Comics Guide for Oct. 22, 2014

COMICS GUIDE FOR OCT. 22, 2014

Titles listed in the Comics Guide come from the weekly list at the Diamond Comic Distributors Inc. website, and are subject to change. The information in the Comics Guide comes not only from Diamond but from solicitations, press releases and previews released by the publishers, except for random comments by Captain Comics (in blue).

BEST BETS

For more information on Best Bets and other titles, 
consult the "This Week's Comics" section below.

ALIAS OMNIBUS (HC, $99.99, Marvel Comics): As I said about the collection of The Pulse, the sequel to Alias, this was a pretty hard-hitting series about a woman on the skids who has to learn to pull herself out of the gutter and get back a little self-respect. Alias is our introduction to Jessica Jones, self-loathing alcoholic and failed superhero, who is now (in the pages of Avengers) a respectable mother and wife. Maybe it will help to keep in mind that things turn out OK for Jessica -- because for much of this series, she's a train wreck and it just keeps getting worse.

THE COMPLETE QUANTUM AND WOODY OMNIBUS (HC, $99.99, Valiant): Honestly, when Christopher Priest and Mark Bright introduced us to the World's Worst Superhero Team, it was the freshest, funniest book on the market. It still holds up well, too. So go meet the original tight-assed, control-freak superhero, Quantum (who happens to be African-American), and his lazy, irresponsible, hedonistic half-brother, Woody (who happens to be white), without whom Quantum's superpowers don't work. Also, Vincent Van Goat.

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS #1 ($3.99, IDW Publications): I felt like I learned all I need to know from the movie, but I was pretty old when I saw it and am even older now. You angsty youngsters may be awaiting more of Edward and his alienating afflictions, and if so, you're in luck! This series takes place 20 years after the movie, which ended with the female lead speculating that Edward was probably still alive somewhere. And he is!

GONERS #1 ($2.99, Image Comics): This new series takes the shopworn concept of a family/organization that has protected us from the supernatural throughout history (Bloodstone, Shadowman, Midnight Mass, Dr. Mirage, Leave It to Chance) and crosses it with reality TV for a book that promises to be plenty scary, topped with a dollop of social commentary. 

HARLEY QUINN VOL 1: HOT IN THE CITY (HC, $24.99, DC Comics): This series is selling phenomenally well, and if you want to see why, here are the first nine issues. Harley is played as sort of the DC equivalent of Deadpool; yes, she kills people (and so do her friends), but it's played for laughs and it's OK because it can be said of her victims (in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in True Lies) "Dey vere all badt." If that's not your cup of tea you might steer clear, but if you do, you won't get to see Harley Quinn as a roller-derby queen. For a less lethal Harley, you might check out GOTHAM CITY SIRENS BOOK ONE (TPB, $24.99), which collects an older series starring Harley, Poison Ivy and Catwoman, one that emphasized charm over mayhem.

THE MULTIVERSITY: THE JUST ($4.99, DC): Grant Morrison's The Multiversity continues with a look at Earth-16, where second-generation superheroes are more celebrities than crime-fighters. That idea has been dealt with in comics before, and shallowness is only entertaining for a very short window, but I trust Morrison will maintain our interest for the length of this one-shot.

THIS WEEK'S COMICS

Titles are grouped alphabetically by publisher, in this order:  
Action Lab Entertainment, Archie Comics, Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Dynamite, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, Marvel Comics, Valiant Comics and the catch-all Other Publishers.

ACTION LAB ENTERTAINMENT

HERO CATS #2

Writer: KYLE PUTTKAMMER

Art: MARCUS WILLIAMS, RYAN SELLERS, OMAKA SCHULTZ

Cover: MARCUS WILLIAMS

32 pgs./ All Ages/ FC / $3.99

Would you like to play a game? Duty calls as the Hero Cats defend Stellar City against Johnny Arcado's dangerous digitized minions. But in this game there is no reset button!

SOUTHERN DOG #2 (OF 4)

Writer: JEREMY HOLT

Art: ALEX DIOTTO

Cover: RILEY ROSSMO

32 pgs./ Mature Readers/ FC / $3.99

After revealing his involvement with the KKK, Jasper’s farther forces him to confront a bully from school through violent tactics. Refusing to participate, Jasper fleas the scene only to succumb to another "episode" as the beast inside of him resurfaces. Unable to fight it, Jasper suddenly finds himself in the middle of his town's racial war. Featuring series covers by red-hot artist Riley Rossmo (Drumhellar)!

As a kid, I never found werewolves especially scary. Sure, I didn't want to get clawed to death, but I have no innate, atavistic fear of wolves. A werewolf was no scarier to me than, say ... a were-ostrich. Either a wolf or an ostrich could kill me (in the unlikely event I meet one), but I don't fear one over the other, so I have equal regard for both.

Frankly, I'm more afraid of humans than I am of either wolves or ostriches. Turning a human into an animal makes them a tad less scary. I doubt a werewolf could shoot me, or run me over with a car, or come up with sadistic tortures, or -- let's face it -- figure out a doorknob.

I've always figured my lack of lupophobia is because I've never seen a wolf, or had any reason to fear one. But I bet I'd feel different if I'd grown up in Europe hundreds of years ago, when wolves were actually a threat and these legends sprang up as naturally as weeds. But as a 21st century kinda guy, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Or maybe I'm weird, and am the only one not afraid of werewolves. What about it, folks? Are you scared of werewolves? 

Anyway, as a result of not finding werewolves especially scary, I've never been much of a fan of werewolf stories. But good luck to those who try to make them relevant, as is the case here.

ARCHIE COMICS

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE MAGAZINE #1

Script: ROBERTO AQUIRRE-SACASA

Art/Cover: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

48 PGS / FC / TEEN + / $4.99 US.

“Escape From Riverdale”-- This is how the end of the world begins … Harvey Award-winning writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Stephen King’s The Stand, Archie meets Glee) and Eisner-winning artist Francesco Francavilla (The Black Beetle, Guardians of the Galaxy) take Archie and the gang where they’ve never been before—to the grave and back! A horrific accident sets off a series of grim events and Sabrina the Teenage Witch must try to repair the unspeakable evil her spell has unleashed. Gasp in horror as Riverdale faces an impending zombie Arch-pocalypse in the first issue of the magazine-size edition of the hugely successful, award-winning AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE series, featuring all new special features. 

This is smart thinking on Archie's part. If this magazine is distributed by regular magazine distributors (instead of, say, Diamond) it could reach a whole new audience. And since it's quality work that could impress that audience, that's good for everyone.

JUGHEAD AND ARCHIE COMICS ANNUAL #6

Script: CRAIG BOLDMAN

Art: Various

Cover: BILL GALVAN, BOB SMITH, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

192 PGS / FC / $5.99 U.S.

The Riverdale Fall Festival is here, and Jughead’s unable to partake in the one activity he loves most -- enjoying his food! Falling leaves provide a scenic backdrop and who doesn’t love jumping into piles of them -- but there’s one disadvantage -- getting them in your food! Will autumn finally leave Jughead alone and let him eat in peace? Find out in “The Fall of Jughead and Archie,” the hilarious, NEW first story to this fall-flavored Comics Annual!

Archie's kind of a slut, isn't he?

SONIC SAGA SERIES 6: MOGUL RISING (TPB)

Script: IAN FLYNN

Art: TRACY YARDLEY, MATT HERMS, JIM AMASH, JOHN WORKMAN, JOSH RAY

Cover: TRACY YARDLEY, JIM AMASH, JASON JENSEN

$11.99  U.S. / $13.99 CAN

6 5/8 x 10 3/16”

Trade Paperback, 112 PGS

It's SONIC VERSUS EVERYBODY! Blast into the action at Sonic speed with the continuation of the all-new Sonic Saga graphic novel series! In this volume, Sonic battles the ancient, evil Mammoth Mogul -- who has lost his Chaos Emerald and been imprisoned, but backing him into such a corner only made him more dangerous! Mogul uses his remaining powers to summon a new Fearsome Foursome -- and Sonic is forced to be one of them! Every mercenary and cut-throat is hired to take Sonic's shoes -- feet being optional! It's Sonic versus everyone else while the malicious mammoth laughs from the shadows! How can Sonic overcome all the odds? Find out inside! SONIC SAGA VOL. 6 collects selected stories from Sonic the Hedgehog #185-189.

WORLD OF ARCHIE COMICS DIGEST #44

Script: PAUL KUPPERBERG

Art: FERNANDO RUIZ, JACK MORELLI

Cover: JEFF SHULTZ, BOB SMITH, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

160 PGS / FC / $4.99 U.S.

The holidays are in full swing at Riverdale High, and Archie is determined to be Veronica’s Secret Santa. When he pulls someone else’s name, he has no choice but to find out who has Veronica so he can switch with them. This leads him on a wild goose chase around school -- it turns out a lot of people wish they had picked someone else, and it sets off a chain-reaction of switching names! Will he ever find out who is the mystery person who picked Veronica’s name? Find out in “Secret Santa Secret Swap,” the brand new lead story to this Christmas comics digest!

DARK HORSE

B.P.R.D: PLAGUE OF FROGS VOLUME 1 (TPB)

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, CHRISTOPHER GOLDEN, GEOFF JOHNS, MICHAEL AVON OEMING

Art: MICHAEL AVON OEMING, GUY DAVIS, RYAN SOOK, CAMERON STEWART

Colors: DAVE STEWART
Cover: MIKE MIGNOLA

FC, 408 pages, $19.99

TPB, 7" x 10"

Now in paperback!

In 2001, Hellboy quit the B.P.R.D., leaving Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, and a bizarre roster of special agents to defend the world from any occult threats and the growing menace of the frog army. Collects B.P.R.D.: Hollow Earth & Other Stories, B.P.R.D.: The Soul of Venice & Other Stories, and B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs.

• Brand-new trade paperback edition!

• Guy Davis’s Hellboy-universe debut!

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 10 #8

Writer: CHRISTOS GAGE

Art/Variant: REBEKAH ISAACS

Art: RICHARD CORBEN

Colors: DAN JACKSON

Cover: STEVE MORRIS

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

A GREAT JUMPING-ON POINT!

A Halloween issue spectacular takes Buffy and crew back to Sunnydale as they follow the stolen Vampyr book, finding a massive magical party at the Hellmouth -- and a demon devouring revelers!

Guest artist Richard Corben!

“Dark Horse has brought their A-game talent to this comic, and it shows.” -- Comic Book Resources

“A fantastic continuation to the Buffyverse.” -- Unleash the Fanboy

“Another stellar addition to the Project Black Sky Universe.” -- All-Comic

COLDER: THE BAD SEED #1

Writer: PAUL TOBIN

Art/Cover: PAUL TOBIN, JUAN FERREYRA

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Ongoing

THE EISNER-NOMINATED SERIES RETURNS AS AN ONGOING!

Life goes on for Declan Thomas after his deadly encounter with the psychotic Nimble Jack, but Declan’s strange powers continue to develop, offering him a profound connection with the nature of insanity. Little does he know that the malevolent Swivel wishes to pick up where Nimble Jack left off!

• The sequel to the critically acclaimed series!

• Written by Eisner Award winner Paul Tobin (Bandette, The Witcher)!

• Don’t miss Paul Tobin and Juan Ferreyra on Prometheus: Fire and Stone!

“Juan Ferreyra is a god amongst men who draws our darkest fears and uses his sorcery to haunt the dreams of the sane.”-- IGN

This one slid in under my radar. Anyone reading it? That art's impressive!

FATHER'S DAY #1 (of 4)

Writer: MIKE RICHARDSON

Art: GABIEL GUZMAN

Colors: JAVA T

Cover: KERON GRANT

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

How to be a good dad ... Stop killing people!

