Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread

Overall, I thought it was okay.  I felt there were too many glib lines, and while there was some mystery, not enough to keep me truly interested.

A handful of thoughts:

* I dislike Skye and Ward from the get-go.  Too glib, too competent, too attractive, too obvious. Total Riker vibe from Ward.

* Was that a Ron Glass sighting?

* Fitz and Simmons feels a little too pushed too.

* There are 50 gazillion heroes and villains in the 616 universe.  I know Marvel doesn't want to pay any extra royalties, but a few familiar names would have been nice.  Hydra? AIM? Scorpio? The Hellfire Club?

* Has the Super-Soldier Serum become the go-to evil plan?

* No good explanation for Coulson's survival.  I was really expecting to hear LMD.

* I'm just not buying into this yet. At the same time, Whedon's got a rep for pulling rabbit's out of hats, so we'll see.

* Oh yeah, the ending made zero sense to me.  Did the bullet not pierce his skin?  Was it a special bullet to fix his condition?  Really hard to tell.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I watched it and thought it was OK. I believe it has potential to get better though.

This episode was a little rushed in getting the team together so we didn't see much development from them.

I liked the Maria Hill appearance.

The opening story line with the down-on-his-luck guy with superpowers was kind of by the numbers and not very interesting. Hopefully there'll be some more intriguing plots in the future.

I didn't see the twist with person the hero saved in the fire coming.

Overall while there were some funny moments this was to me just another hour of TV. I'm going to keep watching to see if it gets better. It felt like while they want to explore some different concepts, they were playing it a little too safe.

• So where the hell was David Hasselhoff?

david_hasselhoff_nick_fury.jpg

• IIRC, they did drop some hints that would point towards Coulson being an LMD. Something to the effect of, "He doesn't know?"... "He can never know."
  • I just want the car!

• ...Is there any place online one could legally view the first eppy ???

I missed it:-( .

• Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod) said:

I watched it and thought it was OK. I believe it has potential to get better though.

This episode was a little rushed in getting the team together so we didn't see much development from them.

I liked the Maria Hill appearance.

The opening story line with the down-on-his-luck guy with superpowers
    ...Demolition Man ?????????

• Is LMD the prevailing Coulson theory? He twice described his stay in Tahiti as 'magical,' and I was figuring there's something to be read into that.

This show got a lot of positive pre-release buzz, but I watched it last night and I wasn't feeling it. It was a just OK, in my experience. Which is not to say it can't gel and find its way in short order.
  • I think it had first show-itis; show the leads, get the team together, show the recurring bad guy, solve the week's problem. I thought there was enough little bits to enjoy the episode and keep watching.

• I think it's on Hulu.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Is there any place online one could legally view the first eppy ???

I missed it:-( .

• Absolutely. I think it could improve significantly, especially if Whedon hits us with a few surprises.  Part of my disdain was the "been there, done that" feeling it elicited from me.

David Warren said:

I think it had first show-itis; show the leads, get the team together, show the recurring bad guy, solve the week's problem. I thought there was enough little bits to enjoy the episode and keep watching.

This reply was deleted.