A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Discussion and voting on future monthly themes takes place on the "A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics" thread.  Click here to view the thread, or here to go to its last reply.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...and again.

5460580670?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Strange bedfellows indeed!

5477480094?profile=RESIZE_710x

• One of the weird comics that has all women as a sisterhood regardless of their good or evil dispositions.

5478199884?profile=RESIZE_710x 

• "If I don't...we'll both die" is a pretty convincing argument for heroes and villains to work together.

5478233887?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I wonder if this team-up had an equally compelling rationale.

5478240855?profile=RESIZE_710x

• A team up between two characters who have been viewed as heroes and villains, with a nod to next month's theme... which won't require so many "this is stretching it" covers:

5479385884?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Marvel's Sandman teaming with Spider-Man. At the time he was not a villain, but reverted to that later. I've only read him as a villain.May last for May.

5480699694?profile=RESIZE_710x

• The Suicide Squad worked best as a blending of heroes and villains forced to co-operate despite their misgivings!

5482727655?profile=RESIZE_710x

Since it was my idea to do "Heroes & Villains Working Together", I am sorry that some of you had a difficult time with it. That wasn't my intent and I do apologize for it!

For June: "When the Moon hits your eye like a BIG Pizza Pie...."

• Philip Portelli said:

Since it was my idea to do "Heroes & Villains Working Together", I am sorry that some of you had a difficult time with it. That wasn't my intent and I do apologize for it!

Been there, done that!  There have been themes that I suggested which turned out to be more difficult than I'd expected, so I felt I had to apologise.  For what it's worth, I think this has worked reasonably well.  The fact that there have been fewer covers than usual posted has made it possible to spend more time looking at them, and appreciating the selection.

And here's a final couple of covers from the House of Ideas, where heroes spend much of their time fighting each other, and villains keep reforming.

"The Incredible Hulk, side by side with the deadly, Invincible Juggernaut."

5483358501?profile=RESIZE_710x

"The Tarantula's back -- and he's got Captain America on his side!"

5483359881?profile=RESIZE_710x

• June 2020 - The Moon.

This reply was deleted.