BOOM! STUDIOS

JIM HENSON’S STORYTELLER: SHAPESHIFTERS #4

MAGIC THE GATHERING #15

ONCE & FUTURE #26

DARK HORSE COMICS

CYBERPUNK 2077 BLACKOUT #1

Story: Bartosz Sztybor | Art/Cover: Roberto Ricci| Mature | $3.99

Explore the darkest parts of Night City in Dark Horse Comic's next series from the world of Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk 2077: Blackout! Writer Bartosz Sztybor (Cyberpunk 2077: You Have My Word, Cyberpunk 2077: Big City Dreams) is joined by artist Robert Ricci, colorist Fabiana Mascolo and letterer Frank Cvetkovic. Featuring variant covers by Max Fiumara.

It hurts. Night City hurts. The suffering runs deep and the deeper one falls, the longer the self-prescribed dreams play. Fortune, hope, love — all made possible by DMS technology. But not everyone desires a happy ending. A braindance repairman discovers that the answer to pain ... comes in a blackout.

Praise for Cyberpunk 2077: You Have My Word:

“Great character work, solid bones for its structure, and art work that drags readers in makes for a fantastic opening salvo.” — Comicbook.com

Cyberpunk 2077 is dark, gritty and a strong story. With a solid foundation, this miniseries is certain to be a good one.” — Major Spoilers

“I loved this first issue. The story that Bartosz Sztybor has created and Jesus Hervas has drawn complement each other, crafting a beautiful and dark tale.” — Flickering Myth

Cyberpunk 2077: You Have My Word #1 dazzles as much as it depresses. This new limited series confronts us with the poverty and crime present in Night City only hinted at in the previous Cyberpunk series.” — Monkeys Fighting R

• This is the third one of these miniseries. It's never looked interesting to me, and it's based on a video game (second strike), but if it's selling that well, maybe I should give it a look. Any recommendations, Legionnaires?

STRANGER THINGS: KAMCHATKA #3

WE HAVE DEMONS #3

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS 2022 ANNUAL #1

Story: Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Si Spurrier | Art: Dale Eaglesham, Ian Churchill | Cover: Francesco Francavilla | $5.99

As the Warworld Saga reaches a breaking point, battle lines are drawn between the two towering forces at odds: Mongul and Superman. In this special 2022 annual we’ll explore how our combatants have evolved over the years to represent the beacons of hope and tyranny that they respectively embody ... and witness the first chilling chapter of their ultimate final battle!

Future State completely soured me on this storyline (even though it's probably going to end differently).

BATMAN 2022 ANNUAL #1

Story: Ed Brisson | Art: John Timms | Cover: Mikel Janin | $5.99

Following the events of the Abyss story arc, Batman has now tasked Ghost-Maker to finance and lead Batman Inc.! First order of business for the new management? Clean up a huge mess Luthor created in Chechnya ... but is this new group ready to face fearsome new threat the Gray Wolf? And prepare yourself for the evolution of Clownhunter!

BATMAN: BEYOND THE WHITE KNIGHT SHOWCASE EDITION

BATMAN: REPTILIAN HC

DEATH AND RETURN OF SUPERMAN OMNIBUS HC

HARDWARE SEASON ONE #6

Story: Brandon Thomas | Art: Denys Cowan, Bill Sienkiewicz | Cover: Mateus Manhanini | $3.99

Mercenaries, police, backstabbing businessmen and more have all tried to keep Curtis Metcalf down. His reputation is in tatters, his suit nearly destroyed, and his body beaten, and still nothing can stop Curtis from getting his revenge. It’s time for Edwin Alva to realize just how big of a mistake he made in underestimating the power of Hardware’s rage!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: ROAD TO DARK CRISIS ONE-SHOT

Story: Joshua Williamson, Jeremy Adams, Brandon Thomas, Chuck Brown, Stephanie Phillips, Phillip Kennedy Johnson | Art: Clayton Henry, Fico Ossio, Emanuela Lupacchino, Leila Del Duca, more | Cover: Daniel Sampere | $5.99

The Justice League has tragically fallen in battle, and now we see the aftermath. How does the world react to the Justice League being gone? Which heroes rise up ... and which villains try to take advantage? And what dark forces are lying in wait to attack? An all-star roster of DC talent showcases a world without a Justice League and sets the stage for next month’s Dark Crisis event!

THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE #9 (OF 12)

SHADOW WAR: OMEGA #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Joshua Williamson | Art: Stephen Segovia | Cover: Jonboy Meyers | $5.99

THE SHADOW WAR’S EPIC CONCLUSION! The shocking finale of the Shadow War! Lives have been lost. Heroes and villains have fallen in battle. And now the real mastermind behind the Shadow War has been revealed. But they are far from done! Batman and Robin are all that’s left to put a stop to their real plans. Can the father-and-son duo work together to save the day? Events in this issue lead directly into DC’s next big summer event!

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL VOL. 1: TRUTH HC

TEEN TITANS BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS HC

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

DIE!NAMITE NEVER DIES #4

RED SONJA: RED SITHA #2

VAMPIRELLA 50TH ANNIVERSARY ART BOOK HC

VAMPIRELLA/DRACULA UNHOLY #6

VENGEANCE OF VAMPIRELLA VOL 2: SPOILS OF WAR TPB

IDW PUBLISHING

CAPTAIN ACTION CLASSIC COLLECTION HC

Story: Jim Shooter, Gil Kane | Art: Wally Wood | $29.99

The CAPTAIN ACTION comic, based on the classic action figure, has been out of print for more than 50 years. Written by Jim Shooter and Gil Kane, drawn by Kane and Wally Wood — a legendary roster of talent if there ever was one — and containing the origin of Captain Action and Action Boy and featuring their arch-nemesis, the diabolical Doctor Evil!

All five original issues are collected in this volume and have been meticulously scanned from crisp first generation stats, and painstakingly recolored (using the original comics as guides), beautifully representing a long-lost treasure!

• I remember reading this back in the day. Shooter didn't have much to work with; I mean, the bad guy was literally "Dr. Evil" and he had what looked like an exposed brain. The art is the star.

FREE PASS GN

Story/Art/Cover: Julian Hanshow |$19.99

Huck and Nadia are enjoying their 20s: working in Big Tech and developing an adventurous sex life. Together they fantasize about opening their relationship with a "free pass" to sleep with certain friends or celebrities. It's all in good fun.

