BOOM! STUDIOS

ALL NEW FIREFLY #3

BRZRKR (BERZERKER) #8 (OF 12)

KILLER: AFFAIRS OF STATE #3

POWER RANGERS UNIVERSE #5

SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #22

DARK HORSE COMICS

BLACK DOG DREAMS OF PAUL NASH TPB (2ND ED)

BRITISH PARANORMAL SOCIETY: TIME OUT OF MIND #1 (OF 4)

Story: Chris Roberson, Mike Mignola | Art: Andrea Mutti | Cover: Sebastian Fiumara | $3.99

This April, Dark Horse Comics will debut The British Paranormal Society: Time Out of Mind, an all-new four-issue comic book series by legendary Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and bestselling iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson, featuring art by Andrea Mutti and colors by Lee Loughridge. Acclaimed Abe Sapien artist Sebastián Fiumara will provide covers for all four issues of the series, which spins out of the pages of the fan-favorite Witchfinder graphic novels.

“I loved the dynamic between the British Paranormal Society's Simon Bruttenholm and Honora Grant when they appeared in supporting roles in the pages of Witchfinder, and I really wanted to spend more time with the characters,” said Roberson. “When we first started talking about doing an Edwardian-era English folk horror story, it seemed the perfect opportunity to bring the pair of them onto center stage. Andrea Mutti was the first and only artist we had in mind to draw it."

In the series, British Paranormal Society members Simon Bruttenholm and Honora Grant arrive at Noxton together, but with separate goals: Honora hopes to uncover information on the town’s strange traditions, while Simon is searching for his missing assistant. But their separate investigations lead down the same twisted path that hides a dark secret behind Noxton’s innocent façade! Mike Mignola and Chris Roberson expand the Hellboy universe with a spooky new tale featuring art by Andrea Mutti with colors by Lee Loughridge.

• I'm up for anything from the Mignolaverse. Hoping for a comprehensive collection down the road.

CAT + GAMER VOL. 1 TPB

Story/Art: Wataru Nadantani | Translation: Zack Davisson | Shogakukan | $11.99

First time in English!

Meet Riko, a 29-year-old office worker with an obsession with video games. Her coworkers can’t quite figure her out — she never talks about her personal life, she never works overtime and she never joins them for happy hour. Is she antisocial? Nope, she’s rushing home to play video games alone. That is until a stray cat is found in the office parking lot and ends up coming home with her! Having no experience with pets, Riko uses lessons drawn from video games to guide her in cat care, while her cute companion tries to understand her behavior through a cat's worldview. Equal parts funny and heartwarming, Cat + Gamer is the perfect manga for cat lovers, gamers and anyone looking for a lighthearted new read!

• I'm not a cat person or a gamer, but maybe you are.

STRANGER THINGS VOL 5: TOMB OF YBWEN TPB

TENTACLE KITTY: TALES AROUND THE TEACUP TPB

Story: John Merritt, Raena Merritt | Art: Jean-Claudio Vinci | Cover: Mirka Andolfo | $12.99

The world according to Tentacle Kitty!

Join "the Pink One" and friends as the whole tentacle kitty gang regales us with tales of action and adventure over tea! From hunting down cotton candy mice, to pirate hijinks, and mega convention run ins, this tome features stories for all readers, told only as a Tentacle Kitty can!

The first graphic novel of the convention sensation Tentacle Kitty!

• Uh, what?

WE HAVE DEMONS #2

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #1042

AQUAMAN/GREEN ARROW: DEEP TARGET #7 (OF 7)

AQUAMEN #3

BEYOND THE WHITE KNIGHT #2 (OF 8)

BATMAN: FEAR STATE TPB

DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL #6 (OF 12)

DC PRIDE 2021 HC

DEATHSTROKE INC. #8

DETECTIVE COMICS #1059

HARLEY QUINN #14

HELLBLAZER: RISE AND FALL TPB

JOKER #14

JUSTICE LEAGUE #75

Story: Joshua Williamson | Art: Rafa Sandoval | Covers: Daniel Sampere & Alejandro Sánchez, Alex Maleev, Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund, Mikel Janín, Simone Di Meo, Tony Harris, Todd Nauck | 48 pages | $6.99

The Death of the Justice League is only the beginning of the story. Superstar writer Joshua Williamson (BATMAN) and artist Rafa Sandovel (THE FLASH) bring you the beginning of the next big DCU event starting in JUSTICE LEAGUE #75, available at local comic book shops and participating digital retailers on April 19!

“We've been building to the Death of the Justice League for the last year across the main line,” said Williamson. “I remember buying DEATH OF SUPERMAN 30 years ago and now we have an opportunity to take that idea and go bigger with it. JUSTICE LEAGUE 75 allows us to showcase why the Justice League are comics' greatest heroes as we show the aftermath of the loss against their biggest threat ever and its impact on the DCU.”

A new  Dark  Army  made  up  of  the  DCU’s  greatest  villains  has  formed  on  the  edges  of  the  Multiverse and the best and most powerful heroes are pulled together in an epic war to push the darkness back. In the end, the Justice League are killed by the Dark Army with only one survivor to warn the remaining heroes of Earth about what is coming for them!

“Being able to draw the Justice League is always exciting, they are just the greatest superhero team of all time,” said Sandoval. “We will see a great evil coming out of the darkness and more dark characters that will be revealed very soon. This book is just the starting point and fans do not want to be left behind and miss what is going to happen.”

In addition to the main special acetate cover featuring artwork by Daniel Sampere and Alejandro Sanchex, JUSTICE LEAGUE #75 will feature an extensive variant cover program to celebrate the final issue of the series. Some of the top names in comics, including Alex Maleev, Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund, Mikel Janin, Tony Harris and more, have contributed variant covers.

“After working with Rafa on THE FLASH and seeing the amazing work he did on HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORP, I knew that he excels at big cosmic battles while also finding those emotional moments between the characters,” said Williamson.

“I was lucky to work with Josh on THE FLASH and it was one of the most fun times of my career,” added Sandoval. “He has always given me freedom to work and does not set boundaries to my creativity. When I draw Josh's scripts, I always get reminded of why I wanted to become a comic book artist years ago.”

• I don't think this is quite as dramatic as DC would like it to be. The JLA's "death" is the beginning of "Dark Crisis," and all Crises have a big, fat ol' Reset Button in plain view. Also, while the originals are "dead," there won't be a void of any kind. A few months ago I noted that DC had quietly created an all-Black back-up Justice League who can be drafted into duty. But DC has also created an all-LGBTQIA+ back-up Justice League! (Some characters do double duty, like Nubia.) And also an all-LGBTQIA+ Teen Titans! So there are plenty of Super-persons, Bat-persons, Wonder-persons, etc., to fill in until (Spoiler) the original team is somehow resurrected. While the 12-year-old me is  excited — what true comic book fan's heart doesn't beat a little faster at the launch of a colorful Crisis? — the current age me thinks this is just an excuse to give the bench some minutes.
  • tl;dr: It's a Crisis. I'll complain about it, then I'll read it.

