Comics Guide for September 16, 2015

DARK HORSE

2 SISTERS: A SUPER-SPY GRAPHIC NOVEL (HC)

Writer/Art/Cover: MATT KINDT

Colors: MARIE ENGER

On sale Sept 16

FC, 344 pages, $27.99

HC, 8 1/4″ x 10 1/4″

SISTERS AGAINST THE WORLD!

“Kindt’s work is more complex, ambitious and somber than its subtitle suggests.”— Publishers Weekly

From the imagination of Matt Kindt, 2 Sisters is at once a fanciful World War II thriller full of codes, gadgets, and cyanide capsules and the heartbreaking story of Elle and Anna, whose shared past and secrets are dredged up when Elle is recruited into His Majesty’s service as a covert agent!

• From the creator of MIND MGMT, 3 Story, and Past Aways!

• Deluxe hardcover format matching Kindt’s Complete Pistolwhip!

• Over 300 pages of spy action—in color for the first time!

I read this twice, and there's still a key mystery I don't fully understand. It's not the spy stuff, which is pretty convincing and well done. It regards the "2 Sisters" of the title, and about which I'd rather not say any more. Part of the reason for my uncertainty is that Kindt is very spare with dialogue, and doesn't reveal anything of the characters' internal lives. And part of it is the art, which is of the primitive school and is sometimes hard for me to follow. (For example, a character is shown burying a red dress, which I thought was a dress shown in the previous scene, but on second reading I realized was a dress seen later. Not being able to tell which dress it was threw my timeline out of whack the first time.) That's one reason I'm not a fan of the primitive school, another being that it looks amateurish to me.

Is that a good or bad review? I can't say, because I don't know myself. I'm not sure I can recommend 2 Sisters, but then again, I did read it twice.

CLICK HERE FOR A PREVIEW!

ASTRO BOY OMNIBUS VOL 1 (TPB)

Writer/Art/Cover: OSAMU TEZUKA

B&W, 688 pages, $19.99

TPB, 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″

On sale Sept 23

AN ICON RETURNS IN ASTRO BOY OMNIBUS VOLUME 1

Nearly 700 pages!

Built by a brilliant scientist to replace his lost son, but with powers beyond imagination, Astro Boy fights for the oppressed and helpless—human, alien, or robot. Created by Osamu Tezuka, “Japan’s Walt Disney,” Astro Boy is action-packed, classic fun for all ages, now featured in value-priced omnibus editions!

Boasting nearly seven hundred pages of content for only $19.99, Dark Horse Comics’ Astro Boy Omnibus Volume 1 features Tezuka’s most popular and influential work, detailing Astro Boy’s jet-powered, superstrong, evil-bashing adventures. Exciting, whimsical, and touching, Astro Boy brings back a classic era of comics and animation, featuring tales that readers both young and old will enjoy.

Collecting rare and out-of-print material, the oversized Astro Boy omnibus collection is the first in a series that brings back Tezuka’s beloved character for a whole new generation to enjoy.

• The late Osamu Tezuka is renowned internationally as a master cartoonist, animator, and storyteller.

• Inspiration for three animated series and the 2009 feature film.

“Tezuka is widely considered the most important and influential figure in post–World War II Japanese animation.”—New York Times

I didn't have time to read this book this week, but I'm looking forward to when I do -- I've heard a lot about Astro Boy over the years, and I'm eager to see what the fuss is about.

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!

THE COURAGEOUS PRINCESS VOLUME 3: THE DRAGON QUEEN (HC)

Writer/Art/Cover: ROD ESPINOSA

On sale Sept 16

FC, 192 pages, $19.99

HC, 5 13/16″ x 9″

In this conclusion to the Courageous Princess trilogy, Princess Mabelrose must use her generous spirit, as well as her brains, to melt the heart of the Dragon Queen and gain her freedom. But she still has to bring her father and her friends back from the queen’s unreachable Unremembered Lands . . .

An adventure for all that explores a new meaning of courage.  

“Espinosa’s influences seem to be equal parts Grimm fairy tales, animated Disney films, the Wizard of Oz and Japanese manga, and the work is meticulously rendered in a seductive palette of brights and shadows.”—Publishers Weekly

Eisner, Harvey, and Stumptown award winner!

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!

CREEPY COMICS VOLUME 4 (TPB)

Writers: FRED VAN LENTE, CORINNA BECHKO, RAY FAWKES, MATTHEW SOUTHWORTH, PETER BAGGE, DAN BRAUN, DOUG MOENCH, ALEX DE CAMPI, TED NAIFEH, RACHEL DEERING, PAUL TOBIN, J. TORRES, RICHARD P. CLARK, IVAN COHEN, ATTILLA FUTAKI

Art: MATTHEW SOUTHWORTH, PETER BAGGE, TED NAIFEH, RICHARD P. CLARK, IVAN COHEN, ATTILLA FUTAKI, TOMM COKER, ALISON SAMPSON, SIMONE DELLADIO, DREW MOSS, MIKE NORTON, DAVE STOKES, HENRIK JONSSON, VANESA R. DEL REY, JUAN FERREYRA, RON SALAS

Cover: DUSTIN NGUYEN

On sale Sept 16

B&W, 176 pages, $19.99

TPB, 7” x 10”

Creepy Comics enters its second half century of horrifying readers! This villainous volume contains some of the spookiest stories yet, including Uncle Creepy’s Fifteith anniversary spectacular! Don’t miss malicious missives from Fred Van Lente, Ray Fawkes, Alex de Campi, Richard P. Clark, Matthew Southworth, Tomm Coker, Ted Naifeh, and many more! It’s a heap of creep! Collects issues #14-19 of Dark Horse’s revived Creepy Comics!

"Creepy has been a horror institution for 50 years. Then, as now, Creepy sets and meets an almost impossibly high standard for horror writing and artwork.“ -- ComicWow!

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!

DEATH HEAD #3 (of 6)

Writers; ZACK KELLER, NICK KELLER

Art: JOANNA ESTEP

Colors: KELLY FITZPATRICK

Cover: E. M. GIST

On sale Sept 16

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Driven by a compulsion to understand the mask he found in the woods, Niles heads to Reyes -- the mysterious seaside town that he sees in his visions. Lately, the town has been plagued by unexplained suicides, so a curious visitor is the last thing that residents want. Finding the truth won’t be easy ... because some evils should never be unmasked.

