Trying to narrow down my top 10 favorite genre moments for 2017.

Sure, there are easy ones: Wonder Woman in No Man's Land. "Crisis on Earth-X." The Carl reveal in The Walking Dead. I suppose Disney buying Fox, although that happened in the real world.

So help me out, gang: What were your favorite stories or moments or movies or whatever for 2017? (I can always change focus.)

At the movies we had Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Logan, Thor: Ragnarok, Blade Runner 2049, Justice League, The Last Jedi, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Kong: Skull Island, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Atomic Blonde, Valerian, Dark Tower, Ghost in the Shell, Aliens Covenant, War for the Planet of the Apes, Pirates 5 and The Mummy.

On TV we had the premieres/first seasons of Riverdale, Legion, The Gifted, American Gods, Runaways, Defenders, The Punisher, Happy! and Inhumans. Continuing were Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, Lucifer, Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl and, of course, that great crossover.

In comics I don't remember that much I really liked. The new origin of the DC Universe we got in Dark Knights: Metal #4? Batman proposing to Catwoman? Is Marvel Legacy worth a mention? The death of Rick Jones in Secret Empire?

That's what I've got on my list so far. What have I forgotten? What were your favorites? Sound off, Legionnaires!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd have to go with the Batman/Catwoman proposal. From what I've seen, it seems like Tom King is committed to making it stick around for awhile at least.

I have it on my to-watch list to view the CW crossover that everyone's talking about, even though I've never been a viewer of any of those shows.

And for the record, I just love all of the Marvel movies. Thor Ragnarok, Spider-Man Homecoming, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 were personal highlights of the year for me.

• I'd go with the Batman/Catwoman engagement too. It's a huge moment, and the fact that it's being handled so well speaks well of King, Janin, Finch, Jones, and the entire Batman team. 

Also, Luke's final standoff in Last Jedi was an incredible moment, with plenty of drama, and art design to match!

Batman / Elmer Fudd was an incredible book -- a heartfelt story  born out of an event meant to be silly fun. 

Silver Surfer's final years with Dawn, playing out in the last few issues of the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer comic. What a sweet tear-jerker.

• Column written and posted. Let me know what your choices were!

This reply was deleted.