As a mob enforcer he was called the Eastside Butcher, but twenty years later Silas has found peace. That is, until his abandoned daughter shows up to give him a piece of her mind ... and unwittingly leads a legion of hit men to settle accounts with Silas!

• An action-packed crime thriller written by Dark Horse publisher Mike Richardson (The Secret, Cut, Atomic Legion).

• Illustrated by Gabriel Guzmán (Star Wars, Cable, Kull).

You know, the suburban parents in fiction who are secretly mob assassins, serial killers, Russian agents or alien conquerors are beginning to outnumber the ones who aren't. 

GANTZ VOLUME 33 (TPB)

Writer/Art/Cover: HIROYA OKU

B&W, 216 pages, $13.99

TPB, 5 1/8" x 7 1/16"

While the war with the aliens is apparently over, aboard the invaders’ mother ship, human prisoners face a parade of horrors for the televised amusement of the offworlders. And as Kei desperately tries to find his beloved Tae, help comes from an unexpected source—one of the aliens!

“Drawn with eye-popping realism, Oku’s scenes range from infanticide to bestiality to painful adolescent awkwardness, raising standard geek fare to a new level of sophistication.” -- Entertainment Weekly

HALO: ESCALATION #11

Writer: DUFFY BOUDREAU

Pencils: RICARDO SANCHEZ

Inks: ROB LEAN

Colors: MICHAEL ATIYEH

Cover: ANTHONY PALUMBO

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Ongoing

“Exposure” part 1 -- Spartans Ray and Thorne set out on a secret mission to uncover the origin of a monstrous new bioweapon ... but is it too late to prevent total catastrophe? Halo lead writer Brian Reed (Amazing Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel), Duffy Boudreau (BlackAcre), and Ricardo Sánchez (Green Arrow) team up to present one of the most dangerous Spartan ops yet!

• An essential addition to the Halo canon!

• The Halo franchise has sales eclipsing $3 billion over its lifetime!

• An all-new story arc -- a great jumping-on point!

“... Awesome.”  -- Unleash the Fanboy

POP #3 (of 4)

Writer: CURT PIRES

Art: JASON COPLAND

Colors: PETE TOMS

Cover: DYLAN TODD

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Pires -- “A creator to watch.” -- Multiversity

The walls are closing in. The threads are converging. How long can Elle and Coop run before their luck finally runs out? Before they’re finally captured? Just how far will the cartel go to reclaim Elle? All this and more, inside the spectacular third issue of POP!

Copland -- “A creator to watch.” -- Comicbook.com

PREDATOR: FIRE AND STONE #1 (of 4)

Writer: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art: CHRIS MOONEYHAM

Colors: DAN BROWN

Cover: LUCAS GRACIANO

Variant: ALEX MALEEV

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

A universe of terror drawn to one world.

As the Perses begins her long journey home, a deadly stowaway forces the crew into a savage conflict! While the crew defend themselves against this unseen predator, the hunter itself stalks a much more substantial game!

• Dark Horse’s Prometheus event sharpens its claws!

• Joshua Williamson (Ghosted, Nailbiter) is Multiversity’s breakout writer of 2013!

• Variant cover by Alex Maleev (Batman, Avengers)!

“Mooneyham has a striking approach, combining a Neal Adams-style dynamic with a Klaus Janson kind of roughness.” -- Comic Book Resources

THE SKY: THE ART OF FINAL FANTASY BOOK ONE (HC)

Writer/Art: YOSHITAKA AMANO

FC, 144 pages, $29.99

HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"

Dark Horse is pleased to offer the stunning visions of designer Yoshitaka Amano as individual volumes previously available only as a part of the now sold-out The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set or still-available The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition. The legend begins here with The Sky Book One, containing Amano's sketches and paintings for the first three Final Fantasy games. Introduced are characters such as Princess Sarah, Firion, Cid, Maria, Sara Altney, Alus Restor, Ricard Highwind and many others.

TERMINATOR: ENEMY OF MY ENEMY #6 (of 6)

Writer: DAN JOLLEY

Pencils/Cover: JAMAL IGLE

Inks: RAY SNYDER

Colors: WES DZIOBA

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Betrayed by humanity and battered by a machine, ex-CIA operative Farrow Greene engages in the final showdown with her new and old enemies! Greene must put it all on the line in order to preserve the life of biologist Elise Fong, but can her skills match the T-800’s raw, tireless brutality?

Superstar artist Jamal Igle (Supergirl)!

“Another solid offering in Dark Horse’s stable of Terminator comic books.” -- Comic Book Resources

TOMB RAIDER #9

Writers: GAIL SIMONE, RHIANNA PRATCHETT

Pencils: DERLIS SANTACRUZ

Inks: ANDY OWENS

Colors: MICHAEL ATIYEH

Cover: ANDY PARK

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

Tomb Raider’s Rhianna Pratchett joins Gail Simone!

Roanoke: a desolate, cursed place, forgotten by history. Lara and her allies find themselves trapped in this terrifying lost colony as they try to escape the hired killer gunning for them. However ... Lara will soon find out there are more terrifying things lurking in the dark than a trained hit man!

• The official continuation of Lara Croft’s story!

• The Tomb Raider video game has sold over 6 million copies!

“With Simone at the helm, I have no doubt the series is in good hands.” -- Game Skinny

Wow -- a Lara Croft with normal-sized boobs! I did a double-take, and I don't mean that in a dirty way!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DC COMICS

ALL-STAR WESTERN VOL. 5: MAN OUT OF TIME (TPB)

1801296183?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by MORITAT, STAZ JOHNSON, NORM RAPMUND, FABRIZIO FIORENTINO and CLIFF RICHARDS

Cover by HOWARD PORTER

192 pg, FC, $16.99 US

After a confrontation with Booster Gold in the Old West, Jonah Hex is transported to modern-day Gotham City. Confused and adrift but still trigger-happy, Hex looks to shoot his way out of trouble – but that may do him no good when he’s thrown into Arkham Asylum! These tales from issues #22-28 guest star Batman, John Constantine, Superman and more.

1801276820?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE ANNOTATED SANDMAN VOL. 3 (HC)

1936467932?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: LESLIE S. KLINGER

THE SANDMAN written by NEIL GAIMAN

Art: JILL THOMPSON, VINCE LOCKE, P. CRAIG RUSSELL and others

Cover: DAVE McKEAN

520 pg, B&W, $49.99 US • MATURE READERS

In THE ANNOTATED SANDMAN VOL. 3, Leslie Klinger provides historical insights into THE SANDMAN #40-55, plus THE SANDMAN SPECIAL #1 and “How They Met Themselves” from VERTIGO: WINTER’S EDGE #3.

I've actually been a little disappointed in these annotations, which tell me little I don't already know. I often feel I could do a more thorough job myself.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180AQUAMAN #35

1801287943?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801290190?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF PARKER

Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and SEAN PARSONS

MONSTERS Variant cover by MARK NELSON

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S. • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

The shocking truth is revealed: The tomb of Aquaman’s mother is empty! But there’s something sinister about this development that will change Arthur’s life forever!

ARKHAM MANOR #1

1801273969?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by GERRY DUGGAN

Art and cover by SHAWN CRYSTAL

1:25 Variant cover by ERIC CANETE

When catastrophe strikes Arkham Asylum, where will Gotham City house the world’s most dangerous criminals, and when inmates are found murdered, what is Batman prepared to do in search of justice? Arkham’s madness comes home in ARKHAM MANOR! A bold new series brought to you by the mad minds of Gerry Duggan (Deadpool, Nova) and Shawn Crystal (Deadpool, Wolverine and the X-Men).

I cannot imagine any scenario in which Batman's secret ID doesn't become common knowledge if his worst and most psychotic enemies are housed just above the Batcave. Is this based on a video game or something? It seems like a really implausible scenario, and not very well thought out.

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN ‘66 #16

1936388265?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JEFF PARKER

Art by BRENT SCHOONOVER

Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E • DIGITAL FIRST

It’s “Egghead Unbound” as Batman’s most egg-centric foe returns to terrorize Gotham City. Frustrated by his repeated defeats at the hands of the Caped Crusader, he invents a device that will egg-celerate his brain development to that of a being from the 40th century. Is this really possible? Does he now possess super-human abilities? Or has his mind simply gotten scrambled?

Wow, he evens looks like Vincent Price. I miss Vincent Price. Or maybe I just miss being 10 years old and watching Vincent Price on Batman.

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE #15

1936388062?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by KYLE HIGGINS and ALEC SIEGEL • Art by THONY SILAS

Cover by MATTEO SCALERA

48 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Rewire is out of Arkham. Ghoul is back on the streets and selling modified Joker toxin. And now Terry’s girlfriend Melanie might have gone back to her old habits. Can things get any worse? Oh yeah – Inque’s back and more powerful than ever!

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN ETERNAL #29

Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV,

RAY FAWKES, KYLE HIGGINS and TIM SEELEY

Art by SIMON COLEBY

Cover by CLAY MANN

Hell is bursting out of Arkham Asylum, and the only being that can stop it is The Spectre -- but first he must stop himself from razing all of Gotham City!

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180BODIES #4

1936398717?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by SI SPENCER

Art by DEAN ORMSTON, PHIL WINSLADE, MEGHAN HETRICK and TULA LOTAY

Cover by JENNY FRISON

32 pg, FC, 4 of 8, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

A night in the pub winds up in two very sticky ends for Whiteman and Edmond, while in 2050 Maplewood and Bounce go up on the roof to wait for the big parade. In the present day, what should be a walk in the park for Shahara leads her straight to the morgue.

I just read issue #3 this week. Everything about this book is interesting and well thought out, with interesting characters, interesting time periods and an interesting central mystery, with a thickly plotted story, all rendered with four different, professional and story-appropriate styles of art.

But as a reader I keep stumbling over two things: 1) with four stories occurring simultaneously in each issue, it's tough to keep track of everything on a monthly basis, and 2) with detectives in four time periods investigating identical crimes, the same ground has to be covered by all four detectives in each investigation, slowing down the story. 

Both of these faults would be eliminated by reading this story as a collection, which I'll probably do some day. As a monthly, though, it asks a lot of the reader.

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180CATWOMAN #35

1801326117?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801326338?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GENEVIEVE VALENTINE

Art by GARRY BROWN

Cover by JAE LEE

MONSTERS Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S. • RATED T+

Meet Selina Kyle -- Crime Boss of Gotham City! Spinning out of events in BATMAN ETERNAL Selina has accepted the family mantle and embraced her true criminal side, but is Gotham City ready for her reign? And with the Cat away, who’s the stranger haunting the empty rooftops of the city? Don’t miss the start of a bold new direction for Selina Kyle by the new creative team of novelist Genevieve Valentine and Garry Brown (Five Ghosts, Iron Patriot).

I don't think you can be a crime boss without killing lots of people. So if Selina becomes a crime boss without killing people, my suspension of disbelief won't hold up. If Selina becomes a crime boss by killing people, that changes my fundamental understanding of the character, a character I like, into a bloody-handed gangster, which I won't like. Either way, it sounds like this story ain't for me.

DEAD BOY DETECTIVES #10

1936381618?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by TOBY LITT

Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM and RYAN KELLY

Cover by MARK BUCKINGHAM

RATED T • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

A Vertigo “Defy Covers” issue! For years, Crystal has been determined to discover what really happened to her best friend, Rosa. Did Crystal really see Rosa ripped out of reality and stolen away into a snowy otherworld? Or was she, as her parents said, “just completely banjaxed” by Rosa’s death? As Charles and Edwin’s inspired sleuthing helps Crystal locate the comatose Rosa, it seems they’ve all arrived too late – this time Rosa’s life hangs by the thinnest of threads, and her spirit may not even want to return home.