A supernatural-horror thriller about family and creeping, terrifying murder!

This book was moving kinda slow for a miniseries, but this issue really picks up steam toward the end. The stories involving the mother, daughter and son don't move very far, but Dad finds himself hip-deep in the mystery of the Death Head. Nice art, and creepy mystery, and now moving at better clip.

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW

FRANK FRAZETTA’S THE ADVENTURES OF THE SNOW MAN (HC)

Writer/Art/Cover: FRANK FRAZETTA

FC, 104 pages, $14.99

HC, 9″ x 6 3/8″

On sale Sept 30

AN UNSEEN WORK FROM A MODERN MASTER!

Although informed by World War II propaganda, Frank Frazetta’s earliest work is nevertheless as artistically nuanced and socially complex as it is innocent. Now, for the first time ever, witness the first complete story from a modern master with Frank Frazetta’s The Adventures of the Snow Man!

The first time ever in print!

How odd.

HEART IN A BOX (TPB)

Writer: KELLY THOMPSON

Art/Cover: MEREDITH MCCLAREN

FC, 144 pages, $14.99

TPB, 7″ x 10″

On sale Sept 16

The only way to avoid heartbreak is to be heartless ...

Kelly Thompson (Jem and the Holograms, Storykiller) and Meredith McClaren (Hinges) are putting the pieces back together for Heart in a Box, a new original graphic novel from Dark Horse Comics.

In a moment of post-heartbreak weakness, Emma wishes her heart away, and a mysterious stranger obliges. But emptiness is even worse than grief, and Emma sets out to collect the seven pieces of her heart in a journey that forces her to face her own history and the cost of recapturing it!

A fresh, funny, and action-packed take on heartbreak, Heart in a Box is Thompson and McClaren’s first graphic novel collaboration and comes hot on the heels of Thompson’s critically acclaimed novels, The Girl Who Would Be King and Storykiller.

“Working with Meredith and Dark Horse is a bit like a dream come true, especially since it’s my first graphic novel,” Thompson said. “We’ve been working on the book for a long time now, and I’m excited to finally bring this story to life with Dark Horse and Meredith, who is a fantastic talent.”

• Written by novelist Kelly Thompson (Jem & the Holograms, Storykiller)!

•  For fans of Scott Pilgrim!

Here's a preview and a press release!

CLICK HERE FOR A PREVIEW!

MIDNIGHT SOCIETY: THE BLACK LAKE #3 (OF 4)

Writer/Art/Cover: DREW EDWARD JOHNSON

Colors: LIZZY JOHN

On sale Aug 19

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Beneath the surface of Loch Ness, Matilda Finn flees for her life and discovers the missing cryptozoologist she was searching for. Can the lost MI: Omega leader be saved—and does he even deserve saving? Questions and answers bubble to the surface in the penultimate issue.

Drew Edward Johnson’s action-packed, creator-owned series!

This is only a four-issue mini, which is too bad, because I'm enjoying Matilda Finn.

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!

THE PAYBACKS #1

Writers: DONNY CATES, ELIOT RAHAL

Art/Cover: GEOFF SHAW

Colors: LAUREN AFFE

On sale Sept 16

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Ongoing

REPO SUPERMEN!

Quickly! If you are reading this it means that our plan has worked. Team Paybacks has infiltrated the very bowels of Dark Horse and taken control of their ordering matrix to bring you a special offer. An offer so special we’ve risked our very mortal lives to bring it to you. But hey, we’ll get to that in a moment. What’s new with you?

How’s things in the comic biz? Family doing okay? That’s great. Great to hear. Hey thanks for reading this, Donny, being a former retailer knows how hard this business can be and-huh? What’s that? You have no idea what The Paybacks is or who we are? Oh right. Ahem…(prepares announcer voice)

We are Donny Cates and Eliot Rahal, two best buddies and the co-writers and creators of The Paybacks, our brand new ongoing series based in the fantastic world of BUZZKILL! What’s it about you ask? Well…

Not every wannabe hero can afford a super cool suit of armor or sweet bat themed toys or invisible jets. Sometimes a superhero has to take out a LOAN to get the proverbial ball rolling. What happens when they can’t pay that loan off? Who could possibly wrestle that super stuff away from them?

Enter the Paybacks. A group of C and D list heroes who themselves have defaulted on a loan and now work to pay it off by repossessing cool hero stuff. It’s a tough job to say the least. (Psst, lots of people die horribly) It’s fun for the whole family!!

With a diverse cast and a not so subtle approach to the world of debt and superheroes, The Paybacks is an absolute blast to write and create. There’s a bubble boy! A Vampire lady! A Sasquatch! We’re having a lot of fun! And we can’t wait to share it with all of you!

But hey seriously we broke into Dark Horse to send you this message. As we type this its pitch dark and the distant sound of sirens and hounds approaches closer and closer. Did that Hellboy statue just move?

We’ve risked our lives to engineer a backdoor hacking virus….thing, so that when you order 15 or more copies you get an additional 10% off your order.  It’s in the JUL15 catalog you’re ordering from right now - Diamond #JUL150091! Pretty sweet, huh?

Let’s start a revolution! Order The Paybacks and learn why these creators are saying:

"This is hysterical. Every page is a gem! " -- MARK WAID

“I think my favorite thing about the book is that Night Knight doesn’t ride the unicorn. Like, I think that is genius.” -- GERARD WAY

Praise for The Paybacks:

“A strong debut that’s heavy on laughs framed in a well balanced and engaging visual package.” -- All-Comic

“The Paybacks is absolutely bloody hilarious.” -- Big Comic Page

“Donny Cates and Eliot Rahal excelled at presenting a vibrant satirical script of the superhero genre that simply belongs in a class of its own.”—Comic Crusaders

“The Paybacks #1 is a comic you will read over and over again, and then pass it along to your friends proclaiming ‘you have to read this.’ ”—Geeks With Wives

“A joyride from start to finish that you don’t want to miss.”—Graphic Policy

“The finest work of comedy superhero fiction that has ever been published by anyone ever. Truly a master class in the art of creativity and storytelling.” -- ALAN MOORE*

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. We’ll see you in September! Until then…

Stay plugged in, Stay tuned, and stay alive!