ROBIN #13

ROGUES #2 (OF 4)

SWAMP THING #12 (OF 16)

TALON BY JAMES TYNION IV TPB

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #14

TRIAL OF THE AMAZONS #2 (OF 2)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

BARBARELLA #9

DRACULINA #3

RED SONJA (2021) #8

VAMPIRELLA/DRACULA: UNHOLY #5

IDW PUBLISHING

DAVE STEVENS' ROCKETEER ARTIST’S EDITION HC

• This should be nice. And it's pretty much all the "new" Dave Stevens we're ever gonna get.

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE COMPLETE LIBRARY VOL 6 HC

GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO: COBRAAAA

• Reprints of Cobra-oriented stories

GODZILLA RIVALS VS. KING GHIDORAH #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Adam Gorham | Art: Adam Gorham | Cover: E. J. Su | $7.99

When Mars invades Earth, Godzilla surfaces from Tokyo Bay and is pulled into battle. Captured and taken by the Martians, Godzilla is forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena, where he faces his biggest challenge yet — King Ghidorah!

• 'Zilla, 'Zilla, he's our man! If he can't incinerate two of Ghidorah's heads and squash the third, nobody can!

GODZILLA VS MMPR #2 (OF 5)

LOCKE & KEY: GOLDEN AGE HC

• I've been trade-waiting this. I read the first issue and loved both the art and the lead character, a tough-talking, 1930s Hollywood-style feminist.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #49

TMNT: THE LAST RONIN #5 (OF 5)

Story: Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Tom Waltz | Art: Ben Bishop | Art/Cover: Kevin Eastman, Esau Escorza, Issac Escorza

With hundreds of thousands of copies in print, the best-selling IDW comic book series of all time reaches its senses-shattering conclusion!

Springing from a lost 1987 storyline by TMNT co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, The Last Ronin tells the story of a lone surviving Turtle in a dark possible future, undertaking a seemingly hopeless mission to obtain justice for his fallen family and friends. Released quarterly in a prestige oversized format since the first issue debuted in October 2020, The Last Ronin has taken the comic world by storm, building tension for fans as they await the answer to the ultimate question: Will the Ronin be able to find some measure of peace … or is he fated to meet the same end as his brothers?

“Thirty-five years in the making, The Last Ronin is everything I dreamed it could be and more,” says Eastman. “For the creative team, I feel the epic task of bringing this story to life has truly been our Mount Everest, and with the summit in sight, we sincerely wish to thank all the friends and fans who brought the love and support needed so we could bring this adventure all the way home. From my original partner on this journey, the brilliant Peter Laird, to the unparalleled skills of Tom Waltz, the incredibly gifted Esau and Isaac Escorza, Ben Bishop, and Luis Antonio Delgado, as well as the rock-solid IDW backbone and Nickelodeon commitment to make sure we had the time to get it right, we’ve given it our best shot, and I could not be prouder of everyone involved.”

“What we’ve enjoyed the most has been working with a legend like Kevin Eastman,” says the Escorzas in a joint statement. “He’s everything you’d expect him to be, but even cooler. We are totally overwhelmed to have been part of a project of this magnitude and have loved to see the fan reaction and the support of all the retailers and collectors around the world.”

“As far back as I can remember, two things were always there: drawing and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Often they went hand in hand,” says Bishop. “What Kevin and Pete did as a couple of crazy self-publishing comic kids shaped the kind of comic creator that I wanted to be and showed me just how much is possible in this medium. The reality now, all these years later, that I’m working with these creators and drawing these characters, absolutely feels like a dream come true. I’d like to thank the fans and retailers for making this one of the biggest TMNT comics since issue #1.”

While The Last Ronin’s final chapter brings one incredible narrative to a close, the torch of epic storytelling will be passed to the next huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles saga — namely, a sweeping new tale called "The Armageddon Game," set within the present day continuity of IDW’s monthly comic book series. The brainchild of longtime TMNT scribe Tom Waltz, working alongside current TMNT ongoing writer Sophie Campbell, the new storyline will be foreshadowed in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “Free Comic Book Day” Special, available for free at participating comic book shops on May 7, and it will officially kick off with June’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Opening Moves #1.

“Being invited to be a part of The Last Ronin has, by far, been one of the most exciting creative experiences that I have ever had, both during my long run on TMNT at IDW and in my overall writing career,” says Waltz. “Everyone helping to bring this project together has been amazing, including so many unsung heroes working their shells off behind the scenes. I couldn’t be more thankful to all of them, nor more appreciative of Kevin and Peter for allowing me to add my own personal mark to this particular TMNT tale that they laid the foundation for decades ago. It’s been a humbling experience, and I fully plan to take everything I’ve learned about epic storytelling and incorporate it into my own opus of sorts, TMNT: The Armageddon Game … coming soon!”

• Boy, that's a lot of words. But evidently Last Ronin has been a sales success.

TRANSFORMERS #42

TRANSFORMERS: WAR’S END #3 (OF 4)

USAGI YOJIMBO: LONE GOAT & KID #4 (OF 6)

IMAGE COMICS

BLOOD-STAINED TEETH #1

Story: Christian Ward | Art: Patric Reynolds | Covers: Christian Ward, Patric Reynolds, Declan Shalvey, Jamie McKelvie

Eisner Award-winning creator Christian Ward (ODY-C, Invisible Kingdom, Machine Gun Wizards) teams up with red-hot artist Patric Reynolds (The Mask) for an all-new horror/crime tale in Blood-Stained Teeth. This fast-paced, ongoing series will launch this April from Image Comics.

"I've been thinking about making this comic for years and it struck me, that in a time where we have billionaires racing to explore space rather than pay taxes there's never been a more apt time to tell a story about a secret society of vampires who are feeding not just on our blood but also on our money," said Ward. "Bringing this book to life with my fantastic co-creator Patric (and our amazing color artist Heather Moore) has been the very opposite of soul sucking and I'm so excited for people to discover the world of Blood-Stained Teeth and their new favorite bastard Atticus Sloane."

Blood-Stained Teeth follows Atticus Sloane — misanthrope, criminal, asshole and vampire — who lives in a world where blood isn’t the only thing vamps crave. And for the right price, he’ll make you a vampire too. After all, immortality isn’t cheap.

Reynolds added: "Imagine how excited I was when Christian Ward asked me to make a horror comic with him. His interstellar sensibilities and my street-level grittiness my seem like light years apart, but when combined in Blood Stained Teeth they tell a unique vampire story that is as lysergic as a downtown neon jungle at night (as colorist Heather Moore so strikingly renders), but haunted by characters that are still deeply human. Drawing blood can satisfy the darkest and greediest of impulses, but it also can free those from pain and guilt. It's this conflict that I think makes this story unique and soulful, and I can't wait for the reader to experience it."

Readers of propulsive crime sagas like Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso’s 100 Bullets and Rodney Barnes and Jason Shawn Alexander’s Killadelphia, won’t want to miss sinking their teeth into this new comic.

• Another interesting Image vampire book.

