Not every new show will merit its own thread.  Until then, here's a catch-all thread for thoughts and comments.

Views: 1196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I seen the New York ratings. Outlaw was #6, despite your misgivings and lukewarm reviews. Of course, it remains to be seen if it continues to rank that high.

Survivor was #7!! Strange that some people (not from here) are surprised by its longevity.
Rich Steeves said:
I was disappointed, actually. I thought there was a lot of backsliding in characterization. I also hated the musical numbers. Intrigued by next week's episode, though...

Doc Beechler said:
Glee started its second season well. The pre-credits bit, having a student blogger interview Mr. Shu and the team and ask them questions fans and critics have actually had about the show, was genius. The new, female, football coach will be a great new foe for Sue. That woman is an actual international women's arm wrestling champion.

I was particularly disappointed that Mr. Scheuster joined Sue Sylvester in her reindeer games; it seemed uncharacteristically rotten of him. And there were many, many moments when I wanted to reach into my TV screen and smack Rachel upside the head.

I felt really bad for Finn, though. I could totally believe his trying to help Artie join the football team, blinded by loyalty to his friend to the extent that he gave little thought to why it can't work, focusing instead how how it could -- which, frankly, is something we don't see enough of from more people in more situations -- and having the bad timing to approach the coach who totally misconstrued his intentions and was in no mood for tomfoolery.
Each season is a crapshoot, as to whether or not the contestants will be interesting. I thought last season (with former players) was great. This season may be a clunker, especially if Jimmy Johnson goes out early.

Philip Portelli said:
I seen the New York ratings. Outlaw was #6, despite your misgivings and lukewarm reviews. Of course, it remains to be seen if it continues to rank that high.

Survivor was #7!! Strange that some people (not from here) are surprised by its longevity.
I agree. It appears that Rachel learned nothing last year, and Will's cruel streak was disturbing.

ClarkKent_DC said:
Rich Steeves said:
I was disappointed, actually. I thought there was a lot of backsliding in characterization. I also hated the musical numbers. Intrigued by next week's episode, though...

Doc Beechler said:
Glee started its second season well. The pre-credits bit, having a student blogger interview Mr. Shu and the team and ask them questions fans and critics have actually had about the show, was genius. The new, female, football coach will be a great new foe for Sue. That woman is an actual international women's arm wrestling champion.

I was particularly disappointed that Mr. Scheuster joined Sue Sylvester in her reindeer games; it seemed uncharacteristically rotten of him. And there were many, many moments when I wanted to reach into my TV screen and smack Rachel upside the head.

I felt really bad for Finn, though. I could totally believe his trying to help Artie join the football team, blinded by loyalty to his friend to the extent that he gave little thought to why it can't work, focusing instead how how it could -- which, frankly, is something we don't see enough of from more people in more situations -- and having the bad timing to approach the coach who totally misconstrued his intentions and was in no mood for tomfoolery.
Raising Hope was terrific. My favorite moment, though, was the TV anchor mentioning that a minor criminal with a list of wrongs that he was righting has finished. Two thumbs WAY up.
Cavalier said:
Raising Hope was terrific. My favorite moment, though, was the TV anchor mentioning that a minor criminal with a list of wrongs that he was righting has finished. Two thumbs WAY up.

OK, now I have to see that.
Cavalier said:

Now that is very cool
I missed the bit about the local criminal. That's clever.
I watched a few of the new shows this week. I thought the Event was merely OK. I felt the jumping around between plots was a bit jarring and not handled particularly well.

I liked Hawaii 5-0. It was different than I was expecting and had some good action. Is it a watch every week show, I'm not sure.

I also liked Chase. It was a fast paced action show. I like the characters in this one. I'm not sure if it's a watch every week show, though.

I still have Lone Star to watch.

As far as returing shows, How I Met Your Mother was good, especially the ending. Rules of Engages was also very funny.

Tonight It's Big Bang Theory, Community, Office, Outsourced. Possibly #$%^ my Dad Says. Is Park & Rec back as well? I'm pretty much over the Office, I thought last season was pretty horrible except for a few episodes. Which is too bad because that used to be my favorite show. I'm going to ride it out to the end though. Outsourced looks a little bit too much like the Office but then again so did Parks & Rec and that turned out ok.
Just caught up on season one of The Good Wife (well, most of it; the first 11 and last 3 eps of the season), with the intention of watching the show as it airs this season. Good stuff! I wish I'd had time to watch the entirety of season one, but I only had it from the library for a week, and 23 episodes in seven days is a bit beyond my tolerance, especially since my viewing couldn't be SOLELY dedicated to that one show.
Just watched my recorded Lone Star. Wow, that was good. I hope it doesn't get canceled. It was pretty captivating.
I don't have high hopes for Outsourced. The reviews I've read have made it seem like The Office, minus wit, plus cultural insensitivity. Some shows I'll give an episode to grab me. This one I've heard such bad buzz about, it gets till the first commercial. And that's only because we Tivo the 2-hour block rather than individual shows on Thursday nights so we don't miss the final moments at the end.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
54 minutes ago
ClarkKent_DC posted discussions
4 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A character whose whole schtick was fortune telling"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion Meeting the Dora Milaje
"Wow, that's great!"
5 hours ago
The Baron liked ClarkKent_DC's discussion Meeting the Dora Milaje
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Re-watching Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959).  I always forget that the…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Captain Comics said: Especially boxing! Apparently boxing was a big deal in the early 1940s. In…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"I didn't time them, but I only felt one was shorter than the others."
7 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Batgirl' dead on HBO
"So the more I read about the new CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, the more it seems he wants -- as…"
8 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
8 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Richard Willis's video
8 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Captain Comics's video
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service