Covers are good. Covers are necessary. I don't understand why ditching covers for a month on the Vertigo titles is a plus. 

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEATHSTROKE #1

1801274258?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by TONY S. DANIEL

Art by TONY S. DANIEL and SANDU FLOREA

Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

1:25 Variant cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO

The DCU’s deadliest assassin stars in his own ongoing series by writer/artist Tony S. Daniel! See him as never before in this explosive new series, with one surprise after another as we see Slade Wilson in the fight of his life!

I don't find Slade Wilson interesting, and don't care what happens to him. Have I gotten too old for comics?

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180EARTH 2: WORLD’S END #2

earth-2-worlds-end-002.jpg?width=250Written by DANIEL H. WILSON, MARGUERITE BENNETT and MIKE JOHNSON

Art by EDDY BARROWS, TYLER KIRKHAM and PAULO SIQUIERA

Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and VICENTE CIFUENTES

Huntress and Power Girl returned to Earth 2 to help save it from the threat of Apokolips, but even their combined power isn’t enough to protect against the first of four furies from that deadly world: the girl known as War.

I think we talk about this somewhere else on the board. One good thing: The Earth 2 Batman shot The Joker in the head. So there's that.

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE FLASH #35

1801290549?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801295842?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN

Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

MONSTERS Variant cover by RYAN OTTLEY

It’s The Flash vs. Future Flash as these two super-speedsters battle for the fate of Wally West! Will a Flash die?

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS BOOK ONE (TPB)

1801310523?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by PAUL DINI, SCOTT LOBDELL, MARC ANDREYKO and TONY BEDARD

Art by GUILLEM MARCH, DAVID LOPEZ, ALVARO LOPEZ, ANDRES GUINALDO,

RAUL FERNANDEZ, PETER NGUYEN and JACK PURCELL

Cover by GUILLEM MARCH

320 pg, FC, $24.99 US

In this new collection of GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #1-13, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are tired of playing by other people’s rules regardless of which side of the law they’re on. These tough ladies have a new agenda that’s all their own, and they’ll use any means necessary to pursue it. But can they get along and work as a team? And who will get hurt along the way?

1801276820?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARLEY QUINN #11

1801329154?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801329314?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by CHAD HARDIN

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

MONSTERS Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE

1:25 Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER

This issue will ship with three covers.

Harley continues with her toxic Max Macabre relationship -- but everything changes when Power Girl comes crashing into Coney Island from outer space! PG has a severe case of amnesia, and Harley is happy to remind her that they are best friends -- and a crimefighting team!

HARLEY QUINN VOL 1: HOT IN THE CITY (HC)

1801333098?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by AMANDA CONNER, CHAD HARDIN, STEPHANE ROUX and others

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

224 pgs | Color $24.99 | Rated T

Harley Quinn, everyone's favorite adorable psychopath, has taken the world by storm in her first solo series in the New 52! Fresh from the #1 New York Times bestselling BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY and SUICIDE SQUAD, HARLEY QUINN VOL. 1: HOT IN THE CITY unleashes the Cupid of Crime on an unsuspecting DC Universe, and she leaves no one unscathed in her wake! This acclaimed new series by husband and wife duo Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner has been a smash-hit with new and old fans, men and women, and also serves as a great entry point to new readers.

Co-writer Jimmy Palmiotti says "I think [co-writer] Amanda [Conner] will agree that we are hitting a female audience that a lot of the comics don't. And we're getting younger people, we're getting a female audience, we're getting people who want to try something different. We're also not alienating people with a ton of continuity." Conner goes on to say "Yeah, and I think a lot of it also is that people enjoy reading it because Harley gets to do the things that sometimes you want to do to people but are highly illegal *laughs*. If somebody is just driving you insane and it's like 'my god, I would just love to pitch that guy out of a window!' And then it's like okay, I really can't do that. But Harley can! So it's sort of cathartic to read it."

There are eight million stories in the naked city. Here's one you might have heard: An out-of-town girl moves to the Big Apple after a bad breakup, looking for a new job, a new love and a new life. Oh yeah, she's a criminally insane supervillain who just got jilted by a psychotic clown. Did we forget to mention that? She's Harley Quinn, and she's come to Coney Island looking to settle down and cut loose -- as a roller derby queen! But where Harley goes, trouble follows. Someone's put a price on her head so big every bounty hunter in Brooklyn is looking for her.

The sensational series that gave Harley Quinn her own New 52 spotlight is collected in hardcover for the first time, from the star-studded #0 issue to issue #8! 

Praise for HARLEY QUINN:

"Chaotic and unabashedly fun as one would expect."-- IGN

"It's silly, it's funny, it's irreverent."-- Comic Book Resources

"Visually, Harley Quinn #1 is a real winner. Chad Hardin's style and composition is a perfect fit for this character." -- Newsarama

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #18

1936392349?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by DAN ABNETT

Art by POP MHAN

Cover by STJEPAN SEJIC

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

The finale of “The Blood of Greyskull” is here! Darkness has taken over Eternia. He-Man is dead. Only one person can save the day – she is Adora. She is She-Ra!

• INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #4

1936377131?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by DAN DIDIO and KEITH GIFFEN

Art by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH

Cover by HOWARD PORTER

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Following their battle against Mantis, a Boom Tube mishap forces the Forever People to find alternative transportation back to New Genesis. After getting some unexpected help from Bat Cow, they arrive home to learn that Azur Te has come to join the team – and Guy Gardner has brought the Green Lantern/New Gods conflict to their doorstep!

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR THREE #2

1936392293?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by TOM TAYLOR

Art by BRUNO REDONDO and TOM

DERENICK • Cover by TREVOR McCARTHY

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

A new resistance to Superman’s reign is forming, and it’s ready to take on Superman from a new angle – one Batman isn’t comfortable with. John Constantine has begun to gather demons and supernatural beings to bring down this dictatorship. Might has failed. It’s time for magic!

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #35

1801285549?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801286880?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art by ANDRES GUINALDO and MARK IRWIN

Cover by NEIL EDWARDS and NORM RAPMUND

MONSTERS Variant cover by ERIK GIST

32 pg, FC, $3.99 U.S. • RATED T

Time is broken -- and so is the Justice League Dark! The team may have welcomed Andrew Bennett, Frankenstein, and its others back into the fold, but the reunion will be short-lived when the JLD finds itself scattered across the timestream! They’re lost in a blasted, apocalyptic wasteland at the end of time… an incomprehensible dimension beyond all existence … and at the dawn of a dark civilization lost to recorded history -- the place where magic was first harnessed! They can barely work together under the best of circumstances … how will they ever find their way home from this?

THE MULTIVERSITY: THE JUST #1

1801273741?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by GRANT MORRISON

Art and cover by BEN OLIVER

1:10 B&W Variant cover by BEN OLIVER

1:25 Variant cover by EDUARDO RISSO

1:50 Variant cover by DALE EAGLESHAM

1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON

48 pg, FC, $4.99 U.S. • RATED T

This issue will ship with five covers.

The next chapter of the greatest adventure in DC’s history is here!

When they last collaborated, Grant Morrison joined artist Ben Oliver (LOBO, BATMAN/SUPERMAN) for the acclaimed ACTION COMICS #0. For their next team-up, the two superstars take a spin around the self-obsessed Earth-16 -- a.k.a. Earth-Me!

With all of the world’s threats having been handled long ago by their parents, the next generation of supers -- including Chris Kent, Damien Wayne, Alexis Luthor, Offspring, Megamorpho, Donna Troy and more -- find themselves labeled as superstars more often than superheroes. But with that fame comes complacency, and when a massive threat unlike anything they’ve ever seen surfaces, this pampered crew finds themselves in way over their head. What secret is Damien keeping from Chris that could tear the world’s finest friends apart? Who is the mysterious killer lurking behind the scenes among these spoiled super-children? And what chance do they stand against the monstrous villain that’s murdering its way cross the Multiverse? All that and more in this exciting stand-alone issue which also acts as chapter three of the MULTIVERSITY saga. Join us, if your dare, for THE MULTIVERSITY!

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE NEW 52: FUTURE'S END #25

futend-cv25-art-108617.jpg?width=250Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN

Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER

Cover by RYAN SOOK

The revelation of their ultimate adversary forces the S.H.A.D.E. team to find a new ride as they learn what it means to watch for the Storm.

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED LANTERNS #35

1801335677?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by J. CALAFIORE

Cover by SCOTT HEPBURN

“GODHEAD,” Act 1 Part 5: Guy Gardner’s at his lowest point in he horrific aftermath of “The Atrocitus War,” consumed with rage towards himself for the many lives lost, and he’s taking it out on whomever he can! His actions have caught the attention of Earth’s sole Green Lantern, Simon Baz! Unfortunately, Earth itself has caught the attention of the New God, Malhedron!? But unlike his green compatriot, Guy’s on a rage-filled suicide mission, and he’s just looking for a target!

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180RONIN (DELUXE EDITION HC)

1936341410?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by FRANK MILLER

Art and cover by FRANK MILLER

336 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US

Frank Miller’s 6-issue miniseries RONIN is given the Deluxe Edition treatment! It’s the tale of a 13th Century samurai who is reborn in a futuristic 21st Century New York City with one last chance to regain his honor: he must defeat the reincarnation of his master’s killer, an ancient demon called Agat. This breathtaking Deluxe Edition includes rarely seen promotional art, fold-out pages and more special features.

Back in 1986, I was blown away by Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, and was highly anticipating his next big -- and hugely hyped -- project, Ronin

Perhaps the bar was set too high, because I was really disappointed. I didn't care much for the art style, which I found out later was emulating Goseki Kojima of Lone Wolf and Cub, but to my unsophisticated eye at the time just looked unfinished. And the story didn't grab me, either, as it was a very cold, distant one that asked no emotional investment. At completion I filed it away and dismissed it as a failed experiment.

I'll read Ronin again should I get an opportunity to do so cheap, and see if my opinion has changed. But given how much more sophisticated the comics field has gotten in the last 28 years, and given that I've read the far superior Lone Wolf and Cub in the interim, I can't imagine I'll be more impressed now than I was then.

1801256459?profile=RESIZE_180x180SECRET ORIGINS #6

1801287342?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, CLIFF CHIANG, J.M. DeMATTEIS and CULLEN BUNN

Art by CLIFF CHIANG, GORAN SUDZUKA, KEVIN STOKES, IGOR LIMA and RUY JOSE

Cover by LEE BERMEJO

48 pg, FC, $4.99 U.S. • RATED T

The same month the acclaimed creative team on WONDER WOMAN exits that book, they arrive to tell the Amazon Warrior’s secret origin! Plus, the beginnings of Deadman by J.M. DeMatteis and Kevin Stokes, and Sinestro’s origin by series writer Cullen Bunn and artist Igor Lima!

Wonder Woman finally makes the cover of Secret Origins -- on issue #6! That's just wrong, DC! Wrong, wrong, wrong!

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES FEATURING G.I. ZOMBIE #3

1801287747?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by SCOTT HAMPTON

Cover by DARWYN COOKE

1:25 Variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON

The only man who can negotiate with terrorists is a man who’s already dead! When a hostile force storms a federal building and takes hostages, the negotiator is none other than Jared Kabe -- a.k.a. G.I. Zombie!

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 5: WALLED IN (TPB)

1801310313?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by MATT KINDT and SEAN RYAN

Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER, JASON MASTERS, JIM FERN and others

Cover by DOUG MAHNKE

208 pg, FC, $16.99 US

As FOREVER EVIL sweeps over the DCU, the Suicide Squad experiences a world full of freed villains! And now, with the Reverse Suicide Squad taking over Belle Reve, Amanda Waller and James Gordon Jr. must free a prisoner from the early days of The New 52 if they are to have any hope of surviving! Collects SUICIDE SQUAD #24-30 and SUICIDE SQUAD: AMANDA WALLER #1.