GHOST CAGE #2

GUNSLINGER SPAWN #7

HELLCOP #6

MONSTRESS #39

NEWBURN #6

ROGUE SUN #3

SAGA #58

SCUMBAG #13

STEP BY BLOODY STEP #3

ZVRC: ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS CLASSIC #2

MARVEL COMICS

ALIEN #11

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1

Story: Zeb Wells | Art/Cover: John Romita Jr. | Variants: Humberto Ramos, Mark Bagley, Travis Charest, Jim Cheung, Russell Dauterman, Skottie Young, Bengal, Patrick Gleason, Peach Momoko, Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Inhyuk Lee, Mark Bagley & John Romita Sr., Rose Besch

This year marks the 60th anniversary of Spider-Man and Marvel Comics is proud to celebrate its most iconic hero with a new volume of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN brought to life by two acclaimed comic book talents!

His “Shed” storyline is considered one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time, his bold work on NEW WARRIORS laid the groundwork for CIVIL WAR, and he’s currently making waves within the Spidey mythos in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN’s current “Beyond” era. Now hit writer Zeb Wells is ready to begin a new age at the helm of one of Marvel’s all-time great comic book series. Wells will be joined on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN by none other than the legend himself — JOHN ROMITA JR. The definitive AMAZING SPIDER-MAN artist made his grand return to Marvel Comics last year specifically for this run and is back to bring Spider-Man’s world to the page with his singular, unmatched finesse. Arriving in April, Wells and Romita Jr.’s run will house all the classic elements fans love about Peter Parker, surprising new takes on your favorite Spider-Man foes, and the answer to the question that will be on everyone’s mind: WHAT DID SPIDER-MAN DO?

Peter’s on the outs with the FF. He’s on the outs with the Avengers. He’s even on the outs with Aunt May! After a terrible and mysterious incident, no one wants to see Spider-Man — except for Doctor Octopus. Ock’s on Spider-Man’s tail and the Master Planner has something truly terrible planned for when he gets his tentacles on Spidey. All that, and Tombstone makes a move that will remind readers why he’s one of Spider-Man’s most terrifying villains …

“Spider-Man doesn’t turn 60 every year,” says Spider-Editor Nick Lowe, “and we are going BIG with this run cramming it with the biggest WTF moments Spidey has ever had. Zeb and JRJR will go down in history as one of the best creative teams ever!”

Here's what John Romita Jr. had to say about his own personal history with the character and what excites him most about the upcoming run:

“Ever since my father told my brother and me that Spider-Man/Peter Parker lived close to our home in Queens, NYC, we were hooked! We talked Spider Man on long drives to family get-togethers, and it was as if we had an extra family member!

“As luck would have it, my brother Vic had the brains and went in another direction, while I had a little bit of art in me. As luck would also have it, I was able to watch the greatest Spider-Man artist, my father, John, work with the greatest Spider Man writer, Stan Lee, on the greatest character of all time. Fortunately, after joining the comic book universe, I was given a chance to work on this great character, the Amazing Spider-Man. I was terrified! How do I follow my father??? How do I follow any of the previous Spidey artists?? I had no idea, but I stuck it out and got lucky. The subsequent runs were much less terrifying, and became more and more fun. There was one particular run that was incredibly fun, but also incredibly important to me. The 9/11 issue may well be with me for as long as I live. One commonality with all the runs, was working with the brilliant writers and artist ... again, luck!!

“To take being lucky to another level: Marvel has allowed me to get back to work on this amazing character, and work with another brilliant writer, Zeb Wells! The stories are stunning and I am reading the scripts with a grin and wonderment ... then wondering how the heck to do them justice!!

“Well, fortunately, I have a close friend and brilliant artist to help me do that. Scott Hanna and I have worked on this character before and Scott is still a brilliant artist who will continue to be brilliant, lucky for me and anyone who looks at the art. Adding to Scott and myself is the third artist, the color artist, Marcio Menyz. It’s difficult to describe how wonderful his work is, so to save space and everyone’s patience, I’ll let it speak for itself! It’s stunning!!

“The editorial team beginning with Nick Lowe, adding in Lindsay Cohick, and Kaeden McGahey, make the work process smoother. Judging by the scope of Zeb’s stories, I can use all the help I can get!

“One commonality here, is how lucky I am to be back working on my ‘other’ brother,  Spider-Man, and to be back with my professional ‘family,’ Marvel. Thanks folks, I’ll work hard to make you proud!”

“I've waited my entire career to work with John Romita Jr.,” Wells says. “To team up with him on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN for the character's 60th anniversary is so exciting words can't describe it. We're gonna have a blast!”

To celebrate this incredible launch, the debut issue will sport glorious variant covers by artists including Peach Momoko, InHyuk Lee, Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Travis Charest, Humberto Ramos, Mark Bagley and many more!

• I know it's heresy to Ditko fans, but Romita Senior was my favorite Spidey artist as a kid. JR JR is the closest we can come to having those halcyon years back.
  • Here's a trailer.

CARNAGE #2

DOCTOR STRANGE SORCERER SUPREME OMNIBUS VOL 3 HC

• This completes the "Sorcerer Supreme" series, the third eponymous Doc Strange series, while the Masterworks are closing in on finishing the second. This series has the Goth Strange with the sunglasses, which was thankfully short-lived. But more important, it contains What Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen?, a 1997 graphic novel illustrated by no less than P. Craig Russell!

HULK: GRAND DESIGN — MADNESS #1

Story/Art: Jim Rugg | Teen | $5.99

Writer/artist Jim Rugg concludes his creative reimagining of the entire history of THE INCREDIBLE HULK in this can't-miss oversized issue. You'll never look at Bruce Banner the same way again!

• So this "Grand Design" is going to be a series of one-shots based on individual topics? I must have missed that memo.

KNIGHTS OF X #1

Story: Tini Howard | Art: Bob Quinn | Covers: Yanick Paquette, Rod Reis

Krakoa may represent mutantkind’s brightest era yet but within the mystical realm of Otherworld, mutants are hated and feared once more. As the Destiny of X age begins, nine mutants will get the call to join Captain Britain on a fantastic quest to restore order in the all-new ongoing series KNIGHTS OF X!

Writer Tini Howard has redefined the X-Men’s relationship with magic in the pages of EXCALIBUR and X OF SWORDS. Now, she continues her enchanting work on the mutant mythos in KNIGHTS OF X alongside artist Bob Quinn. Known for his stunning work on WAY OF X, Quinn is equipped to capture the strange beauty and the mysterious danger of Otherworld. Together, this creative team will take readers on an adventure that will become mutant legend as Captain Britain, Rictor, Shatterstar, Gambit, Rachel Summers, Bei the Blood Moon, Gloriana, and two more surprise characters assemble to recover an artifact deeply rooted in X-Men history.

The gates to Otherworld are closed — and Captain Britain is trapped on the wrong side! Usurpers Merlyn and his right-hand man, King Arthur, are now in control of Lunatic Citadel. Furies the size of Sentinels raze villages to the ground in their hunt for the “witchbreed.” Cut off from Krakoa, Betsy Braddock is Otherworld’s only hero — and to save her people, Betsy must recruit a round table of her own. The Knights of X gather to restore the rightful order and rescue desperate mutants — but their quest is about to get so much bigger than that. This is the era of destiny…and the fate of Otherworld lies at the center of mutantkind’s future.

