When a thread gets long enough will it eventually start a new page, or will we have to scroll down for half an hour to get to the new replies? Or is that something that can be set up from the users end or from the moderators end?

Thanks,

Views: 965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you like it? I clicked a link somewhere for threading posts. I thought it would be only for me, but it must have affected the whole thing.
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

(I haven't really decided yet.)

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

To get to "newest" discussions, I used to have to click on the "Forums" Tab, then switch the drop-down box from "Categories" to "Discussions", which then defaulted to "Latest Activity."

In the last couple of days, that's become the default whenever I click on "Forums." (Which is great, because that's what I want.) Did someone change a setting somewhere, or has the New Board developed sentience, learned what I like and is trying to please me?
I noticed that, too. I haven't decided whether I like it or not. I'm kind of leaning toward "catagories" but that may just be inertia talking. I've always been a proponent of reducing the number of fora, but now it's like no catagories (unless one goes through the extra step of sorting them that way) and every thing is lumped together.

The new organization may grow on me but right now I'm undecided.
Oooh. The new method pushes the "response" directly underneath the post, rather than just allowing you to quote from the post.

Among other problems, that means that posts are no longer in chronological order, making it harder to find the "new stuff."

Don't like it, nossir.
I liked the old set-up better.
Done.
PowerBook Pete said:
Done.

"Max, you are a gentleman and a lady". - Charles Emerson Winchester III ;)
Mine is still set to "discussions" rather than "catagories" (which I think I would prefer after all).
Oh, wait. There we go. Nevermind.
Photobucket
Remember, Pete: With great power comes great ... something or other.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service