them?!

Featuring scripts and layouts by TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman and art by Eric Talbot (Heavy Metal)!

• IMAGE COMICS

EAST OF WEST #10

1936248489?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art/Cover: NICK DRAGOTTA

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

"OLD MAGIC"

Death finally tracks down someone who knows where his son has been hidden, right as the Ranger finds that exact same man. Someone shoots, someone gets shot, and someone dies.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936251070?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253065?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936255499?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257523?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180EGOs #3

1936259904?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STUART MOORE

Art/Cover: GUS STORMS

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

The first storyline concludes! The all-new EGOs unite to take down Masse, who’s about to devour four inhabited planets. At stake: eight billion lives, the team itself, and oh yeah: their leader’s marriage. Whether you're a True Believer or a Godless Communist, you must read "The Tadpole and the Sword!”

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260034?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936262210?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264250?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266489?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936268882?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936271182?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE END TIMES OF BRAM & BEN (TPB)

1936273363?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ASMUS & JIM FESTANTE

Art/Cover: REM BROO

120 PAGES / FC / M / $12.99

The cult-hit, Manning Award-nominated miniseries gets collected with bonus content! When the Biblical apocalypse starts, charming bastard Bram Carlson is raptured into Heaven in a "clerical error." After he’s sent back to Earth, Bram decides to cash in the end of the world for all it’s worth! But can his anxious roommate Ben save his friend from himself—and the mounting forces of Armageddon? Check out the book the Onion’s AVClub called “hilarious” and IGN called “an amazing series!”

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180INVINCIBLE #109

1936275366?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art/Cover: RYAN OTTLEY & JOHN RAUCH

What the what?!  After one hundred and nine issues ... things take a sharp turn.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180MANIFEST DESTINY #4 (2ND PRINTING)

1936275380?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRIS DINGESS

Art: MATTHEW ROBERTS

The fourth issue of Chris Dingess' (Being Human) and Matthew Roberts’ (BATTLE POPE) critically acclaimed Skybound series MANIFEST DESTINY has sold out instantly and will go into its second printing. Join the rest of the explorers on the lush, fantasy adventure people can’t stop talking about.

Praise for MANIFEST DESTINY:

“Historical fiction can be a gamble in comics. … By keeping it weird and focusing on their characters, Dingess and Roberts make a great case for how well it can work.” -- Marykate Jasper, Comic Book Resources

“Salvation lies west, and Manifest Destiny is proof -- taking a smart spin on otherwise barren narrative territory, Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts and Owen Gieni have produced an opening issue that will pique your interest and get you invested in our heroes. This is the kind of trailblazing you won't want to miss.” -- David Pepose, Newsarama

“Dingess and Roberts have done a terrific job here, establishing the ugly side as well as the wonder of this expedition to the West. Manifest Destiny is looking to be one revelatory journey.” -- Michelle White, Multiversity Comics

Manifest Destiny #1 promises to be some really solid storytelling, focusing on a time when the world was still a mystery to those who thought themselves above it, and a world which too often valued the pioneer spirit above basic human decency.” -- Andy Hunsaker, Crave Online

“It is way too early to start making best comics of the year lists, but we can safely put Manifest Destiny on the contenders list.” -- Cody Ferrell, Comic Book Therapy

1801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180MANIFEST DESTINY #5

1936277525?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRIS DINGESS

Art/Cover: MATTHEW ROBERTS & OWEN GIENI

Trapped in the wilderness, supplies and ammo dwindling, Lewis and Clark’s expedition appears doomed to failure. And that’s before their infected men begin to turn ...

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936278053?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936280217?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936283007?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936285627?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287695?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936289591?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE MERCENARY SEA #1 (2ND PRINTING)

1936291536?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KEL SYMONS

Art: MATHEW REYNOLDS

Critics and readers alike have jumped aboard The Venture and fallen in love with Kel Symons (I LOVE TROUBLE) and Mathew Reynolds' (Marlow) adventure series THE MERCENARY SEA. The first issue sold out instantly and will go into a second printing with a special cover yet to be revealed.

If you haven’t already, read the comic that Ed Brubaker calls, “an amazing high adventure book.”

“I’m really proud of the work Kel and Mathew are doing on The Mercenary Sea,” said Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson. “Kel has a wonderful imagination, and I think he’s found the perfect collaborator in Mathew, who just brings everything Kel gives him to life with a style that’s both timeless and bold. I couldn’t be more pleased to have them here with us at Image!”

Praise for THE MERCENARY SEA:

"An amazing new high adventure book, I can't wait to read more of The Mercenary Sea." -- Ed Brubaker, multiple Eisner Award-winning writer

"Writer Kel Symons and artist Mathew Reynolds have parlayed their mutual love for classic adventure stories into a sharp, swanky comic." -- Casey Gilly, Comic Book Resources

"I was expecting another pirate story, but The Mercenary Sea seems to be a very different, much more interesting beast. ... This is definitely a series to look out for." -- Matt Meylikhov, Multiversity Comics

"This book should be on more people’s radar. Do not miss out on this issue." Score: 5/5 -- Dustin Cabeal, Comic Bastards

“This is a great read and an even greater introduction to the premise and characters. You'll slowly be dragged in with the dialogue and character dynamics and then coldcocked by the uniquely striking art.” -- David Brooke, Adventures in Poor Taste

“Characters look like a mix between Johnny Quest and Archer with bold black lines and Reynolds' silhouette style and the way that it teams up with black, blue, purple, and green colored skies conspire to convey extreme depth for a real slice of visual WOW.”  -- Jason Tabrys, Den of Geek!

The Mercenary Sea #1 shows that Symons and Reynolds have the chops to bring us an exciting and fun adventure story set on the high seas. The swiftly paced writing coupled with the unique art show that this is yet another series to watch. … If you've got an itch for adventure, The Mercenary Sea surely looks to scratch it, so get onboard The Venture and let's set sail together.”  -- Matt LeMaire, The MacGuffin

The Mercenary Sea #1 is fun! And as a first entry it does more than enough to garner attention and praise. So by all means, reserve it on your pull-list. Because on February 12th you'll find yourself flipping through its pages as it comes recommended.”  -- Harrison Rawdin, Unleash the Fanboy

1801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE MERCENARY SEA #2

1936291809?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KEL SYMONS

Art/Cover: MATHEW REYNOLDS

"RED SAILS AT SUNSET"

When The Venture is damaged in a trap laid by the Chinese admiral after Captain Jack Harper's head, he's forced to take the job offered by the mysterious American agent, Mr. Taylor, to rescue a British spy trapped behind enemy lines.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293804?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936295912?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936298305?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936300465?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936302449?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936304979?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180MINIMUM WAGE #3

1936305164?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BOB FINGERMAN

Art/Cover: BOB FINGERMAN

24 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50

Rob and May reach an unforeseen milestone in their relationship, but that’s nothing compared to his chance encounter with the eccentric co-star of one of his favorite childhood TV shows. Uncomfortable hugs, inappropriate cabbies, obese Klingons, and really creepy puppets flesh out the third issue of BOB FINGERMAN’s so-real-it-hurts series.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307271?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936309582?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936312232?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936312955?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315192?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315604?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180

SPAWN #241

1936317632?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: TODD McFARLANE

Art: SZYMON KUDRANSKI

Cover: SZYMON KUDRANSKI

MARCH 5 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

What happened with Jim and Cogliostro at the foundation construction site? Bludd and his men seek to find answers, but an unexpected guest may alter their plans.

• STRAY BULLETS #41

1936242493?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art /Cover: DAVID LAPHAM

32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50

The long awaited conclusion to “HiJinks and Derring-Do” arrives with a thirty-two pages of cover-to-cover action and suspense. Virginia Applejack's return home has turned into a disaster of blackmail, tragedy, brutality, motherly love, dismemberment, kidnapping and now ... murder. Watch it all come to a head as Virginia faces the unhinged Mike Hussy with Leon's life on the line. Will a missing finger, a pile of cocaine and a basket of laundry be enough to stop eight rounds of white-hot lead? School's out forever ...

Image Comics is proud to announce that STRAY BULLETS #41, a definitive collection of issues #1-41 entitled STRAY BULLETS: THE ÜBER ALLES EDITION, and the first issue of STRAY BULLETS: THE KILLERS #1, the beginning of a new story arc that will continue as an ongoing monthly series, will all hit store shelves simultaneously on 3/12.

And for the first time ever, every issue of STRAY BULLETS and all forthcoming digital issues will be available immediately on the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com) and the official Image Comics iOS app, as well as on Comixology on the web (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play. To help readers jump in on the excitement, the first four digital issues will be offered for free.

"I couldn't be more excited to be back,” said Lapham. “Stray Bullets is home to me. To the fans who have been asking, and asking about it for years ... I finally have good news for you."

STRAY BULLETS won the 1996 Eisner Award for Best Writer/Artist, and the trade paperback collection Stray Bullets: Innocence of Nihilism won the 1997 Eisner Award for Best Graphic Album-Reprint. Its trademark dark, neo-noir themes and nonlinear storytelling have been likened to the storytelling styles of Quentin Tarantino and David Lynch.

“I’ve been a fan of Stray Bullets since the book first debuted back in 1995, and working with David and Maria Lapham to bring the book back at Image is hands down one of the most exciting things I’ve done since becoming Publisher,” said Eric Stephenson, Publisher at Image Comics. “Stray Bullets is one of comics’ towering achievements, and I could not be more proud to be publishing it through Image!”

1936244585?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936247022?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936249575?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936251674?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936253851?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936256166?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180STRAY BULLETS: THE ÜBER ALLES EDITION (TPB)

1936257996?profile=RESIZE_180x180WriterArt/Cover: DAVID LAPHAM

1200 PAGES / BW / M / $59.99

Collects STRAY BULLETS #1-41

A ONE-TIME PRINTING DIRECT MARKET EXCLUSIVE!

The original five story arcs of one of the all-time greatest crime comic series are collected in this GIANT 1,200 page volume. “The Innocence of Nihilism,” “Somewhere Out West,” “Other People,” “Dark Days,” and “HiJinks and Derring-Do” appear in their entirety.

Details Magazine called STRAY BULLETS “[a]s visually distinct as it is gripping to read. It's violent without being voyeuristic, bursting with heart and sadness.”

STRAY BULLETS took the comic book industry by storm when it debuted in 1995 -- 19 years ago this month -- and won multiple Eisner Awards. Overnight, its harrowing portrayal of contemporary life became required reading and influenced a generation of cartoonists. Too long out of print, STRAY BULLETS is finally back with this ultimate Über Alles edition, reprinting all that came before and setting the stage for STRAY BULLETS: THE KILLERS, the first of many new story arcs to come. DO NOT MISS THIS!

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180STRAY BULLETS: KILLERS #1

1936260282?profile=RESIZE_180x180WriterArt/Cover: DAVID LAPHAM

32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50

One of the most acclaimed crime series ever returns! When Gary Goldsmith and his young son Asa are involved in a deadly hit and run, their night goes from bad to worse when their grisly deed is witnessed by a disturbing stranger. Find out what thirty dollars, a dirty diaper and a girl named Yummy will reveal about the true meaning of life in a little story we like to call “The Love Ride.” Featuring the return of Spanish Scott!