-- Donny Cates, Eliot Rahal, Geoff Shaw, Lauren Affe.

*Alan Moore of discount tires in Addison, Texas. Good guy. Knows his comics.

SPACE STEP DAD!

Meet Space Step Dad! An average human Joe living in an alien world just trying to keep the gun out of his mouth and connect with his step son!  Created by the award winning (probably, right?) team of Eliot Rahal, Donny Cates and Matt Horak and appearing in the back pages of the new Dark Horse ongoing series, THE PAYBACKS, Space Step Dad is a cry out loud comic with UNIVERSAL appeal! For the whole family!

This September, come on down to Step Dad town and turn that smile upside down!  (But seriously, order up on The Paybacks!) -- Donny Cates and Eliot Rahal

I can't add anything to the press release, but I wonder if this is a strong enough concept for a whole story -- it sounds like a one-liner that's being asked to do too much. To put it another way, the first issue was kinda funny, about a Batman type getting his equipment repossessed, but is really going to be all that much fun to see that issue after issue, as an Iron Man type loses his armor, or a Green Arrow type loses his arrows, and so forth? Dark Horse clearly has high hopes for this series -- I got more than one press release, which I had to write together -- but it remains to be seen if it remains funny or starts to feel like a Saturday Night Live sketch that goes on too long.

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!

DC COMICS

BATMAN VOL. 7: ENDGAME (HC)

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art and cover by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI

On sale SEPTEMBER 30 • 192 pg, FC, $24.99 US

The most epic installment of the #1 New York Times best-selling series is here, as the The Joker returns to Gotham City with one goal in mind: to finally kill Batman. BATMAN VOL. 7: ENDGAME is the biggest story yet from superstar duo Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.

According to Scott Snyder, "The reason Batman is inspiring isn't only because he terrifies criminals, but because he empowers us to go out and overcome our own fears, and to overcome the worry that what we do doesn't mean anything, and that we can't make a difference, we can't change our situation. Batman is the ultimate example of how you overcome tragedy, or you take chaos and random violence and turn it into something meaningful."

For years, The Joker has regarded his nemesis with a sick, twisted love, thinking that one could never exist without the other. But that's all changed. The Clown Prince of Crime is done playing. He plans to kill the Dark Knight, and he's going to do it using those who Batman loves the most: the Justice League.

Turning Batman's allies against him, The Joker forces him into the toughest and bloodiest brawl the Dark Knight has ever had to survive. With an ending you won't believe, this graphic novel is a classic in the making.

Praise for BATMAN:

"The biggest story line in terms of cast and scope during the duo's classic four-year run on the series and one designed to celebrate the character's 75th anniversary." -- USA Today

"Why is Gotham City crumbling, you ask? Well, that's mostly due to Batman writer Scott Snyder putting the city through the wringer time and time again in consistently excellent stories like 'Court of Owls,' 'Death of the Family,' and now 'Endgame.'" --  Nerdist

"'Endgame', as with all of Snyder's run of Batman so far, is a story that simply should not be missed." -- IGN

About the Author:

Scott Snyder is the best-selling and award-winning writer of BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE, and SWAMP THING as well as the short story collection Voodoo Heart. He teaches writing at Sarah Lawrence College, NYU, and Columbia University. He lives on Long Island with his wife, Jeanie, and his sons Jack and Emmett.  He is a dedicated and un-ironic fan of Elvis Presley.

This is the Joker-Batman battle that results in Jim Gordon in the Robobunny suit.

BATMAN NOIR: HUSH (HC)

Written by JEPH LOEB

Art by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

Cover by JIM LEE

On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 304 pg, B&W, $39.99 US

The epic thriller is presented in stark black and white! In this story of murder, mystery and romance, Batman sets out to discover the identity of the mysterious villain wreaking havoc in his life. But Batman ends up facing what might be the most intense case of his life as secrets from his past flood into the present, and the most notorious villains to ever haunt Gotham City’s streets attack simultaneously! Guest-starring The Dark Knight’s greatest allies and enemies, this collection features BATMAN #608-619 as well as the 6-page chapter from Wizard #0 and a 2-page origin story that originally appeared at dccomics.com.

DC trots this book out every few years as if it's a classic on par with its other evergreens. Frankly, I didn't care for it.

GREEN LANTERN 75 VARIANTS

This week's variant covers celebrating Green Lantern's 75th anniversary include Black Canary #4; Harley Quinn #20; Robin, Son of Batman #4; Superman/Wonder Woman #21; and Wonder Woman #44.

THE FLASH SEASON ZERO (TPB)

Written by ANDREW KREISBERG, BROOKE ELKMEIER and KAI WU

Art by PHIL HESTER, ERIC GAPSTUR and MARCUS TO

Photo cover

On sale SEPTEMBER 2 • 264 pg, FC, $19.99 US

Follow the adventures of Barry Allen from issues #1-12 of this new series as he struggles to balance his job as a police crime scene investigator, his unrequited crush on Iris West, and his new life as Central City’s guardian angel!

These stories are inconsequential -- naturally, the comic book can't do anything the TV show would have to address -- so it's just old-fashioned, pleasant superhero stories.

ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN #4

Written by PATRICK GLEASON

Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by HOWARD PORTER

On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

It’s Robin vs. Deathstroke! The troubles in Maya’s past come back to haunt her. Will Damian and Goliath be forced to leave her to fend for herself, or can they find a way to help their new ally?

I've always hated it that DC's superheroes are made to look incompetent to show what a bad@$$ Deathstroke is. I would love it if Robin whipped him.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #21

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA

Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA

GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by JOE QUINONES

On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

The epic “Truth” arc hits close to the heart as dark secrets come to light, forcing Superman and Wonder Woman to question whether their relationship can work in this new world of identities revealed and questionable actions.

Nice hat. (Gulp!)

