I was watching the Savage/Warrior "retirement" match on disk last night, and it came to the ending where Elizabeth threw Sherri out of the ring, and the thought came to me, "Both of these women are dead now, it's depressing."

Views: 3309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know that it's been confirmed anywhere.

Philip Portelli said:

Which would be odd since Steamboat had health issues during his last run with WWE.

The Baron said:

In other wrestling news, Ric Flair is going to wrestle, what'll this be, his third "final match"?   I've no idea what kind of condition he's in, I'd heard that he'd had surgery not that long ago.  Setting aside the greater-than-zero chance that he might drop dead in the ring, I'd hate to see him come pout and be this doddering old guy obviously carried by the other workers. Rumor has it that the Rock and Rolls' "mystery partner" will be Rick Steamboat.

According to this, Steamboat's saying that he was approached to do it, but he turned it down.

Philip Portelli said:

Which would be odd since Steamboat had health issues during his last run with WWE.

The Baron said:

In other wrestling news, Ric Flair is going to wrestle, what'll this be, his third "final match"?   I've no idea what kind of condition he's in, I'd heard that he'd had surgery not that long ago.  Setting aside the greater-than-zero chance that he might drop dead in the ring, I'd hate to see him come pout and be this doddering old guy obviously carried by the other workers. Rumor has it that the Rock and Rolls' "mystery partner" will be Rick Steamboat.

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

It's very strange with Vince voluntarily stepping down without his usual bluster! Plus Stephanie goes from taking a leave of absence (and getting slammed for being bad at her job) to becoming the interim CEO/Chairwoman of WWE! There are going to be some awkward meetings!

Vince is still in charge of the shows though who knows for how long?

The Baron said:

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Ace soon gains an in-depth knowledge of what the underside of a bus looks like.

Philip Portelli said:

It's very strange with Vince voluntarily stepping down without his usual bluster! Plus Stephanie goes from taking a leave of absence (and getting slammed for being bad at her job) to becoming the interim CEO/Chairwoman of WWE! There are going to be some awkward meetings!

Vince is still in charge of the shows though who knows for how long?

The Baron said:

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

I liked his brothers more anyway.

According to sources, no one will miss him! 

And he's not going to have a happy homelife!

The Baron said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Ace soon gains an in-depth knowledge of what the underside of a bus looks like.

Philip Portelli said:

It's very strange with Vince voluntarily stepping down without his usual bluster! Plus Stephanie goes from taking a leave of absence (and getting slammed for being bad at her job) to becoming the interim CEO/Chairwoman of WWE! There are going to be some awkward meetings!

Vince is still in charge of the shows though who knows for how long?

The Baron said:

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

The "death" of Vince has been predicted many times. I won't go that far just yet, since he has more lives that a cat.

Vince McMahon Settles Oliver Luck Lawsuit  Guess he wants to keep to one legal issue at a time.

Vince is said to have paid more than $12million in hush money  If it's true, then it's easily three times more than he paid for WCW..

4

Now everyone is speculating who these three other women are. Two were on-air talents.

The Baron said:

Vince is said to have paid more than $12million in hush money  If it's true, then it's easily three times more than he paid for WCW..

4

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Cynthia Doyle wasn't all love story."
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"#97-99 - "The Legion of the Living Lightning" The Hulk accidentally leaps into a…"
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Timeline of The Doctor's Adventures in the Order That the Doctor Experienced Them
"Updated through "Full Circle"."
5 hours ago
Commander Benson replied to Captain Comics's discussion Bond #4: 'Diamonds Are Forever'
"The last two Bond films I've seen are Timothy Dalton's The Living…"
8 hours ago
Commander Benson replied to Captain Comics's discussion Bond #4: 'Diamonds Are Forever'
"Man, the things you miss out on when you've been away for awhile! I finally took the time,…"
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
""...neither the Hulk, Howard, you nor I made the world we live in." Like the petulant…"
10 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"It is Dick Giordano's signature and art Steve W. Mister G did a lot of work (and started at?)…"
11 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"....and she went on to play Wonder Woman on TV."
12 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"Despite the fact that the High Evolutionary was later resurrected, as with Boomerang, I consider…"
12 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"#95's COVER BLURB: The quote comes from Alfred Edward Housman's poem "The Laws of…"
12 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion To be... HULK-inued!
"#99: You wake up in a cell next to Betty Ross, who is lying unconscious on the floor. You are…"
13 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"#97-99 - "The Legion of the Living Lightning" The Hulk accidentally leaps into a small…"
13 hours ago

© 2023   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service