This new arc of stories about life and love and all the things we do to kill them starts out in the best noir tradition, then turns the genre on its ear. Would you expect any less? If you've never read STRAY BULLETS before, jump in here. Hell, jump in anywhere. Every issue always presents a complete story that fits into a larger whole.

Fans of the classic series can enjoy STRAY BULLETS #41, and then re-read the series in full with the definitive collection of issues #1-41 entitled STRAY BULLETS: ÜBER ALLES EDITION. On the same day, the first issue of STRAY BULLETS: KILLERS will be available, the beginning of a new arc which will continue as an ongoing monthly series. For those who haven’t yet joined the legion of loyal STRAY BULLETS fans, this is the perfect opportunity to jump in on the series.

And for those interested in building up their digital library, every issue of STRAY BULLETS is available on the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com) and the official Image Comics iOS app, as well as on Comixology on the web (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play. All forthcoming issues will be available upon release, but to help readers jump in on the phenomenon, the first four issues are free digitally for a limited time.

"Stray Bullets is all about delivering a gut-punch each and every issue,” said Lapham. “I call it domestic-noir. These stories will hit you where you live.”

STRAY BULLETS won the 1996 Eisner Award for Best Writer/Artist, and the hardcover collection STRAY BULLETS: Innocence of Nihilism won the 1997 Eisner Award for Best Graphic Album-Reprint. Its trademark dark, neo-noir themes and nonlinear storytelling have been likened to the storytelling styles of Quentin Tarantino and David Lynch.

“Stray Bullets is one of comics’ greatest achievements and having it here at Image is a tremendous source of pride, not just for myself, but for everyone involved with the company,” said Eric Stephenson, Publisher at Image Comics. “Collecting the entire original series alongside David’s new work in Stray Bullets: Killers has been an incredible undertaking, but it’s something I know old and new readers alike are going to appreciate when these books hit the stands.”

1936262310?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264375?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266637?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936269217?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEN GRAND #8

1936271369?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art/Cover A: CP SMITH

Cover B: WHILCE PORTACIO & MICHAEL ATIYEH

FEBRUARY 12 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Joe Fitzgerald entered Hell to find out what happened to Laura, the greatest love he has ever known. At last, he has found her...only to be captured by the same man who killed both of them and seized Laura's spirit from deep inside Heaven. It's the beginning of the confrontation Joe has been fighting to make happen ever since the Angel put him on this mission, but nothing's going his way. If Joe dies this time, it's permanent, and he and Laura will be trapped in Hell forever.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180THINK TANK VOL 3 (TPB)

1936273361?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT HAWKINS

Art/Cover: RAHSAN EKEDAL

JANUARY 1

144 PAGES / FC / T+ / $14.99

Collects THINK TANK #9-12

"OUTBREAK"

Slacker genius Dr. David Loren used to worry about the deadly consequences of his creations from the safety of his laboratory … but not anymore! Deployed to Taiwan to oversee a field test gone awry, will having a SEAL Team as his bodyguards be enough to ensure that David returns home outside of a body bag?

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE WALKING DEAD #123

1936275369?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN

Cover: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

32 PAGES / BW / M / $2.99

"ALL OUT WAR," Part Nine

Whose side is Dwight REALLY on?

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180WITCHBLADE #173

1936275518?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RON MARZ

Art: LAURA BRAGA

Cover: STJEPAN SEJIC

JANUARY 15

BORNE AGAIN

Even without the Witchblade secured to her wrist, Sara Pezzini cannot escape the corrupting influence of the gauntlet.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275733?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936278356?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281436?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936283987?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936286218?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• MARVEL COMICS

ALL NEW INVADERS #1 (2ND PTG)

1936237624?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ROBINSON

Art: STEVE PUGH

Cover: MUKESH SINGH

$3.99

"Gods and Soldiers" Part One -- Eisner Award winner James Robinson (Starman, Earth 2) returns to Marvel, uniting with Steve Pugh (Animal Man, Hotwire, Gen-X) to create a unique, modern day take on the Invaders. The Kree Empire intends to conquer the universe using a weapon that will grant them an army of Norse Gods. It falls to four heroes united by their past -- Captain America, Namor, the Original Human Torch and the Winter Soldier -- who must now face the future and wage war against the Kree to save Earth.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #2 (2ND PTG)

1936237738?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: PETER DAVID

Art: CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO

Cover: JARED FLETCHER

On-Sale 03/12/14

“Total eye candy” – ScienceFiction.com, on ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #2

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #4

1936239914?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: PETER DAVID

Art: CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO

Cover: KRIS ANKA, JARED FLETCHER

32 PGS. / Rated T+ / $3.99

The team takes on their former frenemy, Danger!

Brought to you by Serval Industries.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW (2ND PTG)

1936242175?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art: STUART IMMONEN

It's the crossover that has the world (and the galaxy) talking, and today Marvel is pleased to announce that both All-New X-Men 22.NOW and Guardians of the Galaxy 11.NOW have sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately be going back to press.

Jean Grey has been abducted by the alien Shi'ar empire, imprisoned for the crimes of her future self! Now, her fellow teammates and their new allies the Guardians of the Galaxy must race across the stars to her aid. But will they be too late? No one will return from this mission the same. And some won't even return at all!

Critics agree, The Trial of Jean Grey is a hit!

Praise for All-New X-Men #22.NOW:

“… an enjoyable way to kick off the series’ crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy.” – IGN

“The .NOW initiative that gives us not only the digital copy of this comic but of the first trade at no extra costs makes this something any new reader would enjoy very much.” – GeekedOutNation.com

“Bendis is one of the best writers in the business at handling teenage characters.” – Comicosity

“… looking stunning as always.” – Comicosity

“… a visual treat for us readers.” – Comicosity

“… feels like an A-List event book.” – Comicosity

“… Bendis is doing what Bendis does best…” – Newsarama

“Highly enjoyable!” – ComicBookResources.com

“… stunningly gorgeous and surprisingly charming.” – ComicBookResources.com

ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW  includes a code for a digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android as well as a digital copy of the first collection of each series, absolutely free!

ALL-NEW X-MEN #24

1936244449?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art/Cover: STUART IMMONEN

Variant Cover: DALE KEOWN

32 PGS./Rated T/$3.99

THE TRIAL OF JEAN GREY PART 5!

• X-Men and Guardians vs. Gladiator and Jean Grey’s fate lies in the balance!

• One of the X-Men’s lives will be forever changed!

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW X-MEN VOL. 2: HERE TO STAY (TPB)

1936247568?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art: DAVID MARQUEZ & STUART IMMONEN

Cover: STUART IMMONEN

136 PGS./Rated T+/$19.99

Yesterday’s X-Men continue to adjust to a present day that’s simultaneously more awe-inspiring and more disturbing than any future the young heroes had ever imagined for themselves. And the situation gets even more dangerous when the villainous duo Mystique and Sabretooth target the young time-travelers --- starting with Cyclops! Plus: How will Earth’s Mightiest Heroes react to the time-swept X-Men? Find out when the Avengers visit the Jean Grey School! But they’re not the only ones to do so, as the outlaw Uncanny X-Men drop by for a recruiting session. Who will join the adult Cyclops and his revolutionary crew? The answer will shock you! Acclaimed writer Brian Michael Bendis further defines the future -- and the past -- of the X-Men! Collecting ALL-NEW X-MEN #6-10.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING X-MEN #2-3 (2ND PTG)

1936249847?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936251984?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JASON AARON

Art/Cover: ED MCGUINESS

In the wake of the Battle of the Atom, the X-Men’s greatest assemble for a mission beyond the grave!

It's the series everyone is talking about.

This November, Wolverine leads the charge for the soul of Nightcrawler in Amazing X-Men #1, a bombastic new series from superstar writer Jason Aaron and blockbuster artist Ed McGuinness!

When Nightcrawler sacrificed his life to protect mutantkind in the cataclysmic Second Coming, a hole was left in the X-Men’s ranks that has never been filled. But now they’re going to do something about it! Wolverine leads the charge deep into the unknown to rescue a fallen comrade. But as the deadly forces of the afterlife await, will the teams first mission be their last?

Critics and fans agree, Amazing X-Men is a hit!

"There is a reason that Jason Aaron is one of the main writers on the X-Men titles and this issue once again perfectly captures why" -- ScienceFiction.com, on Amazing X-Men #2

"There is nothing Ed McGuinness can't do" -- Adventures in Poor Taste, on Amazing X-Men #2

"The art is worth the price of admission alone; good thing there's also a super fun story" -- IGN, on Amazing X-Men #2

"Action! Adventure! Romance! The creative team crams a little bit of everything into this issue" -- Newsarama, on Amazing X-Men #3

"Feels like a classic X-Tale in all the best ways" -- Multiversity Comics on Amazing X-Men #3

Don't miss your chance to catch up on the bombastic new series where every arc is an event when AMAZING X-MEN #2 and AMAZING X-MEN #3 return to comic shops this March!

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS: ABSOLUTE VISION BOOK 2 (TPB)

1936254082?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ROGER STERN

Art: AL MILGROM, CARMINE INFANTINO, IAN AKIN, BRIAN GARVEY, BOB HALL & STEVE DITKO

Cover: BOB HALL

392 PGS./Rated T/$39.99

The Vision takes command! As many of Earth’s Mightiest are whisked away to fight in the Secret Wars, the newly assertive synthezoid seizes the chair. He has changes in store when the heroes return, not least his idea for a new team of Avengers on the West Coast. But there are Dire Wraiths and demons to deal with back East, not to mention an army of Hulks and Thanos’ monstrous minions the Blood Brothers! Hercules and Black Knight return to the fold, while Starfox discovers an uncanny connection to the Eternals just in time to face the menace of Maelstrom. But as Vision’s true plan unfolds, are even two teams of Avengers enough to handle one of their own? Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #242-254 and ANNUAL #13.

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS UNDERCOVER #1

1936256978?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257189?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DENNIS HOPELESS

Art: KEV WALKER

Cover: FRANCESCO MATTINA

Variant: MARK BROOKS

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

WHEN TEEN HEROES INFILTRATE THE MASTERS OF EVIL, WHO WILL BREAK BAD?

Damaged by their experience in Murder World, five conflicted young superhumans go rogue and infiltrate the Masters of Evil, planning to bring the Avengers’ rivals down from within. But the longer the teens spend undercover, the more they descend into darkness, and as they start to build relationships with these multi-layered criminals, the line between good and evil blurs. What will happen first…joining the Masters for real, or getting exposed and killed? If you thought Murder World was dangerous, just wait until “Most Promising New Talent” Harvey award-winner Dennis Hopeless and acclaimed artist Kev Walker surround you with Evil!