IDW PUBLISHING

D4VE2 # 1 (of 4)

Writer: RYAN FERRIER

Art/Cover: VALENTIN RAMON

Subscription Variant: LOGAN FAERBER

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

ONE YEAR LATER. With the world seemingly at peace, things seem pretty all right on 34RTH until a strange ship's arrival sends D4VE head-first into an existential crisis: an inconceivable blast from the past that threatens not only D4VE's dwindling relationship with 5COTTY, but all of robot-kind itself!

• The critically acclaimed series returns!

• Variant Cover by Brian Level!

Some of the Legionnaires had nice things to say about the first mini (which I haven't read). So here's another helping!

MICKEY MOUSE #4

Writers: ANDREA "CASTY" CASTELLAN, JONATHAN GRAY

Art/Cover: GIORGIO CAVAZZANO

Subscription Variant: JAMES SILVANI

FC • 40 pages • $3.99

Mickey re-teams with super explorer Eurasia Toft to find the awesome “Gift of the Sun Lord”—but Pegleg Pete is out to make their treasure hunt tougher!

• Fan favorites Jonathan Gray (Sonic the Hedgehog) and Andrea “Casty” Castellan are back—and so is Mickey’s wild new partner Eurasia Toft!

• Continues this classic series’ legacy numbering at #313!

• 40 action-packed pages for only $3.99!

• “Disney Legacy” Frontierland cover by Amy Mebberson!

It's no wonder the mice and ducks are so popular in Europe -- these stories are well done. What's a mystery is why they've never been big in the U.S.

WEIRD LOVE #9

Writers: JOE GILL, RICHARD HUGHES

Art: JOHN BUSCEMA, OGDEN WHITNEY

Cover: JOHN BUSCEMA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The New York Journal of Books calls Weird Love, “A wonderful and wildly entertaining collection of romance stories, some of the craziest and weirdest love stories you will ever read. It is impossible to not laugh out loud at some point. Every story in here is one hundred percent high fun." This issue features The Mini-Dress, Female of the Species, Breakdown, Leader of the Pack, Sorority Sisters, Take Him Shopping, Call Me Wicked  and JAILBAIT!

Every time I've dated a girl who dresses in animal skins, it's turned out badly.

IMAGE COMICS

THE BEAUTY #2

Writer: JEREMY HAUN & JASON A. HURLEY

Art/Cover A: JEREMY HAUN

Cover B: BEN TEMPLESMITH

SEPTEMBER 16 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

The Beauty has transformed average people into beautiful people. But is it killing them too? Detectives Vaughn and Foster are close to learning the truth, and that puts them directly in harm's way. Sometimes the truth isn’t pretty.

I read the first issue, and it was a good set-up, and the art was very slick. (You'd need slick art with a concept like this -- the beautiful people need to look beautiful. But I like slick art for its own sake.) I'm sticking with this to see where they go.

THE FADE OUT #9

Writer: ED BRUBAKER

Art/Cover: SEAN PHILLIPS & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER

SEPTEMBER 16 / 40 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

NEW STORY ARC

Act Three begins as the mystery heats up!

NOMINATED FOR THE EISNER AWARD FOR BEST NEW SERIES!

Naturally, I love this series. Weirdly, I think I've guessed the ending, which I never do with a Brubaker noir. So, since I never do, I probably don't have this one figured out right. Anyway, can't recommend it enough.

THE FADE OUT VOL 2 (TPB)

Writer: ED BRUBAKER

Art/Cover: SEAN PHILLIPS & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER

SEPTEMBER 16 / 120 PAGES / FC / M / $12.99

Act Two of the acclaimed Hollywood Noir from the best-selling team of Brubaker and Phillips.

Collects THE FADE OUT #5-8.

Here's more!

SEX CRIMINALS #12

Writer: MATT FRACTION

Art/Cover: A SHED-FULL OF CAR KEYS

Variant: Cover: KATE LETH & PAULINA GANUCHEAU

JULY 22 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50 (reg), $4.69 (var)

Suzie and Jon continue the worst recruitment plan in the history of entertaining second-act montage sequences. Getting the band together never had so many fluids. By Hollywood jerkhole MATT FRACTION (ODY-C, SATELLITE SAM, Hawkeye) and literally a shed-full of car keys that somehow manages to draw comics.

The same comic as SEX CRIMINALS #12 only with the second of five XXX variant covers shipped in a solid polybag so it cannot be seen until opened. KATE LETH, it turns out, is filthy as "h" by the way. If only we could think of something dirty that rhymes with "Fraggle Rock." ONE PRINT RUN ONLY.

Image is evidently proud of this one, sending two press releases -- one for the book, and one for the NSFW variant cover. So here you go.

TOKYO GHOST #1

Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art: SEAN MURPHY & MATT HOLLINGSWORTH

Cover: SEAN MURPHY

SEPTEMBER 16 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

The Isles of Los Angeles 2089: Humanity is addicted to technology, a population of unemployed leisure seekers blissfully distracted from toxic contamination, who borrow, steal, and kill to buy their next digital fix. Getting a virtual buzz is the only thing left to live for. It’s the biggest industry, the only industry, the drug everyone needs, and gangsters run it all.

And who do these gangsters turn to when they need their rule enforced? Constables Led Dent and Debbie Decay. This duo is about to be given a job that will force them out of the familiar squalor of Los Angeles to take down the last tech-less country on Earth: The Garden Nation of Tokyo.

Bestselling writer RICK REMENDER (BLACK SCIENCE, DEADLY CLASS) and superstar art team SEAN MURPHY (CHRONONAUTS, Punk Rock Jesus) and MATT HOLLINGSWORTH (WYTCHES, Hawkeye) examine our growing addiction to technology while thirsting for a nature we continue to destroy.

Another new Image title. I've heard it said that Image is the new Vertigo, and I believe it.

