That darn Barry Alllen! He comes back and leaves a mess all over the place!

DC relaunches all titles post-Flashpoint

Views: 1191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a feeling that their plans for Barbara will lead her back to being Oracle.

I don't necessarily mind getting Barbara Gordon out of the wheelchair (necessarily), but making her Batgirl again just seems to be a HUGE step backward, in terms of the character's growth. And there's no reason, as I see it, that Barbara Gordon can't be out of the wheelchair and still be Oracle. Or retire. Or something.

It's just, that, from what we've seen of the character over all this time, her being Batgirl again -- her wanting to be Batgirl again -- would be like an adult wanting to go back to high school. If anything, if Barbara Gordon wanted to be a costumed adventurer again, which is hard enough to believe, I can't see her going back to Batgirl (Bat"girl"?) but adopting a new persona.

I've always trusted Gail Simone to pull a rabbit out of a hat when she's dealt a bad hand (to mix a couple of metaphors), so I'll give her the same benefit of the doubt she got from me before. After all, she worked wonders with Wonder Woman.

We're getting to the point where we've seen 2/3 of the cards DC has up its sleeve. Anything you're holding your breath for?

Me, I'm hoping Legion, Secret Six, Xombi and Jonah Hex come out of this relatively unchanged -- maybe a little refocusing, but with largely the same creative teams.  

I was also hoping for Night Force #1, but with the announcement of the Dark titles today, it looks like that ship has sailed for now. 

I'd love to see another monthly Sgt. Rock title, though, done in the done-in-one style of Jonah Hex.

More "dark" titles according to CBR...

Voodoo

I, Vampire

RESURRECTION MAN (!!!!!!!!)

I'm honestly surprised it took them so long to resurrect I, Vampire.

I'd love to see another monthly Sgt. Rock title, though, done in the done-in-one style of Jonah Hex.

I think that would be a great idea. I could see someone like Brian Azzarello or Jason Aaron writing that.

Those would be great choices.

I'll second that!

But does Sgt. Rock really need to be a DCU title? No, not really.

I think a Vertigo title focusing on the military would. uh, rock. Especially if it lead with Rock, and then had a rotating backup feature from other modern wars.

Heaven help us if they decide to make Andrew Bennett all sparkly.

Alexandra Kitty said:
I am not sure I am surprised even with how posh emopires, I mean vampires have become since Twilight...

Rob Staeger said:
I'm honestly surprised it took them so long to resurrect I, Vampire.

I think Rob means that the 'Interview with the Vampire' books peaked in popularity, and then Buffy and Blade came and went and now the Twilight thing is almost over -the books have all been published and they are now making the last movie. Not to mention a huge subgenre of undead comics springing up in recent years. All this without DC cashing in on their own homegrown bloodsucker. In retrospect maybe someone was asleep at the wheel, but then the last decade has been strewn with comics thought up by marketing people that didn't have an actual story worth telling.

Lumbering Jack said:

But does Sgt. Rock really need to be a DCU title? No, not really.

Sure, but do you think the DCU will start giving toys to Vertigo now that it's pulled them all back?

I agree that Rock doesn't need the DCU. But I think the DCU is a richer place with Rock.

Besides, it hasn't hurt Jonah Hex any.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service