But Huck is leading a double life. As a national election looms, he grows more and more uncomfortable with his company's unelected authority over Internet discourse. When the couple receives a bizarre gift — a cutting-edge humanoid sex AI that can morph into anyone — their worlds of fantasy, trust and consent are thrown into blissful chaos.

In a society growing more divided each day, Huck struggles with the pressure to uphold boundaries at work ... while everything is collapsing at home.

Julian Hanshaw follows his acclaimed graphic novels Tim Ginger and Cloud Hotel with an intoxicating new tale of liberty, privacy and shame, set in the sticky place where sex, politics and technology come together.

GIRL AND THE GLIM GN

Story: India Swift | Art: India Swift, Michael Doig | $12.99

Starting out at a new school is tough, and Bridgette isn't having much luck, seeing as, well, she's not great at making a first impression. Or, maybe, any impression. Ugh, all these nervous feelings! Will she fit in? Will she make new friends? Will they still like her once they get to know her better? Nope. For now the best she can manage is ... awkward. This is not going great. The Girl and The Glim is about accepting the fact that fear is okay, and that while letting other people see your vulnerabilities can be scary, it can also lead to closer friendships in the end.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VOL 11: ZETI HUNT TPB

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES REBORN VOL 4: SOW, WIND, REAP TPB

TRANSFORMERS VOL 5: HORRORS NEAR AND FAR HC

USAGI YOJIMBO ORIGINS VOL 3: DRAGON BELLOW CONSPIRACY TPB

IMAGE COMICS

THE CLOSET #1 (OF 3)

Story: James TynionIV | Art: Chris O'Halloran | Art: Gavin Fullerton | Covers: Gavin Fullerton, Michael Avon Oeming, Declan Shalvey | $3.99

Bestselling writer James Tynion IV (The Department Of Truth, Razorblades) and artist Gavin Fullerton (Bog Bodies, Bags) invite readers to a new tale of existential familial horror in The Closet. previously published via "The Empire of the Tiny Onion" newsletter, this three-issue miniseries will launch in print format for the first time.

"I'm absolutely thrilled to be bringing the first of the original comic series I've been publishing through my Substack to print," said Tynion IV in an exclusive on the announcement with ScreenRant. "The Closet is a personal horror story that's been living in the back of my head for a very long time, and I can't wait to introduce it to a larger audience."

In The Closet, Thom is moving cross-country with his family and dragging the past along with them. His son, Jamie, is seeing monsters in the bedroom closet and will not let them go.

Fullerton added: "The set up of our story I'm sure will be familiar to many horror fans. A little boy is afraid of the monster in his closet. But also many horror fans will know that these familiar tropes are there to guide the audience into something much much deeper."

• OK, one less candidate for "Father of the Year."

DEADLY CLASS VOL 11: A FOND FAREWELL PT 1 TPB

FIRE POWER BY KIRKMAN & SAMNEE #21

FIRE POWER BY KIRKMAN & SAMNEE BOOK 1 HC

LITTLE MONSTERS #4

LOADED BIBLE: BLOOD OF MY BLOOD #4

MURDER FALCON DELUXE EDITION HC

THE PHALANX ONE-SHOT

Bestselling writer and artist Jonathan Luna (20XX, Alex + Ada) pays homage to the hit series launched during the early years of Image Comics with the upcoming The Phalanx. This exciting one-shot will land during Image’s 30-year anniversary celebrations.

The Phalanx follows Spur, a mercenary in modern-day Los Angeles, who chases a mysterious villain and finds herself going through a portal and running into a famous superhero team. They realize they have a common goal.

"I'm so honored that Image is publishing The Phalanx, as it's inspired by the series that launched the company in 1992," said Luna. "I've dreamed of making a comic like this for many years, and to have it in print with the Image logo is amazing. To those who also thought the '90s was a magical time for comics, I hope this one-shot entertains and brings back memories!"

• Yes, that's an homage to WildC.A.T.S.: Covert Action Teams #1 (1992).

RICK GRIMES 2000 HC

Story: Robert Kirkman | Art: Cliff Rathburn | Art/Cover: Ryan Ottley, Dave McCaig | Mature | $19.99

Today Image/Skybound announced the first-ever hardcover collection of Rick Grimes 2000, the story that goes beyond The Walking Dead and presents an alternate universe of the worldwide pop culture phenomenon.

Reuniting the superstar Invincible team of Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley, the hardcover will collect the entire Rick Grimes 2000 story originally serialized in the pages of Skybound X #1-5, which continues the unforgettable story first introduced in the now-iconic The Walking Dead #75.

Rick Grimes was a small-town police officer. Then the world fell to the walking dead. But the dead were only the start … and a new tale of alien horror begins here.

"The entire concept of Rick Grimes 2000 began as a gag many years ago, and it’s been thrilling to take that and tell one of the wildest and most fun stories we’ve ever told,” said Kirkman. “I am so glad that our community has enjoyed this completely different take on the Rick Grimes character and can now collect every page of this zany, outlandish adventure.”

• Boy, that throwaway bit in Walking Dead #75 sure grew some legs.

RIGHTEOUS THIRST FOR VENGEANCE #8

SPAWN: SCORCHED #6

Story: Sean Lewis | Art: Stephen Segovia | Colors: Ulises Arreola | Letters: AndWorld Design. | Covers: Björn Barends, Todd McFarlane | $2.99

Megastar artist Todd McFarlane reveals the SCORCHED #6 cover artwork, the final of the four connecting covers that pays homage to Jim Lee’s historic X-MEN #1 covers.

This marks the first time McFarlane has drawn a four-cover connecting artwork spread in his career. SCORCHED issues #3 through #6 connect to create one stunning piece of artwork commemorating SPAWN’s 30th anniversary in 2022.

McFarlane said: “The X-Men and Jim Lee’s artwork have inspired a whole generation of new comic book artists, and I wanted to tip my hat to Jim’s enormous impact on our industry. This marked the first time I have done any connecting covers, let alone four of them! I hope to keep reminding new customers that there was a time in the 1990s when our industry was near the zenith of excitement and innovative styles. Jim Lee was helping to lead that pack.”