MARVEL COMICS

A-FORCE PRESENTS VOL. 1 (TPB)

Written by NATHAN EDMONDSON, KELLY SUE DECONNICK, G. WILLOW WILSON,

CHARLES SOULE, JASON AARON & RYAN NORTH

Penciled by PHIL NOTO, DAVID LOPEZ, ADRIAN ALPHONA, JAVIER PULIDO, RUSSELL

DAUTERMAN & ERICA HENDERSON

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN, DAVID LOPEZ & SARA PICHELLI

136 PGS / Rated T+ / $14.99

Ms. Marvel. Thor. Captain Marvel. Black Widow. She-Hulk. They’re mighty. They’re Marvel. And they’re exploding on to the scene in A-Force Presents Vol. 1 – the first of a brand new bi-monthly collection coming to comic shops and book stores everywhere in September!

A bi-monthly series focusing on the strength, courage and power of Marvel’s female heroes, A-Force Presents collects a new selection of Marvel’s critically-acclaimed female-led titles for fans to explore. Targeted towards young adult readers, each volume of A-Force Presents includes 6 issues and offers a clean entry point into the Marvel Universe through some of the most popular titles.

“In a world where virtually everyone has heard of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and the Avengers, Marvel’s female superheroes have stepped into the spotlight, spurred on by a rapidly growing base of Marvel fans who just happen to be women,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso, speaking with Teen Vogue. “Titles like Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Thor, Silk and the recently announced A-Force each offer a distinct and compelling reflection of what we call ‘the world outside your window.’  A-Force Presents collects all of these critically-acclaimed entry points into the Marvel Universe and proves, once and for all, just how powerful the women of Marvel truly can be.”

Marvel’s most amazing heroes step into the spotlight in this all-action book packed with adventure, danger, drama … and fun! Black Widow seeks redemption for her past — in ways the Avengers wouldn’t approve! Carol Danvers takes on the legacy of Captain Marvel and lives her dream of traveling to the stars! Teenager Kamala Khan fights crime as Ms. Marvel — but is she ready for this dangerous new life? She-Hulk isn’t just a green powerhouse — her skills as an attorney will knock her opponents’ socks off! A mysterious woman wields the enchanted hammer Mjolnir, and claims the powers of the mighty Thor! And Squirrel Girl faces her greatest challenge yet: college! Whatever your tastes, there’s something here for everyone! Collecting BLACK WIDOW (2014) #1, CAPTAIN MARVEL (2014) #1, MS. MARVEL (2014) #1, SHE-HULK (2014) #1, THOR (2014) #1 and UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1.

This is a nice outreach to female readers, and I sincerely hope it works.

AGE OF APOCALYPSE #4

Writer: FABIAN NICIEZA

Art: IBAN COELLO

Cover by GERARDO SANDOVAL

32 PGS / Rated T+ / $3.99

The philosophy of Apocalypse has always been “let the fittest survive,” but by its ultimate extension, that would only leave one person standing! As mutants fall from the shocking release of a devastating plague, who will live and who will die? And if Apocalypse falls, who will rule in his place ...?

*SECRET WARS SERIES

Is there a name for the awkward pose above, that displays all of a woman's assets at the expense of dignity, gravity and physical possibility? If not, there should be.

AGENT CARTER: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50TH ANNIVERSARY #1

Writer: KATHRYN IMMONEN

Art: RICH ELLIS

Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY

Variant Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

32 PGS / One-Shot / Rated T+ / $3.99

• Agent Carter is back in an all-new adventure that reveals her secret history with S.H.I.E.L.D.!

• When Dum Dum Dugan attempts to recruit her to S.H.I.E.L.D., will Peggy join up or go her own way?

• Operation S.I.N.’s crackerjack team of Kathryn Immonen and Rich Ellis return to the world of Peggy Carter!

This new Peggy Carter is just terrific. Far better than the '70s version, if anyone still remembers her.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1 (of 5)

Writer: JEPH LOEB

Art/Cover: TIM SALE

Variant cover by TIM SALE

Inhumans 50th Anniversary Variant by TBA

Variant by MAHMUD ASRAR

Young Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG

64 PGS / Rated T+ / $4.99

This September, experience a blockbuster seminal story of the Super Solider brought to light in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1! The Eisner-award winning team of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale reunite once more to bring you the long awaited return to their prestigious ‘color’ book series!

Following such iconic classics as SPIDER-MAN: BLUE, DAREDEVIL: YELLOW and HULK: GRAY, CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE will continue the unique collaboration between Loeb and Sale as they bring you an all-new story starring Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes! Previous collaboration between these two icons has yielded modern comic masterpieces – so don’t miss out on the birth of their next chartbusting hit! Plus, this extra-sized issue also reprints the complete CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #0!

Peel back the layers of Steve Rogers with a tale of Captain America in WWII as he defended the world from the forces of evil, and met a young man named Bucky Barnes who would change his life forever. Loeb & Sale’s combination of in-depth characterization and explosive super hero action meet for an epic tale of one of Cap’s most dangerous missions of all!   

At long last, the eagerly anticipated series lives again. Be there when this legend in the making comes to comic shops and digital devices in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1!

Get caught up with the JEPH LOEB & TIM SALE: YELLOW, BLUE AND GRAY hardcover – available now in comic shops and wherever books are sold. 

These Sale/Loeb remixes are hit and miss with me, story-wise, and actually a little unpleasant, art-wise. They usuall take place in fond places in my memory, though, so I always get them.

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!

MIRACLEMAN BY GAIMAN & BUCKINGHAM #2

Writer: NEIL GAIMAN

Art/Cover: MARK BUCKINGHAM

48 PGS / Parental Advisory / $4.99

• John Gallaway rejected Miracleman’s new world, rejected companionship, rejected love — until the night Miraclewoman visited him …

• The schoolyard rebels strut their stuff and debate the teenage idol of The Golden Age Johnny Bates, in “Trends.”

• Miracleman explores deeper into Infra-Space in “Retrieval.”

• Including material originally presented in MIRACLEMAN (1985) #18, plus bonus content.

Well, that's sure not very lady-like! (I know, I know, that's the point.)

SECRET WARS JOURNAL #5 (of 5)

Writers: JEN & SYLVIA SOSKA, AARON ALEXOVICH

Art: ALEC MORGAN & DIOGO SAITO

Cover by VANESA DEL REY

32 PGS / Rated T+ / $3.99

• Horror icons THE SOSKA SISTERS make their mighty Marvel debut in a twisted tale of demonic disease! Fortunately for the savaged citizens of the Wasteland, NIGHT NURSE is on duty!