"At the end of Excalibur, we saw Merlyn take control of all Otherworld, transforming the Starlight Citadel into the Lunatic Citadel and raging his war on mutants from Saturnyne's former throne. Captain Britain stayed within when the gates fell, but even with the whole Corps at her side - it'll take more than an army of one to bring down King Arthur and his Furies,” Howard explained. “You'll recognize many of the Knights from Excalibur’s past - both my run and the classic - in a quest for a precious treasure that crashes our high fantasy tale into that most classic X-Men story - fighting for a(n Other)world that hates and fears them."

“Tini Howard and Marcus To’s run on EXCALIBUR was incredible, so launching the follow-up series is equal parts exciting and intimidating,” Quinn said. “But I’m giving this series everything I have, I’m proud to say that these are the best pages I’ve ever drawn. Otherworld is a big draw for me. I’ve drawn midwest farms, New Jersey neighborhoods, and Central Park in my books at Marvel, and I’m excited to let my imagination loose drawing some of the weirder and wilder people and places in Otherworld!”

• Once again I utter heresy in that I found Excalibur's adventures in Otherworld the least interesting of the X-books back in the Claremont/Davis days.  I have since gotten the omnibus of those days, but have yet to read it. So here's another book of "magic and adventure" ... which I won't be reading.

MARVEL’S INFINITY SAGA POSTER BOOK PHASE 3 TPB

MMW MIGHTY THOR VOL 21 HC

MS. MARVEL: BEYOND LIMIT #5 (OF 5)

PHOENIX SONG: ECHO TPB

PUNISHER #2

SABRETOOTH #3 (OF 5)

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL 7 HC

SILK #4

SILVER SURFER REBIRTH #4 (OF 5)

SPIDER-GWEN: DEAL WITH THE DEVIL TPB

STAR WARS: CRIMSON REIGN #4 (OF 5)

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER BY GILLEN & LARROCA OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG

THOR #24

Story: Donny Cates, J. Michael Straczynski, Dan Jurgens, Walter Simonson, Al Ewing, Tom Defalco, & Jason Aaron | Art: Nic Klein, Olivier Coipel, Dan Jurgens, Walter Simonson, Lee Garbett, Ron Frenz, & Das Pastoras | Cover: Nic Klein

This April, the halls of Asgard will erupt with thunder as its greatest legends return home to tell thrilling new tales in an oversized spectacular honoring 750 issues of THOR!

THOR #24 will take place in the aftermath of “GOD OF HAMMERS,” the latest epic in writer Donny Cates and artist Nic Klein’s hit run on the title. After a scorched-earth victory, Thor and all of Asgard reel from a brutal loss. And as Thor and his allies come together so will fan-favorite creators from throughout Thor’s history! In addition to the main story by Cates and Klein, join some of Thor’s most acclaimed writers and artists as they revisit their landmark runs with all-new adventures:

• Writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Oliver Coipel reunite for a story set during their redefining Thor saga
  • Legendary comics creator Dan Jurgens writes and draws an incredible Thor and Balder teamup
  • Comics icon Walter Simonson writes and draws an all-new adventure starring his beloved creation, Beta Ray Bill
  • Al Ewing and Lee Garbett collaborate for the first time since LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD to bring you an all-new chapter for the god of mischief
  • Superstar team Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are back together to captivate you with an Enchantress story
  • And prepare for a revelatory tale about Odin that only writer Jason Aaron and artist Das Pastoras can deliver!

Celebrate the long and storied history of the God of Thunder with the writers and artists who helped build his legacy when THOR #24 hits stands in April. For more information, visit Marvel.com.

• How many times can Odin die, you reckon?
  • Note the repaired Mjolnir below. It looks just like the one Jane Foster uses in the trailer for Thor: Love and Thunder. What a coincidence!

THOR BY JASON AARON OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

• This includes the introduction of the Jane Foster Thor.

MORE MANGA

A GALAXY NEXT DOOR VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Gido Amagakure | Kodansha | 13+ | 198 pages | $12.99

Since his father died, manga artist Ichiro has barely scraped by, forced to support his two younger siblings on just a middle school education. He doesn't even have time to learn how to use a computer, which forces him to keep wrestling with pen and paper. When his art assistants quit to strike out on their own, on top of juggling deadlines, family, and the constant fear of losing his job, Ichiro feels close to a total breakdown. But then a new assistant pops into Ichiro's life, and his prospects immediately start to brighten! She's an incredible artist, she always finishes on time, and she's beautiful, to boot! But she also seems to know an awful lot about him, and soon, she makes a confession that bends Ichiro's mind beyond the confines of Earth.

BLACKGUARD VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Ryo Hanada | Kodansha | 13+ | 210 pages | $12.95

SURVIVE, THEY SAID. HAVE HOPE, THEY SAID.

The world is no longer what it used to be. Shojo — ferocious, ape-like creatures who feed on humans — roam the land, and anyone who's bitten becomes infected with the same mysterious virus. Humanity has resisted by building aerial cities and forming special units called Guards to fight back. Among them, a young man with a blank stare battles without regard for his life — Minami. People call him a messiah, but their only hope has a constant death wish and defends them day in and day out simply because he still breathes ...

A dark post-apocalyptic fantasy from the creator of Devils' Line, Ryo Hanada!

BOTTOM TIER BUREAUCRAT FOR 1,500 YEARS VOL 3 GN   

CAT MASSAGE THERAPY VOL 2 GN

DANGER'S IN MY HEART VOL 4 GN

DAYS ON FES VOL 5 GN

DEAD MOUNT DEATH PLAY VOL 7 GN

DUNGEON OF BLACK COMPANY VOL 7 GN

EDEN'S ZERO VOL 16 GN

FARMING LIFE IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 5 GN

GOBLIN SLAYER VOL 11 GN

GOLDEN JAPANESQUE YOKOHAMA KARENTAN VOL 5 GN

HINAMATSURI VOL 15 GN

HINOWA GA CRUSH VOL 6 GN

HITORIJIME MY HERO VOL 12 GN

IN ANOTHER WORLD WITH MY SMARTPHONE VOL 5 GN

I'VE BEEN KILLING SLIMES FOR 300 YEARS MAXED OUT VOL 8 GN

KINGDOM OF Z VOL 5 GN

LOVE OF KILL VOL 7 GN

THE MOST NOTORIOUS TALKER RUNS WORLD'S GREATEST CLAN VOL 1 GN

Story & Art: Yamorichan jaki | Translation: Samuel Allen | Lettering: Kai Kyou | Seven Seas | Older Teen (15+) | 180 pages | $12.99

A cunning, ruthless boy does whatever it takes to leave his mark on the world in this swords-and-sorcery tale! (And don’t miss the light novels, also from Seven Seas!)

Young Noel is the grandson of the empire’s mightiest hero, and promised his dying grandfather to become the world’s greatest adventurer. But Noel has been assigned to the weakest class of adventurers: a Talker, whose only skill is to enhance the abilities of other heroes. How can he possibly find glory with only support skills? By being ruthless with them! Good, evil, it’s all the same to Noel as he manipulates his allies, controls his friends, and outfoxes endless monsters from the deepest Abysses. Noel will stop at nothing to grow strong enough to save the world — and dominate it!

