Brett Favre Unretires

For some reason, this story makes me think of this, from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"CUSTOMER: Here's one.
CART-MASTER: Ninepence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
CART-MASTER: What?
CUSTOMER: Nothing. Here's your ninepence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
CART-MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!
CUSTOMER: Yes he is.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not!
CART-MASTER: He isn't?
CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.
DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!
CUSTOMER: No you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
CART-MASTER: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go on the cart!
CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.
CART-MASTER: I can't take him.
DEAD PERSON: I feel fine!
CUSTOMER: Well, do us a favor.
CART-MASTER: I can't.
CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
CART-MASTER: No, I've got to go to the Robinson's. They've lost nine today.
CUSTOMER: Well, when's your next round?
CART-MASTER: Thursday.
DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk.
CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone you know. Look, isn't there something
you can do?
DEAD PERSON: [singing] I feel happy... I feel happy."

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wild Card Thoughts:

1)Cincinnati Bengals vs. Houston Still Has a Football Team? :  No idea. Let's flip a coin. Heads, Bengals, tails, whoever they are. Tails, it is, and the Houston Whatevers get my pick.

2)Detroit Lions vs. New Orleans Saints: Stay handy, Mr. Coin! Heads, Lions, tails, Saints.  Heads, this time, so the Lions get my pick.

3)Atlanta Falcons vs. New York Giants:  Gotta go with the Giants, even if they did mess up the Pats' unbeaten season a few years back.

4)Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Denver Broncos:  Never thought I'd find myself rooting for the hated Curtain, but, please, Steelers, just crush Denver utterly, so I can go the longest possible time without hearing about how wonderful Tim Tebow is!

My wild card picks:

1)Bengals v Texans- Bengals

2) Lions v Saints- Saints

3) Falcons v Giants- This one is tough, I'm going with the Falcons

4) Steelers v Broncos- Steelers

I always do my Super Bowl Pick early and I'm always wrong. However this year I really think we're going to have a Packers/Patriots game. Unless there's some mishap, I think the Pats have the AFC locked up. Packers are pretty strong but could be taken down by either the Saints or the 49ers.

I'd love to see my Lions win this game but I think they're pretty over-matched. 

Sportstradamus' picks.

Cincy vs- Houston - The Bengals only beat like 1 team with a winning record. Plus they previously lost at home to Houston. Houston's defense is darn good. I'll take Houston,and I hate Houston

Lions vs Saints - My upset special. Give me the Lions, although I don't know why I think the Lions D can stop Brees and co.

Falcon vs Giants - He gets a lot of grief, but Eli does usually play pretty good in big games. Give me the Giants

Steelers vs Broncos - The Steelers defense will make the Broncos look silly. Although I am worried about that Mendenhall injury. Steelers big I think.

My picks when it comes to NFL football, which I care about at least 50% less than I do NCAA, are strictly emotional--in other words, who I hope will win vs. who I actually think will win statistically. When both line up with each other, it's a happy coincidence.

My picks:

Cincinnati vs. Houston: Cincinnati

Detroit vs. New Orleans: New Orleans

Atlanta vs. New York: New York

Pittsburgh vs. Denver: Pittsburgh

And who I hope will win the whole shebang: This Boilermaker has to go with a fellow Boilermaker, Drew Brees, and his Saints.

I was a big Bengals fan in the days of Boomer Esiason and Reggie Williams. And Eli is the good little brother of Peyton, who I fear may leave the Colts when his contract is up now that Irsay has fired his buddy, Bill Polian as GM.

So, I went two-for-two, as the Lions and Steelers let me down.  So, on to the next round:

1)New Orleans Saints vs. San Francisco 49ers: Gotta go with the Saints, here.

2)Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots: Pats, of course!

3)New York Giants vs. Green Bay Packers: This is a tough one to call, so we'll break out our old friend, Mr. Coin. Heads, Giants, tails, Packers.  Tails.  Looks like it's Green Bay.

4)Houston Still Has A Football Team? vs. Baltimore Still Has a Football Team?: Houston, I guess.

I only got 1 right.

This week:

1)NO vs SF- tough call. 49ers

2)Denver vs NE- NE will crush them. I think...

3) New York Football Giants vs Green Bay- Packers all the way

4) Houston vs Baltimore- I think the Ravens have this one.

I got two right with Tim 316 eking out that win in OT. This week I think is tougher than last week.I wouldn't be surprised if I go 0-fer

1. Give me the 49ers over the Saints.

2. The Giants over the Packers.

3. The Patsies take down Tebow and co.

4. The Ravens over Houston. I think the Ravens defense will make T.J. Yates look silly.

I don't generally toot my own horn, BUT "TOOT! TOOT!" Nailed it, 4 for 4.

Travis Herrick said:

I got two right with Tim 316 eking out that win in OT. This week I think is tougher than last week.I wouldn't be surprised if I go 0-fer

1. Give me the 49ers over the Saints.

2. The Giants over the Packers.

3. The Patsies take down Tebow and co.

4. The Ravens over Houston. I think the Ravens defense will make T.J. Yates look silly.

I got 3 right this time, not too shabby. However my prediction of Pats vs Packers is not going to happen now. I love the Packers but boy did they look bad last night.

I'm holding out for the 49ers but the way the Giants are playing we could see a repeat of that Patriots/Giants superbowl from a few years back.

Jason Marconnet said:

I only got 1 right.

This week:

1)NO vs SF- tough call. 49ers

2)Denver vs NE- NE will crush them. I think...

3) New York Football Giants vs Green Bay- Packers all the way

4) Houston vs Baltimore- I think the Ravens have this one.

I only got one right. As for next week:

1)The New York Giants vs. the San Francisco 49ers: Giants.

2)The New England Patriots vs. the Baltimore Ravens: Patriots.

Giants

Patriots

I say this only to see Eli beat Tom Brady.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service