A Cover a Day

Ok, how about this for an idea.  We take it in turns to post a favourite (British spelling) comic cover every day.  This went really well on the comic fan website that I used to frequent.  What we tried to do was find a theme or subject and follow that, until we all got bored with that theme.  I'd like to propose a theme of letters of the alphabet. So, for the remainder of October (only 5 days) and all of November, we post comic cover pictures associated with the letter "A".  Then in December, we post covers pertaining to the letter "B".  The association to the letter can be as tenuous as you want it to be. For example I could post a cover from "Adventure Comics" or "Amazing Spider Man".  However Spider Man covers can also be posted when we're on the letter "S".  Adventure Comic covers could also be posted when we're on the letter "L" if they depict the Legion of Super Heroes.  So, no real hard, fast rules - in fact the cleverer the interpretation of the letter, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not written in stone that we have to post a cover every day. There may be some days when no cover gets posted. There's nothing wrong with this, it just demonstrates that we all have lives to lead.

If everyone's in agreement I'd like to kick this off with one of my favourite Action Comic covers, from January 1967. Curt Swan really excelled himself here.

Discussion and voting on future monthly themes takes place on the "A Cover A Day: Nominations, Themes and Statistics" thread.  Click here to view the thread, or here to go to its last reply.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All these invisible characters have already appeared this month.  However, I don't think these particular covers have been used yet.

H.G. Wells' Invisible Man.

3192520013?profile=RESIZE_710x

GL's foe The Invisible Destroyer.

3396054636?profile=RESIZE_710x

The Gentleman Ghost, in a particularly striking pose.

3396062499?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Hope this one wasn't already used! They're getting hard to find!

3396498615?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Let's sneak two more in

3397179005?profile=RESIZE_710x

3397179492?profile=RESIZE_710x

• This is the second time someone's posted Brother Power on the grounds that a dummy in a costume is an empty costume. But this time, he's.... on a beach!

3398536860?profile=RESIZE_710x

Sort of.

• A Neal Adams variant that "fixes" the pants issue from the original!

3398876585?profile=RESIZE_710x

• JD DeLuzio said:

This is the second time someone's posted Brother Power on the grounds that a dummy in a costume is an empty costume. But this time, he's.... on a beach!

Sort of.

Hah! Nice bridge to August's theme! photo thumbup.gif

Here's my final collection of odds and ends from the "empty uniforms" folder.

Someone actually managed to take the Punisher's uniform off him?!

3398874520?profile=RESIZE_710x

Alfred gets weepy over an empty bat-uniform - again.

3398876986?profile=RESIZE_710x

A very minimal empty uniform.

3398878966?profile=RESIZE_710x

I'll finish with my two final contributions to the Flash-Superman contest.  Unless there's a very late rush after this, Superman has won by 27 to 24

3398885076?profile=RESIZE_710x

3398888820?profile=RESIZE_710x

However, Superman's count includes Superboy, and he's also able to include covers from a much wider set of titles and longer period of time than the Flash.  I'd be inclined to call it an honourable draw!

• Oops.  I didn't see Philip's JLA cover when I posted the above count.  Make that Superman 28, Flash 24.

• Not a cover, but an important empty costume scene.

3399821936?profile=RESIZE_710x

• August 2019 - Beaches.

• Life's a beach

3400143409?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.