This March, ask yourself the question: If you were a teen superhuman and all the adult heroes failed you when you were kidnapped and tortured, would you switch sides and break bad? Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AVENGERS UNDERCOVER #1 from Harvey Award winning writer Dennis Hopeless and critically acclaimed artist Kev Walker!

Damaged, broken, and forever changed by their experiences in Murder World, five conflicted young superhumans are out to prove to the world they can still be heroes. Now, Bloodstone, Hazmat, Deathlocket, Cammi, Anachronism, Chase, and Nico are going rogue and heading deep undercover with the Masters of Evil. And they’re going to take them down from the inside!

But the longer these teens spend undercover, the deeper they descend into darkness. And the line between good and evil blurs. Before it’s all over – a new super villain will be born!

“In many super hero comics, the series jumps from adventure to adventure, never taking the time to dig deep and explore how a traumatic event would truly effect the protagonists. AVENGERS UNDERCOVER turns that situation on its head by using this trauma as the starting point, “ says editor Bill Rosemann. “What happens after your teachers abandon you? Where do you go when you no longer fit in with your old life? When the world has rendered their judgment as to what lies in your heart, how to you prove otherwise? Dennis and Kev have the answers -- and to get them you’ll have to follow our heroes down a rabbit hole of pure evil.”

“There aren’t any rules this time,” says writer Dennis Hopeless in an interview with Marvel.com. “The game is over and the kids who have survived have to go back to real life. AVENGERS UNDERCOVER is the story of what that feels like. We explore the PTSD of the thing.”

“What sorts of life decisions do these kids make once they realize that they don’t really fit into their old lives anymore?” continued Hopeless. “Can they get any of it back? If so, how? And if not, what’s next?”

Their time in Murder World prepared them for death. But nothing can prepare them for their new lives among the Masters of Evil. The longer they stay undercover, their path’s become more clear: Join up with the Masters of Evil for real, or be discovered and killed! If you thought Murder World was dangerous, you haven’t seen anything yet -- and it all starts this March in AVENGERS UNDERCOVER #1!

So, I didn't read Avengers Arena, because I just don't believe most people -- much less superheroes -- can be blackmailed into killing their friends. Most people, including me, would rather die than kill someone we love -- or anyone, really -- and would refuse to fight.

But, OK, that was the premise of Avengers Arena, which I didn't buy, but is the antecedent of this title, which I probably will buy. So what about it, Legionnaires, do I have to buy Avengers Arena trades to understand this book? And more to the point, was Arena good enough to overcome my antipathy for its premise?

1936259394?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936261310?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936261843?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936262083?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS WORLD #2 (2ND PTG)

1936262101?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JONATHAN HICKMAN & NICK SPENCER

Art: STEFANO CASELLI

Cover: JUNG-GEUN YOON

“Entertaining from start to finish” -- ComicBookResources.com

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK WIDOW #2-3 (2ND PTG)

1936264328?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266443?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: PHIL NOTO

Critics and fans have spoken, and the runaway hit of All-New Marvel NOW! is here! BLACK WIDOW #2-3 from the critically acclaimed creative team of Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto has completely sold out faster than retailers could stock them and will immediately head back to press!

Here's what critics have to say about the blockbuster new series:

"10/10" -- ComicVIne

“This is everything I wanted in a Black Widow comic.” -- ComicVine

“… a stylish, fantastic first issue that expands on the fan favorite character and kicks off what has the potential to be an absolutely fantastic series.” -- Comicosity

“This is one of the most visually stunning comics I have read in a very long …” -- Comicosity

“This comic will pull you in with the first page and it will not let go until the final panel.” -- Comicosity

Black Widow #2

"10/10" – Newsarama

“Phil Noto and Nathan Edmondson are absolutely killing it!” -- Newsarama.com

“Fantastic!” -- Adventures in Poor Taste

“I can’t wait to read more.” -- Comicosity

The deadliest covert operative in the world, Natasha Romanoff now walks the righteous path. Though she's not afraid to get her hands a little dirty to do it. And her high stakes missions will take her to the darkest corners of the Marvel Universe - including a daring prison breakout deep in the jungles of Argentina! Only the breakout was the easy part!

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK WIDOW #4

1936266529?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: PHIL NOTO

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• From the cold streets of old Russia, the Hand of God reaches out to crush Black Widow -- and it is merciless.

• Outmatched by the brute force of a powerful new villain, Natasha finds a deadly plot unfolding that spans the entire globe

• Jump on to the sensational new series as the most lethal The Avenger faces her deadliest test!

This March, the runaway hit of All-New Marvel NOW! continues with another exciting chapter! Marvel is proud to present your first look at BLACK WIDOW #4 from the critically acclaimed creative team of Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto! From the cold streets of Russia emerges a powerful new villain. Enter – the Hand of God! And the Widow’s life will never be the same. Outmatched, outclassed, and outgunned by the Hand of God’s sheer brute force, Natasha fights for her life against her merciless new foe. The pieces are in play and the clock is ticking. The Hand of God’s globe-spanning terror plot has been activated. Is the Widow enough to stop it? She’ll have to survive first! Jump on to the sensational All-New Marvel NOW! series that has everyone talking! Don’t miss BLACK WIDOW #4 this March!

1936268960?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936270943?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936273274?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN MARVEL #1

1936275250?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275436?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275581?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277805?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Art/Cover: DAVID LOPEZ

Variant: JOHN CASSADAY

Animal Variant: DAVID LOPEZ

Young Variant: SKOTTIE YOUNG

Variant: LEINIL YU

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

HIGHER, FURTHER, FASTER, MORE begins!

Hero! Pilot! Avenger! Captain Marvel, Earth’s Mightiest Hero with death-defying powers and an attitude to match, is back and launching headfirst into an all-new ongoing series! As Captain Marvel, a.k.a. Carol Danvers, comes to a crossroads with a new life and new romance, she makes a dramatic decision that will alter the course of her life and the entire Marvel Universe in the months to come. It’s time to go HIGHER, FURTHER, FASTER and more in the most super-powered comic around!

Calling all Carol Corps members! Marvel is pleased to present your first look at CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 as your favorite high flying heroine makes her All-New Marvel NOW! debut -- courtesy of fan-favorite scribe Kelly Sue Deconnick and red-hot artist David Lopez!

Earth’s Mightiest Hero with death-defying powers and an attitude to match is back -- and nothing is going to be the same for Carol Danvers! New friends, a new home, and even a new love interest are just the start. Carol’s going cosmic -- leaving Earth behind and heading into the vast unknown of outer space! And at the edge of the universe, she’ll rediscover the hero she was always destined to be!

“Everything about Carol wants to go UP. Chin up, head up, heart up, up, up, UP. And I thought, ‘What if we let her go?’” says series writer Kelly Sue Deconnick on taking Carol into outer space.

"In many ways, Captain Marvel’s adventures have been building to this moment." adds Editor Sana Amanat. "Carol has always pushed herself to the limits in all aspects of her life, so setting off into that grand cosmic highway is simply a matter of destiny. And one replete with high-octane space chases, monstrous battles and intergalactic mystery!"

As Carol blasts off into deep space she’ll face threats unlike any she’s faced before. But fearsome foes and some of the galaxy’s most dangerous perils won’t know what hit them! Blast off into deep space as the breakout hit of 2012 begins anew when Higher, Further, Faster, More kicks off this March in CAPTAIN MARVEL #1!

I'm not sure if I really enjoy Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel as much as I just want to enjoy Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel. Because I want Carol Danvers to really take off, to become such a powerful and interesting character that she becomes as famous as Wonder Woman, while being the formidable and suitable role model for girls that the superhero genre so desperately needs. So come on, Kelly Sue, I'm rooting for you: Make Captain Marvel soar, and give girls and women at least one gateway superhero title.

1936280033?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936282083?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936284040?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936286043?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180DAREDEVIL: DARK NIGHTS (TPB)

1936287936?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KEVIN SHINICK

Art: STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Cover: CLAYTON CRAIN

184 PGS./Rated T+/$19.99

The greatest talents in comics bring you gorgeous new stories featuring the Man Without Fear! First, a blizzard brings New York to a standstill -- and a little girl in desperate need of a heart transplant lies on death’s door, unless Daredevil can get to her in time! The trouble is, DD is recovering from a severe concussion! Then, it’s a race against time when Daredevil must battle the Shocker, track a fugitive and reclaim stolen evidence Matt Murdock needs to protect his innocent client -- while the Avengers confront massive monster mayhem in the streets of NYC! Finally, Matt is out of his element and surrounded by enemies when a client fleeing persecution leads him to the Caribbean. Good thing he’s got a new partner: the Fearless Defender herself, Misty Knight! Collecting DAREDEVIL: DARK NIGHTS #1-8.

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL #25.NOW!

1936289734?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936291806?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293669?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: GERRY DUGGAN, BRIAN POSEHN

Art: MIKE HAWTHORNE

Cover: MARK BROOKS

Variant: PHIL NOTO

Animal Variant: COOK

32 PGS./Parental Advisory/$2.99

DEADPOOL REACHES RECORD-BREAKING ISSUE #25!

First Marvel NOW! title to reach the landmark 25th issue! Avengers doesn’t count. Because. When Deadpool re-killed the reanimated dead Presidents of the United States, Agent Gorman of S.H.I.E.L.D. stiffed him on his well-earned pay. Now, his vengeance is finally wrought! But now that former S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Preston’s consciousness is stuck inside his head, will she be ok with this wreaking? And is all this SHIELD stuff a shameless cash in because of the TV show? Ask guest-star AGENT COULSON!

5 of 5 Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• FANTASTIC FOUR #2

1936251676?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253681?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ROBINSON

Art/Cover: LEONARD KIRK

Artist Variant: ARTHUR ADAMS

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

“THE FALL OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR” PART 2

• Manhattan is under attack by a monstrous killer swarm from a corrupted pocket universe, and in order to defeat it the FANTASTIC FOUR will need all their courage, powers and skill...as well as those of every other hero in New York!

• But to attain final victory one of the First Family will must make a TERRIBLE SACRIFICE!

• And so the first strings are pulled and the first pieces are put in place...

• On the Fantastic Four’s DOWNFALL!

I've said elsewhere that, while I'm not reading this series yet, I do like the look of the eye-catching red costumes on the covers. I realize that isn't a popular opinion among the Legionnaires. But then, I haven't been an ardent FF fan since the Byrne days, so I'm ready for a little change.

1936255919?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257679?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257840?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 3: DOOMED (TPB)

1936258196?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: MATT FRACTION, CHRISTOPHER SEBELA & KARL KESEL

Art/Cover: MARK BAGLEY

184 PGS./Rated T/$24.99

The Fantastic Four cross time and space to deal with the Council of Dooms, but Mr. Fantastic’s sickness has spread to the others -- and someone may be behind this plague! The team must mastermind a planetary heist for technology that could save their lives, but they soon find themselves trapped in a desolate universe with a cosmic, power-mad Dr. Doom! Marvel’s First Family struggles to stop the molecular plague, but standing between them and the cure is the Frightful Force -- an army of their greatest foes led by one of the F4’s own! Meanwhile, Dr. Doom, Kang and Annihilus come to an ominous agreement -- and to survive, Reed and Sue make a fateful decision that will change the lives of the whole family! Could this be the end of the Fantastic Four? Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (2012) #9-16.