McFarlane’s SCORCHED #1, launched in January 2022, set the sales record for the “Biggest New Team Book” from the past 30 years. This supergroup of heroes and villains includes Spawn, Cy-Gor, Overtkil, Redeemer, Gunslinger, Haunt, Soul Crusher, Medieval Spawn, She-Spawn and more fan-favorite characters waiting in the wings.

• All this does is remind how much better a comic book X-Men is.

STEP BY BLOODY STEP #4

SUPER FREAKS ONE-SHOT

Story: Jim Purchell, Craig Olsen, Raven Perez, Ken Albery, David Branstatter, John Ashton Golden, James Hanson, Gavin Higginbotham, Scott James, Nick Justus, Nikos Koutsis, Simon Mallette St-Pierre, Chris McJunkin, Micah Myers, Greg O'Driscoll, Eric Shonborn, Talbot, Matt, Conner James Tierney, Mark Welser, Rich Woodall (A) Jim Purchell, Craig Olsen, Raven Perez, Ken Albery, David Branstatter, John Ashton Golden, James Hanson, Gavin Higginbotham, Scott James, Nick Justus, Nikos Koutsis, Simon Mallette St-Pierre, Chris McJunkin, Micah Myers, Greg O'Driscoll, Eric Shonborn, Talbot, Matt, Conner James Tierney, Rich Woodall | Cover: Erik Larsen | Art/Cover: Mark Welser | Mature | $4.99

Celebrate a decade of the Savage FINcast podcast with an official fan tribute to everyone’s favorite Fin-Head. This special, off-the-wall, one-shot story will hit shelves this June from Image Comics.

Savage Dragon fans unite to produce one of the wildest comics ever created! In 2021, hosts of the Savage FINcast — a podcast that celebrates Savage Dragon and the work of creator and Image Comics co-founder, Erik Larsen — began planning a way to celebrate their 10-year anniversary. After brainstorming and gauging the interests of their friends, the hosts decided to attempt a self-published Savage Dragon Fanzine featuring the talents of their fellow Savage Dragon enthusiasts. With approval from Larsen himself, the hosts began work on the fanzine with the goal of producing something that could be awarded as a prize to their podcast listeners. The project — now titled Super Freaks — brought in the talents of 20 Savage Dragon super-fans, contributing four-to-five-page stories, one-page gag strips, pinups and more.

As the project finished up in late 2021, a digital copy of the comic was submitted to Larsen, and he was so taken by it that he insisted it be released to the world as an official publication through Image Comics.

“This was too good not to share! It's hilarious! It's exhilarating. It's poignant and sexy and brutal and everything I love,” said Larsen. “It's a ton of fun and I couldn't let this be some limited edition book that nobody else got to see.”

Craig Olsen, Savage FINcast host and contributor/editor of Super Freaks, added: “Many of the project contributors have been collecting Savage Dragon and other Image Comics titles since the inception of the company back in 1992. To have their work printed in an Image comic — especially during the company's 30th anniversary celebration — is really a dream come true. We are all over the moon!”

This one-shot comic is a fan love letter to 30 years of Savage Dragon and includes stories covering many characters and various eras of the Savage Dragon series. In fact, the title Super Freaks is a nod to the term established in the Savage Dragon comic for super-powered beings, many of which are showcased in the one-shots stories and pin-ups. 

This 56-page extravaganza delivers action-packed superhero romps including: a multiverse of Dragons, a tie-in to the 1990s Savage Dragon cartoon, features focusing on Dragon’s son Malcolm and his wife Maxine, and stories spotlighting other fan-favorite characters.

The mix of indie creators and relative newcomers that contributed to the book are sure to create new fans of their work. Some of the more established contributors include Mark Welser (Gods of Brutality), Rich Woodall (Electric Black), Raven Perez (Ravens Dojo), Connor Tierney (Kid Eastwood), Scott James (Juiceman), and Nick Justus (Anne Bonnie).

Additionally, Super Freaks sports a dynamic, brand new cover by Erik Larsen and Mark Welser. Whether you are a long-time fan, someone who is curious about the Savage Dragon universe, or just enjoy fun comic anthologies with great art and stories — Super Freaks has something for everyone.

It’s crude! It’s rude! It’s hilarious! It’s one of the most offbeat comic books ever committed to paper!

• I've never had any interest in Savage Dragon, which I find a bit juvenile. So hard pass from me.

WALKING DEAD DELUXE #40

• Hey, only 35 issues until Rick Grimes 2000!

WHAT'S THE FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE? #3 DELUXE EDITION WITH  7-INCH RECORD

MARVEL COMICS

ALIEN #12

AVENGERS FOREVER #6

BLACK PANTHER #6

CAPTAIN MARVEL #38

Story: Kelly Thompson | Art: Juan Frigeri & & Álvaro López | Cover: R.B. Silva | Teen+ | $3.99

The mysterious origins and powers of the new version of Binary will be explored in a new arc beginning in May’s CAPTAIN MARVEL #38. This perfect jumping-on point will see Binary take over as Captain Marvel when Carol Danvers goes missing. Fans can check out Marvel Stormbreaker R.B. Silva’s cover of the issue showcasing some of Captain Marvel’s most iconic costumes over the years as well as Russell Dauterman’s original design sheets for Binary’s new look, a modern spin on the legendary Dave Cockrum’s classic design.

Carol’s disappearance has left the newly sentient Binary to fill in, but stepping into the shoes of one of Earth’s greatest heroes is no easy feat. As Binary finds herself plunged into a world she barely understands, the questions about exactly who and what Binary is grow deeper. And where IS Captain Marvel anyway?!

"I'm really excited about this wild new arc for Carol and Binary — it's called TRIALS — and lemme tell you, these ladies are going through it,” Thompson said. "Carol Danvers' time as Binary was one of her most fascinating — and also one of her best and most powerful looks. And while Carol sometimes taps into that power — it's a name and look that's been just sitting on the shelf, unused — so we thought, why not have both? There's no reason we can't have Captain Marvel and also Binary — and with that the wheels started turning on the creation of this awesome new character. It's been such a fun ride so far and there's so much more in store for her!"

"I was very happy to design this!” Dauterman said. “I love Dave Cockrum’s original design (ever since I first saw Binary, when she punched Rogue through a roof!) — I wanted to keep that vibe, but modernize the look a bit and pull in some of Carol’s current iconography."