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN #35

1801295968?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801295946?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON

MONSTERS Variant cover by JASON PEARSON

1:50 Variant cover by MIKE McKONE

1:100 Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON

32 pg, FC, $3.99 U.S. • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with five covers.

The hit SUPERMAN run by Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. continues with “THE MEN OF TOMORROW” Chapter four! Superman and Ulysses are still dealing with the traumatic revelations of last issue, but the hunt for The Machinist must continue before his would-be-victims fall into his hands. But what happens when the two heroes learn the truth behind The Machinist and the cost to stopping his mad plan?

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

1801365855?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE UNWRITTEN: APOCALYPSE #10

1936383739?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by MIKE CAREY

Art by PETER GROSS

Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

In the first chapter of the final UNWRITTEN story art, “Annals of Comparative Literature,” Pullman has the maanim, and the end is as nigh as it’s ever going to get. But even magic trumpets have rules, and this one has a homing instinct – and there’s only one place in all the worlds of fiction where it can do its apocalyptic thing. Which just happens to be the one place Tom is afraid to go ...

• DYNAMITE COMICS

THE BIONIC WOMAN: SEASON FOUR #2

BWSF02CovChen.jpg?width=250Writer: BRANDON JERWA

Art: DAVID T. CABRERA

Cover: SEAN CHEN

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

After a dangerous encounter with a new enemy, Jaime Sommers finds herself in a strange new place! Trouble lurks around every corner in an idyllic little town, and our heroine is cut off from her O.S.I. support system. What are the bizarre secrets being concealed by the people of North Eden?

1936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936471313?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936473379?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936475554?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936477440?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936477595?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180BOB'S BURGERS #1 (2ND PTG)

STK658130.jpg?width=250Writers: RACHEL HASTINGS & Various

Art: FRANK FORTE & Various

Cover: TONY GENNARO

32 PGS / FC / $3.99

All right! The very first Bob's Burgers comic book, a new series from the creator of the hit TV show, created by Loren Bouchard! Now you can read about the Belcher family (parents Bob and Linda, and their children Tina, Gene and Louise) in brand-new in-canon stories created by the TV show's producers, writers and animators creating all original stories appearing exclusively in this comics series. Each comic includes hilarious installments of: "Louise's Unsolved Mysteries," "Tina's Erotic Friend Fiction," "A Gene Belcher Original Musical," "Letters Written by Linda" and "Bob's Burgers of the Day."

Bob's Burgers is an American animated sitcom that airs on Fox television with other hits such as The Simpsons and Family Guy!

CHAOS: THE CHOSEN (ONE-SHOT)

ChosenOneShotCovRaney.jpg?width=250Writer: MICHAEL MORECI

Art: IVAN RODRIGUEZ, ROD RODOLFO

Cover: TOM RANEY

Rating: Teen + / 48 pages / $7.99

Spinning out of the events of CHAOS, the Chosen are a group of monster teens who travel the world with one agenda -- hunting other monsters! In this double-shot of horror, action, and humor, the Chosen team up with the powerful witch Suspira to take down Epitaph, a force of evil bent on using three co-eds to help him return from the dead. Then, the Chosen travel to an east coast hamlet to do battle against a strange, ancient monster! Two terrifying tales that explore the darkest corners of the Chaos universe!

"... the Chosen are a group of monster teens who travel the world ..."

Wait, aren't ALL teens monsters? I know I was!

1936479462?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936479545?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479754?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936481868?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936481927?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE, INC. #3 (OF 6)

STK653127.jpg?width=250STK653128.jpg?width=250STK653129.jpg?width=250

STK653130.jpg?width=2501936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MICHAEL USLAN

Art: GIOVANNI TIMPANO

Main Cover: ALEX ROSS

Variant A: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

Variant B: GABRIEL HARDMAN

Variant C: ARDIAN SYAF

Miraculously, the zombie-like and frozen Richard Henry Benson is alive! But, shockingly, so many others are slaughtered! What all-powerful villain or villains lurk behind the plot to kill so many wealthy men of industry? Is it Shiwan Khan? The Voodoo Master? Both? Meanwhile, Doc Savage and The Shadow help Benson in an effort to reclaim his stolen humanity and use his bold yet cursed new powers to seek justice ... as he alone defines it. Can three mysterious beings of starkly contrasting ideologies and methodologies cast aside their inherent differences and band together to conquer an overwhelming threat? The answer comes in the midst of a surprise attack on Doc Savage's fortress, finally revealing the true evil force out to destroy this newly formed triumvirate: Justice, Inc.!

1936482057?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936482165?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936482232?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936484508?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936484566?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180LADY ZORRO #4 (OF 4)

LadyZorro01Cov50OnlyLinsner.jpg?width=2501936486684?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ALEX DE CAMPI

Art: REY VILLEGAS

Cover: JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER

It's war. In the smoking ruins of what was a thriving Spanish village only a few days before, the Spanish patriots and Chumash warriors prepare to fight a well-trained, well-equipped army of German mercenaries. As the battle begins, Lady Zorro and Hugo gallop off on a last-ditch effort to avert the full-on massacre of the defenders. But the evil German general sees through Lady Zorro's plan, and has a bullet for all her troubles. This is the end for Alta California as we know it ... and Lady Zorro.

"... the Spanish patriots and Chumash warriors prepare to fight a well-trained, well-equipped army of German mercenaries ..."

Hold on! There were no Germans in Alta California! Russians, maybe, but no Germans! There wasn't even a proper Germany yet, just a collection of German-speaking provinces, so where would these Germans have come from? They could be Hessians, I suppose, or Prussians maybe, but not Germans! This is going to take a heaping helping of suspension o' disbelief!

1936488585?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936490626?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936490778?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936492749?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936494615?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED SONJA VOL 2: ART OF BLOOD AND FIRE (TPB)

1936496670?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: GAIL SIMONE

Art: WALTER GEVOANNI, IVAN RODRIGUEZ

Cover: JENNY FRISON

Teen + / 176 pages / $19.99

A dying emperor has a last request of Sonja. He is throwing the ultimate send-off party, and needs the six greatest artisans from all the known lands: the greatest chef, swordsman, courtesan and more. If Sonja brings them in time, he will free a thousand slaves ... but if she fails, they will be buried alive right next to his coffin! Collects issues #7-12 of the ongoing Red Sonja comic book series, plus the special #0 issue.

I hear there are some on this board who are not as enamored of Jenny Frison's work as I am. Well, that's what makes horse races. But I find her stuff naturalistic and affecting, plus she does the sexiest Sonja I've ever seen, probably because she's not drawn like a blow-up doll.

1936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936498456?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936500619?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936500808?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936502857?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936504689?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936504859?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936507404?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936507555?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936507583?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936510210?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936512199?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936514665?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180STEAMPUNK BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: 1880 #3 (OF 4)

BSG188003CovSyaf.jpg?width=250Writer: TONY LEE

Art: ANEKE

Cover: ARDIAN SYAF

As Starbuck and Athena face a terrifying enemy under Carillion, and Apollo, Boomer and Jolly face Baltar's Cylonic Giants, the Aethership Galactica heads to Gemini to stop an invasion! But will it be their greatest battle -- or their LAST? Come with us on this Steampunk re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica by #1 New York Times bestselling author Tony Lee!

1936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936514816?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936516936?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936516977?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936519160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936521038?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936451033?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE TWILIGHT ZONE #9

TZ09CovFrancavilla.jpg?width=250TZ09CovIncenFrancavillaVirg.jpg?width=2501801327574?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art: GUIU VILANOVA

Cover: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

Ben Chambers is a private investigator at the end of his career, an arc best viewed through the bottom of a whiskey bottle. He has investigated missing persons, adulterous lovers, embezzling partners … and none of it has ever meant anything. None of it has ever changed anything. So Ben looks at his life now and wonders, what was it all for, really? He resignedly takes on one last case, investigating the unsolved murder of corporate CEO Jason Black’s son, an Iraq veteran killed shortly after an anti-war rally. Ben expected that his investigation would take him into the past through photos and research and interviews. What he never expected was that the trip into earlier years would be literal … as he time travels back to the night of the murder, and discovers that he finally has his chance to make a difference, courtesy of The Twilight Zone.

1936521203?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936523757?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936525865?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936527892?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936528107?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801327574?profile=RESIZE_180x180VAMPIRELLA ANNUAL: PRELUDE TO SHADOWS

VampiPreludeCovLupacchino.jpg?width=250Writer: NANCY A. COLLINS

Art: CRISTIAN ZAMORA

Cover: EMANUELA LUPPACHINO

Teen + / 48 pages / $7.99

Before Vampirella was marked by the Cult of Chaos as a living sacrifice to Lady Umbra, Queen of Shadows, she worked as an field operative for Cestus Dei, the Vatican's version of MI-6. In this one-shot, set before the "Our Lady of Shadows" story arc (from Vampirella #1-6), Vampirella must go undercover at a French convent to investigate a series of weird deaths and odd disappearances believed to be the work of a long-dead evil witch known as Metifa, Satan's Mistress. That's right - one of the classic Warren-era menaces makes her modern age debut, with bestselling horror author Nancy A. Collins at the helm!

I just read Vampirella Archives Vol 8, collecting stories from 1976, and I'm guessing sight unseen that today's stories are better!

1801327574?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936528189?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936530422?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936530466?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532434?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532580?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• IDW PUBLICATIONS

7TH SWORD #5

1936475308?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JOHN RAFFO

Art: NUR IMAN

Cover: ANDREW ROBINSON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

After far too little time together, Cray and his Students part ways -- the latter setting off to storm the warlord Kavanaugh's sandship, the former having booked passage back to Earth. But along the way, the reluctant warrior is faced with a choice. Will he follow the path before him, or follow the code he has lived by ... to almost certain death?

1936477404?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936477519?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479557?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936481834?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936484484?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936487670?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936490494?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801287899?profile=RESIZE_180x180BORDERLANDS: THE FALL OF FYRESTONE #3

1801288251?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801288400?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801287899?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MIKEY NEUMANN

Art/Cover: AGUSTIN PADILLA

Subscription Variant: ROBERTO CASTRO

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

It’s time to meet Nine Toes in part three of “The Fall of Fyrestone!” Roland, Lilith, Mordecai, and Brick are armed to the teeth and ready for the fight of their lives. People are gonna die! Lots of ‘em! Innocent people are GOING TO DIE in this issue of BORDERLANDS.

Written by original game writer, Mikey Neumann, with art by the fantastic Agustin Padilla – this is one Borderlands adventure you don’t want to miss!

1936493724?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936496462?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936498515?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936501782?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936504013?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936506595?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801287899?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEXTER'S LABORATORY VOL 1: DEE'S DAY

1801335481?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: DEREK FRIDOLFS

Art/Cover: RYAN JAMPOLE

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages

Everyone's favorite boy-genius returns to comics! Dexter has reached the pinnacle of his greatest scientific experiment—one that will gift him with infinite clarity and superhuman intellect beyond all mankind. But with every precaution in place, will he be able to finish it before his meddling sister Dee Dee ruins everything … AGAIN?

“Fans of the show are sure to love it not just for its amazing content, but for the attention to detail regarding the world of Dexter that the creative team has clearly demonstrated.” -- Geeked Out Nation

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: LEGENDS OF BALDUR'S GATE #1

1936508720?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936508834?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JIM ZUB

Art: MAX DUNBAR

Cover: SARAH STONE

Subscription Variant: MAX DUNBAR

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Evil, meet my sword! Sword, meet evil! Generations have passed since the original Heroes of Baldur's Gate saved the city and the Realms. Now a new threat rises and an unlikely group of misfits are thrust into adventure with MINSC, the legendary Ranger do-gooder with a heart of gold, brain of lead, and hamster of pronounced wisdom.

