1)"Earth - England - Sherwood Forest - 11190 A.D."

2)"Robin Hood laughs in the face of all!" "And do people ever punch you in the face when you do that?"

3)"I am the Doctor, and this is my spoon!"

4)A miniscope!" A callback to "Carnival of Monsters".

5)"I am totally against bantering!"

6)"Shut it, Hoodie!"

7)I like the whole dynamic between the Doctor and Robin Hood, what with the Doctor refusing to believe that Robin is real, and Robin refusing to take the Doctor seriously.

8)"'Soiled myself'?" "Did you? That's getting into character!"

9)More robots eeeking out the Promised Land, whatever that turns out to be.

10)"Who will rid me of this turbulent Doctor?"  So, the doctor's Thomas à Becket, now?

11)I don't buy the bit with the arrow somehow fixng the engine. It's pure Plot Convenience Playhouse.

12)"I'm just as real as you are." I'm a sucker for stories where legendary characters turn  out to be real. That said, Robin was was maybe a little too much like the legends, enohg so that I figured the reveal was going to have to be that he was a fake.

Overall: I enjoyed this. I'm liking Capaldi's Doctor. for some reaosn, I'm finding it easier to identify with an argumentative old sod than I did with  the handsome young dashing types that came before him.

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

11)I don't buy the bit with the arrow somehow fixng the engine. It's pure Plot Convenience Playhouse.

I rolled my eyes at that one the first time, but I watched this again this evening with Action Lad, and his reaction to that bit was "Cool!"  I think that there ought  to be room in Doctor Who for bits that make 9 year olds go "Cool!", even if occasionally they make grown-ups roll their eyes a little.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service