• Audacious AARON ALEXOVICH also enters the hallowed House of Ideas with a superlative story of Doom’s PR and Outreach robot extraordinaire, MILL-E: THE MODEL CITIZEN!

The Soska Sisters have had an interesting career in horror acting, writing and directing, although without a breakout hit (yet). Could be an interesting funnybook!

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG VOL. 7: THE ONE PERCENT AND OTHER TALES (TPB)

Written by FRED VAN LENTE, RAY FAWKES, KARL BOLLERS, JOHN LAYMAN,

JUSTIN JORDAN, JOEY ESPOSITO, DONNY CATES, and ELIOT RAHAL

Art by CLAYTON HENRY, JOE EISMA, RAMON VILLALOBOS, ANDY KUHN, RAFER ROBERTS,

JUAN DOE, KHARI EVANS, and BARRY KITSON

Cover by PERE PEREZ

$14.99 US | 112 pages | T+ | On sale SEPTEMBER 16

Secrets! Shenanigans! A spectacular for the ages!

Someone call the fire marshal because Valiant’s all-star celebration for Archer & Armstrong is about to get out of control! Red-hot creators Fred Van Lente (IVAR, TIMEWALKER), Ray Fawkes ( Batman: Eternal), John Layman ( Chew), Karl Bollers ( Watson and Holmes), Clayton Henry (HARBINGER), Joe Eisma ( Morning Glories) and a jam-packed roster of special guests are throwing a gigantic finale for Valiant’s conspiracy-busting, history-smashing swashbucklers – and they’ve brought along a heap of all-new tales to kick this hullabaloo into high gear!

Featuring the true story of Armstrong’s first drink, the secret origin of Mary-Maria, the debut of a brand new breed of villain for the Valiant Universe, and much more, this very special volume collects ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #24, ARCHER & ARMSTRONG: THE ONE PERCENT #1, and stories from the oversized ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #25 anniversary spectacular, alongside the never-before-seen  ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #0: DIRECTOR’S CUT! Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind look inside the script, art, and character designs of Archer & Armstrong’s acclaimed origin issue!

Probably worth it for the story of Armstrong's first drink alone. Plus: Shenanigans!

AWAKE #1

Writer:  SUSAN BENEVILLE

Art/Cover: BRIAN HESS

32 pgs./ All Ages / FC / $3.99 (reg.) $4.99 (var.)

Always on the lookout to expand it’s all-ages line, Action Lab Entertainment is proud to announce it’s newest book, AWAKE, by Susan Beneville and Brian Hess, a sci-fi fantasy tale of a young girl with the power to shape worlds.

“AWAKE is about young girl, Regn, and her brother, Picar, who belong to an intergalactic race of people, the Dola, who have the power to ‘wake up’ the consciousness of planets in order to interact with, and to certain extent, control the planet,” said series co-creator, Susan Beneville.

The first arc focuses on Regn getting the planet, Gremon, to control itself. “This is challenging for Regn because she is young, this is her first mission, and she isn't sure of herself,” said Beneville. “Regn has to give Gremon a reason to care about the people on the planet. At the same time, the bad guys seem to be stoking the chaos for their own benefit.”

“Visually, I wanted to do something really saturated; something that felt like you were experiencing an animated film in comic form,” said series artist and co-creator, Brian Hess. “I have always enjoyed all-ages books and wanted to make something that was accessible to everyone. This is essentially the passion project that I have always wanted to complete.”

When asked what readers can expect from the series, Beneville said, “Several planetary tantrums, an attack by vicious creatures, a couple of brawls, a betrayal, a hoverbike race, a tense reunion, a little romance and a miraculous healing journey across the surface.” Added Hess, “I'm extremely happy with the way that the first four issues and Issue #0 have turned out, and I am becoming more and more comfortable with these characters, so I just see it only getting better and better each issue.”

"I'm silly-stupid over the moon to have Susan and Brian join the Action Lab family,” said Action Lab’s Creative Director, Dave Dwonch. “AWAKE is truly one of the most original books I've read, and I'm so proud that we've been given the opportunity to share it with our fans. This one is going to knock your bootsies off, trust me!"

Bleeding Cool.com said, “It has great artwork that will catch readers’ eyes and a great story line that keeps it super entertaining. It was a wonderful read and I am definitely looking forward to the rest.”

Another new book from Action Lab starring a girl. It's getting to be a habit with them.

BLOODSHOT REBORN #6

Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art by BUTCH GUICE

Cover A by MICO SUAYAN

Cover B by DAVE JOHNSON

Cover C by GLENN FABRY

Cover D by CARRY BROWN

Variant Cover by STEVE LIEBER

Variant Cover by BENJAMIN MARRA

$3.99 | 32 pgs | T+ | COMING IN SEPTEMBER!

ALL-NEW ARC! JUMP ON BOARD HERE! “THE HUNT” – PART 1

Valiant is proud to present the first look inside BLOODSHOT REBORN #6 – the FIRST ISSUE of " THE HUNT" from master storytellers Jeff Lemire (THE VALIANT, Descender) and artist Butch Guice (NINJAK, Captain America)! This September, jump on board here as the one of the year's most acclaimed new ongoing series begins its second shocking story arc … and Bloodshot's crusade to destroy his own deranged doppelgängers takes a disturbing new turn!

Bloodshot is on the hunt. Determined to stop the violent reign of terror that plagues Colorado, Bloodshot must journey across the Rocky Mountains to destroy the remaining nanites that have caused mass murderers to spring up across the state. But will the drugs, booze and insane visions rattling around his head put an end to his journey before it begins?

