Over the years here at the Comics Cave there have been a large number of re-reading threads.  Several different Legionnaires have tackled various series, across the ages:  Golden, Silver, Bronze, modern, and current.  Many fine discussions, and links can be found here:

http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum/topics/book-gn-and-collections-...

For myself, I'm currently doing four threads, all set in the Silver Age: Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Thor.  I have a pretty full plate but that doesn't stop me from thinking of doing other threads in the future.  However, I'm not pleased with my own pace and at this time doing additional threads is simply not going to happen (check back in a few years).  But certainly Legionnaires like Randy Jackson, Richard Mantle, The Baron, Philip Portelli, Jeff of Earth-J, Chris Fluit (just to name a few) and many more have started many great re-reading threads.  I would like to encourage these fine folks - and indeed all members of this board, even if you haven't ever started such a thread before - to consider beginning new discussions.  Since Silver Age Marvel threads are what's in my wheelhouse at the moment, I'm going to share my thoughts on threads we haven't had yet .... but hopefully may see in the future.

Views: 922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be happy to field the first volume. I just re-read it yesterday, actually!

Randy Jackson said:

It seems as if there's a fair amount of interest. Given that, it might not be a bad idea to turn it into a group led reading project, rather than one being led by a single person. I'd be more than happy to contribute, but I don't want to take it all on myself.

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

Woohooo! Did I make a decent suggestion?

Do it!

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

I would be happy to field the first volume. I just re-read it yesterday, actually!

Looking forward to the Astro City reread.

I just started a “Search for Mera” discussion which I anticipate will run through April 6. Incidentally, I don’t know if everyone here necessarily reads the “What Comics Have You Read Today?” discussion, but I have been posting series discussions (such as Alan Moore Swamp Thing and sundy Legion of Super-Heroes) there recently rather than giving them threads of their own.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service