Why can't Marvel make good comics anymore? Back in the 1970s, those comics were good. Spider-Man was fighting real villains like Green Goblin and Big Wheel. Now we've got a stupid goblin wannabe and idiots like The Spot and The Answer. Who comes up with these names anyway?
And now we've got a comic about a Canadian super hero team! What the crap. Who cares what happens in Canada anyway! A guy with a big dumb leaf on his suit? Come on. Why can't we get Nova back ... or even Omega. At least they were Americans!
And why are they wasting all these writers and artists on movie adaptations and comics about a stupid Army toyline! These don't even exist in the same world as Iron Man. Want to know why? Because Iron Man would blow apart the terrorist's secret base with his unibeam, that's why! And "Star Wars"? That's an awful book -- I mean I saw the movies and their OK -- but the story's over when they blew up the second Death Star. There's nothing more to explore. Why can't we get a Killraven book instead? It's all sci-fi.
Then the other day I was at the drug store and saw "The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe" which is basically a big encyclopedia for Marvel. Why? They get everything wrong. They actually say that the Thing can lift 75 tons and Captain America can lift 1 ton. Really? I haven't seen Cap punch someone's head off. I swear, they're just making things up and selling us a collection of pinups. One of them even had the colors wrong for Man-Ape.
Ole Merry Marvel is going downhill fast, and I'm dropping comics like crazy. I'm thinking of just picking up books from Eclipse or maybe even Continuity. They're so much more realistic anyway.

(Idea swiped from CBR forums!)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dave Cockrum has left the X-Men! This sucks! I'm dropping the title before it gets any worse!

What's this? Matt Murdock never had a girlfriend named "Elektra"when he was in college!

I don't like that new artist on Thor. His style is too different!

• <applause>
  • ...BTW , maybe you should read my last response , to the Record Club of America entry in the Blogs section...
  • Man, as much as I loved the Death of Captain Marvel "graphic novel" that Marvel just put out, I just don't see any future for these super-large expensive comics. It doesn't even fit in a comic box! No one is going to want comics they have to put on a bookshelf.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• Dagwan, dude, the graphic novel is the future. It doesn't need a bag or a backboard. Best of all, it goes on a bookshelf. A regular bookshelf! Just imagine, not having to find someplace to keep my box of comics that's safe and out of the way.
  • New Teen Titans??? Where's Speedy and Aqualad? And Gnark? Who cares about these new guys? Cyborg? Rip-off of The Six Million Dollar Man! Raven? Moondragon with hair! Starfire? Hello, DC! You got TWO Starfires already!
  • If I can't have Gnarrk, you can keep your revolution.
  • Man, this Atari Force is really awesome!  I bet it lasts longer than this stupid Canadian mutant reject team.
This reply was deleted.