You know the drill.

Views: 9594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I got them both...and when I realized that it had no description and I didn't ask for it, I deleted them quickly.

David Warren said:

I got one from Jim Olson

This close....

Sarah Silverman on Voter ID.  Her language is decidedly NSFW.  Funny lady though.

Wandering Sensei said:

One decidedly liberated and well-read female student said, "Mr. Carter, my hands are not grabby. They are purposeful."

Wait 'til her prom date tries that line on her.

"Zombees"

Not the poor bees.  Just the word.  Fantastic word.

Yesterday was my nephew's 4th birthday and I got him the Marvel SuperHero Squad Avengers Quinjet with Captain America and Iron Man, Spider-Man & his Roll Car, a Thor/Hulk two-pack, Playskool's Joker's Tank and Green Lantern Planet Oa playset with Hal Jordan, Kilowogg and Ch'p!!!

My sister-in-law was not amused but hey, I'm the evil uncle!

No, you are the cool uncle.

I love having a niece, but I really wish I had a nephew!

Philip Portelli said:

Yesterday was my nephew's 4th birthday and I got him the Marvel SuperHero Squad Avengers Quinjet with Captain America and Iron Man, Spider-Man & his Roll Car, a Thor/Hulk two-pack, Playskool's Joker's Tank and Green Lantern Planet Oa playset with Hal Jordan, Kilowogg and Ch'p!!!

My sister-in-law was not amused but hey, I'm the evil uncle!

Wandering Sensei said:

I love having a niece, but I really wish I had a nephew!

Dear Uncle Jeff:

Just a reminder that Action Lad's birthday is coming up soon. I'm just sayin' ...

Darin

Dude, my daughters have always played with superhero figures.  Don't sell your niece short!

Yeah, but your daughters are based on Triplicate Girl, so what do you expect?

True.  Rose has always been into superheroes...Batman and Green Lantern being her favorites.  She wears shirts with the emblems, draws them, reads comics with them. 

Julia likes the superhero movies like Avengers, but REALLY liked Batman:The Brave & The Bold. 

Anne was an early Spider-Man fan.  When she began kindergarten, she chose a Spidey backpack.  A few weeks into school, she said that she wanted a different one.  I asked why and she wouldn't say.  One of her sisters finally told me that some boy made fun of her because she had a "boy" backpack.  We got her a different one and things went fine. 

She started fourth grade this year.  We buy backpacks every two years or so and this autumn was a buy-a-new-backback one.  After looking over all of the choices at the local Target, she decided on one with Spider-Man and some of the Avengers on it.  I asked her what she would do if some kid told her this time that she had a "boy" one.  She looked at me and said, "Girls and boys can like whatever they want.  It shouldn't matter.".  She's been in school for almost two months now and Spidey is still going strong.  I like to think that the books, cartoons, and movies about superheroes helped her to get to this point. 

One last thing...if your niece likes superheroes, Fisher-Price has a full range of Little People JLA figures...male and female characters.  You can even buy Wonder Woman with her Invisible Jet.  If you're near a Target or Meijer, both carry a very nice DC Superheroes Storybook featuring the big three and their villains for around $10. 

And check out these early reader books featuring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman...they are very cool:

http://www.amazon.com/Ralph-Cosentino/e/B001H6U2F4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_...

My niece is 9 and is into Monster High and Pokemon (guess who hooked her on the latter??) but she knows the heroes. My nephew likes the vehicles a lot and my one regret is that I haven't found a Superman compatible with his other figures....yet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service