Not every new show will merit its own thread.  Until then, here's a catch-all thread for thoughts and comments.

Views: 1148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alexandra Kitty said:
With ratings that were the worst for a debut show in NBC history...mind you, I hadn't even heard about it until it was canceled...

Jeff of Earth-J said:
Both fans of Mad About You, Tracy and I started watching The Paul Reiser Show. I was just about to predict that this show wouldn’t last long, but according to Wikipedia it’s already been cancelled after only two episodes.

Paul Reiser's day in the sun is long over. And by all accounts, this vehicle was a poor-man's copy of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm, which interested neither the fans of that show nor those who aren't.
I watched the two episodes mostly because I didn't want to change the channel between Community and the Office. It wasn't very good at all. It was a poor-man's copy of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David was even on the first episode as himself.

ClarkKent_DC said:
Alexandra Kitty said:
With ratings that were the worst for a debut show in NBC history...mind you, I hadn't even heard about it until it was canceled...

Jeff of Earth-J said:
Both fans of Mad About You, Tracy and I started watching The Paul Reiser Show. I was just about to predict that this show wouldn’t last long, but according to Wikipedia it’s already been cancelled after only two episodes.

Paul Reiser's day in the sun is long over. And by all accounts, this vehicle was a poor-man's copy of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm, which interested neither the fans of that show nor those who aren't.

With the loss of Smallville, we won't have any programs on CW to watch. Perhaps there will be something in the Fall season to interest us but it better be a lot better than Nikita. That only lasted two episodes in our house.

I'll be disappointed if The Defenders doesn't have a second season. There are other shows that I'll miss (like Chuck) but they've been around longer so I've had more time to enjoy them. The Defenders deserves saving.

Another assessment of "TV Shows On the Bubble 2011", this time from HitFix.

And here's a second one from HitFix's TV critic, Alan Sepinwall: "Bubble Watch 2011: What Shows Will Be Renewed?"

Human Target on Fox has not been renewed.
Every time I see a list like this I see a bunch of shows I've never even heard of.

ClarkKent_DC said:

Another assessment of "TV Shows On the Bubble 2011", this time from HitFix.

And here's a second one from HitFix's TV critic, Alan Sepinwall: "Bubble Watch 2011: What Shows Will Be Renewed?"

Update from Deadline Hollywood Daily: Fox cancels five shows -- Breaking In, Traffic LightThe Human Target, Lie to Me and The Chicago Code.
We've had a couple of seasons to enjoy Human Target and Lie to Me so I'm OK with those. I don't watch The Chicago Code and, amazingly, don't think I've ever heard of Traffic Light. The one that hurts is Breaking In. It's a new show, it's very funny, and I was looking forward to seeing more.
Chuck gets renewed, but NBC cancels The Event and Law & Order: L.A."NBC Picks Up Four Comedies"

Chuck makes me happy, just 'cause.  Even though I fully-expected this year's season finale to be written as a just-in-case series finale, I think the show will be well-served with a hard-wired end date that allows the producers and writers to give all the characters ... yes, even Jeff and Lester ... a happy ending.

The Event surprises me not in the least.  There are some actors on the show that I like very much, but I was hugely disappointed when the "great mystery" at the core of the show turned out to be neither very mysterious nor, to be honest, very interesting.

I have to admit, finding out that Outsourced has been canceled made my day. For too long it was an unwatchable blight in the middle of my favorite block of comedy.
It's been running at the end of the block.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
40 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #30: As mentioned yesterday, the CCA seal is back with this issue (for the last time as it…"
47 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Oh, Breaking Away... I saw that one. Haven't thought of it in years.  Another movie…"
58 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Not necessarily a cover but another take on Superman #233"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"Not "what I am watching right now" but "what I am going to be watching tomorrow and…"
1 hour ago
JD DeLuzio replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I enjoyed the first Bad News Bears sequel, but it felt like more of a straight kids' movie…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"You'd think, with my wife out of town, this would be a good time to catch up on a few…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I am currently in the process of reading Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, which has really put me in…"
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
3 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"... Batgirl on the cover of Detective."
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Two Jimmy Olsen covers with two different tones."
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Hmm. Interesting. "
11 hours ago