For me so far:

Amazing Spider-Man: No.  There's some interesting ideas in here, but not enough to spare some of my limited budgets of comics money/reading time.

Guardians of the Galaxy:  Yes. Just interesting enough to give them a chance.    
                                   
The New Avengers: Yes. So far, they seem to be treating Squirrel Girl well.        
                                   
Spider-Gwen: Yes. So far, they've maintained the quality from the previous book.      
                             
The Uncanny Avengers:  Maybe. It's mildly interesting, but I really don't like Deadpool.      
                   
How about you?

Views: 1986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People want voices and movement. Comics might survive if they last long enough for technology to make them talk and move.

Female nerds? Dang! Where were they hiding when I was younger?

Heck, the only reason I'm there is because I'm writing a series of articles on Marvel #1s. After Marvel's through rebooting, I'll go back to Amazon and review e-copies. I have 10 times more material to read weekly than I have time for, and I'm not reading Marvel or DC much at all. Sad but true.

Ron M. said:

People want voices and movement. Comics might survive if they last long enough for technology to make them talk and move.

If they talk and move I think they stop being comics.

Female nerds? Dang! Where were they hiding when I was younger?

Back when I was going to the early San Diego Cons (and was single), the only woman there was Wendy Pini, who of course was married. Women only started showing up in significant numbers after I was old and married.



Richard Willis said:

Women only started showing up in significant numbers after I was old and married.

Actually, they were waiting for you to get old and married before going to the cons. There are memos.

The only other ones besides Wendy Pini I ever heard of were Roy Thomas' first wife and that artist that said she was a witch. I think her name was Paty.

Are you maybe thinking of Cat Yronwode?

Bevedere: How did you know she's a witch?

Crowd: She's dressed like one!

Accused: They dressed me this way. And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.

Bevedere: Did you dress her this way?

Crowd: No! No! No! Well, yes. Yes. A bit. We did do the nose. And the hat. But she has got warts!

Wikipedia says she was Dave Cockrum's wife. I remember in the Official Guide to the Marvel Universe they had her draw aliens on the last couple of pages of every issue.

 photo roflmao.gif

Captain Comics said:


Richard Willis said:

Women only started showing up in significant numbers after I was old and married.

Actually, they were waiting for you to get old and married before going to the cons. There are memos.

I got Daredevil #1 and #2. Clearly, they intend to dole out in dribs and drabs how Matt Murdock is a) back in New York, b) again a practicing lawyer, c) now working for the District Attorney's office and d) once again has a secret secret identity.

The answers to those questions, I fear, are far more interesting than going back to the well Frank Miller dug and giving us ninjas, again(!). But I trust Charles Soule, so I'll stick around for a bit. 

I trust Soule too, but the introduction of last issue's villains left me wary.

ClarkKent_DC said:

I got Daredevil #1 and #2. Clearly, they intend to dole out in dribs and drabs how Matt Murdock is a) back in New York, b) again a practicing lawyer, c) now working for the District Attorney's office and d) once again has a secret secret identity.

The answers to those questions, I fear, are far more interesting than going back to the well Frank Miller dug and giving us ninjas, again(!). But I trust Charles Soule, so I'll stick around for a bit. 

I am, too. If this book turns out to be all about ninjas and the Kingpin and Elektra and Stick and the Hand all over again, I'm bailing -- I've read all that stuff!



Randy Jackson said:

I trust Soule too, but the introduction of last issue's villains left me wary.

ClarkKent_DC said:

I got Daredevil #1 and #2. Clearly, they intend to dole out in dribs and drabs how Matt Murdock is a) back in New York, b) again a practicing lawyer, c) now working for the District Attorney's office and d) once again has a secret secret identity.

The answers to those questions, I fear, are far more interesting than going back to the well Frank Miller dug and giving us ninjas, again(!). But I trust Charles Soule, so I'll stick around for a bit. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
17 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Actually, that's not entirely true. I did buy one addition issue, #129. VERTIGO: I…"
28 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"National Roller Coaster Day?  I did not know that! Fortunately, I've got lots of roller…"
38 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
""Oh, wow.. that's kind of dizzying..." I used to have a theory to explain, in story,…"
52 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"I'll get to this week's releases soon, but I wanted to mention that DC just put all of…"
1 hour ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Today is National Rollercoaster Day here in the United States and this is the only one I've…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Oh, wow.. that's kind of dizzying... I love it!  Although in the name of simplicity, I…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman - "Season of Mists"
"When I first learned that our friend was interested in reading Sandman, I immediately offered to…"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion "The Flash" movie star Ezra Miller busted for burglary
"Ezra Miller has issued an apology for his actions and legal troubles. Well, if he's sorry,…"
6 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I don't know what kind of act Storm would do besides ruining everybody's day at the…"
6 hours ago
doc photo replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion R.I.P. Paul Coker Jr., of MAD Magazine and Rankin/Bass TV specials
"Coker had a very recognizable style. Knowing his work from Mad, one could easily spot his hand on…"
6 hours ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service