MUSIC OF MARIE GN

Story/Art: Usamaru Furuya | One Peace Books | $24.95

Pirito is a utopia protected by the mechanical goddess Marie, who looms large as she orbits the skies above. Down in the factory town of Gil, Pipi's heart yearns for Kai, but as the only one who can hear Marie's ever-present music, will he be able to accept Pipi's affection? Delve into the beginnings of Usamaru Furuya's soaring fantastical worldview with this masterful, early work from the prolific creator who brought you Lychee Light Club, Genkaku Picasso, No Longer Human, and more! Now collected as one volume, The Music of Marie, a story of sublime love, will pluck at your heartstrings until the very end.

MY SENPAI IS ANNOYING VOL 7 GN

OUR TEACHERS ARE DATING VOL 4 GN

PLEASE PUT THEM ON TAKAMINE-SAN VOL 3 GN

PLUNDERER VOL 9 GN

ROYAL TUTOR VOL 16  GN

SACRIFICIAL PRINCESS & KING BEASTS VOL 15

SASAKI AND MIYANO VOL 5 GN

SAYONARA FOOTBALL VOL 9: FAREWELL MY DEAR CRAMER GN

SENSEI'S PIOUS LIE VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Akane Torikai | Vertical Comics | $24.95

Misuzu Hara is a quiet, reserved 24-year-old high school teacher whose world is turned upside down after her friend's fiancé rapes her. Her attempt to connect with one of her students, himself a victim of sexual trauma, results in an unlikely romance, and the repercussions of these events affect everyone around them in often unpredictable ways. Torikai's work is a frank and nuanced examination of the emotional and practical effects of sexual violence, rendering the messy realities in gorgeously refined linework and dialogue far more naturalistic than most manga. The author veers away from blunt indictment to paint one of the most complex and fascinating psychological portraits of both rapist and victim in any medium. Very much not just for manga fans, Sensei's Pious Lie will appeal to readers of graphic novels and literary fiction in general.

• A lesbian teacher-student affair? I didn't think you could sell a story like this in the U.S. without torches and pitchforks being the result.

SHIBUYA GOLDFISH VOL 10 GN

SHIORI'S DIARY VOL 3 GN

SKELETON KNIGHT IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 8 GN

SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH US VOL 8 GN

THE THIEF INOUE AKIKAZU

Story/Art: Osamu Tezuka | Digital Manga Distribution | $17.95

From the legendary creator Osamu Tezuka comes an anthology of psychological thrillers that are sure to drive a chill down your spine. A woman spurned by her lover, presented with the chance to get her revenge. A serial killer claiming that his inhuman acts against man and nature are a protest to an unjust society. In The Thief Inoue Akikazu, Tezuka, through his thrilling dialogue and phenomenal artwork, masterfully illustrates the horrors that creep at the edge of the human psyche.

• Tezuka, who died in 1989, is known as "the god of manga" and "Japan's Disney."

TIME-STOP HERO VOL 4 GN

TOPPU GP VOL 8 GN

TRAPPED IN DATING SIM WORLD OTOME GAMES VOL 4 GN

YUUNA & HAUNTED HOT SPRINGS VOL 19 GN

MORE FOR YOUNGER READERS

AGENTS OF SLAM TPB

Story: Dave Scheidt | Art: Scoot McMahon | Oni Press | Middle Grade | $12.99

DING DING DING! Enter the wrestling ring in this all-new graphic novel from Wrapped Up creators Dave Scheidt and Scoot McMahon!

The Agents of S.L.A.M. aren’t your average professional wrestlers. They’re led by the fearless and famous Bruno Bravado and work for the president of the United States to protect people from all kinds of threats—both on Earth and in space! And they’ve just been joined by their newest recruit, Katie Jones, a twelve-year-old wrestling vlogger who just might know more about wrestling than the wrestlers themselves. S.L.A.M. will need Katie’s knowledge and skills if they’re going to keep protecting Earth, especially when their toughest rival challenges them!

"This brilliantly animated, wonderfully written comic is such a fun read! I loved it and highly recommend it." — Rebecca Quinn aka Becky Lynch, Professional Wrestler

• I hate it when I'm offered a chance to review something, and I don't, which was the case here. I feel like I'm letting someone down. But I'm just not interested in middle-school books. I will pass on what PR they send me, though.
  • Here's a preview.

APPLE CRUSH GN

Story/Art: Lucy Knisley | Random House Graphic | Ages 8-12

New York Times-bestselling author Lucy Knisley (Relish, Kid Gloves) is back with the sequel to Stepping Stones and the second book in the Peapod Farm graphic novel series! For fans of Raina Telgemeier’s Smile and Svetlana Chmakova’s Awkward comes an authentic story dealing with divorce, new stepsisters and first crushes, based on the author’s real-life experiences. Apple Crush continues Jen’s story from Stepping Stones and captures everything awesome (and scary) about growing up. Set during Halloween-time and filled with the magic of the Fall season, Apple Crush is “warm, fortifying, and cozy — like a drink of apple cider.” (Kirkus Reviews)

Jen is just getting used to her life on Peapod Farm with her new stepsisters, Andy and Reese. But when the school year starts, there are more changes in store for her. Jen has to navigate new friends and new challenges — at least she’ll have Andy with her, right?

Nonetheless, as she starts sixth grade, she finds that her stepsister seems way more interested in crushes and boys than hanging out with her, while Jen wants to know when the world decided boys and girls couldn’t be “just friends” anymore.

Fans of the accessible, heartfelt storytelling in Stepping Stones will be eager to revisit Jen, Andy, and Reese on Peapod Farm. Landing on many best of the year lists in 2020, the Peapod Farm series continues to bring candid, relatable middle-grade stories to life.

Thanks for taking a look! You can follow this link for press materials, and please let me know if you’d like to be in touch with Lucy.

Praise for STEPPING STONES

“This candid, heartwarming look at a child grappling with major changes will resonate with fans of Raina Telgemeier and Svetlana Chmakova and anyone trying to find their place.” — School Library Journal, Starred Review

“A realistic and relatable story of tween growth.” — The Horn Book, Starred Review

• Here's another review offer I didn't do.

AVATAR AIRBENDER SCREEN COMIX VOL 3: ZUKO FINDS HIS WAY TPB

BEAK & ALLY VOL 3: BIG STORM GN

CAT KID COMIC CLUB VOL 3: ON PURPOSE

CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX VOL 25 GN

CLOUD TOWN GN

FIRST CAT IN SPACE ATE PIZZA GN

FOX FIRES VOL 1 GN

GROWING PANGS GN

HEART OF THE CITY COLLECTION: HEART TAKES THE STAGE

LIGHTFALL VOL 2: SHADOW OF BIRD GN

MAGICAL HISTORY TOUR VOL 8: VIKINGS GN

• Where was this when I was 8 years old?

MAPMAKERS VOL 1: MAPMAKERS AND THE LOST MAGIC GN

Story: Cameron Chittock | Art: Amanda Castillo | Random House Graphic | Ages: 8-12) | $20.99

the first book in a new exciting middle-grade series by debut creators Cameron Chittock and Amanda Castillo. This story follows Alidade, a young girl who is faced with an impossible choice — run away from her beloved valley, or unleash hidden magic and become a Mapmaker to save her home from its new overlords. MAPMAKERS AND THE LOST MAGIC brings to life a fantastical world with an extraordinary cast of characters that will have young readers feeling like they're right in the adventure with Alidade. Featuring dynamic and colorful artwork this is a must-read for fans of Ben Hatke's “Zita the Spacegirl,” Kazu Kibiushi's “Amule” and Molly Brooks' “Sanity & Tallulah.”