"In the first arc of BLOODSHOT REBORN, Jeff introduced several Bloodshot doppelgängers – individuals who were infected with nanites and became violently psychotic as a result," said Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons. "Bloodshot knew what was happening – that these killers couldn't handle the power of the nanites and were going mad as a result – and stepped into action to stop them from killing again. But at the close of issue #5, we'll see that he's not the only one who's taken an interest in the killers …"

" A wonderful new series … BLOODSHOT REBORN is a perfect mix of action and emotion." – Ain't It Cool News

" Lemire's writing is pitch perfect … [BLOODSHOT REBORN is] a book you need to check out …" – Multiversity Comics

" Jeff Lemire is breathing a new life into this character … I cannot recommend this book enough. Pick it up." – Comic Vine

" One of the stronger comics that the year has given us so far …[and] an essential addition to any comic fan’s pull list." – All-Comic

" It really feels like we're getting something new… [BLOODSHOT REBORN] continues to engross…" – IGN

Oops, forgot to post this preview to Facebook!

DOUBLE TAKE PUBLISHING

Double Take is a new publisher from video game company Take Two and former Marvel publisher Bill Jemas. They're launching with 10 titles at once, all based on or around the movie Night of the Living Dead, which -- Jemas told Newsarama -- is in the public domain. Or as it says in all 10 of the solicititations, "Some of this series transpires in the Night of the Living Dead universe, most does not. None of the film's creators are involved in this series."

If that sounds like a contradictory approach, that comes as no surprise to those of us who endured Trouble and Marville, titles that were controversial with no discernible upside. But I haven't read any of these books, so maybe it makes sense if you do.

The books are being marketed as "Ultimate Night of the Living Dead." Get it? Jemas was co-creator of the Ultimate Universe. Lulz.

I'm not going to run all the solicitations -- I've never heard of most of these creators -- but if you're interested you can look up the particulars on the Double Take website or Facebook page. Meanwhile, I'll point out that all 10 titles are Mature readers, $2.50 and B&W.

There are two collections available as well. The "Double Take Super Pack September 2015" ($20.00), which collects all 10 September issues, and the "Double Take Collectors Box Hundy September 2015" ($125.00), which contains 10 Super Packs in a collectible box (in case, for some reason, you want 10 copies of each of the first issues in a box you'll never open). I'll include the art for those collections as well.

DOUBLE TAKE COLLECTORS BOX HUNDY SEP 2015

FIRES ABOVE HYPERION (GN)

Publisher: NBM

Writer/Art/Cover: PATRICK ATANGAN

Mature/$14.99

Imagine Sex and the City written by a gay Charlie Brown. "One day I woke up and realized I had been dating for twenty years. Twenty years.  It's hard to imagine anyone with as little resolve as I have doing anything for so long." In this autobiographical work, Patrick Atangan documents the sad hilarity of his love life, from awkward first encounters, to finding out that the great guy you've been dating already has a boyfriend, to the sad inevitability of a break-up. With a dark sense of humor, Atangan navigates the perils of the gay world.

I'm all for equal rights for gay people, as I think the Constitution demands that the government treat everyone equally. But I also have very little interest in the lives and experiences of gay people, as I am not one. Does that make me a bad person?

INFINITE ADVENTURES OF JONAS QUANTUM #1

Publisher: LEGENDARY COMICS

Writer: MARC GUGGENHEIM

Art/Cover: FREDDIE WILLIAMS

$3.99

Legendary Comics proudly presents The Infinite Adventures of Jonas Quantum, an original sci-fi odyssey from two of the most exciting voices in superhero storytelling: Marc Guggenheim (writer/producer of the hit TV series Arrow) and visionary artist Freddie Williams II (Robin). Meet Jonas Quantum: a maverick hyper-genius with the power to cure death in the morning, time travel in the afternoon and unlock transdimensional wormholes at night. And what have you done with your day? Blessed with the curse of infinite intelligence, there's only one thing Jonas Quantum can't do: play well with others. This thrilling action-adventure series spans cosmic voyages, history-changing inventions, and delusions of grandeur.

Why is the Arrow guy slumming in indie comics?

PIXIES (GN)

Publisher: ARCANA STUDIO

Writer: SEAN O'REILLY

Art/Cover: LEISL ADAMS

Mature/$24.95

Joe Beck is an auto mechanic with the worst luck in the world. Joe's been a walking disaster plagued with comedic situations where simply nothing goes right. Since the age of sixteen, Joe's never won a bet, has been stung more times than George W. has with late night comics and his allergies have introduced him to every hospital employee within a sixty-mile radius. In Annie Hall, Woody Allen divides everyone into the Horrible and the Miserable. Joe unfortunately falls into both categories. He must now defeat the Pixies Curse in order to get back the girl of his dreams.  Now an animated feature film with voices by Christopher Plummer, Bill Paxton, and Alexa Vega!

PRINCELESS: RAVEN, THE PIRATE PRINCESS #3

Writer: JEREMY WHITLEY

Art/Cover: ROSY HIGGINS, TED BRANDT

32 pgs / All Ages / FC / $3.99 (reg.) / $4.99 (Var.)

So far, Adrienne’s crew is up to three and she’s going to need a lot more if she’s going jumpstart her quest for vengeance.  Katie and Sunshine head out to recruit a crew, while Raven goes looking for a navigator.  Luckily, she knows one.  Unluckily, her relationship with this navigator is … complicated.  Will she recruit her or will she end up on the wrong end of a drawing compass?  Variant cover limited to 2000 copies!

Here's another one of those Action Lab starring girls. It's really rather refreshing.

STEP ASIDE, POPS! A HARK! A VAGRANT COLLECTION

Writer/Art/Cover: KATE BEATON

Hardcover • 160 pages • 5.5" x 8.75" • b+w • $19.95 USD/$24.95CAD

Step Aside, Pops! is the sequel to the hit comic collection Hark! A Vagrant, which appeared on best of lists from Time, NPR, and USA Today; spent five months on the New York Times bestseller list; and won Harvey, Ignatz, and Doug Wright Awards.

Cartoonist Kate Beaton returns with all-new sidesplitting comics that showcase her irreverent love of history, pop culture, and literature. Collected from her wildly popular website, readers will guffaw over "Strong Female Characters," the wicked yet chivalrous Black Prince, "Straw Feminists in the Closet," and a disgruntled Heathcliff. Delight in what the internet has long known—Beaton's humour is as sharp and dangerous as a velocipedestrienne, so watch out!

Drawn & Quarterly has acquired North American English rights to Kate Beaton’s Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection. Acquiring editor is Tom Devlin. Step Aside, Pops_ will be published in September 2015.

