Warner Bros has released the first image of Adrianne Palicki in her WW costume for the TV show:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/129048-first-look-at-adr...

I actually think she looks pretty good, except for two things:

1. Her boots should be red, to offset her pants, not the same color.

2. Stars.

The comments are definitely running negative, and I'm not sure how those pants will really look in action, but I understand why they don't want her in a bathing suit.

It's by David Kelley, which means it has a lot of potential for being fun or being awful. I doubt it will be somewhere in between.

I've got my fingers crossed that it will be watchable. A lot of that will depend on the supporting cast and villains. The last thing DC (or I) want is a WW that disappears quickly.

-- MSA

Views: 989

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who disliked it??  If you meant the fans there is alo a long history of that!   I mean making judgements without even seeing the film first!  I remember on the first Batman movie that  there was a lot of fan derision over Micheal Keaton being chosen for Batman!  One of the complaints was that they did not want Mr. Mom being Batman!  Years later...I think that Michael Keaton was one of the best or was the best Batman.  Another example was Star Trek III....when it was leaked that Mr. Spock was going to die....there was so much protest that some fans advocated boycotting the film!   Thank Goodness that did not happen!  I try to make judgements after I have actually seen the film....these days there is so much mis-information on the net that it can be easy to follow suit on something that is not even true!

Mr. Silver Age said:

The violence might be a bit much for TV, but if she repents of her ways by the end, it sounds fairly good. I didn't think the costume was bad (although some people did), and I've seen her on SHIELD all this past year and thought she was pretty good. So yeah, I'm sorry we didn't at least get to see the pilot if not the show. I wonder why they disliked it so much after it got so much publicity?

-- MSA

...Yea....it was probably the violence that got the plug pulled on this tv pilot!  Not sure on how much of the audience is kids!?    But I assume that that it is high!  Mom may not be pleased!

Mr. Silver Age said: that 

The violence might be a bit much for TV, but if she repents of her ways by the end, it sounds fairly good. I didn't think the costume was bad (although some people did), and I've seen her on SHIELD all this past year and thought she was pretty good. So yeah, I'm sorry we didn't at least get to see the pilot if not the show. I wonder why they disliked it so much after it got so much publicity?

-- MSA

What I saw was a maniac lassoing people by the neck then tossing them around, which in real life would break their necks. Didn't see it but I read she also tortured someone for information. Didn't the lasso make people tell the truth, or did she just enjoy torturing people? One of the animated movies had Superman calling her out for encouraging women to kill their enemies. When did Diana become so bloodthirsty?

...The pilot script as read here is a far cry from what was actually produced!   A lot of the cheesy stuff was taken out!  WW in the actual pilot was depicted as more serious and more violent!  As she said herself she does not work for any police force or government agency so she can do what she pleases!  There was no scene in the pilot where she had to testify before Congress!  In the pilot...there is a Government Task Force Senator who takes Diana out for dinner and tries to intimidate and threaten her which does not work!  In the final scenes the Government Task Force sends Steve Trevor to remedy the situation!  Of course....he is on the side of WW and all actions and charges are dropped!  Actually I thought that this film was good!  The costume looked good! The actress did a good job too!  I thought that the script was well written!   

Don Collett said:

Pilot script leak...sounds lame to me, but YMMV.  Read about it here.

When did Diana become so bloodthirsty?

At least since 2005, when as part of the Infinite Crisis event, she stopped Maxwell Lord by snapping his neck. There was a big brouhaha over that, but creators seemed to like the notion that she was a warrior woman, as an Amazon might be. She's been carrying a sword and shield a lot since then.

If nothing else, it actually gave her a distinct personality different from the other heroes that fit into superhero comics. The previous favorite personality, Perez's version, made her a compassionate advocate for downtrodden women, which only goes so far when you're fighting Starro to save the universe.

-- MSA

Hope this is not off-topic but I'm a big fan of Bowie and you may not know this but Angie Bowie (his wife at the time) originally auditioned for the part of Wonder Woman, before Lynda Carter got it, back in '74. Angie never got the part of course, and it turned out, after her audition, that management had already chosen Lynda, but were going through the motions to satisfy the unions (Which particular unions I haven't a clue).  

However the point is that Angie had a designer friend (Natasha Korniloff) design a costume for her, which she modelled at the audition,and which eventually became the embryo for the design of Lynda Carter's costume. 

The audition enabled Angie to appear as a guest on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show (ostensibly to promote her potential new role) where she appeared alongside Dinah Shore and Joan Rivers.

That's about as on-topic as anything else in this thread. I wasn't aware of that fact, let alone that there were photos of her available. 

I wasn't ever a big WW TV-show fan, so the appeal of all its bits of business are lost on me. But Lynda Carter has a lot of fans out there due to that show (and she'll be on Supergirl this season as the president). I'd say both of their careers would be radically different if the producers had been swayed by her tryout.

-- MSA

Adding to the discussion:

I think this version of the costume would have worked. 

Hoy

And here's Diana Prince in a slightly more contemplative mood.

That's the amazing thing I've found: Ann-Margret adds to any conversation around here. 

AM in that costume would have made a great WW. I'm pretty sure I would've watched that show.

-- MSA

It would have lasted one episode before the TV censors got it. Definitely would have to be a movie.

I just ordered a copy of the pilot on DVD for just over $8. Looking forward to seeing it. I've enjoyed her playing Mockingbird.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service