• And a third.

MYTHICS VOL 4: GLOBAL CHAOS GN

REAL RILEY MAYES HC GN $21.99

REMARKABLY RUBY GN     $13.99

SCAREDY SQUIRREL IN A NUTSHELL SC

SCI-FU VOL 2: IT TAKES 2 GN

STAR WARS BAD BATCH SCREEN COMIX VOL 1: HUNTED TPB

STAR WARS MANDALORIAN SCREEN COMIX VOL 2: RESCUE TPB

THE LAST SESSION #5

WALLACE THE BRAVE VOL 4: ARE WE LOST YET? GN

WITCH PART IX 100 WITCH VOL 3 GN

MORE FIRST ISSUES

BATVARK: A POET IN THE FAMILY ONE-SHOT

• More nonsense from Dave Sim.

BIDEN'S TITANS vs. Q #1

• I find these sorts of books, regardless of party, to be largely a waste of time.

BLUE BARON: ENTER BLOWBACK

Story: Darin Henry | Art: Ron Frenz | Art/Cover: Sal Buscema | Binge Books | $4.99

A super-powered vandal called Blowback is leaving critical government facilities defenseless and the only hero who can stop him, now has the mind of a thirteen-year-old! The Unbeatable Blue Baron makes his triumphant return in this senses-shattering, triple-sized epic culminating with a blockbuster battle that only one will survive! Top TV writer Darin Henry and legendary artists Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema follow-up last year's dynamic debut with a self-contained extravaganza!

• A new Binge Book!

GRIMM UNIVERSE PRESENTS QUARTERLY: DRACULA'S DAUGHTER

Story: Pat Shand Covers: Mike Krome, Igor Vitorino, Josh Burns | Zenescope | $8.99

Charlotte, Dracula's Daughter, is on a quest to find her notorious father. The only problem is, where he's lost is the Underworld, and how he got there is because of her half-sister, the legendary vampire hunter Liesel Van Helsing. Her memory so raw, it's the only thing Charlotte hates more than the situation she is in now.  All of that is in the past now, and she is determined to locate her dad, but what she finds along the way may be more than she asked for.

Don't miss this shocking tale of one of the Grimm Universe's deadliest villains as the terrible past of Dracula's Daughter is finally revealed.

• Wait, Dracula's daughter is named "Charlotte"? That's not a very sinister name. She should be Cruella or Devilina, or something  exotic and Romanian, like Zandra. But "Charlotte"?

LA MUERTA ONSLAUGHT ONE-SHOT

Story: Mike MacLean | Art: Joel Gomez | Covers: Jose Varese, Sorah Suhng, Jonboy Meyers, Mike Debalfo | Coffin Comics | $7.99

"Deathocalypse," an official yearlong company-wide event unfolds here! Maria Diaz stalks the streets as the relentless vigilante La Muerta, seeking vengeance against the criminal underworld. For a time, all was peaceful and quiet in her life - until tonight! Guest appearance by Lady Death!

• "Deathocalypse" sounds pretty bad, which means good, but I'm unfamiliar with Coffin Comics. What other books might be involved? I've probably been getting La Muerta mixed up with Lady Death and/or Lady Mechanika for years.

NAUGHTY LIST #1

Story: Nick Santora | Art: Lee Ferguson | Cover: Francesco Francavilla | Aftershock | $4.99

I had a family once. A wife who loved me ... a child we loved together. That's all gone now, been gone for hundreds of years. All because of that damn star. My name? It depends on where you live. Some call me Kris Kringle, others Papa Noel, but my real name is Nicholas Sinterklass, and this is the story of what happens when you steal my Naughty List.

Up on the housetop CLICK, CLICK, CLICK! Down through the chimney with old Saint Nick!

From the mind of Nick Santora (The Sopranos, Law & Order, The Fugitive and Prison Break) and illustrated by Lee Ferguson (SYMPATHY FOR NO DEVILS, Sam and his Talking Gun) comes the Santa Claus origin story we're sure you've never heard before.

PAST LAST MOUNTAIN #1 (OF 4)

Story: Paul Allor | Art/Covers: Louie Joyce, Gannon Beck, Jody Edwards, Rebekah Isaacs & Josh Jensen | Comics Experience | $5.99

Critically-acclaimed writer Paul Allor teams with rising stars Louie Joyce and Gannon Beck for this thrilling geopolitical fantasy! Half a century ago, the United States rounded up and imprisoned all the fantasy creatures that live amongst us. Now, a faun, a dragon and an adorable troll boy have escaped confinement, and are on the run from the United States Army! Plus, we take you back to the war with short stories written by Allor and illustrated by Rebekah Isaacs, Chris Evenhuis, Paul Tucker, Joe Mulvey, Becky Jewel, Anderson Cabral and Aaron Houston! Special variant covers by Isaacs and more!

• So, this is sort of a cross between They Called Us Enemy, Carnival Row and a D&D quest. I get it. But in modern America, where do you hide a dragon?

STAR RUNNER DARK STAR #1 (OF 3)

Story: James Watson | Art: Leo Cordeiro, Carlos Eduardo, Mohan Sivakami, Wilson Ramos | Cover: Nahuel Lopez | Atlantis Studios | $5.95
Having learned the truth behind her origins, Aurora Palmer hopes for a normal life with her friends at Madison High. But knowing her past is not as easy as charting her future! A dark force is hunting for her, one that threatens her world with new and imminent danger!

STAR RUNNER DARK STAR #2 (OF 3)

Story: James Watson | Art: Leo Cordeiro, Carlos Eduardo, Mohan Sivakami, Wilson Ramos | Cover: Nahuel Lopez | Atlantis Studios | $5.95

Aurora is missing! After the surprise attack by a mysterious enemy, Scott and Kristine search anxiously for their missing friend. Held as a prisoner, Aurora learns the darker side of her parent's legacy, and realizes the person who holds the key to her past may wield power greater than her own!

STAR RUNNER DARK STAR #3 (OF 3)

Aurora is forced to stand alone against a ruthless band of intergalactic mercenaries. Powerless against superior technology, she realizes that only her unique abilities as a Star Runner can hold back the enemy. But will that be enough to save her friends?

• I'm not sure why they're releasing all three issues at once, but the website does say this is the beginning of a graphic novels series. So maybe this is "volume one," or will be soon.
  • Here's a trailer.

VERMILLION #0

Story/Art: Brao | Behemoth Comics | $3.99

WARNING: Subject matter is heavy and extremely dark in nature.

We follow the young Persephone over one long and twisting night as it turns into one of abuse and destruction, after meeting a mysterious figure.

• Boy, if I had a nickel for every long, twisting night full of abuse and destruction after meeting a mysterious figure ...

MORE ORIGINAL GRAPHIC NOVELS

6,000 MILES TO FREEDOM GN

Story: Stephane Marchetti | Art: Cyrille Pomes | Graphic Mundi-PSU Press | $24.95

A  composite  of  true  stories,  6,000  Miles  from  Freedom  is  the  harrowing  tale  of  two young  teenage  boys  who  are  forced  to  flee  war-torn  Afghanistan  in  search  of  what  they  believe  will  be  a more  stable  life  in  England.

