Replies

• Are you kidding? Superman wouldn't even put Luthor in the Phantom Zone! Not being a lawyer, I get the impression that the US Court system would not look favorably on it. The ACLU definitely would not.

In Justice League of America #63, Superman decided that he was going to keep perrenial pain the Key in suspended animation at the Fortress of Solitude but we later learn in #110 that the courts shot that plan down.

Didn't he put Brainiac on a planet guarded by Superman robots?

The DC heroes never got to decide the fate of their foes. I mean, who do they think they are, Doc Savage? ;-)

• Additionally, back in the time period when Batman and Superman were well-known to be great pals, the Joker wasn't quite the homicidal maniac that he is now.  Really, he didn't start killing indiscriminately until the mid 1970's, and even then he wasn't racking up massive body counts.

• Agreed. Nowadays, the Joker is depicted like a living kill zone. If he wants you dead, you dead. Nothing can save you. Even if he's nowhere near you. Just give up. You dead!

Besides Superman had far more potentially dangerous foes like the Parasite, Metallo, Terra-Man, the Atomic Skull, Whirlicane, the Quakerer, Karb-Brak, etc to deal with!

• Dangerous perhaps, but lately the Joker is as noted a dead zone. If anyone deserves eternal limbo it's him.

• And the readers deserve a wee respite too.  Maybe Kara is heading towards a currently trendy disregard for the law of the land in her comics, and she'll put him away?  Or maybe put her fist through his head?

• He'd only be revived later like Maxwell Lord and Professor Zoom were in Blackest Night.

No harm, no foul.

• Figserello said:

And the readers deserve a wee respite too.  Maybe Kara is heading towards a currently trendy disregard for the law of the land in her comics, and she'll put him away?  Or maybe put her fist through his head?

Has she encountered him? From what little I've read of the current Supergirl she'd be happy to just spear him through the heart with her heat vision.

• Mark S. Ogilvie said:

Figserello said:

And the readers deserve a wee respite too.  Maybe Kara is heading towards a currently trendy disregard for the law of the land in her comics, and she'll put him away?  Or maybe put her fist through his head?

Has she encountered him? From what little I've read of the current Supergirl she'd be happy to just spear him through the heart with her heat vision.

I would pay good, cash money to see that.

• I was over the Joker after the story that had him threatening to kill 20 babies. When Gordon's wife intervenes, she dies a hero. After murdering his wife, Gordon shoots the Joker in the kneecap, declining the opportunity to kill him. Joker wails he will never walk again. Next time we see him he's walking just fine. They'll never get rid of him. He's a cash cow.

• I brought up similar concerns here.

This reply was deleted.