“Kate’s wit is sharper than ever in Step Aside, Pops,” said Devlin. “She’s found the perfect way to explore her love of history, while effortlessly deflating the pompous, self-righteous figures of authority we were taught to respect in school. Her restlessness has made her drawings even funnier."

Kate Beaton’s first book with Drawn & Quarterly, 2011’s Hark! A Vagrant, was tremendously successful and critically lauded. Hark! spent five months on the New York Times graphic bestseller list, and topped more than twenty-five best of the year lists, including Time, E!, NPR, and Publishers Weekly, quickly becoming one of D+Q’s all-time bestsellers. Just as irreverently funny and carefully researched as Hark!, Step Aside, Pops will bring Beaton’s incisive wit to bear on even more historical, literary, and contemporary figures.

Step Aside, Pops will be distributed in the US by Farrar, Straus & Giroux and in Canada by Raincoast Books. Seth Fishman of The Gernert Company represented Beaton in negotiations.

KATE BEATON is a Canadian cartoonist who began her webcomic Hark! A Vagrant in 2007. Since then, she has become a fan favourite and has garnered a significant following, with illustrations appearing in places like the New Yorker, Harper’s, and Marvel’s Strange Tales anthology. Her first book with D+Q, Hark! A Vagrant, debuted at number one on the New York Times bestseller list. Kate Beaton lives in Toronto, Canada.

I have no idea what this is, but Fantagraphics has been sending me press releases for, like, a million years. Now maybe they'll stop!

STUCK ON STAR TREK (HC)

Publisher: RIZZOLI UNIVERSE PROMOTIONAL

Writer/Art/Cover: JOE CORRONEY

Now At A New Lower Price! An interactive and imaginative way to experience the Star Trek universe using the magic of "Kling-on" pieces. Trekkies and fans of all ages can set their phasers to fun as they reenact their favorite scenes from the original Star Trek universe - or create new, uncharted scenarios! Stuck on Star Trek features ten original and instantly recognizable scenes as well as alien environments, which set the stage for more than thirty reusable "Kling-on" stickers featuring everyone's favorite Starfleet crew!

I would have killed for this when I was 10. 

VOLTRON: FROM THE ASHES #1 (OF 6)

Cover: ALEX MILNE

Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art: BLACKY SHEPHERD

$3.99 / Teen+ / 32 pages

ON SALE DATE: September 16

More than 200 years ago, Voltron Force fought its final battle against the Drule Empire. Voltron has not moved since that battle, but his legacy lives on. Now, an ancient enemy has arisen, and a new Voltron Force must be chosen to pilot the Defender of the Universe!

Dynamite Entertainment is proud to announce the return of the Voltron Force in the pages of Voltron: From the Ashes, an all-new six-issue miniseries written by Cullen Bunn (Deadpool, Captain America) and illustrated by Blacky Shepherd (3 Days in Darkness). Set two hundred years after the events of Dynamite's previous  Voltron series, the miniseries will introduce a new team to pilot the five lions that form the Defender of the Universe. The debut issue will launch in September 2015 and feature cover artwork from acclaimed Transformers artist Alex Milne.

Writer Cullen Bunn says, "You don't grow up in the day and age of my childhood without developing a deep and abiding love for Voltron, so writing the adventures of such an iconic giant robot is a real thrill and a treat. With this story, I hope to show a couple of different sides of Voltron, one vibrant and exciting like the old cartoons, and one a little more dark and even frightening. This dichotomy should be a lot of fun for readers and allow me to explore different sides of the characters involved. For me, Voltron has this mythic quality that I really want to delve into, and I'm excited to see what fans think of my contribution to the Voltron legend!"

Voltron: Defender of the Universe launched as a cartoon series in the United States in 1984, quickly rising to become a top-rated animated series. Its premise involves a team of brave space explorers chosen to pilot five robot lions that combine into the mighty metallic hero Voltron, and their fight to protect the planet Arus, ruled by Princess Allura, from the evil King Zarkon on Planet Doom and his monstrous Robeasts. The series celebrated its 30th Anniversary in 2014.

I have no interest at all in this, but maybe some of you do.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is only a four-issue mini, which is too bad, because I'm enjoying Matilda Finn.

Alright, I'm sold.  I should be able to find the first three issues on the shelf yet.

It's no wonder the mice and ducks are so popular in Europe -- these stories are well done. What's a mystery is why they've never been big in the U.S.

It's unfortunately very simple.  Comics as a whole are no longer only for kids, but mice and ducks still are. 

Another new Image title. I've heard it said that Image is the new Vertigo, and I believe it.

And it's by Rick Remender, who's been killing it lately with Black Science, Deadly Class and Low.

Is there a name for the awkward pose above, that displays all of a woman's assets at the expense of dignity, gravity and physical possibility? If not, there should be.

"Brokeback"- as in she'd have to break her back to turn like that

I have no idea what this is, but Fantagraphics has been sending me press releases for, like, a million years. Now maybe they'll stop!

Anacoqui is a big fan of Hark! A Vagrant.  It's one of the last collections she bought and read. 

I have no interest at all in this, but maybe some of you do.

I think I'm the resident '80s cartoon nerd with plenty of Battle of the Planets and GI Joe in my collection, plus smatterings of Thunder Cats but I've never been a fan of Voltron.  Just a weird quirk, I guess.   

• ...Chris ~ I even think the general limited TV visibility of the Disney shorts characters ~ Even going back to mine kidhood ! ~ contributed to that also . Even Gold Key/Whitman's awful distribution during their last decade...

• Chris Fluit said:

"Brokeback"- as in she'd have to break her back to turn like that

Sold! Is that a Fluit original, or is it in common use and I just don't read the right websites?

• It's common usage, but I'm happy to help out.

• The first issue of all the Double Take comics appear to be available for free on Comixology at the moment.  I'm not entirely sure they're the same material as the printed comics.  I glanced through one of them and it appeared to be 124 pages, but pages in the guided view sense, where it's one panel per page and slight changes make a different page.  Also, the one I looked through was in colour.  So, not really sure if it's the same product or not, but they all have the same covers as what's listed above.

This reply was deleted.