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180FF VOL. 2: FAMILY FREAKOUT (TPB)

1936260374?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: MATT FRACTION, MICHAEL ALLRED, LEE ALLRED

Art: MICHAEL ALLRED

Cover: MICHAEL ALLRED

184 PGS./Rated T/$24.99

As the kids in the FF start growing apart, their adult supervision seems to be having some issues of their own. And when Dr. Doom ascends and the Council of Dooms girds for battle, it’s the eve of a war between the Future Foundation and Latveria. But is it also the beginning of the end for the fractious FF? Think about it -- four stand-in replacement heroes and a dozen kids vs. Dr. Doom, now transformed into the ultimate power in the universe: Doom the Annihilating Conqueror! Do the math — that’s game over, man! Plus: Spooky kids! Hulk vs. Thing! Pool party! Impossibletown! The horrible secret of Underspace! Two students transfer in at the best worst moment imaginable! And what’s with Old John Storm, anyway? It’s fun fun fun until Dr. Doom arrives to destroy them all! Collecting FF (2012) #9-16.

I'm still on the fence about getting the trades of the "interregnum" FF titles between the cancellation of their long-running series and the new beginning last month (like the one above). Somebody talk me into it!1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 11.NOW (2ND PTG)

1936262499?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art: SARA PICHELLI

It's the crossover that has the world (and the galaxy) talking, and today Marvel is pleased to announce that both All-New X-Men 22.NOW and Guardians of the Galaxy 11.NOW have sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately be going back to press.

Jean Grey has been abducted by the alien Shi'ar empire, imprisoned for the crimes of her future self! Now, her fellow teammates and their new allies the Guardians of the Galaxy must race across the stars to her aid. But will they be too late? No one will return from this mission the same. And some won't even return at all!

Critical praise for Guardians of the Galaxy:

“This issue is a great jumping on point for readers.” -- We the Nerdy

“Every single scene makes you stop and stare.” -- ComicVine

“If you haven’t been reading Guardians of the Galaxy, now is definitely the time to start.” -- ComicVine

“… enjoyable artwork wrapped around a sincerely fun story.” -- Geeked Out Nation

“… a memorable crossover.” -- Unleash the Fanboy

“This is a joy to read!” --- ThePopCultist.com

“Top notch!” -- IGN

ALL-NEW X-MEN 22.NOW and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 11.NOW includes a code for a digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android as well as a digital copy of the first collection of each series, absolutely free!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAWKEYE #17

1936264587?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT FRACTION

Art/Cover: DAVID AJA

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

“Rio Bravo” - PART 4

• The sense-shattering fallout of the Clint vs. the Clown -- Clint Barton has been deafened!

• With the Barton Brothers this battered and bloodied, surely they’ll make easy pickins for the Bros, right? Bro? Seriously?

• If we do our jobs right THIS time, this issue will be the Dog Issue of Sign Language issues.

With this issue, Hawkeye returns to normal sequential numbering. Whew!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #6

1936264704?profile=RESIZE_180x180Adapted by Joe Caramagna

32 PGS./All Ages/$2.99

• The Avengers face the Super-Adaptoid, a powerful A.I. that can mimic their powers

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE VOL. 1 DIGEST

1936266698?profile=RESIZE_180x180Adapted by JOE CARAMAGNA

96 PGS./All Ages/$9.99

Featuring screen-capture images from MARVEL’S AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

• Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the Avengers, explode onto the scene with an all-new all-ages series based on the hit animated series now airing on Disney XD!

• To save his own life, the Red Skull must transfer his mind into the body of his greatest foe: Captain America!

• When the Red Skull captures Iron Man’s armor, the Avengers’ deadliest enemy now wields the strongest weapon on Earth! How can the Avengers beat the Iron Skull?

• It’s up to Falcon to save the day when a mysterious foe turns the Avengers into evil ghosts!

• When Dr. Doom uses Asgardian magic to summon a Midgard Serpent, what will Thor sacrifice to stop him?

• The Avengers assemble to take down a rampaging beast in the heart of New York City!

Collecting MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #1-4 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013 (AVENGERS/HULK).

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER -- THE SCREENPLAY (TPB)

1936269058?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRISTOPHER MARKUS, STEPHEN McFEELY

384 PGS./No Rating/$16.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER was Marvel Studios’ breakout smash hit film of 2011. Now, relive all the shield-slinging excitement with the film’s official screenplay! As World War II rages across Europe, frail Steve Rogers’ indomitable drive to fight injustice leads him to volunteer for an incredible experiment. Witness Steve’s titanic transformation into Captain America, the world’s first super-soldier! Thrill to Cap’s wartime adventures behind enemy lines alongside his best friend Bucky Barnes! Swoon as Rogers falls for tough-as-nails secret agent Peggy Carter! And gasp at Cap’s final confrontation with Hydra and the villainous Red Skull! Delve deep into the First Avenger’s screenplay, and experience Cap’s origins in a whole new way!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER PRELUDE (TPB)

Writers: PETER DAVID, STAN LEE, ED BRUBAKER, MARK MILLAR

Art: WELLINTON ALVES, ROCK-HE KIM, DON HECK, GENE COLAN, STEVE EPTING, BRYAN HITCH

152 PGS./Rated T+/$14.99

Prepare for Marvel Studios’ newest big-screen blockbuster by boning up with this essential collection of classics! First, relive Steve Rogers’ transformation from 98-pound weakling into the living legend of World War II in the action-packed adaptation of Captain America’s film debut! Next, thrill to an all-new adventure set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Cap and two surprise allies defend Chicago against the Zodiac! And experience the dynamic debut of Cap’s partner; the Falcon; the Black Widow’s first encounter with Hawkeye; the startling revelations that lurk behind the mask of the Winter Soldier; and the ultimate introduction of Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D.! Collecting MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER ADAPTATION #1-2, MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER INFINITE COMIC #1, CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #117, CAPTAIN AMERICA (2005) #6, ULTIMATES #2 and material from TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #57.

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180MIGHTY AVENGERS #8

1936271124?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: AL EWING

Art: VALERIO SCHITI

Cover: GREG LAND

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• Spectrum and She-Hulk join Blue Marvel on one of his global adventures -- against a threat that could break Adam’s heart!

• It’s White Tiger versus Tiger God -- with Ava Ayala’s soul in the balance!

• We need to talk about Kevin.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #2 (2ND PTG)

1936273222?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art: RAMON ROSANAS

Zombies everywhere! Marvel Comics is proud to announce that NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #2 has sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately head back to press! From blockbuster Deadpool writer Cullen Bunn (Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, Deadpool Kills Deadpool) and red-hot artist Ramon Rosanas (Spider-Man: 1602) comes and undead Deadpool epic unlike any other!

Critics and fans have spoken. Night of the Living Deadpool is a sure-fire hit for zombie fans and Marvel fans alike!

“10 out of 10” -- ComicVine.com

“... balances out the humor with moments of darkness and despair” -- IGN.com

“It's really something to look at” -- ComicAddicts.com

The world has gone haywire! Zombies roam the streets by the thousands. Even scarier? Deadpool is the only hero left! Don't miss out on the Deadpool adventure everyone is talking about when the Merc With a Mouth returns to stick it to some more zombies when NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #2 returns to comic shops!

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVOLUTIONARY WAR: MOTORMOUTH #1

1936275222?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GLENN DAKIN

Art: RONAN CLIQUET

Cover: MARK BROOKS

Variant Cover: DECLAN SHALVEY

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• Colonel Liger, formerly of the evil organization Mys-Tech, has started working as an agent of MI:13, Mys-Tech’s rival agency.

• Not everything is as it appears, though -- because Liger has just discovered that his old team, The Warheads, are still alive -- and nothing’s going to stop him from finding them.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180SECRET AVENGERS #1

1936275469?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277652?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ALES KOT

Art: MICHAEL WALSH

Cover: TRADD MOORE

Variant Cover: MIKE DEODATO

Animal Variant: KATIE COOK

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

"Save the Empire" Part One

The all-new Secret Avengers are ready to get started. Are they going to be the world’s most effective secret squad? Or will their personal issues tear them apart? U-DECIDE! Three missions kick off at the same time: one in the space, one on the ground...and one in the air. And no one’s ready. Except for the attackers. Russian spa. Helicarrier. Space station. Falling satellites. A hired hitman with nothing to lose. The Fury. WAIT. Yes. THE FURY. Why is Hawkeye still around? And why are these people chasing him? Why are Black Widow and Spider Woman in a Russian spa? Do questions in teasers excite you? RUN THE MISSION, DON’T GET SEEN, SAVE THE WORLD. NOW!

This March, run the mission, don’t get seen, save the world. The covert branch of Earth’s Mightiest is back with a new mission, new enemies, and even deadlier threats. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at SECRET AVENGERS #1 from the critically acclaimed creative team of Ales Kot and Michael Walsh!

The Earth is in danger. And only the world’s most effective secret squad can save it. Too bad that’s NOT the Secret Avengers! Three missions kick off at the same time: one in the air, one on the ground, and one in … space?! And no one is ready for what comes next -- except the attackers! Now, Fury, Coulson, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Maria Hill, and even the villainous M.O.D.O.K. must work together if they hope to achieve the impossible. But first, they’ll have to survive!

“A possible strength -- and also a possible weak spot -- lies in the group’s capacity to work together,” says writer Ales Kot in an interview with Marvel.com. “Unless they learn how to do that, they will be picked off one by one. Because something is coming for them. And not just from one direction.”

Personalities clash as the bullets (and arrows) fly this March when the high-stakes, action-packed espionage comes to All-New Marvel NOW! with a bang in SECRET AVENGERS #!

Wait, this is starting over again? I just finished the trade of the first five issues of the last incarnation of this title. Did it only run, like, 12 issues or something?

1936279891?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936280107?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936282281?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #9

Writer: NICK SPENCER

Art: STEVE LIEBER

Cover: ALEJANDRO GARZA

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

The Crime of the Century, Part 3

• Boomerang’s been targeted for death. What does The Beetle know about it?

• Then, is Overdrive a rat for the feds? And where there’s a rat … there’s a cat.

• Nick Spencer, Steve Lieber and Rachelle Rosenberg continue the sleeper hit of the year.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25-26

1936284462?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936286512?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

Writers: DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE

Art: HUMBERTO RAMOS

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art: HUMBERTO RAMOS, JAVIER RODRIGUEZ & MARCOS MARTIN

You just can't keep the Superior Spider-Man down! Today Marvel is pleased to announce that SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 have both sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will both head back for second printings!

In SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25, Otto faces down Venom in the blockbuster conclusion to "Darkest Hours"! Nothing gets the blood pumping like a Spider-Man vs. Venom throwdown -- but this time, the Avengers are joining the party too! And you'll never guess who's side they're on! Don't miss the issue that has everyone talking!

