I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 3456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Savage Tales featuring Matt, Steve, a bonus Steve, and Simon. 

Hoy

Strange Tales featuring Doctor Strange, Doctor Strange and Doctor Strange.

Hoy

Hoy Murphy said:

Hoy

Is it my memory playing tricks, or did DC establish that Balloon Buster Steve Savage was a descendant of Trail Boss Matt Savage?  That was in the period when they appeared to be working on the assumption that no two people ever shared a surname unless they were related.  I don't think they ever added Vandal Savage to that family tree, though.

Anyway, here's another three of a kind based on a shared name.

I didn't catch it right away. The shared name is Hawkeye.

Correct! Natty Bumppo, aka Pathfinder, aka Deerslayer, aka Hawkeye; Captain Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce; and Clinton Francis "Clint" Barton, aka Hawkeye.

Scalphunter was actually Matt Savage's son Brian.

Peter Wrexham said:

Hoy Murphy said:

Hoy

Is it my memory playing tricks, or did DC establish that Balloon Buster Steve Savage was a descendant of Trail Boss Matt Savage?  That was in the period when they appeared to be working on the assumption that no two people ever shared a surname unless they were related.  I don't think they ever added Vandal Savage to that family tree, though.

Anyway, here's another three of a kind based on a shared name.

More "savages"

Let us not forget Ka-Zar the Savage and Shanna the Savage.

For a third (and a fourth), has anyone posted Vandal Savage?

Image result for savage silver surfer

Here's one I'm glad didn't happen.

Hoy

When the Surfer next appeared (in Fantastic Four #155), that abandoned direction was acknowledged but written off with a line of dialogue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service