• These sorts of stories make my heart hurt, mainly because of the thousands of refugee stories we'll never know, because the refugees didn't make it. And is the West really freedom now, with all the anti-immigrant sentiment?

AFTER: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL VOL 1 GN

• Good girl/bad boy romance.

AIR WARRIORS VOL 1: WORLD WAR ONE INTERNATIONAL ACES

• As I said elsewhere, the more I learn about WWI, the more appalled I am. But people still try to glorify the air war, for some reason.

BAUHAUS

Story: Valentina Grande | Art: Sergio Varbella | Prestel | $24.95

The novel is divided into three chapters that trace the evolution of the Bauhaus, as its center moved across Germany-from Weimar to Dessau to Berlin-and as its philosophy responded to this economically, politically, and intellectually highly charged era in Europe. Sergio Varbella's inventive drawings bring to life the theories of founder Walter Gropius, as well as the basic design ideals of unity and equity. Valentina Grande's thoughtful texts highlight crucial moments within the movement's history and in the lives of principal figures such as Klee, Kandinsky, Albers, and Mies van der Rohe.

• I slept through my one college course on art history, but I know some of you are into it.

FRANCIS BACON

• Francis Bacon is an interesting guy, but I can find out all I want to know about him from a Wikipedia entry. I don't want to spend $24.95 for more than I want or need to know.

KISSES FOR JET

• Transgender coming of age.

METEOR MEN EXPANDED EDITION TPB

Story: Jeff Parker | Art: Sandy Jarrell | Oni Press | $19.99

One summer night, Alden Baylor sits in a field watching the largest meteor shower in human history. What begins as teenage adventure becomes something more-the celestial event brings travelers who will change the world completely, and Alden discovers a connection to one of them. How does a young man who had to grow up fast handle the invasion of his planet? Can Alden keep humanity from oblivion? From writer Jeff Parker (Aquaman, Hulk) and artist Sandy Jarrell (Batman '66) comes this story of adolescence, friendship, and hard decisions. The deluxe Expanded Edition features twenty new pages of story and art interspersed with the original pages of this modern classic!

• This is written by Jeff Parker, which is always a plus for me.

RETROACTIVE TPB

Story/Art: Ibrahim Moustafa | Colors: Brad Simpson | Humanoids | 136 pages | $19.99

An agent working for the U.S. Bureau of Temporal Affairs sets out to discover the source of several anomalies in the timeline—only to become imprisoned in an inescapable time loop.

Temporal agent Tarik Abdelnasser is trapped in a time loop, living and dying over and over again.

The discovery of time travel is unknown to the general public, but a new Cold War rages between global intelligence agencies as they attempt to alter historical events in favor of their respective futures. When new intel points the U.S. Bureau of Temporal Affairs (BTA) toward a hostile anomaly in the past, veteran field agent Tarik Abdelnasser and his new partner, Lucia Olmos, are dispatched to investigate. They discover a radical adversary wielding a new technology that could unravel everything the BTA fights to maintain.

SMAHTGUY: THE LIFE & TIMES OF BARNEY FRANK

• See "Francis Bacon" above.

THICK SKINS HC

Story: Laurent Genefort, Serge Le Tendre | Art: Pasquale Frisenda (Art) | Humanoids | 104 pages | $22.99

A breathtaking manhunt in the form of an elegant space opera, based on the novel by Laurent Genefort. Thick-skins are humans genetically modified to work in space without a suit. Lark is a former thick-skinned man who became a mercenary after having his skin removed. When he receives an encrypted message from his former clan, he sets out to find them with the help of Windy, an anthropology student. But he soon learns that they are not the only ones on the clan's scent — they are being tailed by another group of mercenaries. A breathless chase ensues, forcing Lark to reconnect with his dark past.

MORE STUFF

ALLEY OOP AND HUNT FOR TEXAS PTEROSAURS VOL 2

AMERICAN TV COMIC BOOKS '40s-'80s SMALL SCREEN PRINTED PAGE

BEST OF JOHN WAGNER'S JUDGE DREDD HC

BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #303

BITE-SIZED ARCHIE VOL 1 TPB

Story: Ron Cacace | Art: Vincent Lovallo | Cover: Vincent Lovallo | Archie | 112 pages | $12.99

Chew on this! Archie Comics is bringing their weekly tales from social media together for a big moment in the spotlight in publishing its first-ever webcomic collection, BITE SIZED ARCHIE VOL. 1. Filled with hysterical jokes, insightful commentary, and adorable artwork, the collection features Archie and the gang from Riverdale (and beyond!), as they take a bite out of pop culture. These relevant and sometimes irreverent tales send Archie and pals head-first into modern culture, allowing one of the most iconic entities in Americana to flawlessly assimilate (and comment!) on today’s most meme-worthy trends and social savvy topics. The webcomic collection features the first full year of stories from writer Ron Cacace and artist Vincent Lovallo as they originally appeared on Archie Comics’ social media platforms, along with bonus sketches and a behind-the-scenes look at the creative process.

“Bite Sized Archie started out as the answer to a question: 'How can we create new, original and relevant content for our social media audience on a weekly basis?' ” said Ron Cacace, Archie Comics writer and director of publicity & social media. “Our series is all about continuing the amazing legacy of Archie Comics, which is telling topical stories that reflect on pop culture trends featuring relatable characters and delivering them in an easy-to-digest format. By publishing as a weekly webcomic, we’ve been able to jump on topics faster than ever before while remaining uniquely 'Archie.' And thanks to Vincent’s adorably authentic art style, we’ve been embraced by everyone who has read our stories. It’s a dream come true for us to see our series make it to print and be delivered to an entirely new audience in comic shops and bookstores.”

Since joining Archie Comics in 2014, Ron has helped usher the brand into more contemporary settings by cultivating a riveting online presence for Archie across the company’s social media pages, generating a vibrant landing pad for fans of the classic comics, modern stories, and television adaptations to connect and engage with each other under one banner. Bite Sized Archie continues the company’s creative evolution and modernization that began in 2013 with titles like Afterlife with Archie, Archie by Mark Waid and Fiona Staples, The CW’s Riverdale, and Netflix’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina by simultaneously delighting long-time fans and embracing newcomers. Alongside artist Vincent Lovallo, Ron previously authored the "Outer Space Strips" bonus comics featured in the Cosmo the Mighty Martian series also published by Archie Comics.

“I never would have guessed that a lunch-time sketch and a friendly conversation would turn into a social media phenomenon,” said Archie Comics Art Director Vincent Lovallo. “Working alongside Ron on this series has been an absolute joy. His wit, comedic timing, and understanding of the Archie universe shines through with every script. Bite Sized Archie is truly a labor of love and we're ecstatic that the series has been received so well by the fans. We've received countless requests on social media for a physical edition of Bite Sized Archie and it's so exciting to reveal that it's finally happening! And, despite having 'bite sized' in the title, we're loading up this print collection with the complete first year of strips, concept art, and other goodies that will surely satisfy all our readers!”