And it's the seeds of an all-out-war in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 as the opening shot of "Goblin Nation" is fired! The Goblin King and his armies are on the move. And nothing is going to stop them - not even the Hobgoblin and his gang of super villains! And seeds sown here will have cataclysmic ramifications for April's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1!

"10 out of 10" -- Comic Vine

"There's hardly been a better time to be readying a Spider-Man book." -- Multiversity Comics

"Dynamic action; This arc has never had a dull moment." -- IGN

Don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on the issues everyone is talking about when Superior Spider-Man #25 & Superior Spider-Man #26 return to comic shops this March!

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #29

1936288499?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art/Cover: GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Artist Variant: JORGE MOLINA

32 PGS./Rated T/$3.99

“Goblin Nation” Part 3 of 5

• The Spider-Slayer Squadron were supposed to be under Mayor J. Jonah Jameson’s control ...

• ... but now they’ve been drafted into The Goblin Nation!

• Guest Starring: Spider-Man 2099!

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180THOR: GOD OF THUNDER VOL 3 -- THE ACCURSED (PREMIERE HC)

1936290327?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JASON AARON

Art: NIC KLEIN & RON GARNEY

Cover: RON GARNEY

160 PGS./Rated T+/$24.99

It’s the bloody return of Malekith the Accursed! The former lord of the Dark Elves escapes his otherworldly prison, and the chase is on across the Nine Realms to capture him! Thor finds new allies to join his Wild Hunt: A Dark Elf sorceress! A gun-toting Light Elf! A gargantuan Mountain Giant! A dwarf who loves dynamite! And a particularly surly troll! But when one teammate falls, will it mean war for all Nine Realms? And as a traitor within the group strikes and Thor prepares to take drastic measures, Malekith stages his final bloody raid -- on Earth! Plus: Wwhat does it mean to walk the Earth as a god? What does Thor do when he’s not out saving the world with the Avengers? It’s the return of Thor’s longtime love interest, Dr. Jane Foster! Collecting THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #12-18.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLVERINE #3

1936290440?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: PAUL CORNELL

Art/Cover: RYAN STEGMAN

Artist Variant: ARTHUR ADAMS

32 PGS./Parental Advisory/$3.99

PAYBACK part 3!

• Logan’s training continues … and he’s got his sights set on Sabretooth.

• What could make Logan turn his back on the school and his friends?

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLVERINE VOL. 2: KILLABLE (TPB)

1936292479?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: PAUL CORNELL

Art: MIRCO PIERFEDERICI, ALAN DAVIS

Cover: ALAN DAVIS

160 PGS./Parental Advisory/$19.99

The biggest Wolverine event in years! After losing his healing factor, Logan must adjust to a very different reality -- and villains and mercenaries begin popping out of the woodwork to try to take him down. A cure may have been found -- but it’s in Wakanda, where he’s not welcome. As the noose tightens, Wolverine and Kitty Pryde travel to the former Howlett estate, but more than bittersweet memories await in the place Logan once called home! With the world on the brink of viral apocalypse, Logan and Kitty battle Lord Deathstrike, Silver Samurai and the Thirteen Ninjas of Sabretooth’s Hand! And when the mastermind behind it all is revealed, it leads to a moment that will change the face of Wolverine -- forever! Guest-starring Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D., Storm, Beast, Black Panther and more! Collecting WOLVERINE (2013) #7-13.

X-FORCE #2

1936294243?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SIMON SPURRIER

Art/Cover: ROCK-HE KIM

Artist Variant: ADI GRANOV

32 PGS./Parental Advisory/$3.99

• Cable. Psylocke. Fantomex. Marrow. They are mutantkind’s protectors, spies, assassins and torturers!

• But just what has driven each of them to join the most deadly incarnation of X-FORCE yet? Yes, Marrow is back!

• But how has she regained her mutant powers and what does it have to do with X-Force’s first target?

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN LEGACY #300

1936294696?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: MIKE CAREY, CHRISTOS GAGE, SIMON SPURRIER

Art: CLAY MANN & TAN ENG HUAT

Cover: CLAY MANN

40 PGS./Rated T+/$4.99

• In observance of the title’s 300th issue, iconic X-MEN: LEGACY writers Mike Carey, Christos Gage and Simon Spurrier return to tell an all-new tale of the X-Men!

• Mike Carey brings us a story featuring Professor Xavi -- oh wait, he’s dead.

• Well, Christos Gage has penned a tale involving Rog -- nope. She’s dead too.

• And Simon! There’s Simon Spurrier with a story led by Legion, who -- oops. Can’t spoil the ending of X-MEN: LEGACY #24.

• Well ... erm … just read it!

• VALIANT COMICS

BLOODSHOT AND H.A.R.D. CORPS #20

1936253061?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

1936253182?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253261?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253536?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936255635?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRISTOS GAGE & JOSHUA DYSART

Art: TOM RANEY

Cover: LEWIS LAROSA

Interlocking Pullbox Variant: JORGE MOLINA

Variant: CLAYTON HENRY

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

MISSION: IMPROBABLE – PART TWO!

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps #20 -- the second pulse-pounding chapter of MISSION: IMPROBABLE, the unprecedented four-part smash-up colliding Valiant's fiercest kill crew against Archer & Armstrong for the very first time!

Spinning out of the pages of Archer & Armstrong #18, the adventure of the year continues here as veteran artist Tom Raney (Ultimate X-Men, Stormwatch) joins acclaimed writers Christos Gage (Superior Spider-Man) and Joshua Dysart (Harbinger) to bring the full force of Project's Rising Sprit's all-or-nothing paramilitary strike force down on the teenage leader of a fundamentalist terror sect and his "immortal" bodyguard -- two homegrown terrorists that just happen to be named … Archer & Armstrong?!

It's an improbable mission with impossible odds! MISSION: IMPROBABLE continues right here on March 12th in Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps #20 -- and pre-order with local retailer today to reserve your interlocking Pullbox Exclusive Variants by red-hot artist Jorge Molina (X-Men) for each issue of this milestone four-part crossover!

For more information, visit Valiant on Facebook, on Twitter, and at ValiantUniverse.com. For Valiant merchandise and more, visit ValiantStore.com.

I'm really enjoying this crossover, despite the "event fatigue" afflicting most of us readers. For one thing, the story is a natural -- almost inevitable -- outgrowth of the storylines in each of the two books involved. Secondly, they're not dragging it out: It's playing out in two issues of each title, and then it's over. Thirdly, the artwork is top flight. And finally, it's been a lot of fun -- contrasting the humorless Bloodshot with the devil-may-care Armstrong is worth the price of admission!

1936255776?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257563?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257715?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257961?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260212?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936262094?profile=RESIZE_180x180UNITY #5

1936262305?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936262362?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936262461?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264555?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264580?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266688?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936269055?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT KINDT

Art: CAFU

Cover: CLAYTON CRAIN

Pullbox Exclusive Variant: MICO SUAYAN

Pullbox Exclusive Variant: PHILIP TAN

Pullbox Exclusive Variant: RAUL ALLEN

Pullbox Exclusive Variant: DIEGO BERNARD

Variant Cover by MATT KINDT

B&W Sketch Variant: MICO SUAYAN

$3.99 / T+ / 32 pgs.

TRAPPED BY WEBNET -- PART 1

Fresh off the sold-out success of Unity #1's best-selling debut, Valiant's elite super-team is raising the stakes ever further with an all-new mission!

Coming off of the earth-shattering repercussions of their first mission, Ninjak is leading the newly formed Unity team right back into the trenches to face the Valiant Universe's next colossal threat – the enigmatic Dr. Silk and the radical terror cell known as WEBNET! With the fate of untold millions on the line, can this team of cutthroat heroes uncover Silk's endgame -- and his connection to Ninjak's shadowy past -- before a global pandemic wipes humanity off the map? From the English countryside to the jungles of Taiwan, MI-6's most lethal intelligence operative and his ruthless team of egotists, immortals and malcontents are taking their fight global to stop WEBNET in its path.

Written by New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (Justice League of America, Mind MGMT) with pencils by Valiant's newest exclusive artist, CAFU (Earth 2, Action Comics), start reading here when Ninjak steps front and center for an all-new entry point into Valiant's landmark, chart-topping ongoing series.

"I've put a lot of thought into [Dr. Silk] and one of the things that makes him interesting is that he's crazy SMART ... not just crazy. So I'm really focusing on that, and hand in hand with that is his age," Kindt told USA Today. "He's kind of a withered old guy which implies a lot of history. So part of his intrigue is going to be what he's done in the past and how it's going to effect our present."

Unity #5 will be 100% returnable for qualifying retailers and include four limited Pullbox Exclusive Variants (available to fans who pre-order with their local retailer) from an all-star roster of comics talents -- Mico Suayan (Ultimate Cataclysm), Philip Tan (Green Lantern), Raul Allen (Secret Avengers), and Diego Bernard (Eternal Warrior)!

Series writer and acclaimed artist Matt Kindt will also contribute an incentive cover for issue #5.

For more information on Unity and the rest of the Valiant Universe, visit Valiant on Facebook, on Twitter, and at ValiantUniverse.com. For Valiant merchandise and more, visit Valiant.CinderBlock.com.

Here's another excellent book from Valiant. The first four issues were head-spinning, as the end was 180 degrees from where it started. But this issue actually sets up a team -- the T-word is actually bandied about -- and gives each member a plausible reason for being there, despite the events in Eternal Warrior, Harbinger and X-O Manowar (where some of these characters have other priorities).

The artwork here isn't as strong as it is in Bloodshot and Archer & Amstrong, but it's strong enough. Because it's the characters that carry the story, and they surely do. Unity is off to a strong start, and this issue is almost as as good a starting point as issue #1. But, hey, why not get the first trade, that incorporates the first four issues? It's out this week, too! (See below.)

1936271071?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936273064?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275272?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277317?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279561?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281627?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936283952?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: MATT KINDT (Unity, Mind MGMT)

Art: CLAYTON CRAIN (X-Force)

In support of the Valiant First publishing initiative, Valiant is proud to announce the Valiant First Pullbox Preview -- a brand new wave of promotional preview books shipping from March to August to Valiant's top 500 retail partners worldwide! Valiant's Pullbox Preview editions will come bundled in shrink-wrapped packages of 20, and can be distributed to comic shop patrons and pullbox subscribers. Valiant will also be making additional bundles available to retailers for reorder via Diamond.

Hitting stores on March 12 alongside Unity #5, the first Pullbox Preview edition will feature a fully lettered preview of Rai #1 by superstar creators Matt Kindt and Clayton Crain, plus the first look at master storyteller Doug Braithwaite's stunning interior pencil art for Armor Hunters #1 (of 4), a complete checklist reading order for the entire 18-part Armor Hunters crossover event, and much more!