• A new D&D comic series launching alongside Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons next edition game system, supported by an extensive ad campaign across multiple media platforms.

• The Baldur's Gate video games are the most popular and best-selling representation of the D&D brand of all time, enjoyed by millions of players.

• Writer Jim Zub has a loyal fantasy and game readership built up through comic titles that include Skullkickers, Samurai Jack, Exalted, Pathfinder, Street Fighter and Red Sonja.

1936510878?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936513134?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936515528?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936518449?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936520740?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180EDWARD SCISSORHANDS #1 (of 5)

1801327053?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801327118?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x1807c63ad0c-eecb-400b-8b05-4329781a13d9.jpg?width=250Writer: KATE LETH

Art: DREW RAUSCH

Cover: GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ

Subscription Variant: GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

An all-new adventure revisiting Edward Scissorhands two decades after the end of the fan-favorite movie!

In castle just outside a sleepy suburban town, a brilliant inventor created Edward Scissorhands … but left him tragically unfinished. Two generations of exile have left Edward digging through abandoned experiments, but once he wakes up a creature left buried, he discovers he isn't the only one missing a vital piece. As Edward tries to fix a grave mistake, he comes face to face with a teenage girl who was sure he was only myth ... despite the stories her grandmother told her, about the man she could never touch.

Just in time for Halloween, IDW Publishing and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are proud to announce the first in a number of new projects together, with the first ever Edward Scissorhands comic book series. The long overdue all-new adventures begin in October, with New York Times best-selling author Kate Leth (Adventure Time) on writing duties and Drew Rausch (Haunted Mansion) lending his delightfully spooky style to the interior art. Rounding out the creative team will be acclaimed Locke & Key artist Gabriel Rodriguez, who will provide a stunning and suitably creepy cover for the debut issue.

"Edward Scissorhands is one of those dream projects that only pop up once in a lifetime, so any new story set in its universe demands to be treated with love and reverence,” said IDW Editor Sarah Gaydos. “We've found a team in Drew and Kate, along with a crew of top cover artists who are not only exceptionally worthy of the task, but are bringing something completely fresh and relevant to the table."

The 1990 cult-classic film from auteur Tim Burton, Edward Scissorhands ends with the heroine of the story, an aged Kim being asked by her granddaughter, “How do you know he’s still alive?” to which she answers, “I don’t know. Not for sure. But I believe he is.” In the comic book event of fall 2014, IDW Publishing revisits this modern classic two decades after the end of film to finally answer that question.

"I'm overwhelmed with excitement to be writing Edward Scissorhands. As a former (and lifelong) teen goth, few things are as close to my heart as Tim Burton's cult classics,” said series writer Kath Leth. “We're taking the story forward in time and telling a bit of a girl detective story -- one of my favourite genres—a bit closer to modern times but still with that eerie, anachronistic touch. It's a bit creepy, a bit scary, but always full of wonder. Drew and I have so much love for the film, and we like to think it shows. Keep your eyes peeled for easter eggs and plenty of spirals …”

Kim’s granddaughter, Meg, grows up with Edward Scissorhands only being a legend, a bedtime story. But when weird things start to happen in her sleepy little town, it reawakens her curiously and she decides to search out for the mysterious Edward Scissorhands.

"I keep having to remind myself that this is happening -- but if there was ever a team made for telling the further tales of Edward Scissorhands, it has to be Kate and I,” said series artist Drew Rausch. “No -- seriously, IDW just built us a few months ago from some parts they had lying around. It's been a little weird.  We're still getting the hang of all this "living" stuff but we promise to deliver a story that's just as perfectly timeless, chilling and heartwarming as the original -- cross our cookie hearts!"

Follow IDW on Facebook and Twitter for more information, details, and teasers as they become available.

1936523131?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936525662?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936528296?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936530604?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532738?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936535023?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE #2

1801363584?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936536986?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KAREN TRAVISS

Art: STEVE KURTH

Cover: JEFFREY VEREGGE

Subscription Variant: STEVE KURTH

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

THE FALL OF G.I. JOE! Scarlett’s last chance to save the G.I. JOE team’s existence is threatened on all sides -- the U.S. government, shady spy organizations, two warring factions in a nation in the throes of civil war… plus the benevolent peace-keeping forces of Cobra?!

•  Bold new era continues with superstar writer Karen Traviss (Halo, Gears of War, Star Wars: Republic Commando)!

• SCARLETT commands the G.I. JOE team!

• The world will always need the G.I. JOE team -- right?!

• Ask your retailer about the David Williams variant cover, connecting to variants for issues 1, 3 and 4!

1936537362?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936539296?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936541483?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544392?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936547426?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936549764?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180GODZILLA: CATACLYSM #3

1801319014?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801319304?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801287899?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art/Cover: DAVE WACHTER

Subscription Variant: BOB EGGLETON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Hiroshi’s tribe debates how to best avert the wraith of the rising monster, unaware that they may have already brought doom upon themselves! As monsters battle in the skies above, the choice Hiroshi makes will have profound affects on the future of humanity!

1936551959?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936554734?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936557035?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936559237?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936562504?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564467?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180GODZILLA: RULERS OF THE EARTH #17

1936566547?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: CHRIS MOWRY

Art/Cover: JEFF ZORNOW

Subscription Variant: MATT FRANK

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Government experiments with new forms of energy bring unintended consequences... in the form of SpaceGodzilla! Before he returns to Earth, he’ll have to do battle with an unexpected foe! Meanwhile, Godzilla has his hands full with a monster he’s never fought before!

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936569281?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936571462?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936574470?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936576774?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578896?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936582041?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• JUDGE DREDD: ANDERSON, PSI-DIVISION #3

1801397255?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801397399?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936469833?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: MATT SMITH

Art: CARL CRITCHLOW

Cover: MATT HALEY

Subscription Variant: MIMI YOON

Variant: NICK PERCIVAL

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

In an all-new adventure from Cassandra Anderson’s early days in Psi-Division, writer Matt Smith and artist Carl Critchlow present “King of the Six Sectors.” The theft of Cursed Earth artifacts has led Anderson deep into the swamplands near Texas City, where she grapples with mutant creatures and a heart of darkness ... plus, Judge Dredd!

1936471974?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936474332?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936476505?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936478595?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936480863?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936482876?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE LAST UNICORN (TPB)

1936485045?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: PETER S. BEAGLE, PETER B. GILLIS

Art/Cover: RENAE DE LIZ

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 168 pages

The best-selling graphic novel of the adaptation of Peter S. Beagle's novel with art by Renae De Liz. The Last Unicorn is a tale for any age about the wonders of magic, the power of love, and the tragedy of loss. A unicorn, alone in her enchanted wood, discovers that she may be the last of her kind. Reluctant at first, she sets out on a journey to find her fellow unicorns.

“Beagle’s sumptuously descriptive writing, adapted ably by Gillis, casts a spell throughout, while De Liz’s glowing, painterly artwork meshes perfectly with the haunting otherworldly beauty of the story.”  -- Publishers Weekly

THE MAXX: MAXXIMIZED #12

1936400589?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: SAM KIETH, WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEBS

Art/Cover: SAM KIETH

Subscription Variant: SAM KIETH

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Up on a roof-top, an alienated boy named Harry seeks out Mr. Gone to learn how he might gain power. Meanwhile, Maxx breaks into Gone's lair and is distraught by clues on a series of tapes Gone made for Sarah. Back on the roof, Gone's advice for Harry meets with disastrous results -- for Mr. Gone.

1936485191?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936487833?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936490251?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936492707?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936495610?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936498242?profile=RESIZE_180x180
    1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDS FOREVER #10

1936501081?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936503280?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRISTINA RICE

Art: AGNES GARBOWSKA

Cover: AMY MEBBERSON

Subscription Variant: AGNES GARBOWSKA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Fluttershy gets an unexpected visit from the most aggressive guy around, Iron Will! Can Fluttershy teach the minotaur the benefits of a more gentle demeanor?

1936506022?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936508359?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936510501?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936512771?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936515211?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936517335?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROT & RUIN #2

1936519548?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936519737?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JONATHAN MABERRY

Art: TONY VARGAS

Cover: ALEX RONALD

Subscription Variant: ROBERT SACCHETTO

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 

The dead rose, we fell. The zombie apocalypse happened fifteen years ago, when Benny Imura was just a baby. Now he and his friends are witnessing the horrors of what happened to the world after doomsday. NY Times best-selling author and multiple Bram Stoker award-winner, Jonathan Maberry, continues an all-new tale set in the world of the Rot & Ruin!

• Official new stories set in the hit Rot & Ruin prose novel series!

• Part two of the five part arc Warrior Smart, tying directly into the novels!

• Written by multiple Bram Stoker Award winner, Jonathan Maberry!

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936522179?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936524633?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936527130?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936529470?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532102?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534142?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAMURAI JACK #13

1936536317?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JIM ZUB

Art: ANDY SURIANO, ETHEN BEAVERS

Cover: ANDY SURIANO

Subscription Variant: GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Weak and exhausted, the fugitive samurai known only as "Jack" is running out of hope. Will anyone come to his aid or is this the end of his lifelong mission? The "Quest of the Broken Blade" storyline kicks into high gear!

1936536432?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936539518?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936541626?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936543956?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936545888?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548188?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180

SUPER SECRET CRISIS WAR!: COW & CHICKEN #1

1936551048?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936553042?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: JIM ZUB, LOUISE SIMONSON

Art: JORGE MONLONGO, DEREK CHARM

Cover: JORGE MONLONGO

Subscription Variant: ETHEN BEAVERS

Variant: ANDREW KOLB

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Cow's strange new robotic visitor from parts unknown has Chicken feeling overlooked and ignored. Our foul-tempered fowl is looking for options and the Red Guy is more than happy to oblige ...

A special connecting cover – collect all 5 subscription variant covers of the Super Secret Crisis War one-shots, they make one HUGE image!

The fourth of five one-shots tying directly into the Super Secret Crisis War!

1936555198?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936557090?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936559233?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936561406?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564112?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936566476?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS #1

1936470068?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: ERIK BURNHAM, TOM WALTZ

Art/Cover: DAN SCHOENING

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

When a new invention goes haywire, the Turtles are sent to a whole new type of New York City. One with a whole lot more ghosts ... and Ghostbusters! The two teams will have to learn to get along quickly, because a new foe from the Turtles past has followed them and aims to conquer NYC!

1936472684?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936475437?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936478333?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936480836?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936484674?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936486905?profile=RESIZE_180x180
    1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: PRIMACY #3 (of 4)

1936489100?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: CHRIS METZEN, FLINT DILLE

Art/Cover: LIVIO RAMONDELLI

Subscription Variant: SARAH STONE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

CYBERTRON AT WAR! The giant city-sized Titans, METROPLEX and TRYPTICON, battle on a scale the universe has never seen—and the destruction they leave in their wake leaves CYBERTRON ready for the DECEPTICONS to strike!

• The End of the Beginning of the TRANSFORMERS Saga!

• The early, brutal days of the war for CYBERTRON

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936491044?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936493640?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936495933?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936498317?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936501322?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936505132?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #34

1936507525?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936509962?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOHN BARBER

Art: LIVIO RAMONDELLI, ANDREW GRIFFITH

Subscription Variant: CASEY W. COLLIER

30th Anniversary Variant: KEN CHRISTIANSEN

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

THE ENIGMA! At las … the secret origins of CYBERTRON’s golden age are revealed to OPTIMUS PRIME -- and what he learns changes everything about the AUTOBOTS’ mission on Earth!:

The greatest secret in AUTOBOT history? Or the greatest secret anywhere? You decide!