"It was such a thrill to get Russell Dauterman to do the Binary design,” Thompson added. “The original design is SO strong that we knew we needed someone with Russell's incredible gift for costume design if we had any hope of doing it justice."

• Wait -- I thought Binary was Carol Danvers.

CARNAGE #3

DEADPOOL: BAD BLOOD #2

GHOST RIDER #3

KING CONAN #5

KNIGHTS OF X #2

LUKE CAGE OMNIBUS HC

• If you already have Marvel Masterworks: Luke Cage Vols 1-2, you're gonna be mad. The MMWs only collect Luke Cage/Power Man through issue #31; this omnibus collects Luke Cage/Power Man #1-47 and Power Man Annual #1.
  • Iron Fist began guest-starring with Power Man #48, and the title became Power Man/Iron Fist with issue #50, so issue #47 is a natural break.

MARVEL JUNE 1962 OMNIBUS HC

Story: Stan Lee | Art: Jack Kirby, More | Covers: Steve Ditko, Javier Rodriguez | All Ages | $125.00

Where were you in June of 1962? We know where Spider-Man was: making his historic debut in Amazing Fantasy #15. But that wasn't the only thing going on in that all-important month in Marvel history and the MARVEL: JUNE 1962 OMNIBUS highlights these Marvel milestones including:

• Thor first held aloft the hammer Mjolnir.
  • Hank Pym donned his cybernetic helmet, becoming Ant-Man.
  • The FF squared off against Namor and Doctor Doom.
  • Kid Colt mixed it up with the Circus of Crime.
  • Millie the Model got mixed up in more Hanover hi-jinks.
  • Patsy and Hedy worked on their frenemy-ship.
  • Star-crossed lovers dealt with the ups and downs of romance, all while tales of horror and fantasy stories crept from the pages of titles like Strange Tales.

In the tradition of the recent MARVEL: AUGUST 1961 omnibus which celebrated the Fantastic Four’s debut, the MARVEL: JUNE 1962 OMNIBUS will collect every comic from this month of Marvel milestones: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #83; AMAZING FANTASY (1962) #15; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #35; KATHY #18; LIFE WITH MILLIE #18; PATSY WALKER #102; KID COLT, OUTLAW #106; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #6; LINDA CARTER, STUDENT NURSE #7; MILLIE THE MODEL #110; STRANGE TALES (1951) #100; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #33; LOVE ROMANCES #101; INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #3; GUNSMOKE WESTERN #72; PATSY AND HEDY #84 and RAWHIDE KID (1955) #30.

• I honestly had no idea that Spider-Man, Thor and Ant-Man all debuted in the same month. Same year, yeah, but same month? (And yes, I know that Hank Pym debuted in Tales to Astonish #27. He didn't become Ant-man until Tales to Astonish #35.) I looked up the other big debut of '62, but Incredible Hulk #1 came out three months previous to the other three. Wasp and Iron Man didn't debut until early 1963.
  • Like with 1961, this will scratch an itch I've always had to see the context of seminal issues.

MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #38

Story: Saladin Ahmed | Art: Christopher Allen | Covers: Taurin Clarke, Christopher Allen, Sergio Dàvila, Skan, Jen Bartel, Ernanda Souza | Teen | $3.99

Revealed last month in a cryptic teaser, there’s a new Spider hero on the horizon. Dubbed SPIDER-SMASHER, the mysterious warrior from the future will debut in the pages of May’s MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #38. Created by writer Saladin Ahmed and artist Christopher Allen, Spider-Smasher will play a vital role in an upcoming story that sees Miles Morales on a dangerous inter-dimensional quest. The encounter will have a profound impact on Miles when it’s revealed that Spider-Smasher is none other than a grown-up and extremely badass version of his baby sister, Billie Morales! Also known as Capitán Billie, Miles will meet her when he finds himself in the EMPIRE OF THE SPIDER, a timeline where Miles' clone Selim was victorious, and the only thing standing in the evil Spider-Man's way is a rebellion led by Billie!

“It blows my mind that, not only do I get to draw a chapter in one of the greatest sagas of all time, but I get to add something this significant to the story of one of my favorite characters!” Allen said.

• Marvel is apparently promoting this issue due to the debut of new superhero Spider-Smasher. Why does that sound like a villain to me?

MOON KNIGHT #1 FACSIMILE EDITION

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #23

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #23

STRANGE #3

X-MEN '92: HOUSE OF XCII #2

MORE COMICS

BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #304

CHEAP TRICKS #2 (OF 8)

FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS #4 (OF 4)

GRIMM SPOTLIGHT ZODIAC ONE-SHOT

Story/Cover: Joe Brusha | Zenescope | $5.99

Zodiac is trying to turn over a new leaf and right the wrongs of his past. But redemption is not so easy when you've worked as an enforcer for the IRA and an assassin for an evil magician. His task is about to get much harder when he's paid a visit by a criminally insane relative who wants him back in the family business. Guest starring the Black Knight.

• “Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot. I will dress as the one thing they fear most: The Unattainable Hot Chick! Of course, I will terrorize all other insecure males as well. But it can’t be helped!”

HORROR COMICS #10 DRACULA IN WEST

HORROR COMICS #11 DRACULA IN WEST PT 2

MEZO: BATTLE AT COBAN ROCK #2 (OF 5)

Script: Tyler Chin-Tanner | Art: Val Rodrigues, Gab Contreras, Varga Tomi | Covers: Val Rodrigues, Terry Blas | A Wave Blue World | 32 pages | $3.99

In the land of Mezo, the Tzalekuhl Empire sets out to conquer all surrounding territories, disrupting the peace that has lasted for generations. Only Kyma, the daughter of a fallen chief who refused to yield, stands in their way with the aid of the mighty Huax'kin Warriors. Using the battle as a distraction, Itza'be and Zea set out toward the now unguarded Tzalekuhl Palace. They seek the remaining pieces of the Celestial Seed, knowing they must reunite them all before the coming solar eclipse. Meanwhile, Uhna and Balaque head to Cobán Rock hoping they're not too late to prevent a massacre.

Inspired by Mesoamerican history and legends, MEZO is a totally unique fantasy adventure driven by war, political intrigue, and ancient magic!

NEVERENDER #1 (OF 6)

Story/Art/Cover: Devin Kraft | Behemoth Comics | $4.99

The year is 2X19 and due to breakthroughs in artificial accelerants, mankind has taken to the stars. At the edge of civilization, the dominant sport is a civilized sword duel to the death.