"Over the course of the past two years, Valiant has made it our mission to arm our retail partners with some of the very best promotional tools and incentives in the business. Now, with the highly anticipated Valiant First rollout set to begin this May with Rai #1, Valiant is redoubling its efforts yet again with the new Pullbox Preview program. Beginning this March, fans can head to their local retailer each month and pick up the first of many all-new, free looks inside the biggest Valiant releases of the year with our new Pullbox Preview promotional comics," said Valiant Publisher Fred Pierce.

What do you read first? Throughout 2014, Valiant will be rocketing to the top of your read pile with a major #1 issue debut monthly by some of the most talented creators in comics. Each month, Valiant is committed to delivering compelling and accessible new entry points to its award-winning publishing line – all while releasing no more than nine core titles per month by the end of the year. A combination of new ongoing titles, unprecedented crossover collisions, and high-profile mini-series, these are the titles that will have you reading Valiant FIRST when you head home from the comic shop!

This is a pretty good marketing idea -- who doesn't like free stuff? -- but it's getting the material to people who are already reading Valiant. I'd think they'd want to get this stuff before the eyes of people who aren't already converts. But that's me.

Also, Rai was, to me, one of the weaker books in the original Valiant universe -- I just didn't see the need for the character in a world where Magnus already existed. But Magnus doesn't exist in this Valiant Universe, so that already changes the math.

1936284021?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936284213?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936286000?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287910?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936288110?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936288136?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936288402?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287910?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936288348?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936290215?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287910?profile=RESIZE_180x180UNITY VOL. 1: TO KILL A KING (TPB)

1936290286?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT KINDT

Art/Cover: DOUG BRAITHWAITE

$14.99/T+/112 pgs.

To kill a king … they created an army.

The world’s most dangerous man, Toyo Harada, has been struck by the one thing he never thought possible -- fear. Halfway across the globe, a new power threatens to topple modern civilization and, to preempt the cataclysm that is to come, Harada will unite the most unforgiving team the world has ever known -- UNITY. Their mission: defeat the threat responsible for the destruction of MI-6, the decimation of an alien world, and the occupation of Eastern Europe … unseat the warrior king armed with the universe’s most powerful weapon ... kill X-O Manowar!

Collecting UNITY #1-4 by New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and superstar artist Doug Braithwaite (Justice), discover the greatest heroes of the Valiant Universe right here with the landmark first arc of the chart-topping series that Ain't It Cool News calls "completely satisfying."

As I said above, I'm not crazy about the artwork, but Kindt turns in an entertaining story with lots of unexpected -- but perfectly organic -- plot twists.

1936287910?profile=RESIZE_180x180

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ACG COLL WORKS ADV INTO UNKNOWN VOL 6 (HC)

1936292402?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writer: EDVARD MORITZ & Various

$47.99

Weird, mysterious, and spine-tingling tales from issues #26-30 (December 1951 to April 1952) of the ACG classic Adventures Into The Unknown are collected in this volume that has been meticulously compiled from the original source material and painstakingly digitally restored.

I'm reading these, and find them fascinating, mostly for sociological/historical reasons. But of all the pre-Code work that's being reprinted now, it is this title and the one below that will likely change the least post-Code -- which should make them head and shoulders better in the late 1950s than the competition, who have to figure out how to tell stories with the new handcuffs on. It will be interesting to see that play out in these various reprints series.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180ACG COLL WORKS FORBIDDEN WORLDS VOL 5 (HC)

1936292389?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writer: PAUL REINMAN & Various

Cover: KEN BALD

$47.99

Tales exploring the supernatural collected together from the ACG classic Forbidden Worlds issues #26-32. Volumes will be meticulously compiled from the original source material and painstakingly digitally restored.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL STAR (TPB)

1936292523?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer/Art: JESSE LONERGAN

6×9, 176pp., B&W TPB, $13.99

From the creator of Joe and Azat and Flower and Fade

It's the end of the school year in 1998. Mark McGwire is racing Sammy Sosa to break the home run record, Bill Clinton is being questioned about a White House intern named Monica Lewinsky, Semisonic's "Closing Time" is on top of the charts, and Carl Carter is leading the Elizabeth Monarchs of rural Vermont to the state championship in his senior year. A full scholarship to the University of Maine is waiting for him, and everyone says he has a shot at the pros. He's so good he can do whatever he wants. Until he makes one very arrogant mistake.

The ALL STAR book from NBM will be in comic shops on March 12 with a general trade release on April 1, 2014.

Praise for Joe and Azat:

"If you like graphic novels with strong characterization and crisp art, determined to open your eyes and your heart, definitely grab a copy of Joe and Azat. 8 out 10." --  Sequential Tart

"A warm, humorous comic, solidly crafted, and well worth picking up." -- Newsarama

Praise For Flower and Fade:

"Lonergan follows his graphic novel, Flower & Fade, with this charming and engrossing study of a friendship that transcends cultural borders. A simply illustrated charmer that grips readers from its opening pages and remains on the mind well after it has been read and absorbed. -- Publishers Weekly

"***1/2. An incredible first effort, and a graphic novel well worth reading more than once." -- Comics Buyer's Guide

NBM usually sends me review copies, but they didn't on this one, so I haven't much to say. Perhaps it's on the way and I can say more later.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING AGENT LUNA OMNIBUS VOL 4 (TPB)

1936294287?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer: NUNZIO DEFILLIPIS, CHRISTINA WEIR

Art/Cover: SHIEI

$16.99

Luna's control agent, Jennifer Kajiwara, is given an ultimatum by her superiors at the Agency. If Luna fails in her newest mission, Project Luna will be terminated -- permanently. As Luna delves deeper into the shadowy organization known as Knightfall, what she learns may not only derail her mission, but it could tear apart her makeshift family, and send her down a dark path from which she may never return. This omnibus edition collects Volumes 8 and 9 of Amazing Agent Luna, Seven Seas' premier shoujo manga series that blends high school romance with super spy action. It directly ties in with events that occurred in the two-volume Amazing Agent Jennifer prequel, but can be read independently.

ARATA THE LEGEND VOL 17 (TPB) $9.99

1936294369?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: YUU WATASE

The Shinsho Kitsutsune, Arata Hinohara's most daunting foe so far, has stolen the hearing of everyone but Arata himself. Bad as this is, it's made worse when Arata learns that music may be the weapon that can defeat his enemy. Arata and his allies work through this problem and manage to launch an effective assault on Kitsutsune, only to have nature violently intervene and force Arata to act to save lives and face the very real prospect of losing the battle!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• ATTACK ON TITAN: BEFORE THE FALL VOL 1 (GN)

1936237318?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writers: ISAYAMA HAJIME, RYO SUZUKAZE

Art/Cover: SATOSHI SHIKI

$10.99

For fans of The Walking Dead, World War Z, and other post-apocalyptic stories, Attack on Titan is a character-driven story of survival, where most of humanity has been killed by monsters
    known as Titans. In this prequel to the number one bestseller in Japan, humanity has learned to live in complacency behind its high walls, protected from the giant Titans. But when a Titan-worshipping cult opens one of the gates, a Titan wreaks havoc, consuming the cultists. After the rampage is over, two young Survey Corps members are shocked to discover a pregnant woman's partially digested corpse - with her baby still alive inside it! What will the fate of this "child of the Titans" be? And how will humanity learn to cope with the Titan threat?

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180ATTACK ON TITAN: JUNIOR HIGH VOL 1 (GN)

1936237459?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer: ISAYAMA HAJIME

Art/Cover: SAKI NAKAGAWA

$16.99

A spin-off series to the number one bestseller in Japan. Eren and Mikasa enter a new school -- Titan Junior High! However, Eren's hated Titans for years; can he get along with his new (harmless?) classmates? Featuring all of the characters from the main series as you've never seen them before, this series is sure to delight fans of Attack on Titan with a human vs. Titan volleyball match, a Titan rock band, and much more!

This appears to be an example of a genre I've noticed recently, where characters from a "serious" manga are transported into a humorous setting. (Neon Genesis Evangelion seems to come in for alot of this, for some reason.) Actually, I think this would be interesting to see with some US characters. For example, the Avengers might work well in an "Archie"setting - Tony Stark would be a natural "Reggie Mantle", and Janet Van Dyne could be a sort of slightly less obnoxious "Veronica Lodge", and so on.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180BAD MACHINERY VOL 2: CASE OF THE GOOD BOY (GN) $19.99

1936239560?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

Writer/Art/Cover: J0HN ALLISON

$19.99

Everyone's favorite preteen British detectives are back for another case! With toddlers disappearing and rumors of a large, beast-like creature roaming the woods, Tackleford is in serious danger. And then there's Mildred's new dog Archibald ... if you can even call it a dog. After all, what kind of dog drinks tea out of a cup? Everything comes to a head once the boys get a picture of the beast and Archibald goes missing. Is there a connection? And what does it all have to do with the magic pencil Mildred won from a carnie con game? Don't miss the second installment of John Allison's award-winning webcomic series in print!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180BODIE TROLL (TPB)

1936241695?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RED 5 COMICS

Writer/Art/Cover: JAY P. FOSGITT

$9.95

In the fairytale village of Hagadorn lurks Bodie Troll, a fuzzy little grump who wants to be big and scary, but is doomed to be cute and cuddly, and no help from his Fairy Godmother-employer or barmaid-best-friend can change that. But what Bodie lacks in terror, he makes up for in mischief. Silly and suspenseful adventures await just beyond his bridge!  

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE BUNKER #1 (2ND PTG)

1936241742?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ONI PRESS

Writer: JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV

Art: JOE INFURNARI

$3.99

Oni Press is thrilled to announce that the entire first printing of Joshua Hale Fialkov and Joe Infurnari’s critically-acclaimed THE BUNKER #1 has sold out at the distributor level!

“WOW! It’s wonderful that our little-story-that-could continues to find new readers and fans. We’re going to need a bigger BUNKER!,” said Infurnari.

“The overwhelming response to the first issue warms my heart,” continued Fialkov. “Joe and I have built something that we love, and Oni has helped us get it into a lot of new hands. We’re so grateful for all of our readers’ and retailers’ love and support.

It's books like this where I truly believe the publisher was taken by surprise by the success of the first issue and had to issue a second printing. And good for Oni, who could use a hit now that Scott Pilgrim is over.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180CASEBOOK OF BRYANT & MAY: SOHO DEVIL (HC SLIPCASE EDITION)

1936244096?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writer: CHRISTOPHER FOWLER

Art: KEITH PAGE, MARTIN BUTTERWORTH

$39.99

The critically acclaimed cult detectives Bryant & May are the stars of ten deranged novels that explore London's most arcane mysteries, from its hidden rivers to its secret societies. And now they're coming to comics! Christopher Fowler, a lifelong fan of graphic novels, has teamed with legendary Thunderbirds and Commando artist Keith Page to create a sumptuous, stunningly coloured annual of fun containing a brand-new full-length adventure, a 1960s-set Untold Story, galleries, alternative full-page covers and trivia. Expect the first volume to become a collectors' item!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180CHRONOS COMMANDOS (HC) $19.99

1936247417?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: STUART JENNETT

$19.99

Nazis, dinosaurs and a war of all time! When the Allies and Nazis develop time travel technology that could change the course of World War II, only the rugged, cigar-chomping Sarge and his band of misfit soldiers can save the future and stop velociraptors goose-stepping down Main Street! Dinosaurs. Giant crocodiles. Enormous spiders. Ancient aliens. Einstein with a machinegun. Interdimensional monsters. A towering Nazi nemesis. Time-twisting shenanigans that shake the foundations of causality -- all that barely scratches the surface of this glorious, non-stop-action spectacular!

