Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show starts tonight. Anyone else watching?

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish more people on this board liked this show. Tracy and I are always trying to anticipate what’s going to happen next, but unlike, say, CSI (which is a forensic mystery), this is more in the suspense genre. As I said before, there are lots of clues and lots of red herrings, and there’s no event which doesn’t have two possible interpretations (or two possible suspects/perpetrators). Some of the red herrings are dealt with and eliminated almost immediately, but the fun is trying to keep track of which clues are still on the table. Also, so far we haven’t been show a single scene (that I know of) which would lead to one, definitive conclusion (such as two characters having a reliable conversation about what’s really going on). That may be considered chain-yanking by some, but I think of it as structure which gives away everything, yet reveals nothing.

I don’t know how the premise is goping to be maintained beyond the first season, but I’m sure they have something in mind.

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:
What's not to like? It's soapy, but fun soapy.

Exactly!

Ana! Have you and Chris watched it yet? I curious to hear what you thought since you two are the ones who got Tracy and I watching BTVS in the first place.

We've watched the first two episodes.  We're on the fence about it as a long-term show but for now, we're checking it out an episode at a time.  We really like the cast (but c'mon, Doc, it's Buffy, Richard Alpert and Horatio Hornblower!) but we wish the directing was a little bit better.  In that way, it kind of reminds us of last season's Hawaii 5-0: great cast, weak writing.

You mean Buffy, Anthony Garcia, and William Wilberforce?
:)
There were no new mysteries introduced last night, but the plot progressed on all fronts. [SPOILERS for last night’s episodes.] Perhaps the most significant (and highest number of) changes occurred in relation to Siobhan’s “best friend,” Gemma. Early on in the episode, Gemma learns that Siobhan has a twin sister; later she learns that Siobhan has been having an affair with her husband; and at the very end, Bridget confesses her true identity. It remains to be seen whether or not Gemma believes her, but judging from the previews of next week’s episode (which can be deceptive), she does. (It would have been interesting to have seen Alyson Hannigan in the role of Gemma.)

One gets the impression that if Bridget would just take someone from Siobhan’s life into her confidence, that he or she would understand and become an ally. A dream sequences which leads the episodes foreshadows what a bad idea that would be.

Siobhan’s unseen confederate (as well as exactly what she’s up to) remains a mystery.

I disagree with any who say SMG doesn’t have the acting chops to pull the subtle differences required for dual roles. Plus, they are identical twins, “Ringers”; they are by definition very much alike.

The show has introduced Lost-like flashback sequences from a variety of time periods, even added two girl twins to play the sisters when they were younger.

This show keeps getting better and better.

So, which of the sisters is actually a ganger?

Wikipedia synopsis: "Twin sisters Bridget and Siobhan (both played by Gellar) have been at odds for the last six years and find that their lives are both unraveling at the same rate. Bridget, a recovering addict and ex-stripper, is on the run from the mob after witnessing a murder. She flees to her twin sister Siobhan's home. The sisters seem to be repairing their broken relationship until Siobhan mysteriously disappears overboard during a boat trip the sisters take together. Bridget soon discovers her sister's seemingly perfect life is full of secrets after she is attacked in Siobhan's future apartment."
I'm going to need more context.  I know it's a jokey comment and I thought, maybe, it was a wrestling term...but I can't find a reference.

The Baron said:

So, which of the sisters is actually a ganger?

I like the show a lot, too.  Between it, Glee, and The New Girl...Tuesday may be my favorite overall night of TV.
Shame on you, Doctor  ;)  - "ganger" is form one of the more recent Doctor Who episodes - "The Almost People"/"The Rebel Flesh", the one with the artificial duplicates of everyone.
Oh..."slaps head". 
Well, I've been re-watching Series 6.1 lately in preparation for getting to see Series 6.2, so the episodes are fresh in my mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service