The rules are simple:

• The Duel Must Be Agreed Upon by Both Crows
  • A Time and Place Must Also Be Agreed Upon
  • Both Duelists Must Acknowledge Each Other
  • Only Two Crows May Duel at a Time
  • A Crow Must Have Direct Contact to His Weapon
  • Once the Kill is Confirmed the Match is Over

In the city of riots, Merrick, a disaffected terrestrial youth, fights for his survival. Smash the City. Smash the State. Burn it all. Escape to Space.

NEWTHINK #1 (OF 5)

Story: Gregg Hurwitz | Art: Mike Deodato | Cover: Rahzzah | AWA | Mature | $4.99

This Black Mirror-style anthology examines the rapid proliferation of technology, the cultural and political polarization of the country and the technocrats that have driven us to such extremes of thought that we need to present the present as something ... futuristic. Each of the five issues is a standalone tale with its own art team.

• Yes, the Bible specifies a serpent as the evil in the Garden of Eden. But it would be even more evil if it was a serpent with a smartphone.

TRAILER PARK BOYS: HOUSE OF 1000 CONKYS

Story: Shawn DePasquale, Tom Molloy | Art: Brian Roger | Cover: Daniel Leister | Devil’s Due | Mature | $4.99

Ricky, Julian and Bubbles are back! This time in a spooooky one-shot with  everyone's favorite lunatic puppet — Conky. After Bubbles' haunted house is canceled, he swears revenge on those responsible, and turns to the long-buried Conky to help him teach Ricky and Julian a terrifying lesson on the importance of Halloween. This one is sure to scare the sh!t out of someone (maybe you), so make sure you got your brown pants on when you read it!

TRISKELE #1

Story: Felipe Pan | Art/Cover: Monaramis | Scout Comics | $4.99

When young Alec Ellis is granted a magical gift on Samhain night, the scales of power on the island of Albion are inadvertently shifted. Now, together with his friends, he is about to embark on a dangerous journey that shall decide the fate of their entire kingdom.

Set in a medieval world populated by characters and events from Celtic myths and legends, Triskele is a visually stunning journey into the world of once forgotten oral traditions. It is an epic story of courage and friendship imbued with fascinating characters and steeped in the magic of Welsh and Irish folklore.

WILDER #4 (OF 5)

WOLVENHEART #13

MORE COLLECTIONS/OGNs

#BLESSED VOL 1 GN

Story: M. Victoria Robado | Art: M. Victoria Robado | Rocketship Entertainment | $19.99

Joanna is a mid-20s office girl who likes social media and watered down coffee. She started that fateful day checking her dating notifications on her phone and she didn't realize she was swiping right to the whole Pantheon of Gods and Goddesses!  On the lookout for a human to create a new demigod to rule Earth, only one of them will be able to take Joanna as their own ... after a nice dinner, that is!

ADVENTURES OF GOD VOL 1 GN

Story: Matteo Ferrazzi | Art: Corey Jay | Rocketship Entertainment | $19.99

A lot of God's most bizarre decisions throughout history make a lot more sense once you realize he's just a bumbling old man with poor long-term memory and a drinking problem. In this book you will learn why He got rid of dinosaurs, why it took Him so long to talk Abraham out of killing his son, and all about His complicated relationship with Satan. This volume contains the first 50 episodes of the popular Ringo Award-nominated webcomic! Legal disclaimer: you might go to Hell for laughing, we decline all liability.

• This reminds me of TV’s Lucifer, where God was kinda dotty.

AFTER LAMBANA: MYTH AND MAGIC IN MANILA GN

Story: Eliza Victoria | Art: Mervin Malonzo | $16.99

Immerse yourself in a fantasy world of Filipino myth, magic and supernatural suspense! Lambana — the realm of supernatural fairies known as Diwata — has fallen, and the Magic Prohibition Act has been enacted. To add to his troubles, there's something wrong with Conrad's heart and only magic can prolong his life. He teams up with Ignacio, a well-connected friend who promises to hook him up with the Diwata and their magical treatments, a quest that's not only risky but highly illegal! On the shadowy, noir-tinged streets of Manila, multiple realities co-exist and intertwine as the two friends seek a cure for the magical malady. Slinky sirens and roaming wraith-like spirits populate a parallel world ruled by corruption and greed, which Conrad must enter to find the cure he seeks. Will Lambana spill its secrets and provide the healing balm Conrad needs? Or will he perish in the process?

BIKINI ATOLL HC

Story: Christophe Bec | Art: Bernard Khattou | Clover Press | $24.99

Bikini Atoll and its turquoise waters attract tourist and divers from all over the world. This celestial paradise has not only given its name to the world's most famous bathing suit, but it was also used as a nuclear testing ground by the United States for over 40 years. Today the island's unreachable crevasses and impenetrable forests conceal many mysteries and dangers! Take a relaxing weekend trip to Bikini Atoll ... if you dare!

Written and illustrated by the SUNLIGHT creative team, screenwriter Christophe Bec and artist Bernard Khattou.

• Astoundingly, Bikini does attract visitors, despite being too radioactive for ongoing inhabitation. The last people to live there accrued dangerous levels of Cesium-137, and the groundwater has too much Strontium-90 to drink. Only a few caretakers live there, and I imagine they import their food and water and rotate out when their dosimeters get too high.

BLAKE & MORTIMER VOL 28: THE LAST SWORDFISH GN

BROTHERS BOND GN

Story: Kevin Grevioux | Art/Cover: Ryan Benjamin | Rocketship Entertainment | $29.99

The Eisner-nominated Brothers Bond centers on Yoshi, the young, arrogant crown prince set to inherit an empire. After falling into trouble with his father, the one man he fears, Yoshi runs from home. Picked up by two blind, wandering samurai, Yoshi grows up to learn honor and strength. He then decides to return to his homeland, to claim his birthright and save his people from a demon invasion. A story about good versus evil, dark versus light, and brother versus brother, Brothers Bond is an intriguing tale of honor, respect, and tradition.

• Diamond consistently refers to this as "Brothers Blood," but the title is clearly Brothers Bond. Says so right on the cover.

