Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 5222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Prisoner #1.

This week I'm going to have to go with Brian Michael Bendis' Man of Steel #1.

Love him or hate it, it's going to be influential any way you look at it.

That's the problem.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Did the JLA sit round a table all making the same jokes/quips..?

Randy Jackson said:

That's the problem.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Lots of "new #1s" this week, but I find myself looking forward to Immortal Hulk #1. I'm not sure why. I'm not particularly enamored of the premise and don't really expect to like it any more than the several other "Hulk" relaunches of the past several years, but I find myself looking forward to it nonetheless.

My LCS was sold out of Immortal Hulk last week by the time I got there, but I bought three other new #1s.

This week, there are three more new #1s I plan to try.

I think my favorite issue from the past week was Justice League. I mentioned elsewhere that it was wordy, but it was a lot of fun.

I nominate Justice League just for the "Batman voice" scene.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service