Legends of Tomorrow (The New Arrow/ Flash Spinoff Series)

The CW officially ordered the long-rumored series today.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/flasharrow-gets-a-series-order...

The show's going to feature Rip Hunter gathering a team of heroes and villains to stop some sort of Apocalyptic event which threatens all of time and space  (Is it safe to assume that all of Eobard Thawne's time-traveling shenanigans over on The Flash are going to play a role in creating this catastrophic event?)

The Atom, Martin Stein, Sarah Lance/ The Canary, Heat Wave, Captain Cold, Hawkgirl / Kendra Saunders and a new character named Jay Jackson (whose origins sound a lot like Cyborg's) will make up the core members of the team.

This sounds like a lot of fun, but as I mentioned on the Flash thread a few months ago, I'm concerned that Greg Berlanti and his crew are spreading themselves a bit too thin.  Arrow's had a pretty weak season this year, and that's with only one additional program on their plate.  Throw in this show, the upcoming Supergirl series, and the Vixen animated series, I'm starting to worry about the quality control of all this programming.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ray Palmer said this week (on Arrow, I think) that he was working on miniaturization. Nice to actually see it.

Since my Roku streams YouTube to my 46 inch TV I looked for and watched Legends of Tomorrow trailer and the Supergirl full-length trailer in full size. I think they're both official posts. They both look very good.

That's ... interesting. Some kind of ersatz Justice League guided by Rip Hunter? Um, OK. And The Atom finally gets small. And Sara pops out of a Lazarus Pit. Firestorm is more Human Torch than element-changer. And Hawkgirl is, um, pretty hot.

But I haaaaaaaaaaate the name.

Yeah, I love tons of things about what we've seen, but that name is god-awful. 

I remember saying that I didn't think they'd use the Lazarus Pit so soon after Thea. I was proven wrong.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service