COMPLETE PEANUTS VOL 17 1983–1984 TPB

CROAKING VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Megan Grey | Rocketship Entertainment | $19.99

Nominated for the 2020 Ringo Award for Best Webcomic! The Roost — the world's most prestigious military academy — has never accepted a Crow into its ranks. Until now. However, the conditions surrounding Scra's acceptance are shrouded in conspiracy, and his new roommate Ky won't rest until he finds out just where he goes every night. Between flight tests, classes and murders, Scra, Ky and Ree must band together to uncover the truth about their utopia and the whispers of a superweapon — "The Croaking" — that are seeping from the cracks.

CUPID’S ARROWS VOL 1

Story/Art/Cover: Thom Zahler | Rocketship Entertainment | $19.99

From creator Thom Zahler comes his latest Rom Com, Cupid's Arrows. When Rick and Lora say they've been colleagues for a long time, they mean it. For over 200 years, these partners have roamed the mortal world as real-life cupids, magic-wielding foot soldiers on the battlefront of love. Now it's the 21st century, and Rick and Lora are facing their most challenging case ever: bringing together a Type-A, career-driven woman and a former football player-cum-barista who couldn't be more different. The pair is perfect for each other (even if they don't know it yet) so the cupids will have to make sure their love arrows land, and do it all while they face their own unrequited feelings for one another. Will love win the day?

DARBI VOL 1 GN

Story/Art/Cover: Sherard Jackson | Rocketship Entertainment | $24.99

Sherard Jackson's hilarious and ultraviolent webcomic Darbi features the misadventures of a bloodthirsty baby T-Rex and his family as they fight for survival in a savage land. In the first arc, "Everything Hates You," Darbi fights off pteranodons, or as Darbi likes to call them, "posers," so that he can make it home to find his family. Darbi's second arc, "Blooded," dives into his origin story. Readers will meet Darbi's adopted family for the first time and we learn how he got his scars (both real and metaphorical). Finally, in "Cretaceous Boogaloo," Darbi and Pete must escape capture from the "Bangers" (Dakotaraptors), who have our heroes hostage as a part of their mating ritual.

DUNGEON TWILIGHT VOLS 1-2: DRAGON CEMETERY

LONESOME VOL 2: RUFFIANS GN

MICKEY MOUSE ZOMBIE COFFEE HC

Story/Art: Régis Loisel | Fantagraphics | $24.99

Award-winning French cartoonist/Disney animator Régis Loisel presents an amazing brand-new Mickey adventure — set in Mickey's classic 1930s golden age!

Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow go camping to forget the Great Depression. But when they return to Mouseton, they find shady real estate developer Rock Fuller destroying it to build a golf course … with the help of an army of "zombies," transformed from normal citizens with a magic drink! What does Mickey's old enemy Pegleg Pete have to do with this evil scheme … and can Mickey trip it up?

Famed French cartoonist Régis Loisel won the Angouleme International Comics Festival's Grand Prize in 2006, and has been nominated in other years for numerous projects. Loisel has also worked as a Disney animator and was thrilled to produce this stellar tribute!

Zombie Coffee is told in the daily comic strip serial style of Disney legend Floyd Gottfredson's beloved early Mickey adventures — packed with action, laughs and magnificent details that explode off the pages! This deluxe edition is a landscape-formatted hardcover that comes in a portrait-formatted slipcase — and so the buyer can shelve it vertically but read it in its full cinemascope-style glory!

MUTATION VOL 2 EPISODE 2 GN

RUNAWAYS DIARY GN

Story: James Patterson | Art: Emily Raymond, Valeria Wicker | Jimmy Patterson | $17.99

I'm running away. Not to a place-to a person. Eleanor is happiest when she's left alone to dream up elaborate stories. Sam is polished, fun, and popular. Still, the sisters have always been there for each other — until everything changed.  Now Sam is somewhere in Seattle, and Eleanor runs after her. Nothing is easy in the big, unforgiving city. As Eleanor faces new setbacks, she also makes new friends and tells new stories. Eleanor can rewrite her life in so many ways ... but can she make a happy ending her reality?

SECRETS OF CAMP WHATEVER VOL 2: DOORS TO NOWHERE TPB

SHOW ME HISTORY: COURAGEOUS BOXED SET GN

THE PASS GN

Story/Art/Cover: Espe | Graphic Mundi-PSU Press | $21.95

This engaging follow up to Espé's critically acclaimed The Parakeet tells the story of Bastien and his wife, Camille, as they deal with every parent's biggest fear: that they could lose their child.

WE ONLY FIND THEM WHEN THEY’RE DEAD VOL 2 TPB

MORE MANGA
ABANDONED EMPRESS VOL 2 GN

ASCENDANCE OF A BOOKWORM PART 2 VOL 3 GN

BLACK BUTLER VOL 31 GN

DISNEY MANGA DONALD DUCK VISITS JAPAN

TokyoPop | $12.99

Donald Duck works for the American furniture business "Duck Furnishings." It's been two months since he and his employees, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, were reassigned to the Asian Culture and Distribution Department, and the phone hasn't rung even once. Just as they're starting to wonder why they were transferred in the first place, the CEO suddenly orders them to travel to Japan! The three caballeros must learn all they can about Japanese customs, entertainment, culture, food and clothing before they return to New York city. Assuming they don't get into too much trouble first!

• Is there any publisher who DOESN'T publish Disney?

DUKE OF DEATH & HIS MAID VOL 1 GN

Story/Art/Cover: Koharu Inoue | Seven Seas | $12.99

The manga that inspired the upcoming anime! A gothic rom-com between a cursed duke and his flirty maid! When the duke was a young boy, a witch made it so that any living thing he touched died. Unable to cope with such a cursed child, his family sent him away to live in an old mansion. Now a young man, his only companions are an elderly butler and his childhood friend, a buxom, blonde maid named Alice. Despite the fact that touching the duke means instant death, Alice is constantly teasing him, getting close and flirting mercilessly. But even though Alice loves to make the duke blush, her affection for him is the real deal. Can the two figure out a way to break the witch's spell?