Nazis and dinosaurs? What lad can resist that combo?

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180CITY IN THE DESERT VOL 2: SERPENT CROWN (HC)

1936249826?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer/Art/Cover: MORO ROGERS

Mature/$24.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: In this sequel to the critically acclaimed first volume City in the Desert: The Monster Problem, we get more of writer/illustrator Moro Rogers' wit, heart, and daring. Also, Hari and Irro are our very favorite sardonic heroes, and we get to watch them kick more monster butt.

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT: Rogers' sense of visual storytelling and her blend of mysticism and humor bring to life an adventure perfect for fans of Bone, Avatar: The Last Airbender, reMIND, and Plume.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: Irro and Hari leave the walls of Kevala to seek new lives elsewhere. However, when they discover that the evils of the Sacred Peace have spread far beyond Kevala's borders, our heroes decide to return and save the city they love. Before they can do that, though, they must journey across the wastelands to the prison of the Monster King, and release him in exchange for his help.

I read the first City in the Desert HC, and never got around to reviewing it, because I didn't really have much to say. It had a pleasant art style, and an imaginative setting, albeit a fairly predictable story. It was ... OK.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180CROSSED VOL 8 (HC) $27.99

1936251487?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: SIMON SPURRIER, DAVID HINE

Art: RAFA ORTIZ & Various

Cover: JACEN BURROWS

Mature/$27.99

Two of the hottest names in horror deliver three tales of terror in this volume of vile repulsions! SIMON SPURRIER spins the mad tale of the insane survivalist from Crossed: Wish You Were Here -- Jackson! And from the Badlands vault comes Spurrier's Crossed tale of hippies meet grindhouse terror like you've never experienced in "American Quitters." Finally, an epic from the first hours of the Crossed outbreak in Japan as DAVID HINE releases the "Gore Angels." What happens when an abused manga artist in a traditional Japanese home must not only face grinning Crossed devils but also the men that sexually attacked her? The result is a tale of misery and vengeance made reality! Crossed Vol 8 collects issues #37-43 of the Crossed: Badlands series and the Crossed 2013 Annual. 

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180CROSSED VOL 8 (TPB)

1936251653?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: SIMON SPURRIER, DAVID HINE

Art: RAFA ORTIZ & Various

Cover: RAFA ORTIZ

Mature/$19.99

See above.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADLOCK VOL 1 (GN)

1936251720?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DIGITAL MANGA DISTRIBUTION

Writer: SAKI AIDA

Artist/Cover: YUH TAKASHINA

Mature/$12.95

Yuuto Lenix, a former DEA investigator was arrested and received a life in prison sentence for a murder of his partner, which he claims he didn't commit. He claims he was framed for a murder of his partner but his attorney failed to convey his innocence in court. While serving his sentence, an FBI agent offers him a deal -- to look for a particular criminal hiding in the same prison. If he successfully delivers what FBI is looking for, then Lenix will go home free. He accepts this "under cover" assignment, hopes to go home free ...

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEATH SENTENCE #6

1936253753?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: TITAN

Writer: MONTY NERO

Art/Cover: MICHAEL DOWLING

$3.99

Unmissable, Oversized Finale: 30 PAGES OF STORY! Monty versus the U.S. Navy in the most incredible battle of all time! Betrayal and reversals as villains become heroes ... or so it seems! The final showdown -- is this the end of Verity, Weasel and Monty? Plus shocking revelations -- the beautiful truth revealed!

This actually sounds interesting, even though I usually find UK comics kinda adolescent.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180DUMBEST IDEA EVER (HC)

1936255742?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: SCHOLASTIC INC.

Writer/Art/Cover: JIMMY GOWNLEY

$24.99

Jimmy Gownley's graphic novel memoir about the "dumb" idea that changed his life forever!

What if the dumbest idea ever changed your life forever?

At thirteen, Jimmy was popular, at the top of his class, and the leading scorer on his basketball team. But all that changed when chicken pox forced him to miss the championship game. Then things went from bad to worse when he got pneumonia and missed even more school. Before Jimmy knew it, his grades were sinking and nothing seemed to be going right.

How would Jimmy turn things around, get back on top at school and maybe even get a date with the cutest girl in school?

Renowned comics creator Jimmy Gownley shares his adventures as he grows from an eager-to-please boy into a teenage comic book artist and how the DUMBEST idea ever actually became the BEST thing that ever happened to him.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180FATHOM KIANI VOL 3 #1

1936255833?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936256077?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

Writer: VINCE HERNANDEZ

Art/Cover A: GIUSEPPE CAFARO

Cover B: OLIVER NOME

$3.99

Kiani has risen!

One of the most powerful figures in the Fathom universe returns for this epic third chapter! Following the tragic events of The Elite Saga and the shattering of her family ties, Kiani has risen above the surface and seemingly disappeared amongst the large expanse of the human population. However, with a power inside her that is capable of changing-or destroying-the world's landscape, her presence can only remain hidden for so long!

Returning writer Vince Hernandez joins forces with Trish Out of Water artist Giuseppe Cafaro to bring you the latest adventures of Fathom's most fierce and beloved characters. Kiani is back and the world of the Blue will never be the same again!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180FREE MARS VOL 2: ASHES TO ASHES (GN)

1936257964?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: APE ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: DAVE PAUWELS

Art/Cover: NICOLAS GIACONDINO

Mature/$7.99

Free Mars: Ashes 2 Ashes finds the punk band, The Sisters Grimm, using their new status as covert agents to track down the missing rebel leader, Damien Kessler. The trail leads to one of the most dangerous spots in the system -- Earth. Now a toxic planetfill, the Third World is home to the Remnants, a mutant population ruled by a fanatical cult.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST 3-IN-1 ED VOL 7 (TPB)

1936258155?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: HIROMU ARAKAWA

$14.99

Contains volumes 19, 20 and 21!

The story enters its final stretch as the Elric brothers learn of the homunculi's ultimate plan to turn all of Amestris into an alchemical bloodbath on the "Day of Reckoning." While tempted to use the open portal that day to get their bodies back, for now the brothers build opposition to the homunculi-corrupted military with others who have learned of the grisly plan. While Al learns the secret of the homunculi's origins from his father, Ed joins forces with a familiar homunculus who seems to be having pangs of conscience.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180GAME OF THRONES VOL 3 (HC)

1936258123?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writers: GEORGE R.R. MARTIN, DANIEL ABRAHAM

Art/Cover: TOMMY PATTERSON

Mature/$25.00

Building on the success of the books and the HBO series comes the third and penultimate volume in a full-color graphic novel adaptation of the book that began the landmark series by the #1 New York Times-bestselling author. This is the third volume of the graphic adaptation, compiling issues #13-18 of the 24-issue comic run, produced by Dynamite Entertainment in close conjunction with Random House.

I always laugh when I read a blurb that says "in the style of Game of Thrones," because you can actually read Game of Thrones!

• GRIMM FAIRY TALES: ASCENSION #2

1936241114?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936241219?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936243482?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: PATRICK SHAND

Art: BUTCH K. MAPA

Cover A: ABHISEK MALSUNI

Cover B: ERIC J

Cover C: GIUSEPPE CAFARO

$3.99

WHO WILL DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE NEW GODS?

Now imbued with the power of a god, the Being leads his new keepers on a mission to purify the Earth. Wrongdoers face the wrath of a god living among us, while true believers reap the benefits of god who appears before them, rewarding them for their faith. However, it's only a matter of time before the power goes to the Being's head ... and with the knowledge that one of his very own has betrayed him, how long will it take before this all powerful god looks upon humanity with fury?

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: NEVERLAND AGE OF DARKNESS #1

1936243781?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936245876?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936248430?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936250502?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: JOE BRUSHA

Art: TBD

Cover A: ANTHONY SPAY

Cover B: EMILIO LAISO

Cover C: MIKE KROME

Cover D: CAPPROTTI

$2.99

The barriers between earth and the realms of power are weakening. The government is becoming more and more concerned with the recent activities of the Dark Horde. They move in secret among humans as they never have before and Neverland seems to be the focal point of their activities. Nathan Cross knows Neverland as well as any man on earth and as part of the governments Realm Knight initiative he is called on to lead a strike team into the realm find out exactly what the Horde is up to. It's a mission that will reunite him with long lost friends ... if he manages to survive.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: WONDERLAND VOL 4 (TPB)

1936252134?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: RAVEN GREGORY

Art: TBD

Cover: MICHAEL DOONEY

$15.99

Where do you go when there is nowhere left to run? Back to the beginning! Tired of fleeing from Wonderland, Calie and Violet begin to search for answers by delving into Charles Dodgson's past. But a mysterious force from Wonderland might have other, darker plans in mind for them.

I may make fun of the cheesecakiness of the Zenescope covers, but I'm not so old that I don't admire them.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOLD DIGGER #208

1936252234?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ANTARCTIC PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: FRED PERRY

$3.99

Britanny and Agent M face off against the new Crime Syndicate-X. This group of young villains are determined to become successful with the original CSX's Supernova-nator, a doomsday device crafted in the '70s by the legendary Doctor Ex Mortis. But that evil genius is the only one who could have possibly assembled the indestructible pieces for the device. Could Phineas J. Ex Mortis still be alive!?

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAGANAI I HAVE NO FRIENDS VOL 6 (GN)

1936252550?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer: YOMI HIRASAKA

Art/Cover: ITACHI

Mature/$12.99

Hasegawa Kodaka is pathetically inept at making friends. When he comes across the brash loner Mikazuki Yozora, who typically chats with her imaginary friend, the two outsiders become the unlikeliest of allies. Realizing that they have no hope of a normal social life, the two rejects decide to form a group called "The Neighbor's Club" to make friends and maybe even learn a thing or two about social skills. As luck would have it, five new members join the club who are more socially awkward than they are. Will these quirky misfits ever make normal friends, or are they all doomed to social failure?

Look, Hasegawa, I told you before: You don't need friends! Remember the words of Magneto: "I rule by fear alone!"