1936512510?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936517360?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936520091?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936522261?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936524507?profile=RESIZE_180x180

V-WARS BLOOD AND FIRE PROSE (HC)

1936526646?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: KEVIN J. ANDERSON & Various

Art/Cover: NA

$24.99

It's been one year since a virus triggered junk DNA and people all over the world started changing. Becoming something else. Craving blood. It's been ten months since the word "vampire" stopped being something from old monster stories and Hollywood movies. It's been six months since our world and theirs erupted into war. It's been two months since an uneasy peace was signed. It's been one hour since that peace was shattered. The war is here again. The vampire war. Our world will burn. Our world will bleed. When anyone can turn, when every street is a battlefield, there is nowhere to run.

1801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-FILES SEASON 10 #17

1936528774?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JOE HARRIS

Art: COLIN LORIMER

Cover: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

"Immaculate," Part 2 of 2: An abortion clinic bombing has led Scully and Mulder to investigate a right-wing extremist group helmed by a teenage girl who claims to hear the voice of God in her head. But her actions are far from heavenly. ... Plus, a special guest star you'll never see coming!

1936529366?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936531493?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936533736?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936535971?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936538358?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936540396?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801315415?profile=RESIZE_180x180The X-Files: Year Zero #4 (of 5)

1936542418?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: KARL KESEL

Art: VIC MALHOTRA

Cover: CARLOS VALENZUELA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Prophetic messages to the FBI from a mysterious “Mr. Zero” have convinced Mulder that it is the same otherworldly entity that led to the establishment of “the X-Files”!

I feel kinda bad that I'm not snarking on any of these IDW titles, but I'm not current on any of them, so I don't feel I have the right to comment.

Yes, I'm so Type A I even have rules for how I insult people!

1936544296?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936546620?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548732?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936550944?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936553423?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936555567?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• IMAGE COMICS

DEAD@17: THE BLASPHEMY THRONE #3 (of 7)

STK652800.jpg?width=250Story / Art / Cover: JOSH HOWARD

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

A long-awaited reunion with an old friend becomes bittersweet when Nara discovers the true depths of Pitch’s evil.

I really like this kind of art -- clean, a little cartoony, with a consistent world -- but it's kinda inappropriate for the subject matter, dontcha think?

1936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE DREAM MERCHANT #5 (of 6)

439afb4d-9823-49ad-bfca-dc7a6b12073c.jpg?width=250Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: KONSTANTIN NOVOSADOV

$3.99

The dark fantasy series from Nathan Edmondson (WHO IS JAKE ELLIS?, GENESIS) and Konstantin Novosadov returns this October in issue #5 when Winslow’s dreams begin to unravel and his nightmares swiftly surface.

Tormented by recurring dreams, Winslow is hunted by mysterious beings and protected by an old traveler. Soon Winslow realizes the power and prophetic nature of his dreams and the danger their knowledge puts him in. Strange entities are after him, and they will not rest until they put a stop to the clues his dreams provide about information that world was meant to forget—even if it means erasing his mind.

“Winslow’s dream has become a nightmare, and behind that nightmare is a truth more terrible than imagination,” hinted Edmondson. “Winslow is about to find out how important his dream truly is—and what it will cost to protect humanity from its origins.” 

Comic Bastards calls THE DREAM MERCHANT “amazing to watch,” so don’t miss out on the concluding issues of a personal story that has grown into a wild and epic thriller.

1936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936476821?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936478811?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936478978?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180

d490d4d3-eb46-42f9-8ba7-102d52048404.jpg?width=1501936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180DRUMHELLAR #10

STK652803.jpg?width=250Story: RILEY ROSSMO & ALEX LINK

Art / Cover: RILEY ROSSMO

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

Drum strikes a deal that might keep him alive, but at what cost? The consequences ripple across time and space to affect the living, the dead, and the unborn alike, and Drum learns he might be a pawn in a game of cosmic proportions. Well, at least it’s barbecue season ...

1936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180ELEPHANTMEN #60

elephantmen_60.jpg?width=250Story: RICHARD STARKINGS

Art: AXEL MEDELLIN

Cover: Boo Cook

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

Our 60th issue celebrates the Wedding of Obadiah Horn and Sahara.

1936479069?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479203?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479197?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180FIVE GHOSTS #13

6f906533-6d39-4120-9757-24209888e657.jpg?width=250Story: FRANK J. BARBIERE

Art / Cover: CHRIS MOONEYHAM

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

BRAND NEW STORY ARC!

“MONSTERS & MEN,” Part One

Co-creators Frank J. Barbiere, Chris Mooneyham and colorist Lauren Affe return for the beginning of an all-new story arc for FIVE GHOSTS. “Monsters & Men” begins on 10/15 with issue #13, just in time for New York Comic Con. This new arc will bring the acclaimed action adventure series to Eastern Europe and establish a new element of horror to the series. The series is also in development for a television series with Universal.

The new FIVE GHOSTS story arc features an assortment of famous monsters and literary figures. “Most notably the new arc will bring Fabian face-to-face with the legendary demon hunter Van Helsing,” hinted Barbiere. “Issue #13 will serve as a great jumping-on point and has been made fully returnable for all Diamond retailers.” The issue will also feature a blank sketch cover, available to all retailers to order, as well as a number of exciting retailer exclusive variants.

In addition to its continued success in the comic world, FIVE GHOSTS has been optioned by Universal Television and is in development for a television series.  The project has acclaimed screenwriter Evan Daugherty (Snow White and the Huntsmen, Divergent, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) attached as a writer and is being produced by Black Mask Studios and Benderspink. FIVE GHOSTS will also be branching out into new media endeavors over the next year with partners Black Mask Studios.

1936479285?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936479522?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479549?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479758?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936479699?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180GONERS #1

bee751d9-9d56-495b-badf-d5e3879a0aac.jpg?width=250Story: JACOB SEMAHN

Art / Cover: JORGE CORONA

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

“WE ALL FALL DOWN,” Part One

Writer Jacob Semahn (Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man), artist Jorge Corona (Teen Titans Go!) team up for GONERS, a bold new historical fantasy mystery about a very peculiar family, the Latimer Family, who have been humanity’s lone defense against paranormal assault throughout history.

From the colonization of Roanoke to the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Latimer Family throughout the centuries have been the famous first line of defense against all that go bump in the night. The modern-day progenitor, Raleigh Latimer, and his wife, Evelyn Latimer, have turned the family tradition into a profitable brand. Selling life rights and starring in their own reality show, the Latimers have found a way to fund their endeavors against those that would try to overthrow humanity. But on a routine case, Raleigh and Evelyn are murdered on live television, while their children, Josiah and Zoe, are left helpless to watch. With a widening power vacuum, devils and opportunists alike hunt the ill-prepared child detectives for a sound byte or simply … a chomp.

“‘Oh, God. I’ve become my father.’ This is a line we’ve all heard before. Something that creeps up in the back of one’s brain and surprises them with the familiarity of the actions taken,” said Semahn. “Goners explores the themes of commitment and family. How far should one blindly follow those that came before? Be it soldier. Radical. Socialite. We all bear the weight of lineage. Some more than others. But it’s there. Waiting to bubble up.”

"It’s an epic adventure wrapped in ghosts and monsters,” explained Corona. “It takes me back to my childhood, to the movies and cartoons I grew up with. And that is exactly where I’m taking inspiration for the art. Jake did a beautiful job plotting and orchestrating this story, as soon as I’m done with each issue I can’t wait to get the next script. From the beginning Jake and I agreed that we wanted to give the story more than just a narrative style but also a very specific look for the art. It’s a modern day story with a lot of classic horror and science fiction imagery to create a world that resembles ours but hides secrets behind every wall."

GONERS invites readers into a world where the mythic co-exists with the mortal, and offers an alternative history where wars, civil rights, and scientific innovation are shown through a warped supernatural mirror.

1936481877?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936484071?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936484177?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936486118?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936486149?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180LAZARUS #12

STK652814.jpg?width=250Story: GREG RUCKA

Art: MICHAEL LARK

Cover: OWEN FREEMAN

OCTOBER 15 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

“CONCLAVE,” Part Two

The rulers of the world have gathered in high-security luxury, and now every Family is vying for advantage. Joacquim Morray makes his intentions known to Forever, and Jakob Hock advances his plan to destroy the Carlyle Family once and for all.

1936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936488475?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936488634?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936488723?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936490735?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180ODDLY NORMAL #2

STK652822.jpg?width=250STK652974.jpg?width=2501936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story / Art / Cover A: OTIS FRAMPTON

Cover B: ROB GUILLORY

32 PAGES / FC / E / $2.99

Oddly Normal's parents and house may have vanished off the face of the earth, but things go from bad to weird when her dotty Great Aunt arrives on the scene.

1936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936492800?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936492935?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936494981?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #1 (5TH PTG)

STK660416.jpg?width=250Writer ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art: PAUL AZACETA, ELIZABETH BREITWEISER

Cover: PAUL AZACETA

32 PGS / $2.99

Robert Kirkman and Paul Azaceta are poised for another industry-wide, entertainment breakthrough success with their hot new series OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA. The first issue has sold out instantly, for a fourth time, and Skybound/Image Comics has rushed the hot new horror comic back to print.

Cinemax has greenlit OUTCAST for a pilot episode with Kirkman confirmed to executive produce the series, a role he also holds for the wildly successful AMC television adaptation of THE WALKING DEAD.

OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #1 boasts a special double-sized first issue for just $2.99, and introduces Kyle Barnes, a man with a tragic past and a horrifying gift. Kirkman and Azaceta explore demonic possession and incorporate a subtle creeping terror that harkens to that of classic horror stories.

The demand for the series continues to gain speed and is expected to draw in even more readers as further news of the television series hits mainstream media.

For fans of digital editions, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #1 remains available for purchase across all platforms, including the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com), the official Image Comics iOS app, Comixology’s website (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play.

REVIVAL #24

STK652976.jpg?width=250Story: TIM SEELEY

Art: MIKE NORTON

Cover: JENNY FRISON

32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

After a long hard winter, Spring has finally come. But as the snow melts, what twisted secrets will be uncovered?

I think another reason I like Frison's work is because she immbues a lot of people and objects in her work with an internal light, like the snow and skull here.

1936474556?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936476522?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936476541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHELTERED #12

Sheltered_12.jpg?width=250Story: ED BRISSON

Art / Cover: JOHNNIE CHRISTMAS

SEPTEMBER 3 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

The countdown to the end continues.

The outside world is closing in and the two factions fighting within the gates of Safe Haven have turned their sanctuary into a war zone. The end of the world is now the LEAST of their concerns.

1801275644?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936478663?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936480725?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936482878?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180STARLIGHT #6

Starlight_06.jpg?width=250STK650403.jpg?width=2501801243519?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: MARK MILLAR

Art: GORAN PARLOV

Cover A: JOHN CASSADAY

Cover B: CLIFF CHIANG

40 PAGES / FC / M / $4.99

Duke, Space-Boy, and their rebel friends face off in their final, defining battle against the Brotean regime. But there's been a traitor in their midst, and their plans aren't all they're cracked up to be. It's not only their lives in the balance, but the future of the entire planet Tantalus. Millar and Parlov's space epic concludes here!

1936484998?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936486986?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936489108?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936489278?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180STRAY BULLETS: KILLERS #8

STK652832.jpg?width=250Story / Art / Cover: DAVID LAPHAM

32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50

Spanish Scott, The Finger Man, Beth, Ron, Monster, Mike Hussey...These are just a few of the killers Virginia Applejack has known in her short life. The effect of knowing this collection of cutthroats has never been fully realized until now. As her safe place falls apart, Virginia realizes that the unraveling of her life began with one person, one incident, long buried. To put it right—to excise the cancer eating at her soul and cursing those around her—she may have to do the unthinkable. Virginia Applejack may have to add her own name to her long list of KILLERS.

