Star Trek: Discovery (DIS) launched in 2017 on the streaming platform CBS All-Access (an ironic name if ever there was one). I waited until it came out on DVD then, to kill time waiting for season two (to be released on DVD), I watched all of Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG), Deep Space Nine (DS9), Voyager (VOY) and the fourth season of Enterprise (ENT). By this time, DIS season three is out on DVD and I have yet to watch season two. Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed with season one... at least not as the prequel it is purported to be. As a reboot of the franchise, I liked it fine, yet the showrunners insist it is in continuity, despite the fact it seems to violate canon in a major way. I came to the show knowing that there would be no visual continuity with the original show and I was prepared to accept that, but I did expect there to be story continuity. (When I say "visual continuity," I am referring to the ships and uniforms, not the Klingons.) Honestly, I could have gotten to this discussion much earlier, I really just didn't care to. I am told that season two takes steps to reconcile the continuity differences. We shall see. I plan to start over with season one. Here's a look at what's ahead.

SEASON ONE:

1. The Vulcan Hello - -p1

2. Battle at the Binary Stars - p1

3. Context is for Kings - p1

4. The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry - p1

5. Choose Your Pain - p2

6. Lethe - p2

7. Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad - p2

8. Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - p2

9. Into the Forest I Go - p2

10. Despite Yourself - p2

11. The Wolf Inside - p2

12. Vaulting Ambition - p3

13. What's Past is Prologue - p3

14. The War Without, the War Within - p3

15. Will You Take My Hand? - p3

SEASON TWO:

1. Brother - p3

2. New Eden - p3

3. Point of Light - p3

4. An Obol for Charon - p4

5. Saints of Imperfection - p4

6. The Sound of Thunder - p4

7. Light and Shadows - p4

8. If Memory Serves - p4

9. Project Daedalus - p4

10. The Red Angel - p5

11. Perpetual Infinity - p5

12. Through the Valley of Shadows - p5

13. Such Sweet Sorrow - p6

14. Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2 - p6

SEASON THREE:

1. That Hope is You, Part 1

2. Far From Home

3. People of Earth

4. Forget Me Not

5. Die trying

6. Scavengers

7. Unification III

8. The Sancuary

9. Terra Firma, Part 1

10. Terra Firma, Part 2

11. Su'Kal

12. There is a Tide...

13. That Hope is You, Part 2

Views: 671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Synchronicity: So... I'm reading Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and I learn: "We Chinese call the land we live in Shenzou. It's meaning is in fact 'The Land of God'." Captain Georgio's ship was the Shenzou, and Michelle Yeoh (who played Georgio) starred in both the movie version of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as well as Star Trek: Discovery.

Saw a video on-line poking fun at the disconnect between Discovery and previous Trek by asking why Voyager  couldn't have used the spore drive to get home as a one-time emergency thing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Captain Comics replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"Fantagraphics lists Carl Barks Library Vol 27 for September!"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I'm adding the Carlin doc to my tobewatched list."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"DC: THE NEW FRONTIER: This 2004 Darwyn Cooke mini-series treats DC comic of the 1950s as if they…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I think: lower left corner is Archie Goodwin; bottom center is Denny O'Neil; by…"
2 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Someone else has already posted the classic Strange Adventures' Deadman cover this one is…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #33: I have to remind myself that Alan Moore wrote this issue four years before Neil Gaiman…"
2 hours ago
Doctor Hmmm? replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Batwheels' premieres this fall
"Missed Opportunity: Leaper the Bat-Truck"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Jeff of Earth-J said: ISSUE #32: Despite the cover, this issue is a seriocomic and…"
3 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Batman Annual #14, 1990. (And I always thought that, in the northern hemisphere, the first day of…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I only read a few issues of HoM and HoS back inn the day, but I don't remember…"
7 hours ago
Captain Comics posted discussions
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #33: This issue is a reprint of the first Swamp Thing story (from House of Mystery #92) with…"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service