During his decade-plus at Archie Comics, Vincent has overseen production on dozens of action-adventure titles such as Jughead's Time Police and Cosmo the Mighty Martian, in addition to working on all-ages licensed properties. In his role as the company’s art director, Vin helps locate and invite new artists from around the globe to integrate their unique styles seamlessly into the pages of Archie Comics, ensuring an evolving and contemporary roster of talent on Archie’s creative output. Vincent contributes the pencils, inks, coloring, and letters for every Bite Sized Archie strip.

“Ron and Vincent have been absolutely instrumental in bringing Archie to the forefront of the popular culture landscape and with Bite Sized, readers have been reminded on a weekly basis that Archie is a pop culture staple,” said Archie Comics CEO/Publisher Jon Goldwater. “Infused with Ron’s humorous commentary and Vincent’s artistic vision, the reception to Bite Sized has been amazing and we can’t wait for fans to be able to enjoy the published collection.”

• It took me a minute to figure out, but this isn't just another version of Li'l Archie. It is, instead, the regular teenage versions of the characters, only drawn in chibi style.

BYLINES IN BLOOD #4

COWBOY BEBOP #3

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S VOL 3: FOURTH CLOSET GN

FOURTH MAN #4 (OF 4)

GRIMM FAIRY TALES #59

HARBINGER (2021) #7

Story: Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing | Art: Robbi Rodriguez | Colors: Rico Renzi | Letters: Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou | Covers: Robbi Rodriguez, Marks Berravechhia, Cully Hamner | Valiant | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

Enter high-flying hero Faith Herbert! The final battle between Peter Stanchek and THE RENEGADE draws near in penultimate issue of the series, THE HARBINGER #7!

With THE RENEGADE and his Psiot army on the loose in Psiot City, can THE HARBINGER recover in time to protect the city? If FAITH and the others fall, what will become of Chicago and THE HARBINGER'S legacy? And if that's not enough, wait until you get to the shocker at the end of the issue!

HOTELL VOL 2 #5 (OF 5)

I SURVIVED ATTACK OF GRIZZLIES 1967 VOL 5 GN

JOHN CARPENTER TALES OF SCI-FI CIVILIANS #3 (OF 3)

LEAD CITY #2

LION & EAGLE #3

ORCS IN SPACE VOL 2 TPB

OZ ANNUAL DOMINION OF OZMO ONE-SHOT #2

• I don't understand how you can have a second issue of a one-shot.

RICK AND MORTY INFINITY HOUR #2

SEASON OF THE BRUJA #2

SHADOW SERVICE #11

TAROT WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #133

WE DONT KILL SPIDERS #4

WILDER #3 (OF 5)

WORLD WAR 3: BATTLE OVER HOKKAIDO #2 (OF 5)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• what true comic book fan's heart doesn't beat a little faster at the launch of a colorful Crisis? - Me? Or I'm not a true comic book fan. For me, Final Crisis, was my final crisis. I'm always disappointed in them, so I don't even bother any more.

TMNT: THE LAST RONIN #5 (OF 5) - While I have enjoyed the series, it has taken a long time to finish.

TRANSFORMERS #42

TRANSFORMERS: WAR’S END #3 (OF 4) - I've really enjoyed these series from IDW. I'll be sad to see this go.

I know it's heresy to Ditko fans, but Romita Senior was my favorite Spidey artist as a kid. JR JR is the closest we can come to having those halcyon years back. - I personally can't stand JR JR's art. I will actually skip a comic if I see he's is on art duty.

Tezuka, who died in 1989, is known as "the god of manga" and "Japan's Disney." - This just gives me the chance to say I got a collection of lithographs by Tezuka from Half-Price Books at a mint.

• JUSTICE LEAGUE #75: I advise anyone interested in this to get to his shop early.

DAVE STEVENS' ROCKETEER ARTIST’S EDITION HC: This is actually a reissue of IDW's very first AE.

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE COMPLETE LIBRARY VOL 6 HC: Or "Better Late Than Never".

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1: I, too, prefer Romita (Sr.) to Ditko. I stuck thtough the whole "Beyond" thing so I kind of owe it to myself to try this one out.

HULK: GRAND DESIGN: I really enjoyed the first Hulk: Grand Design, but that's just me.  I don't know what the deal is with the sequential one-shots; I don't remember the FF & X-Men ones being released that way (in fact, X-M:GD was two series). 

"I don't understand how you can have a second issue of a one-shot."

Ask Neal Adams. He got two consecutive, foil-enhanced "zero issues" out of Deathwatch 2000.

55711480456.0.SILVER.SGN.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x42621177640.0.RED.FOIL.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

• "I don't understand how you can have a second issue of a one-shot."

How about a 9th issue of 6?

from Amazon: 

• Also, Ninjak had not only a #0 issue, but a #00 issue as well.

60903295296.0.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x60903295296.0.00.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Bite-Sized Archie is written by Ron Cacace, a friend who used to work at my local comic shop before taking a PR job at Archie. (For a long while he wrote Archie's zingy, sometimes surreal, Twitter feed.) He just took a job at Zestworld, and I bet he'll excel there as well. 

I'm hoping to pick up a signed copy of Bite-Sized from him at a local street fair this weekend.

• Travis, by no means would I ever intend to infer that you are not a true comic fan. I phrased the above poorly; it's my inner 12-year-old whose heart is beating faster. As I noted, the adult me is bit more cynical. Sorry for the inference.

As to Continuity's Fun With Numbers, I never actually took them seriously despite the presence of Adams art. The stories were shallow but turned up to 11 anyway, and issues of various titles came out in a manner I can only describe as "random." Covers and indicias didn't match, stories were begun and never finished, and all in all Continuity Comics offered a slick-looking product that couldn't seem to master the basics of publishing. 

But I did buy the books when they (occasionally and randomly) appeared, and can address this issue. According to mycomicshop.com, "Prelude Deathwatch 2000 Megalith" #0 (per the cover) was actually just Megalith #0 in the indicia, the first issue of the second Megalith series, which ran for eight issues (Megalith #0-7). "Prelude Deathwatch 2000 Hybrids" was Hybrids Deathwatch 2000 #0 in the indicia, and ran for four issues (Hybrids Deathwatch 2000 #0-3).

I have those Ninjak comics, too!

• Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) said:

what true comic book fan's heart doesn't beat a little faster at the launch of a colorful Crisis? - Me? Or I'm not a true comic book fan. For me, Final Crisis, was my final crisis. I'm always disappointed in them, so I don't even bother any more.

Oh, c'mon, Travis ... after the Infinite Final Identity Crisis Flashpoint at Zero Hour on the Brightest Day after The Darkest Night, what's one more?

• Captain Comics said:

Travis, by no means would I ever intend to infer that you are not a true comic fan. I phrased the above poorly; it's my inner 12-year-old whose heart is beating faster. As I noted, the adult me is bit more cynical. Sorry for the inference.

No apology necessary, Cap! I really took no offense at all. I was just having some fun with your commentary myself.

CK, isn't there always just "one more"?

• True. I now have to amend that to "the Dark Infinite Final Identity Crisis Flashpoint at Zero Hour on the Brightest Day after the Darkest Night."

• I think you still need to work the words "secret" and "war" in there somehow.

This reply was deleted.