1801275644?profile=RESIZE_180x180

THE WALKING DEAD #133

STK652982.jpg?width=250Story: ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN

Cover: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

32 PAGES / BW / M / $2.99

Impending Doom.

1801275644?profile=RESIZE_180x180

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #5

9a4c0ac5-dacd-4d4d-8b3e-b5cd5f97dffd.jpg?width=250STK652842.jpg?width=2501801275644?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: KIERON GILLEN

Art / Cover: JAMIE MCKELVIE & MATT WILSON

Variant: Becky Cloonan

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

Showtime.

Image Comics is pleased to reveal a very special variant cover by artist Becky Cloonan (SOUTHERN CROSS, Demeter) for Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie’s THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #5. Cloonan’s interpretation of Baphomet and The Morrigan sizzles and will be available to order with Diamond Code AUG148290.

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #5 marks the end of the first story arc and is an action-packed finale that will rip the rug out from underneath readers who thought they’d had everything figured out. It’s showtime.

"Put it like this: it's the climax of the first story,” said Gillen. “It's the climax. The aim is to let loose those martian-metal fireworks in your head and burn it into your cortex forever. If people open up your skull they'll find I REALLY LIKED THE END OF THE FIRST THE WICKED + THE DIVINE STORY written on your grey matter in neat letters. That's what we're shooting at. We can't wait for people to read it."

1936491096?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936493133?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936495120?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936497051?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936497332?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180WILDFIRE #4

Wildfire_04_A.jpg?width=250Wildfire_04_B.jpg?width=2501801275644?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: MATT HAWKINS

Art / cover A: LINDA SEJIC

Cover B: STJEPAN SEJIC

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

The conclusion of the inaugural Wildfire arc! The government is prepared to firebomb Los Angeles to prevent the spread of the genetically altered plants that are growing out of control and destroying the city. How will Dan Miller stop what he’s helped unleash and the government from destroying LA?

1936499457?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936499445?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936501620?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936501720?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936501840?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936503995?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936346742?profile=RESIZE_180x180ZERO #11

STK652983.jpg?width=250STK652984.jpg?width=2501801275644?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: ALES KOT

Art: RICARDO LOPEZ ORTIZ & JORDIE BELLAIRE

Cover A: RICARDO LOPEZ ORTIZ & TOM MULLER

Cover B: SARAH HORROCKS & TOM MULLER

OCTOBER 22 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Iceland, one year later. Zero's past comes knocking.

1936506024?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936506136?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936508230?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936508390?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936508561?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936510451?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• MARVEL COMICS

ALIAS OMNIBUS (NEW PTG HC)

STK644356.jpg?width=250Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art: MICHAEL GAYDOS

Cover: DAVID MACK

Mature / $99.99

Meet Jessica Jones. Once upon a time, she was a costumed super hero. But not a very good one. Now a chain-smoking, self-destructive alcoholic, Jessica is the owner and sole employee of Alias Investigations -- a small, private-investigative firm specializing in superhuman cases. This deluxe hardcover collects all 28 issues of super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis' ALIAS -- plus all-new, behind-the-scenes bonus material compiled in conjunction with the writer himself! In her inaugural arc, Jessica's life immediately becomes expendable when she uncovers the potentially explosive secret of one hero's true identity. But her wit, charm and intelligence just may help her survive through another day. Thrust into the midst of a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels, has Jessica burned too many bridges to turn to old friends for help? Plus: Jessica travels to upstate New York to investigate the disappearance of a teenage girl rumored to be a mutant in a prejudiced small town; goes on a date with the Astonishing Ant-Man; teams up with Jessica Drew; the original Spider-Woman; and confronts the demons of her past! Collects ALIAS #1-28 and WHAT IF JESSICA JONES HAD JOINED THE AVENGERS?

One of the cool conceits of this series is that Jessica-the-train-wreck in the present is drawn by David Mack at his grittiest, while flashbacks to Jessica-the-superhero in the past are drawn by Mark Bagley at his cleanest and brightest.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW GHOST RIDER #8

1801341963?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: FELIPE SMITH

Art/Cover: DAMION SCOTT

DEADPOOL 75th VARIANT COVER BY TBA

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

GHOST RIDER VS. GHOST RIDER:

OLD SCHOOL VS. NEW SCHOOL!

• Age vs. Youth, East vs. West, Car vs. Motorcycle!

• Can All-New Ghost Rider stand up to the Spirit of Vengeance or will Robbie lose his soul in the battle?!

• Guest starring the ORIGINAL Ghost Rider, JOHNNY BLAZE!!!

Geez, every time they revamp Ghost Rider, you can set your clock for when Johnny Blaze is going to show up! That guy needs a hobby!

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW INVADERS #11

1801331323?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JAMES ROBINSON

Art: STEVE PUGH

Cover by MICHAEL KOMARCK

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

CELEBRATING THE 75th ANNIVERSARY OF THE HUMAN TORCH AND SUB-MARINER WITH AN EPIC BATTLE!

• JIM HAMMOND, THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH has been driven mad by the events of Issue #10. Now it’s up to NAMOR to stop his rampage!

• Plus the return of RADIANCE and the ALL-NEW IRON CROSS!

• And in England, SPITFIRE and UNION JACK must face a different kind of INVADER ...

Oh, please. Jim Hammond "driven mad"? AGAIN?

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #15

1801286907?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: PETER DAVID

Art: CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO

Cover by KRIS ANKA & JARED FLETCHER

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

AXIS TIE-IN!

• Washington is burning!

• Will Serval Enterprises’ X-Factor put out the fire?

• Or will they watch it burn?

Peter David says this book is being canceled because it didn't sell well, not due to any over-arching X-plans. I blame all the ochre covers.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8

1801313508?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art/Cover: GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Variant Cover by RYAN OTTLEY

32 PGS./Rated T / $3.99

• Step over the EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE!

• MC2 Spider-Girl finds herself and her family under attack from the mysterious forces behind Spider-Verse!

• Ms. Marvel gets Spider-Man out of a jam.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING X-MEN #12

1801357689?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: CRAIG KYLE & CHRIS YOST

Art/Cover: CARLO BARBERI

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

• This is it! The conclusion to WORLD WAR WENDIGO!

• Will the combined forces of the X-Men and Alpha Flight be enough to save an entire nation from this deadly, cannibalistic plague?

• And how do the GREAT BEASTS fit into the mayhem that surrounds Canada?

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS #37

1801307415?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art: STEFANO CASELLI

Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

IN 7 MONTHS … TIME RUNS OUT!

I know it's supposed to suggest a Greek helmet, but HAIR! LOOKS! STUPID!

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #3 (OF 9)

1936478804?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936481068?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936481087?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936483129?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art: LEINIL FRANCIS YU

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Young Guns Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

Inversion Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

On-Sale – 10/22/14

ACT I: THE RED SUPREMACY

• With the heroes lost, the world’s fate lies in the hands of the vilest syndicate known to man.

• Scarlet Witch is forced to join Dr. Doom, the man who unleashed her power to cause M-Day, or she will watch those she loves most die.

• The return of one of the Marvel Universe’s great villains!

• An Avenger quits, a heart is broken and the world as we know it is gone.

It all comes crashing down. Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look inside AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #3, the next blockbuster chapter in the premier comics event of the fall. Superstar creators Rick Remender and Leinil Yu present your first look at the apocalyptic conclusion to Act I: The Red Supremacy as teams splinter, hearts are broken, and the fragile alliance of A and X shatters once more!

Though they now stand united against a common foe, their fragile alliance is not enough to stem the darkness. Coupled with the powers of Charles Xavier, the Red Skull’s terror knows no bounds. Battered and broken, the few surviving heroes must put their faith in unlikely allies, and give rise to the most vile syndicate known to man. Can the Red Skull be defeated? And at what cost? Would you destroy the Red Skull if it meant losing the very last piece of Charles Xavier?

As one of the last remaining heroes, the Scarlet Witch is forced to join forces with Dr. Doom -- the man who twisted and abused her power to cause M-Day. If she can’t, she’ll have to watch those she loves most die. And a twist of fate will return one of the Marvel Universe’s greatest villains from beyond.

The world as we know it is gone. The Inversion is here. Don’t miss AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #3!

1936485226?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936487141?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936489248?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936491161?profile=RESIZE_180x180AXIS: HOBGOBLIN #1 (OF 3)

1801275029?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: KEVIN SHINICK

Art/Cover: JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

AXIS TIE-IN!

• Roderick Kingsley, the one and only Original Hobgoblin, is back in the suit (for real this time! We swear!) and back in New York with a brand new mission.

Robot Chicken writer Kevin Shinick (Superior Carnage, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up) and fan favorite artist Javier Rodriguez (Daredevil) team up to bring you a Hobgoblin book unlike any you’ve ever seen!

As the Red Skull’s terrifying influence spreads, the merciless and cold-blooded Kingsley finds himself back in New York with a new mission. One that will bring out a side of the Hobgoblin you’ve never seen before!

“Two of the biggest Spidey villains get their own books? There must be something crazy going on!” says Senior Editor Nick Lowe. “AXIS is huge and Rick Remender and Adam Kubert have so much awesome going on, we in the Spidey office wanted to get involved.”1801269913?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936491195?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936491331?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936493423?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801269913?profile=RESIZE_180x180CYCLOPS #6

1801352280?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: GREG RUCKA

Art: JAVIER GARRON

Cover by ALEX LOZANO

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

• Get ready as new series artist Javier Garron makes his Marvel debut!

• RESCUED! But by who? And is it really a rescue … or does this put Scott at greater risk than before? And what bounty are they hunting?

• Lots of shooting and things blowing up!

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL #36

1801277538?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936493517?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801275657?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936495536?profile=RESIZE_180x180Clearly, the cover at upper right is an homage to Marvel Comics #1 from 1939 (left).

Writers: GERRY DUGGAN & BRIAN POSEHN

Art: MIKE HAWTHORNE

Cover by David Nakayama

32 PGS./Parental Advisory / $3.99

AXIS TIE-IN!

• Oh, man ... you know that totally secret thing that’s gonna happen in AXIS?

• Yeah -- that’s totally gonna affect Deadpool!

DEATH OF WOLVERINE: THE LOGAN LEGACY #2 (OF 7)

1936495612?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936495741?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936495955?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: TIM SEELEY

Art/Cover: ARIELA KRISTANTINA

Canada Variant by ARIELA KRISTANTINA

32 PGS./Parental Advisory / $3.99

On-Sale 10/22/14

• Featuring X-23!

• When X-23 learns about the death of the man who has meant so much to her, who has shaped her purpose, her motivations, her LIFE … will she revel in the fact that her mission is over, or will she go ROGUE?

• And what does this mean for her relationship with the All-New X-Men?

From the ashes of Death of Wolverine comes a new beginning. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at DEATH OF WOLVERINE: THE LOGAN LEGACY #2, the next of 7-issue interconnected one-shots exploring the gaping hole left in the Marvel Universe following the loss of one of its greatest heroes. Focusing on X-23, fan favorite writer Tim Seeley and newcomer Ariela Kristantina chronicle the tale of anger and loss as Wolverine’s surrogate daughter grapples with the death of the man who has shaped her purpose and meant so much to her. Only his death was not the end, and the mission isn’t over. It’s only just beginning as the young mutant prepares for the next phase of her journey. What does this mean for her relationship with the All-New X-Men? Find out when X-23 faces a world without Wolverine in DEATH OF WOLVERINE: THE LOGAN LEGACY #2!

"When X-23 learns about the death of the man who has meant so much to her ..."

