General Comics Discussions (6921)
Liquid Comics premieres new web series from filmmaker John Woo
From Liquid Comics
Dec. 19, 2011
Angel Love
Anyone else ever read this or have any opinions? I'd always heard it was supposed to be terrible, but I found myself really enjoying the series when I had a chance to read it recently. I wouldn't call it the best thing ever written, but I thought i
Read more…Kevin Keller receives GLAAD award
From Archie Comics
Jan. 19, 2012
KEVIN KELLER nabs a GLAAD Media Award nomination for Outstanding Comic
Award season i
Latest from NBM's 'The Louvre' collection coming in February
From NBM Publishing
Dec. 20, 2011
ROHAN AT THE LOUVRE
Hirohiko Araki
After Glacial Period and The Sky Over the Louvre comes another completely original story with stunning art by a leading mangaka. Rohan, a young mangaka, meets a beautiful mysterious
'Civil War' launches Marvel's new line of prose novels
From Marvel Entertainment
Dec. 20, 2011
CIVIL WAR Launches Marvel’s New Line Of Prose Novels
New York —The world’s most popular super heroes can be found in the pages of Marvel Comics every week, but now their greatest stories are set to conquer t
Read more…"ALCATRA " TV Show Comics Buff ?
Hey,Dudes-has anyone here seen the new Fox TV series "ALCATRAZ"? Aside from sounding kinda interesting,a major character in it is " a comics devotee" (sed my local newspaper's Sunday TV supplement piece on the show,IIRC)??????? Maybe he likes Dennis
Read more…Essential Rawhide Kid Vol. 1
This collection reprints Rawhide Kid #17-35. Stories are written by Stan Lee, and penciled by Jack Kirby, Don Heck, Dick Ayers, Al Hartley, Paul Reinman, Jack Davis, Gene Colan and Sal Brodsky.
I had been looking forward to reading some Silver Age
Read more…Preview: Man from R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E. in 'Archie & Friends' #159
From Archie Comics
Dec. 19, 2011
ARCHIE & FRIENDS #159
A.R.C.H.I.E. as The Man From R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E. in “The Thought Control Caper!” - P.O.P. agents A.R.C.H.I.E., V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A. and R.E.G.G.I.E. take on the devious Controller of C.R.U.S.H. in th
Read more…Ape to publish 'Free Mars' webcomic in print GN in July
From Ape Entertainment
Jan. 20, 2012
HOT DEATH, COLD SPACE, AND A WHOLE LOT OF ROCK AND ROLL
Free Mars Web Comic in print July 2012 from Ape Entertainment
San Diego, CA -- Ape Entertainment announced today that they have become ownership partners
Evidence of Super-Heroes in the Real World
No, this isn't going to be a plug for "Stan Lee's Super-Humans"...
How about a thread where we share photos, articles, pictures, or other evidence that our favorite characters may be active in the real world.
Far out, I know, but after all the street
Read more…Heroic Publishing holds 50% off sale
From Heroic Publishing
Jan. 19, 2012
PUBLISHER BIRTHDAY SPECIAL! ALL HEROIC BACK ISSUES AT 50% OFF THE REGULAR PRICE!
This year, Heroic Publishing's president, Dennis Mallonee, is giving fans a birthday present. For one day only, on his birthday, t
Read more…Is it me or was this week a good week for comics?
We've been discussing Batman #5 that came out this week and man was it good. This arc has been pretty exciting and this issue uped the ante big time. However some other solid stuff came out this week.
Amazing Spider-man 678 was the first of a two-
Read more…The NEXT Seduction of the Innocent?
Comic books have always come under fire from time to time, with "concerned" parents, even those who don't have any children of their own directly involved, commenting about the state of the medium.
Now this?
They say history repeats itself, and this
Read more…First Valiant title will be 'X-O Manowar' in May
From Valiant Comics
Jan. 17, 2012
VALIANT Launches X-O MANOWAR With NYT Bestseller ROBERT VENDITTI & Eisner Winner CARY NORD
On May 2nd, New York Times best-selling author Robert Venditti (The Surrogates, The Homeland Directive) and Eisner Award-
Read more…All-new 'Popeye' comics debut in April from IDW
From IDW Publishing
Jan. 18, 2012
Acclaimed creator Roger Langridge to write series
San Diego, CA (January 18, 2012)—IDW Publishing today announced that comic industry star Roger Langridge will write the compa
'Prophet' #21 sold out at distribution level
From Image Comics
Jan. 16, 2012