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARVEY HORRORS: CHAMBER OF CHILLS (SOFTIE BOXED SET)

1936254548?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writer: MICHAEL T. GILBERT & various

ART: GLENN CHADBOURNE & various

$109.99

We're making available the whole run of Chamber of Chills in sumptuous soft covers, and housing them in this limited edition slipcase. That's 26 comicbooks that are almost impossible to find in affordable condition, collected from the halcyon days before the Comics Code and reproduced in delightful full color on matte stock interspersed with glossy covers. Harvey Horror Softies, just like the real thing!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARVEY HORRORS: CHAMBER OF CHILLS VOL 5 (SOFTIE TPB)

1936256449?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DIAMOND COMIC DIST--ENGLAND

Writer/Art: HOWARD NOSTRAND & Various

$24.99

Volume five collects issues #21-26 (January 1954 to December 1954). Each volume contains five comic books but without the support material featured in the hardbacks.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180HOWARD LOVECRAFT & KINGDOM OF MADNESS

1936259584?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ARCANA STUDIO

Writer: BRUCE BROWN

Art/Cover: THOMAS BOATWRIGHT

$14.95

When Howard's father is stricken by an evil alien entity, Howard, Spot, and Constable Smith must race to a secret government base in Antarctica to seek out the one man who can save his life: Dr. Herbert West. But the doctor has unwittingly awakened a sinister presence in the frozen wasteland that threatens to enter our world. In the end, one of our heroes will be forced to sacrifice his life to prevent the monstrosity from entering our destroying our planet!

I assume that the hero's name is an amalgam of Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft, and these adventures are spin-offs of their horror work. Have I got it right, those of you who have seen it?

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180ILLUSTRATED BRITISH CLASSICS: LOST WORLDS & HOLMES (TPB)

1936259727?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DIAMOND COMIC DIST--ENGLAND

Writer: ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE

Art: ROBERT FORREST & various

$28.99

Four Conan Doyle comic strip adaptations from the 1960s. Dinosaurs, Sherlock Holmes, and knights in armour a feast of comic strip glory. The definitive adventure strip version of "The Sign of Four," the lurking menace of "The Hound of the Baskervilles," the rousing action packed pageantry of Sir Nigel, and visual impact of savage ape-men ferocious meat-eating dinosurs and swooping pterodactyls in The Lost World.

Lord, I must have first read The Lost World 40 or 45 years ago. Where does the time go?

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180IT CAME (HC)

1936261659?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: DAN BOULTWOOD

$19.99

LIGHTS! CAMERA! GIANT RAMPAGING ROBOT! Fans of B-movie hilarity all over the world have fallen for this love-letter to low-budget SF cinema! Now this charming comedy adventure is collected in a deluxe hardcover, with all-new special features from 'director' Dan Boultwood and the cast and crew of Pinetree Studios! Enormous alien robot GRURK lays waste to the bucolic 1950s English countryside. When the British Army proves ineffective, only pipe-chomping space scientist Dr. Boy Brett and his assistant Doris Night (a lady) stand a chance of stopping it from sapping what remains of the British Blitz Spirit! How can they possibly prevail against this alien intelligence?! And could DORIS hold the key to beating this invasion? Keep your upper lips stiff, your ties immaculately knotted and your notions of gender equality dialed back sixty years -- for the sake of the planet! PLUS: Character sketches, movie posters, in-universe interviews -- and an all-new 'trailer' story for upcoming dinosaurrific follow-up, Lost Land of the Lost, exclusive to this volume!

I have a soft spot for these kinds of covers.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180LIBERATOR EARTH CRISIS #1

1936263696?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BLACK MASK COMICS

Writer: MATT MINER, EARTH CRISIS

Art: JAVIER SANCHEZ ARANDA

Cover: MENTON3, ROD REIS

Mature/$3.99

Liberator joins forces with vegan metalcore legends Earth Crisis for this special 2-issue arc that focuses on Sarah Mann, a young woman working a lousy job in an animal testing lab who is radicalized into an animal-avenging vigilante after being inspired by Damon and Jeanette's exploits. Released in tandem with the new Earth Crisis album that tells another side of Sarah's story.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LITTLE MONSTER VOL 1 (GN)

1936263903?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: ROBICO

$10.99

Mizutani is a self-absorbed overachiever, concerned only with maintaining the highest grades in school. Haru is an impulsive short tempered brute, who scares everyone with his explosive bursts of violence. Haru gets suspended on the first day of school when he encounters some bullies harrassing a student and dispatches the bullies with great bloody violence. Mizutani is tasked with delivering school materials to Haru who interprets this as an act of friendship and latches on to Mizutani, much to her dismay. And so begins a strange and potentially combustible relationship! There's a Beauty and the Beast element to the story with the "beauty" and "beast" characters revealing layers of their personality as their relationship (of sorts) develops.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180PEANUTS VOL 3 (TPB)

1936265933?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: CHARLES M. SCHULZ, SHANE HOUGHTON

Art: VICKI SCOTT, MONA KOTH

Cover: CHARLES M. SHULZ

$13.99

Happiness is a new PEANUTS collection, Charlie Brown! The whole gang is back in this third volume, featuring brand new original stories from a variety of writers and artists, as well as classic strips from the legendary Charles M. Schulz. Join the Flying Ace, Linus, PigPen, Schroeder, Sally, Marcie, Franklin, Peppermint Patty, Rerun and more of your favorite characters in this curated medley of humorous stories that takes readers from the pitcher's mound to the tiptop of Snoopy's doghouse.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180PEARLS BEFORE SWINE: PEARLS FALLS FAST (TPB)

1936266214?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: POCKET BOOKS

Writer/Art/Cover: STEPHAN PASTIS

$18.99

In this treasury collection of Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Rat's Wars, the eclectic Pearls Before Swine cast play out their their respective roles. Rat is the arrogant know-it-all, taking constant advantage of the naive and simple Pig, with wise and pedantic Goat looking on in detached disapproval. The incredibly inept Crocs still hold hopes of eating their Zeeba neighbors. Throw in cameo appearances by Guard Duck and Snuffles the Cat and you get the full tableau of Pearls comedy. Stephan's personal annotations lend insight and more humor to this Pearls Before Swine collection.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180RANMA 1/2 2-IN-1 VOL 1 (TPB)

1936266386?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: RUMIKO TAKAHASHI

$14.99

Contains volumes 1 and 2!

Years ago, Genma promised his old friend Soun Tendo that Ranma would marry one of Soun's three daughters and carry on the family's martial arts school. Except that the girl picked to be Ranma's bride doesn't seem to like him, Ranma keeps getting into fights ... and did we mention that whole changing into a girl thing?

I read this years ago. I found it to be one of those stories that was amusing for the first five volumes or so, but it started to seem repetitive thereafter.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180REGULAR SHOW SKIPS #5

1936266438?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer/Art: MADELINE RUPERT (CA) THERESA ZYSK & various

Cover A: MAD RUPERT

Cover B: JIMMY GIEGRERICH

$3.99

Skips might finally have a solution to save the world from Mordecai and Rigby-he has to keep them from ever going into the park. With the help of Ted the Time Cop and an out-of-the-loop Benson, maybe Skips will finally beable to escape this never-ending vacation!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180RETURNING #1

1936266525?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: JASON STARR

Art: ANDREA MUTTI

Cover: FRAZER IRVING

$3.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: BOOM! We can't get enough innovative mashups of some of our favorite genres: Fantasy, Horror, and Mystery. Plus, we're fascinated with the science of NDE's!

WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT: Awardwinning novelist Jason Starr (Wolverine Max, The Chill) and artist Andrea Mutti (Noir, The Executor) deliver a gripping but deeply human drama set in an uncertain world.

WHAT'S IT ABOUT: It's 2022, and some people who have had Near Death Experiences have come back "changed." They exhibit extreme behavioral changes, becoming increasingly paranoid and violent, and no one knows why. People who have had NDE's fall immediately under suspicion, and in some cases, are murdered by justiceseeking vigilantes. It is in this world where Beth, a quiet high school student with a bright future, will learn just how quickly friends and family will turn on her when she has the bad luck of surviving the worst night of her life ...

Nice cover. If the insides are as nice, I might enjoy it.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVELATIONS #3

1936268686?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: PAUL JENKINS

Art/Cover: HUMBERTO RAMOS

Mature/$3.99

Detective Charlie Northern's investigation into the Vatican murder has led him on the path of secrets long buried. While the testimonies are stacking up, nothing is making sense. Northern has found himself in the middle of a reallife conspiracy theory and, for the first time in years, he will have to put himself in the mindset of a manoffaith to solve the case.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROBOCOP LAST STAND #8

1936271047?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writers: FRANK MILLER, ED BRISSON

Art: KORKUT OZTEKIN

Cover: DECLAN SHALVEY

Mature/$3.99

The conclusion to Frank Miller's epic vision for RoboCop's last chapter! The war has ended and Old Detroit is no more. As the city bands together behind RoboCop, he will be called upon to lead the city into a new era. ... Delta City is upon us.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROY THOMAS PRESENTS: PLANET COMICS (SLIPCASE UNSIGNED EDITION)

1936272889?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writer: CARMINE INFANTINO & Various

Art: DICK BRIEFER & various

$64.99

The signed and slipcased copies of Planet Comics Volume 1 went out of here faster than an interplanetary proton drive. PS Artbooks now offers a slipcased but unsigned version, limited to 150 unsigned slipcased copies. Collects issues #1-4 (January to April 1940) of the original title from Fiction House.

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180SENRAN KAGURA SKIRTING SHADOWS VOL 2 (GN)

1936272925?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer: KENICHIROU TAKAKI

Art/Cover: AMAMI TAKATSUME

Mature/$12.99

The raunchy video game sensation about buxom ninja girls is now a manga! Hanzo Academy: a secret high school established by the Japanese government to educate the newest generation of ninja girls. The spunky second year student, Asuka, along with her friends, the perverted Katsuragi, the childish Hibari, the mature Ikaruga and the deadly Yagyu, must each undergo rigorous training in their daily school life. But do they have what it takes to become full-fledged ninja? Only their bodacious skills and prodigious talents can keep them alive while they struggle against ninja rivals who seek to destroy them at every turn.

Despite the appalling size of those knockers above, and the obvious pervy, adolescent appeal of the premise, I actually find it comforting that Japanese boys are just as obsessed with boobs as American boys. So much of manga flies right over my head culturally that it's reassuring to see something I understand: bodacious ta-tas!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHERLOCK BONES VOL 4 (GN)

1936273142?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer: YUMA ANDO

Art/Cover: YUKI SATO

$10.99

Sherlock Holmes is reborn with a twist. Sherlock Bones has the enigmatic detective reincarnated as a dog! And there's no slowing this hound down once he's on to the scent of a good mystery. Takeru loves dogs, so he heads to the pound to adopt one. When he gets there, he notices a dog who doesn't play or interact with the other dogs, and he brings the dog home. Then he starts to hear voices. But he's not crazy. It's just that the legendary Sherlock Holmes has been reincarnated in the body of this small pup, and only Takeru can hear his human voice! Taking on the role of Watson, Takeru and Holmes (aka, Sherlock Bones) work to solve crimes across modern day Tokyo!  

I've been reading this. It's as goofy as it sounds, but it has its moments. The dog typically solves the crime fairly quickly; the suspense comes from seeing how his human companion can work out a way to prove the solution that the cops will believe, rather than "My dog told me who did it."

This reply was deleted.