What do you think?

Views: 858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing would surprise me.

DC is now using the new logo as their Facebook avatar.

...Well , they would , wouldn't they ????????? ;-) hehehe

Lee Houston, Junior said:

LOL, exactly! Of course they are. They made a decision. Despite all of the Great Gnashing of Teeth (is there any way the GGN after a big change is actually catching a comic book company off guard?), they're going to go ahead and go with what they've already decided.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Well , they would , wouldn't they ????????? ;-) hehehe

Lee Houston, Junior said:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

If it's animated for DC entertainment, that's cool.

If it's going to appear on comic books, it'll take some getting used to.

I was right. Now that it has started appearing on comic books it will take some getting used to.

I find it interesting that Scooby-Doo is DC Entertainment...not DC Comics, but I guess that kind of makes sense. 

It looks like they were bought out by a new company just called "C" on the comics.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I was right. Now that it has started appearing on comic books it will take some getting used to.

Well, doesn't it seem like we just had this conversation?

Seriously, though, I like the new logo. It's very "x University". Very classic.

It's classic in that it's a simplified version of an earlier one. It seems almost too simplified, especially after the elaborate, confusing logo it replaces. It's hard to believe the same guys who okayed the last one also okayed this one. It'd be nice if that attitude carried through to Rebirth too, but that's a lot to ask.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Jeff of Earth-J said:

And now that I'm used to it, they're changing again!

I do like the retro look of the "new" one, I must admit, but the sticky-peely one was forward-looking. The two are so very different that I, too, find it hard to believe that the same guys who okayed the last one also okayed this one. (Maybe they aren't "the same guys"...?)

I was startled by the new one at first, but I've grown to really like it in a matter of days.

According to Jim Lee:

"The nooks and angles are meant to evoke the Superman ‘S’, the Wonder Woman ‘WW’ emblem and the Bat logo,"

I can't really see any of that myself. But I do like it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service