A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Discussion and voting on future monthly themes takes place on the "A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics" thread.  Click here to view the thread, or here to go to its last reply.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Last post of the month and it's another pulp from me I'm afraid, but I need to ensure that Britain stays ahead of the game. The subject area looks interesting.

7761169060?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I'll let the group decide if it counts. There's something in the cover featuring Big (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Ben  but, let me just say this:

that would make one heck of a comic book!

Steve W said:

Last post of the month and it's another pulp from me I'm afraid, but I need to ensure that Britain stays ahead of the game. The subject area looks interesting.

7761169060?profile=RESIZE_710x

• September 2020 - MST3K (with commentary).

• Spider-girl on a September's morn, but, judging from that neck, I rather think this incarnation was bit by a radioactive giraffe. And is this her impersonation of the Flash?

7778219876?profile=RESIZE_710xThe side of her costume, meanwhile, makes it look like she's smuggling a wineskin.

• "You made this suggestion last year."

Thanks, Peter. Those are the ones I was thinking of. Juist wanted to make sure they're still under consideration.

• "Got wood?"

69928338848.10.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

• “Will, you’re a genius, but have you ever considered seat belts?”

7780585287?profile=RESIZE_710x

• "C'mon, Lana, I can't objectify you looking like that! On the other hand I do have x-ray vision, so...."

7782794872?profile=RESIZE_710x

• 7783588481?profile=RESIZE_710x

"Lana, hi, it's me!"
    "Superman.  It's Superman here."
    "Yes, it has been a long time, hasn't it?  Anyway..."
    "Oh, you heard about Lois, did you?  Yes, well, I..."
    "Oh, I'm fine, thanks.  And what have you been doing with yourself?"
    "Brainiac?  Really?  No, I hadn't heard that.  Um.  I guess congratulations are in order?"
    "No, I wasn't calling about anything important.  Oops, there goes Jimmy's signal watch.  Gotta go!"
    "Damn.  I wonder how Lori is getting on with Ronal..."

• "COMEDY COVER CAPERS" #1 (of 4)*

*(DC published this humorous feature in 1974.)

BATMAN: "You're a hit, Robin! They're giving you a GREAT BIG HAND!"07729452144.130.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.