PRESS RELEASE

OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE AND INTO THE FIRE! TEAM FLASH MEETS NEW CHALLENGES (AND CHARACTERS) IN THE FLASH SEASON FOUR!

Cast and Producers Reveal New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — After three seasons of running, you’d think Barry Allen would deserve a break. He’s faced his evil-twin time remnant, saved his fiancée from the God of Speed and even sacrificed himself to stabilize the Speed Force. But now, in season four, Allen (aka The Flash) and his team will face new threats with the addition of some new characters, it was revealed at the 2017 Comic-Con panel for The Flash on Saturday, July 22. From the official reveal of next season’s big bad and more, the news had fans racing at a fever pitch.

Danny Trejo

Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s.

Neil Sandilands as The Thinker

Arriving in Central City as next season’s central super villain, Neil Sandilands (The 100, The Americans) will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, aka The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash that pits the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

Kim Engelbrecht

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has been set as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.

The Flash returns for season four on Tuesday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Todd Helbing and Sarah Schechter. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Views: 2204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Y'know, I completely forgot about all that stuff, and I have no idea about how any of it will relate to the endgame.

I'm intrigued by the rift between The Thinker and The Mechanic. Okay, she's left him, but what does she do now? Will she actively oppose him? Will she help Team Flash? And how much will her absence cripple his efforts?

There was the always welcome presence of District Attorney Cecile -- or as Harrison Wells says, "DA Cecile Horton." She's been away so long, I'd forgotten about her psychic powers, but it has a useful, unexpected benefit: as Wells goes through his "Flowers for Algernon" phase, she's able to capture his thoughts before they're lost forever.

And then there's Cisco and Gypsy. The rift isn't her dad's job offer, since neither of them want him to take the job; it's that he wants to move forward and she wants the status quo. So they break up. Ouch.

I enjoyed seeing the early stages of the Thinker/Mechanic relationship. It's interesting to see bad guys starting out as regular people (at least in her case) before they go down the wrong path. That's what made Breaking Bad so fascinating, watching Walter White's very slow corruption and destruction.

In the Flash season finale, I got a couple confirmations on my hunches:

1) The echolalia Barry was exhibiting at the start of the season was related to the Enlightenment -- we see Harry speak the same way as his mind collapses.

2) Mysterious Speedster Girl is Nora, Barry & Iris's daughter. They're going against canon by not naming her Dawn, but frankly, it's a good choice. What motivation do they have for choosing the names Don and Dawn, anyway?

I was very happy with Wells's send-off. Him getting his brain back, but not the hyper intellect, instead becoming a more emotionally aware person, was a great moment, I thought. I hope we see him again. (We'll see Tom Cavanaugh again, at least, as another Wells, next year.)

Very glad to see Ralph again, too. The show's not the same without him. According to the producer, the other metas DeVoe absorbed are "toast," though. Black Bison, we hardly knew ye.

What do you think the big mistake is that Nora mentions at the end of the episode. I have a theory -- that big, past-altering mistakes run in the family. I think she came back in time to save her dad's life -- we see time run backward so she can help punch the satellite -- and that has changed her future. She flashpointed herself! But in order for the show to continue, this one has to stick!

Well, that's my theory, anyway. We'll see what happens next in September!

(And we might learn who next year's big bad is before then. Apparently a teaser scene was shot, and then cut for time. It'll probably come out around San Diego Comic Con.)

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

What motivation do they have for choosing the names Don and Dawn, anyway?

It sounds like a mistake parents would make before realizing that when they tried to call one of them both would show up.

I was very happy with Wells's send-off. Him getting his brain back, but not the hyper intellect, instead becoming a more emotionally aware person, was a great moment, I thought. I hope we see him again
(We'll see Tom Cavanaugh again, at least, as another Wells, next year.)

I was afraid Cavanaugh was leaving. I also enjoyed his send off.

Very glad to see Ralph again, too. The show's not the same without him. According to the producer, the other metas DeVoe absorbed are "toast," though. Black Bison, we hardly knew ye.

I was also sure that Ralph would be back. I was hoping they would save Becky Sharpe/Hazard. She was cute and quirky.

Yeah, I'm going to miss Hazard, too. I don't really mind the loss of Dwarfstar, Kilg%re, or the Fiddler.  

You all know I like District Attorney Cecile. Well, I'm happy to report that we'll be seeing a lot more of her next season! 

From TV Line: "The Flash Promotes Danielle Nicolet to Series Regular for Season 5"

On the other hand, we won't have Wally West to kick around any more: "Legends Season 4: Keiynan Lonsdale Not Returning as Series Regular"

I've read about the Lonsdale situation. I'm disappointed, as he added a lot of energy to Legends (he was largely wasted on Flash). But I can't read between the lines for the "why." He seem OK with it -- so OK, I wonder if he didn't ask to leave the show. That seems nuts -- what actor would turn down a high-profile, ongoing gig? -- but he seems to be on some kind of personal journey. OTOH, maybe he's just making happy talk to avoid sabotaging his career. I just can't tell.

That's what it seems like, that Keiynan Lonsdale is putting his life ahead of his career. Here's a piece from CinemaBlend which includes a tweet from him: " Keiynan Lonsdale Explained Why He's Leaving The Arrow-verse Shows"

Keiynan Lonsdale tweeted:

Soo as a lot of you have now read, I'm not returning next season as a series regular for The Flash or Legends. It's definitely not a total goodbye or 'see ya never' situation, cause Wally West will still be round when you need him the most! It's just that it won't be full time anymore. I've changed a lot in the past year (as you've probably noticed lol), and for infinite reasons my perspective on life & what I want from it now is just completely different. Because of that, my heart told me it was the right time to continue my journey on an unknown path, and I'm so damn grateful to both shows for honoring & respecting that with me.

Well, good for him, then. Old age gets here sooner than we'd like, so he should do what he needs to do while he's young. Maybe his Kid Flash role gave him some financial cushion, and/or opened up some options in movies or music. Good luck to him, and selfishly, I do hope we see Wally back sooner rather than later.

Another promotion in The Flash cast, via TV Line: "The Flash Promotes Hartley Sawyer to Series Regular for Season 5"

TV Line wrote:

It was no stretch to see this one coming.

TVLine has learned that The CW’s The Flash has promoted Hartley Sawyer to series regular for Season 5, thus extennnnnnnnding his stay as Ralph Dibny aka the super-elastic The Elongated Man.

Also: "The Flash: Jessica Parker Kennedy Will Be a Series Regular for Season 5"

TV Line wrote:

Rest assured, The Flash‘s Barry and Iris will have plenty of time to get to know their speedster daughter-from-the-future.

Jessica Parker Kennedy will be a series regular for Season 5 of the CW hit, TVLine has learned, after making a handful of scattered-yet-provocative appearances during Season 4 — all leading to the finale reveal that her Mystery Girl is WestAllen’s offspring Nora.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service