PRESS RELEASE

OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE AND INTO THE FIRE! TEAM FLASH MEETS NEW CHALLENGES (AND CHARACTERS) IN THE FLASH SEASON FOUR!

Cast and Producers Reveal New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — After three seasons of running, you’d think Barry Allen would deserve a break. He’s faced his evil-twin time remnant, saved his fiancée from the God of Speed and even sacrificed himself to stabilize the Speed Force. But now, in season four, Allen (aka The Flash) and his team will face new threats with the addition of some new characters, it was revealed at the 2017 Comic-Con panel for The Flash on Saturday, July 22. From the official reveal of next season’s big bad and more, the news had fans racing at a fever pitch.

Danny Trejo

Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s.

Neil Sandilands as The Thinker

Arriving in Central City as next season’s central super villain, Neil Sandilands (The 100, The Americans) will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, aka The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash that pits the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

Kim Engelbrecht

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has been set as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.

The Flash returns for season four on Tuesday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Todd Helbing and Sarah Schechter. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Views: 1957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who knows? He seems to be in a Buddhist sanctuary, so it could be OK for a while... unless he wants to leave. In which case he might be out of luck.

Oddly enough, Big Sir's original first name (in the comic) is "Dufus." Lately, he's the only character not acting like one.

So true!

But it's a comic-book show, and he's a Caucasian going to a spiritual-type place in The East. Obviously, he's going to return with mysterious powers and fighting skillz! And he'll be way better at these than the people who've lived there for generations.

(I apologize. But, while superhero media has taken steps to include more Black characters, Asian characters are few and far between, American First Nations characters are non-existent, and racially problematic tropes involving both remain staple fare).

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Who knows? He seems to be in a Buddhist sanctuary, so it could be OK for a while... unless he wants to leave. In which case he might be out of luck.

Just saw last Tuesday's episode this weekend, and Iris had a great line:

"How come all the criminals in the city have names that sound like they came out of a comic book?" 

No need to apologize, JD!

Rob Johnson is right, JD -- because you're probably right as well!

As luck would have it, I just wrote a column for later in the month where I had to look up the many white foks who went to Tibet (or a stand-in, like Kamar-Taj, Nanda Parbat or K'un-Lun) and gained mysterious powers, and just in comic books it's more than a dozen. 

I just got to watch the latest episode of The Flash. How come nobody else said anything?

Especially about the ridiculous resolution of "Barry Behind Bars": District Attorney Cecile has no game plan for the appeal, not even "the dog ate my homework" ... so Ralph shows up at the appeal hearing impersonating Devoe?!

Didn't Barry decline the opportunity to escape earlier in the episode because he wanted to get out legally? Perpetrating a fraud on the court isn't getting out legally! And for Cecile to invite Ralph in is straight subornation of perjury; she could (and should) be disbarred for this!

Ai yi yi yi yi ....

I thought about it. Someone looking like a guy who has been confirmed dead by the coroner and everybody shows up in a courtroom. His wife didn't even speak up and deny it was him. I can only assume that this judge (or the writer) is unfit.

I know! All the wife had to say was four words -- "THAT'S NOT MY HUSBAND" -- and this charade is over

Ai yi yi yi yi ....

The writers have no clue what to do. They insult the viewers intelligence week after week.

Richard Willis said:

I thought about it. Someone looking like a guy who has been confirmed dead by the coroner and everybody shows up in a courtroom. His wife didn't even speak up and deny it was him. I can only assume that this judge (or the writer) is unfit.

Not to  photo deadhorse.gif, but the judge who presided over the trial -- the one who declared before there was a conviction that Barry had to be present for sentencing -- is the same judge at the appeal?

No, no, no!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service