I was watching the Savage/Warrior "retirement" match on disk last night, and it came to the ending where Elizabeth threw Sherri out of the ring, and the thought came to me, "Both of these women are dead now, it's depressing."

Views: 3220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Geez, I thought he died years ago.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

He did drop a lot of weight.

I may have had him confused with Johnny Valiant..

Bray Wyatt has been released by WWE despite the Fiend being one of their top merchandise sellers!

No idea what's going on over there!

I haven't followed WWE closely for a long time, but scuttlebutt I've heard is that they want to keep the company financially fit so as not to scare off any potential buyers for the company. I gather he's got a 90 day no-compete clause, and after that he can join Punk and Danielson in AEW, I guess.

Philip Portelli said:

Bray Wyatt has been released by WWE despite the Fiend being one of their top merchandise sellers!

No idea what's going on over there!

From what I've heard, Father Time has finally caught up with Vince, and the Levesques would be happy enough to cash out.  No idea how Shane feels about it, but I have the impression he's not as devoted to the business as his Dad always has been.

Triple H seems devoted to NXT so if the company is sold, it will be interesting to see what, if any, role he retains.

The Baron said:

From what I've heard, Father Time has finally caught up with Vince, and the Levesques would be happy enough to cash out.  No idea how Shane feels about it, but I have the impression he's not as devoted to the business as his Dad always has been.

Would it constitute irony if the new owner treated him the way Turner's people treated the Crocketts and promised to keep him on and then dumped him after a month?

Philip Portelli said:

Triple H seems devoted to NXT so if the company is sold, it will be interesting to see what, if any, role he retains.

The Baron said:

Looks like Ric Flair has been released from the WWE, too.

Jody Hamilton, one of the original Assassins tag team and the one who continued to use the name and mask for years afterward with other partners, died yesterday. His son, former referee Nick Patrick, reported his passing.

Today is Stan Lane's birthday, and I just saw that Bobby Eaton passed away last night. Bobby's wife died just over a month ago.

Ah, what a shame.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Today is Stan Lane's birthday, and I just saw that Bobby Eaton passed away last night. Bobby's wife died just over a month ago.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
""Barnabas... BEING the secret Edith didn't want anyone to know about..." "You!…"
26 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Gigantor, the Space Age Robot or Tetsugin 28-go ("Iron Man no.28")! "
36 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion A Look Back at Vertigo: Shade the Changing Man
"Issues 5 and 6 take place in Hollywood, and are mostly concerned with how fake everything is. The…"
1 hour ago
Commander Benson replied to Commander Benson's discussion Deck Log Entry # 240 Requiem for a Son
"Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.  Tragedy comes to all men.  This was…"
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Dark Shadows went from being a soap opera with mild Gothic elements to a spookfest where…"
2 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"I've seen up through episode 709 now.  Barnabas is pretty ensconced in the family…"
2 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Robot dog?  Robot dog! Also Daleks, and (not pictured) "Robots of Death!""
4 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Three from Bob Hope"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"MANHUNTER: WRITER: Jack Kirby ARTIST: Jack Kirby PEDIGREE: Golden  Age Simon & Kirby…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Oh, I forgot to mention Mr. Fantastic's new power yesterday. In order to disguise himself, he…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
""After that, the Pierce Brosnan ones, I think (and maybe read the novelizations as…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"MethodEng posted the Spider-Slayer Mark I back on December 2. Here's the Mark II..."
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service