BARRY’S BIG BAD IS BREAKING NEWS!

CHRIS KLEIN ANNOUNCED AS DC SUPER-VILLAIN CICADA FOR THE FLASH SEASON FIVE

BURBANK, Calif. (July 21, 2018) — After outthinking The Thinker, you’d hope that Barry Allen aka The Flash (Grant Gustin) might have some down time to contemplate his future with his new wife, Iris (Candice Patton). But with their speedster daughter from the future, Nora (new series regular Jessica Parker Kennedy), already grown and a part of their lives, they’ve now got to face Central City’s newest menace — the DC Super-Villain Cicada! Season five pits Team Flash against yet another formidable adversary, the show’s second non-speedster Big Bad, it was revealed by cast and producers at the show’s 2018 Comic-Con panel on Saturday, July 21.

Chris Klein (Election, Oz, American Pie) has signed on as series regular to play next season’s scourge of Central City, Cicada. A grizzled, blue-collar everyman whose family has been torn apart by metahumans, Cicada now seeks to exterminate the epidemic — one metahuman at a time.

The Flash returns for season five on Tuesday, October 9, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Todd Helbing, Sarah Schechter and Eric Wallace. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Cicada

Chris Klein

Views: 591

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think Libby Lawrence ever had super speed. But I think Jesse Chambers Lawrence still had her speed when she took on the Liberty Belle identity. 

And speaking of old footage, the scene with the Particle Accelerator press conference had footage from the first episode, but also folded in footage from last season to insert the Thinker and the Mechanic as well. That scene is getting more and more crowded... and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the last time it's used.

Flash and Supergirl are switching time slots for Elseworlds. Flash will be part 1 of Elseworlds, and will be in Supergirl's usual Sunday time slot on December 9. Arrow is part 2 is on Monday December 10.

Just watched part one. I had been planning to wait and watch all three, but I just couldn't wait.

And it was a hoot. Can I still use that expression? Because it was.

Barry trying to act like Oliver. Oliver trying to act like Barry. The replay of the Flash vs. Arrow battle from Season 2, only reversed. The Monitor. Red skies. "Barry, have you been time traveling again?" (i.e., "Barry, what have you done?") Determined Supergirl. Level-headed Iris. Aw-shucks Superman. AMAZO, ("Sometimes these things just take care of themselves.") Ivo Laboratories. "We have to go to Gotham City."

Good lord, this is the fanboy-iest thing I have ever experienced, and I am not so old and sophisticated to pretend that I am anything other than excited to the max.

Can I still say that? "Excited to the max?" I don't care. 'Cause I am. I have lived long enough to have this much fun with the hobby I've nursed since the mid-1960s. I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm having a blast.

Can I say that? "Having a blast?" Instead of whatever the new cool phrase is? Whatever. It's groovy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service