Warner Bros has released the first image of Adrianne Palicki in her WW costume for the TV show:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/129048-first-look-at-adr...

I actually think she looks pretty good, except for two things:

1. Her boots should be red, to offset her pants, not the same color.

2. Stars.

The comments are definitely running negative, and I'm not sure how those pants will really look in action, but I understand why they don't want her in a bathing suit.

It's by David Kelley, which means it has a lot of potential for being fun or being awful. I doubt it will be somewhere in between.

I've got my fingers crossed that it will be watchable. A lot of that will depend on the supporting cast and villains. The last thing DC (or I) want is a WW that disappears quickly.

-- MSA

Views: 989

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...As I said this in passing...Is a (presumably) series pick-up , presumably for six episodes minimum or so , definite ????????? Or , just a TV movie ???????????
They're shooting the pilot now. Presumably, a decision to pick it up as a series will happen after the pilot is complete and shown to the network execs. It's possible that the pilot itself won't even get aired. (Unlikely, I think, considering how much publicity it's generating, but possible.)

In fact, there's a 2-minute video on this page, taken by someone watching them film, plus a bunch more photos from the shoot. She looks less like she's in high school in these.

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/03/30/new-wonder-woman-tv-series...

-- MSA

I have good information stating that the CIA does in fact have someone in the cast and/or crew of the WW Pilot. Allegedly, the blue boots from the originally shown costume for the show were an Al-Qaida plot.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

Apparently, WW will be getting her star-spangled drawers after all. They don't indicate which will be the default costume--or show the shorts yet. Inquiring minds need to know!

http://blastr.com/2011/04/new-wonder-woman-will-wea.php

-- MSA

....Somehow I missed this TV movie all together!   I only now found out about it thru reading the past posts on this forum!   From reading all of the posts....I believe that no one commented on seeing the actual TV movie!   So did this movie actually air on TV?  .....Usually if the critics say that it is not very good....then I really want to see it!!    And usually I really like it!!    But then I am easy to please!   Going back to my childhood...I really liked the Batman Adam West TV series which was campy and lighthearted!   And I still like it today.....In more recent times....I liked Smallville which had lighthearted as well as some very serious episodes such as the one which Jonathan (Pa) Kent died and the funeral episode!!   I have not been able to track down and watch this Wonder Woman TV movie yet....so it is hard to comment on only seeing around 5 movie stills!  Once I see this movie I will make some comments!  As far as looking the part....this TV movie Wonder Woman looked like she was into the part....the costume was good looking too!

The Wonder Woman pilot never aired. Not sure if it was even ever completed. Clips are available online, though.

I think I saw it listed as playing on late night TV here in Australia. I didn't try to catch it.

It was completed, as a few reviewers saw it, but ABC didn't pick it up, and it seems to have vanished. Maybe it'll show up some day in those Lost Pilot shows they sometimes do in the summer. I have to think there'd be interest in seeing it, especially with the attention given to the new one. But that may be why Warners never lets anyone see it.

Ironically enough, Adrianne Palicki appeared in a Smallville episode and in an Aquaman pilot that wasn't picked up, so she had three tries at DC. Then she spent last year being Bobbi Morse on SHIELD (with lighter hair). So she finally found her spot in a comics show.

-- MSA

I guess we can say that Wonder Woman has had four tv tries and one of them worked.  The Batman 66 style that never sold, the Cathy Lee Crosby one that was ok, the Lynda Carter one that succeeded and now this one that few will ever see.  1 out of three isn't that bad.

......SPOILER ALERTS.....Through luck...I was able to find a copy on ebay!   I thought that the tv pilot was pretty good!  The opening scene has Wonder Woman running thru the streets in the city after a criminal. She lassoses the criminal and reels him in like a fish.  Wonder Woman in this version has episodes of being violent and it is not beneath her to bang up, crush fingers, torture and roughen the criminal up. She is also the CEO of her corporation which mainly markets her action figures and other items to finance her Wonder Woman Ventures. Thru flash backs she previously broke up with her boyfriend ...Steve Trevor.    In the closing scene....WW took out a lot of super enhanced men (the super enhancement was through a drug)...and by taking out I mean that she severely wounded and killed some of her adversaries!  So she has no problems with killing if it is necessary. She also had a secret identity so she could go home to her cat and relax!   In the final scenes...Steve Trevor shows back up....he is representing the Government Task Force...which is investigating WW's vilolence ....of course...Steve is on the side of WW and he clears her of all charges!   She also uses a small jet to get around that can land in small places!    Overall it was a good tv pilot....it is sad that it was not picked up as a weekly tv show!

....Somehow I missed this TV movie all together!   I only now found out about it thru reading the past posts on this forum!   From reading all of the posts....I believe that no one commented on seeing the actual TV movie!   So did this movie actually air on TV?  .....Usually if the critics say that it is not very good....then I really want to see it!!    And usually I really like it!!    But then I am easy to please!   Going back to my childhood...I really liked the Batman Adam West TV series which was campy and lighthearted!   And I still like it today.....In more recent times....I liked Smallville which had lighthearted as well as some very serious episodes such as the one which Jonathan (Pa) Kent died and the funeral episode!!   I have not been able to track down and watch this Wonder Woman TV movie yet....so it is hard to comment on only seeing around 5 movie stills!  Once I see this movie I will make some comments!  As far as looking the part....this TV movie Wonder Woman looked like she was into the part....the costume was good looking too!

The violence might be a bit much for TV, but if she repents of her ways by the end, it sounds fairly good. I didn't think the costume was bad (although some people did), and I've seen her on SHIELD all this past year and thought she was pretty good. So yeah, I'm sorry we didn't at least get to see the pilot if not the show. I wonder why they disliked it so much after it got so much publicity?

-- MSA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service