HERO OVERPOWERED BUT OVERLY CAUTIOUS VOL 4 GN

HITOMI CHAN IS SHY WITH STRANGERS VOL 4 GN

HOLY GRAIL ERIS VOL 1 GN

Story: Kujira Tokiwa | Art: Hinase Momoyama, Yuunagi | Yen Press | $13.00

Connie is a viscount's daughter with little notable attributes besides her sincerity, so when she's suddenly framed for a crime she didn't commit, it seems like the end of the line for her — until the ghost of Scarlet Castiel, an infamous villainess who was executed 10 years ago, swoops in and clears her name. In exchange, Connie resolves to solve the mystery behind Scarlet's untimely death ... and in the process, uncovers a conspiracy that still haunts the present! 

I AM NOT A SUCCUBUS VOL 1

Story/Art: Horitomo | Ghost Ship | Mature | $13.99

A sexy yuri tale about a girl who wants to fit in at an all-monster, all-girls high school! Adjusting to a new school is always rough, and that goes double for Sakura, a shy girl attending a monster girl academy! Her new classmates include a kiss-curious harpy, a sarcastic lamia, a cyclops with an eye for Sakura and a plain-spoken centaur. Eager to blend in, Sakura declares herself a succubus! But can she keep up the ruse while fending off the touchy hands, claws and scaled coils of her new friends? It's going to be a long, hot school year!

I’M THE CATLORD’S MANSERVANT VOL 3 GN

JK HARU IS A SEX WORKER IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 3 GN

LADY MURASAKI’S TALE OF GENJI MANGA EDITION

Story: Sean Michael Wilson | Art:  Inko Ai Takita | Tuttle Publishing | $14.99

Tale of Genji tells the story of Prince Genji, the passionate heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne. Handsome, romantic and talented in the art of seduction, Prince Genji skillfully navigates the court and all its intrigues — always in search of love and often finding it. His story is the oldest and most famous tale of romance in the annals of Japanese literature and, as a representation of passion and romance, remains beyond compare. Lady Murasaki Shikibu wrote this story some 500 years before Shakespeare put pen to paper. It is acknowledged to be the world's very first novel, and English-speaking readers can now experience the story in manga style for the first time.

• This sounds famous. Is this famous?

MACHIMAHO MADE WRONG PERSON MAGICAL GIRL VOL 10 GN

MAGIA RECORD PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA VOL 4 GN

MARGINAL OPERATION VOL 10 GN

MARS RED VOL 3 GN

MONSTER GUILD DARK LORDS’ NO GOOD COMEBACK VOL 3 GN

NPC IN THE VILLAGE SIM GAME MUST BE REAL VOL 3 GN

QUINTESSENTIAL QUINTUPLETS BOX SET SEASON

REIGN OF THE SEVEN SPELLBLADES VOL 3 GN

REZERO FROZEN BOND VOL 1 GN

Story: Tappei Nagatsuki | Art: Minori Tsukahara, Shinichirou Otsuka | Yen Press | $13.00

Based on a Re:ZERO short story by the original author, this manga offers a glimpse into the world of the half-elf Emilia and her spirit companion Puck before they first encountered Subaru Natsuki!

SERVAMP VOL 16 GN

SLOW LIFE IN ANOTHER WORLD I WISH VOL 3 GN

SO I’M A SPIDER SO WHAT KUMOKO SISTERS VOL 3 GN

SUCCUBUS AND HITMAN VOL 2 GN

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLS 1-6

After tragedy strikes the life of a young man named Shinpei, called back to his hometown on the remote island of Higotoshima, But something sinister awaits him on the island, and a chilling sequence of events unfolds that will have dire consequences for Shinpei, for Japan and for the entire world!

Summertime Rendering was originally published digitally on Shueisha’s digital magazine Shonen Jump+ and on the website Manga Plus from 2017-2021. UDON Entertainment’s print edition will utilize a new English-language translation by Jocelyne Allen and new lettering and new lettering by Janice Leung, Phil Christie, and Jeannie Lee.

It was recently announced that Summertime Rendering will receive an anime adaptation directed by Ayumi Watanabe (Space Brothers), and series organized by Hiroshi Seko (Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan). The adaptation is scheduled to stream on Disney+ and other distribution platforms operated by Disney beginning in April 2022.

“This will be the first Shonen Jump manga that UDON has published. I am very excited to work with Shueisha on this collaboration,” said UDON Entertainment Chief of Operations Erik Ko. “Summertime Rendering is one of the most engaging manga I have ever read, and I am honored to have the opportunity to bring this amazing story by Tanaka-sensei to English audiences!”

The title will debut in close proximity to the anime adaptation, scheduled for release in April 2022.

“We wanted to do something that had never been done in manga before,” said UDON Chief of Operations Erik Ko. “I love the story of Summertime Rendering, Tanaka-sensei has created such a compelling and unique mystery. With every chapter I finished I immediately wanted to start the next one! We think fans will feel the same way, and we hope this unique publishing plan will make fans, readers, and collectors very happy.”

Get ready for one of the most ambitious and unique manga release schedules in history!

Summertime Rendering will be released as six omnibus editions, collecting the original 13 volumes of the Japanese edition. The six U.S. editions will contain all of the material from the Japanese editions, including author notes, color pages, and bonus material!

Also:

• Summertime Rendering will receive both hardcover and softcover releases.
  • The first half of the Summertime Rendering story will be published simultaneously, with volumes 1-3 releasing in hardcover in May 2022.
  • The second half of the complete Summertime Rendering story will be published simultaneously as well, with volumes 4-6 releasing in hardcover in July 2022.
  • The softcover editions of Summertime Rendering will release monthly, beginning with volume 1 in May 2022. The series will conclude in softcover in August 2022. 
  • UDON's edition of Summertime Rendering features a new translation and localization, and new lettering too!

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLUME 1 HC

Story/Art: Yasuki Tanaka | UDON | 352 pages | $24.99

Hearing the news of the passing of his childhood friend Ushio, Shinpei returned to his hometown on the remote island of Hitogashima to attend her funeral. Little does he know that it is the beginning of a summer full of mystery and horror! No one is prepared for the time-twisting adventures ahead that defy life and death!

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLUME 2 HC

Story/Art: Yasuki Tanaka | UDON | 376 pages | $24.99

After the tragedy at the Summer Festival, Shinpei ... must locate Ryunosuke Nagumo. Who is this mysterious lady that could be the key to defeating the Shadows?

