Doc Savage, The Batman, The Spirit, Wildcat, The Avenger, Black Canary get own universe

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23294

OK...after reading this, I'm pretty excited...

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wildcat's been fighting crime for eons without guns (or batarangs, thermites, sonic bat callers or shark repellant), and he taught Bruce to box.

Ted could take Bruce any day of the week, and twice on Sunday (whether Bruce is packing or not)...

Batman also shot the Monk and his vampire girlfriend with silver bulllets in Detective Comics#32.

Was surprised at how many ideas Bob Kane and Bill Finger got from the Shadow, including an evil clown, giant props, and the plot for Detective#27.

o...This is obviously a line about that stillborn FIRST WAVE universe .

The mini fell t prey t oexcess lateness , a TPB collected it but , IIRC , did NOT collect a First Wave one-shot/annual that also came  out and Wijipedia did not go into ful details about it ~ What happened with` and IN ~ First Wave anyway ?

Such is modern storytelling that some of the " exotic " differences in FW only were spelled out in the bonus notes ~ Like this Black Canary being a vaguely Indonesian-Polynesian immigrant of rather " ol-country "-ish perents never really got made clear in the stories themselves !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I will have to see That Darn Cat. Coincidentally, I was watching the film noir Down Three Dark…"
8 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If…"
26 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"At the time, it appeared that Roy Thomas was the only writer who acknowledged that Marvel had a…"
49 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"He has an interesting theory that the "Golden Age of Superheroes" coincides with World…"
49 minutes ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"This issue is a lot of running around, getting nowhere. It is building to something better…"
52 minutes ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"It's been a loooooong time since I've seen That Darn Cat, but I do recall that I liked it."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"THAT DARN CAT! (1965): This is one of Tracy's picks. Surprisingly good for a Disney film."
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I'm glad I'm running a bit behind today; I wouldn't have wanted to interrupt the…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #71: This issue is told primarily from the point of view of the man destined to become the…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Baron and Doc Photo Williams are right! Not Johnson??"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'
"In my case, as with most Marvel movies, I'll be receiving a BluRay disk from Amazon early this…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Planet of the Apes
"I might buy it. As far as the adaptations go, POTA and Beneath the POTA are the best. As a general…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service