Brett Favre Unretires For some reason, this story makes me think of this, from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "CUSTOMER: Here's one. CART-MASTER: Ninepence. DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead! CART-MASTER: What? CUSTOMER: Nothing. Here's your ninepence. DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead! CART-MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead! CUSTOMER: Yes he is. DEAD PERSON: I'm not! CART-MASTER: He isn't? CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill. DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better! CUSTOMER: No you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment. CART-MASTER: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations. DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go on the cart! CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby. CART-MASTER: I can't take him. DEAD PERSON: I feel fine! CUSTOMER: Well, do us a favor. CART-MASTER: I can't. CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long. CART-MASTER: No, I've got to go to the Robinson's. They've lost nine today. CUSTOMER: Well, when's your next round? CART-MASTER: Thursday. DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk. CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone you know. Look, isn't there something you can do? DEAD PERSON: [singing] I feel happy... I feel happy."

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My favorite names regarding the Cowboys' new stadium

First, for several years it was called "Jerry World", and I always liked that.
    Now, a local sports station started calling it the "Death Sta"r, as a nerd I really, really liked that. Plus, the name is starting to catch on.

Then we have the humongous 60 yard HD video board. Some people call it the "Screen Monster" which is a neat punny name. My favorite name out of all of them though is that it has also been named the "Board of Damocles". I just love it, always brings a smile to my face.
  • Gillette Stadium sometimes gets called "The Big Razor" but only by sportscasters. I've never heard actual human beings use the term.
  • Sigh.
  • What he said, but coming from a Packers fan...

The Baron said:
    Sigh.
  • ditto. That was an intense game. My job dropped when Arizona sacked Rodgers and ran it back for a TD in overtime. I really thought the Packers had it.

Mickey McLaurin said:
    What he said, but coming from a Packers fan...

The Baron said:
    Sigh.
  • At least the Packers didn't look like chumps, yesterday.
  • Well that's true.

No offense to you Baron, but I am not a Patriots fan. I'm not much of a Ravens fan either. So yesterday was bittersweet.

As far as the playoff games next week, I'm looking forward the most to Cowboys vs Vikings. Not because I'm a diehard fan of either team, I just think that it's going to be the funnest to watch. Both teams are solid on both sides of the ball so it'll be interesting.

It's early still but I'm going to make my superbowl prediction. Cowboys vs Chargers.
  • A buddy of mine is a huge Jets fan. I can't bring myself to root for them, but I wouldn't cry if they beat the Chargers.
  • I made my prediction before this weekend, and will stick by it (especially since it did not involve any teams playing in the wild card round): Vikings over Chargers (but I'll be rooting for the Saints now that the Packers are out)
This reply was deleted.