This year’s Autumn Revelry promises to be something special. A blue harvest moon will rise, allowing the fairies to use a precious moonstone to restore the Pixie Dust Tree — the source of all their magic. But when Tinker Bell accidently puts all of Pixie Hollow in jeopardy, she must venture out across the sea on a secret quest to set things right. With some help from her friend Terrance — and a charming, rascally firefly named Blaze —Tink braves an astonishing new world and discovers the greatest treasure of all.

It’s a pretty standard “quest” plot with the requisite number of pitfalls and setbacks along the way, but the young (and the young at heart) will enjoy its action and themes. Anyone who liked last year’s Tinker Bell movie (and can get past the homicidal nature she displays toward Wendy in Peter Pan) should like this movie. I guess that’s it until Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue this time next year!

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or Linc

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I can rarely see images posted to this site from work. Consequently, it's taken me a while it "get" the refernece to "Tinkerbelle, Terrance and Blaze" (Oh, my!), although I could have almost guessed. I don't know if Tink is distantly related to Link or not, but the image of her from J, Scott Cambell's Fairytale Fantasies 2010 calendar (as advertised in recent IDW titles (such as inside the back cover of Jon Sable Freelance: Ashes of Eden #2) bears a strong resemblance.

Ana, I wanted to tell you that I did buy the Gail Carson Levive Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg audion CD for Tracy and she liked it very much. She had previously read the book and it's on of her favorites. I recently bought some Doctor Who audio adventures, and now that I've listened to those, next week we'll switch. The audio CD has insired Tracy to re-read all of the fairy stories in the series, and I'm helping Tracy reconcile the differences (such as "Fairy Haven" vs. "Fairy Hollow" and the contradictory origin stories of Mother Dove and Fairy dust) between the early and later offerings in the series.
ha...sounds like a good project for the two of you. =)
Ana, have you and the girls read any of the "Peter Pan" prequel novels by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson? I haven't myself, but Tracy recommends them highly. They should be just about right for Arwen to read by herself, and Tracy is just beginning to read a series of "Neverland" books by the same team for younger readers which Zanneke might enjoy.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Jeff of Earth-J said:
Ana, have you and the girls read any of the "Peter Pan" prequel novels by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson? I haven't myself, but Tracy recommends them highly. They should be just about right for Arwen to read by herself, and Tracy is just beginning to read a series of "Neverland" books by the same team for younger readers which Zanneke might enjoy.
I've had my eye on / been curious about those for a while myself, actually.

(Apropos of little, the other "Peter Pan" prequel novel — Capt. Hook: The Adventures of a Notorious Youth by J. V. Hart (screenwriter of Hook) — was a little disappointing, so I'd be interested in a Pan prequel that wasn't.)

Anyone read Peter David's Peter Pan-ish novel Tigerheart? It's sitting on my to-read shelf...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service