Wait, how much time did X-23 actually spend with Wolverine? I'm not trying to be snarky, but my vague recollection is that they felt uncomfortable with each other. I don't recall them ever being in the same book for any length of time. Did I miss something?

But, sure, I full understand that if you can justify putting "Wolverine" in a title, Marvel's going to do it. It's just that all this weeping and hand-wringing and hair-pulling over an unlikable, hairy runt who ran a death squad is setting my teeth on edge. Yeah, he was popular with readers, but how popular was he in the Marvel Universe? Not very, I used to think.

1936496064?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936496326?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936498137?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• 1801269913?profile=RESIZE_180x180EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #1 (2ND PTG)

1936475433?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by DAVID HINE & FABRICE SAPOLSKY

Art & Cover by RICHARD ISANOVE

32 PGS / $3.99

The biggest Spider-Man event of all time is just around the corner, and critics and fans can’t get enough Spider-Verse! Today, Marvel is proud to announce that EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #1, the return of Spider-Man Noir, has sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level). To meet demand, EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #1 will immediately head back to press for a second printing, available in early October. Writers David Hine, Fabrice Sapolsky and artist Richard Isanove return to the grit and gristle of NYC circa 1939 for the return of fan-favorite Spider-Man Noir? But will his return be short lived? Spider-Verse looms on the horizon, and Spider-Men and Spider-Women from every universe are being targeted.

Edge of Spider-Verse brings you five brand new one shots spanning multiple universes and the Spider-powered heroes who inhabit them. No fan can afford to miss the opening salvo of Spider-Verse that has critics raving!

“Isanove creates incredibly moody and haunting environments, which makes him a perfect fit for a story of this sort” – IGN Comics

“Absolutely worth checking out” – Comic Vine

“Edge of Spider-Verse couldn’t have kicked this off in a better manner” – Multiversity Comics

The pieces are moving into place, and now is your chance to jump on board the biggest Spider-Man event of all time. It will take thousands of Spider-Men and Spider-Women to battle back Morlun, and Spider-Man Noir is just the beginning. Don’t miss one moment of the action when EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #1 returns for a second printing this October!

For more on Spider-Verse, visit Marvel.com and join in on the conversation on Twitter using #SpiderVerse.

FIGMENT #4 (2ND PTG)

STK659658.jpg?width=250Writer: JIM ZUB

Art: FILIPE ANDRADE

Cover: JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

32 PGS / $3.99

Revealing the origins of two of Disney's most imaginative characters! This is it: The action-packed conclusion of the all-new steampunk fantasy story exploring the never-before-revealed first adventure of the inventor known as Dreamfinder and his famous dragon Figment! Clockwork Control invades London while Blair and Figment are trapped within the Nightmare Nation! Our intrepid explorers must find the power to escape or be lost inside their deepest fears forever! Acclaimed creators Jim Zub (Skullkickers) and Filipe Andrade (Captain Marvel) give a Marvel spin to the mind-expanding attraction Journey Into Imagination!

1801269913?profile=RESIZE_180x180HULK VOL. 1: BANNER DOA (TPB)

1936365340?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by MARK WAID

Penciled by MARK BAGLEY

Cover by JEROME OPENA

120 PGS / Rated T / $17.99

An all-new direction for the Hulk! Following the shocking events of the INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK finale, Bruce Banner lies at death’s door, shot in the head by an unknown assailant. If he survives, it won’t be as the Bruce Banner we’ve known! Only the Hulk can save Banner -- if he even wants to! How will the Hulk wreak vengeance on Banner’s attacker? How can he? As a new threat enters the scene, Banner goes to a dark place -- and he could drag the Avengers right along with him! To stop the Hulk from destroying the Avengers, a dangerous plan is put into play. What forbidden knowledge will Tony Stark use to attempt to cure Banner’s brain damage? And even if the cure works, what will it cost? Experience a whole new twist in Hulk history! Collecting HULK (2014) #1-4 and ANNUAL #1.

1801275657?profile=RESIZE_180x180IRON PATRIOT: UNBREAKABLE (TPB)

1936393143?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by ALES KOT

Penciled by GARRY BROWN

Cover by GARRY BROWN

120 PGS./Rated T+ / $16.99

Jim Rhodes has quit the Secret Avengers! As the Iron Patriot, he’s taking charge alone and bringing his fight against the bad guys to the home front. But when someone else takes control of the Iron Patriot suit, a new villain emerges with a brutal plan that could turn Rhodey into America’s most wanted! Who is controlling the suit? Will Iron Patriot be forced to execute the horrible deed his puppet-masters have planned -- or will Jim Rhodes die? Or both?! As the conspiracy to destroy America from within grows, Rhodey’s family dances on the edge. Can Lila turn the tide? Will she survive long enough to? Losses on both sides multiply as the country spirals toward a new future -- and nothing will ever be the same! Collecting IRON PATRIOT #1-5.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL 100TH ANNIVERSARY (TPB)

1936409556?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JAMES STOKOE, SEAN RYAN, JEN VAN METER & ANDY LANNING

Penciled by JOANNA ESTEP, IN-HYUK LEE, JAMES STOKOE & GUSTAVO DUARTE

Cover by DAVID LOPEZ

112 PGS./Rated T+ / $16.99

A remarkable artifact from the future of Marvel Comics! What happens when Marvel’s favorite heroes hit the centennial mark? It’s 2061, and the world of the Fantastic Four has been turned upside-down, complete with the granddaughter of Doom and the Richards-Banner twins! It’s 100 years after Spider-Man’s creation, and the Kingpin has stolen Spidey’s ultra-powerful techno-symbiote suit! Have the X-Men of 2061 achieved Xavier’s dream of mutants and humans living in harmony? How will the Avengers of 2061 cope following the failed Badoon invasion of Earth and America’s disappearance into the Negative Zone? And just in time for the release of their seventh epic motion picture, the Guardians of the Galaxy take on the Silver Galactus! Collecting 100TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL: FANTASTIC FOUR, SPIDER-MAN, X-MEN, AVENGERS and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180NEW WARRIORS #11

1801339227?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: CHRISTOPHER YOST

Art: MARCUS TO

Cover by TAKESHI MIYAZAWA

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $3.99

JUDGMENT HAS COME FOR HUMANITY – AND THE NEW WARRIORS!

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180ORIGINAL SIN: HULK VS. IRON MAN (TPB)

1936409691?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by MARK WAID & KIERON GILLEN

Penciled by MARK BAGLEY & LUKE ROSS

Cover by J.G. JONES

112 PGS / Rated T+ / $16.99

In the wake of the Watcher’s murder, the Marvel Universe’s greatest secrets are being revealed! And there’s one secret so big, so green, so earth-shattering that it will shake a seminal Avengers’ relationship to its core. As everyone knows, Bruce Banner was transformed into the Hulk after he was caught in the explosion of an experimental gamma bomb. But could billionaire weapons manufacturer Tony Stark have been responsible for the accident all along? A startling new development threatens the love/hate relationship you’ve been following on screen and in comics as Mark Waid and Kieron Gillen’s blockbuster writing runs on HULK and IRON MAN come to their colossal conclusions! Collecting ORIGINAL SIN #3.1-3.4.

I think I'll actually order this. Looks like fun.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180SECRET AVENGERS #9

1801336973?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: ALES KOT

Art: MICHAEL WALSH

Cover by TRADD MOORE

Deadpool 75th Variant Cover by TBA

32 PGS / Rated T+ / $3.99

• TLÖN? TLÖN! How many more secrets are going to be uncovered? In this issue? Like, right now? MANY!

• Hawkeye and Deadpool work together to stop a deranged mullet-wearing ex-wrestler! But Deadpool has a SECRET!

• Maria Hill figures things out! DOOMED ESCAPE ATTEMPT! DESPERATE SCIENTIST! LAST HOPE! Erhmagerd, is BLACK WIDOW alive?

This cover appears to be an homage to Michelangelo's "The Creation of Adam" on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel!

1936478282?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180SECRET AVENGERS VOL. 1: LET’S HAVE A PROBLEM (TPB)

1936391231?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by ALES KOT

Penciled by MICHAEL WALSH & RYAN KELLY

Cover by TRADD MOORE

144 PGS / Rated T+ / $17.99

The new SECRET AVENGERS kick things off with a blast -- three missions at the same time! Falling S.H.I.E.L.D. satellites endanger Earth! A post-nuclear warhead goes missing in the Middle East! And the Fury -- yes, the unstoppable super-hero-killing machine that menaced Captain Britain -- reappears deep inside Chinese territory! Can Hawkeye, Black Widow and Spider-Woman save Nick Fury and Phil Coulson from dying horribly in space? Will a wounded Maria Hill figure out what her uneasy ally M.O.D.O.K. is up to? Do the Secret Avengers have a prayer against the Fury? As death hits the Helicarrier, Black Widow faces Lady Bullseye -- and Coulson goes rogue! Plus: Before he joined the Secret Avengers, agent Nick Fury disobeyed a direct order. Now, his Original Sin has come back to haunt him! Hail Hydra! Collecting SECRET AVENGERS #1-5 and ORIGINAL SIN: SECRET AVENGERS INFINITE COMIC #1-2.

Is this the same Secret Avengers as the title above? This title has been rebooted so many times I've kinda lost track of which series I've read and which I haven't.

1936476255?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHE-HULK #9

1801341826?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: CHARLES SOULE

Art: JAVIER PULIDO

Cover by KEVIN WADA

32 PGS./Rated T+ / $2.99

THE GOOD OLD DAYS, PART 2

• It’s Jennifer Walters versus Matt Murdock in the trial of the century!

• Someone from Cap’s past has come back to haunt them all ... and She-Hulk might be his only hope.

• Guest starring Steve Rogers and Daredevil

One of the effects of aging that they never warn you about is that your shield shrinks.

1936478557?profile=RESIZE_180x180SILVER SURFER VOL 1: NEW DAWN (TPB)

STK652973.jpg?width=250Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art/Cover: MICHAEL ALLRED

Rated T+ / $17.99

The universe is big. Bigger than you could ever imagine. And the Silver Surfer, lone sentinel of the skyways, is about to discover that the best way to see it ... is with someone else. Meet Dawn Greenwood, the Earth girl who's challenged the Surfer to go beyond the boundaries of the known universe -- into the strange, the new and the utterly fantastic! Who is the Never Queen? How is the universe's future tied into her very existence? And why is she trying to destroy the Surfer? And when the Surfer tries to return Dawn home, he gets swept into a strange battle against Shuma-Gorath alongside Dr. Strange, the Hulk and more! The problem is, to stop Shuma-Gorath, Dawn will have to pay the price -- with her life. Collecting SILVER SURFER (2014) #1-5 and material from ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1.

I may get this one, too, even though I've never much cared for the Silver Surfer as a character or a series. But I really like Michael Allred's retro art. And Dan Slott can do no wrong.

1936478557?profile=RESIZE_180x180THANOS: A GOD UP THERE LISTENING #3

Writer: ROB WILLIAMS

Art: PACO DIAZ & Various

Cover: Dustin Nguyen

Rated T+ / $3.99

• At the close of INFINITY, Thane discovered he was the son of Thanos and that his touch was death.

•  Now, accompanied by the constantly whispered advice of the Ebony Maw, he wants to discover his father's history, and his own future.

Who does Thanos think he is? The NSA?

X-FORCE #11

Writer: SIMON SPURRIER

Art/Cover by ROCK-HE KIM

32 PGS / Parental Advisory / $3.99

• X-Force has their sights set on their next target, a mutant who may just hold the key to defeating their greatest adversary: X-MEN: LEGACY #300's ForgetMeNot!

•  But how can they convince him to join their cause?

•  And more importantly: How can they hope to find a mutant who slips out of memory whenever he leaves their sight?

This reply was deleted.