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLUME 3 HC

Story/Art: Yasuki Tanaka | UDON | 408 pages | $24.99

Unlocking Ushio’s message, Shinpei and the others learned about the secrets hiding in the old ward of Sou’s family clinic. Exploring the Hishigata Clinic site, they encounter Sou’s sister Tokiko! Is she a friend or an enemy? A vicious battle with the Shadows is about to start…

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLUME 4 HC

Story/Art: Yasuki Tanaka | UDON | 408 pages | $24.99

Barely escaping the deadly battle with Heine and Shide, Shinpei is thrown into the loop with the help of Nagumo! The mystery of Hitogashima Island will finally be revealed! But someone in the dark is watching….

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLUME 5 HC

Story/Art: Yasuki Tanaka | UDON | 432 pages | $24.99

Shinpei and the gang rushed to save Sou’s father and discovered the true identity of [!] and her evil associate. Meanwhile, Nagumo must go all out to defeat the enemy, even if it means she must sacrifice everything she got…!

SUMMERTIME RENDERING VOLUME 6 HC

Story/Art: Yasuki Tanaka | UDON | 496 pages | $29.99

Shinpei is running out of time, and he must reunite with everyone to prevent [!] from carrying out his destructive plan! The conclusion to the epic mystery is finally here!

• I've asked to review this, but have not heard back.
  • I just want to find out if the blonde has any other clothes than the blue one-piece!

SUNDOME MILKY WAY VOL 4 GN

SYRUP YURI ANTHOLOGY VOL 4 GN

UZAKI CHAN WANTS TO HANG OUT VOL 7 GN

WITCHES OF ADAMAS VOL 2 GN

YOWAMUSHI PEDAL VOL 20 GN

YOUNG READERS

I CAN READ COMICS: BABY SHARKS BIG SHOW HIDE & HUNT GN

I CAN READ COMICS: FISH AND WAVE GN

LOUD HOUSE 3-IN-1 VOL 5 GN

PHOEBE & HER UNICORN GN VOL 15 UNICORN SELFIES

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Any recommendations, Legionnaires?"

I dunno... stay away?

JUSTICE LEAGUE: ROAD TO DARK CRISIS ONE-SHOT: Cover blurb: "It all. Starts. Here." Waitaminute... I thought it all started in Justice League #75? Or was it FCBD Dark Crisis Special Edition? Or maybe Dark Crisis #1?

CAPTAIN ACTION CLASSIC COLLECTION HC: This one was solicited for May 18. Two weeks late? I'll take it. Oh, it's being published by IDW; that explains it. If it were DC, we'd be waiting another six months before it was either resolicited or cancelled altogether. I am very much looking forward to this one. 

THE PHALANX ONE-SHOT: "I'm so honored that Image is publishing The Phalanx, as it's inspired by the series that launched the company in 1992," said Luna.

"Yes, that's an homage to WildC.A.T.S.: Covert Action Teams #1 (1992)."

Yes it is, but the "series that launched the company" was Youngblood.

LUKE CAGE OMNIBUS HC

"If you already have Marvel Masterworks: Luke Cage Vols 1-2, you're gonna be mad."

You're right: I do, I am. Not going to dupe the MMW with the omni, though; I'll just wait for MMW v3.

• Wait -- I thought Binary was Carol Danvers.

10523567100?profile=RESIZE_710x

"She was, but not anymore!"

This sounds famous. Is this famous?

Yes, The Tale of Genji, and it is, as noted in the blurb, considered by many to be the world's first novel, or at least, the first modern novel, and how that is defined would get into the kind of English major flame wars that I tend to avoid.

As for me, I have read it in English translation.  (I gather that the original was written in an archaic language that even a modern day Japanese would have trouble following.) I'm glad I read it, but it's a 1,090 pages long, and can be a bitch to  follow, even if you have a passing familiarity with Heian Era Japan.

• Wait -- I thought Binary was Carol Danvers.

Can you say “trademark protection?”

MARVEL JUNE 1962 OMNIBUS HC

looking at Mike’s Amazing World, this is the on-sale month not the cover dates. I like that they are using Ditko’s AF #15 cover.

I honestly had no idea that Spider-Man, Thor and Ant-Man all debuted in the same month. Same year, yeah, but same month? 

Of the Marvel comics on sale in June 1962, I only bought FF #6, the team-up of Doctor Doom and the Sub-Mariner. In April I had bought FF #5, the debut of Doom, which was my first FF. The cover of FF #5 was more impressive than the cover of FF #4. Who was this guy in swim trunks carrying a woman in blue?

The Marvels were all, I think, bi-monthly then. We didn’t know they were Marvel Comics. They did have this tiny “MC” on the covers. 10523714674?profile=RESIZE_710x

I’m not sure, but I may have passed up Amazing Fantasy #15. I had been buying Amazing Adult Fantasy issues before that and was unhappy that they were turning it into a superhero book.

As for DC, I had pretty much stopped buying the Superman and Batman books, but I did buy Batman Annual #3. I was already buying Justice League, Flash and Green Lantern at that point.

GRIMM SPOTLIGHT ZODIAC ONE-SHOT

“Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot. I will dress as the one thing they fear most: The Unattainable Hot Chick! Of course, I will terrorize all other insecure males as well. But it can’t be helped!”     

LVnpEHj.gif

#BLESSED VOL 1 GN

Joanna is a mid-20s office girl who likes social media and watered down coffee.

Obviously a horror comic. Watered down coffee? Yecch!

BIKINI ATOLL HC

Astoundingly, Bikini does attract visitors, despite being too radioactive for ongoing inhabitation. The last people to live there accrued dangerous levels of Cesium-137, and the groundwater has too much Strontium-90 to drink. Only a few caretakers live there, and I imagine they import their food and water and rotate out when their dosimeters get too high.

…..and they named the swimsuit after it because, ya know, atomic bombs were the latest cool thing.

MICKEY MOUSE ZOMBIE COFFEE HC

I won’t be getting this, but it sounds like fun. As little as Disney has used Mickey in stories over the years, it amazes me that little kids care about him at all

I AM NOT A SUCCUBUS VOL 1

Why would a succubus lie?

• This is the third one of these miniseries. It's never looked interesting to me, and it's based on a video game (second strike), but if it's selling that well, maybe I should give it a look. Any recommendations, Legionnaires?

I read one of the mini-series, Trauma Team, and it was pretty good. Especially, as far as video game adaptations go. It was a fun little series, and 4 issues wasn't much of an investment.

This reply was deleted.