DC recently announced a "robust" expansion of its Digital First program -- seemingly with an aim to get a new title onto the digital shelf every day. As I mentioned in the Walmart thread, the initial stories are drawn from the new content in the Giants, and will appear in the following titles:

• Superman: Man of Tomorrow
  • Batman, Gotham Nights
  • Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace
  • The Flash: Fastest Man Alive
  • Aquaman: Deep Dives
  • DC Superhero Girls: Infinite Frenemies
  • Swamp Thing: New Roots

But will that be enough? At a story a day, a rotation of those titles will burn through their inventory pretty quickly. 

There's also Batman: The Adventures Continue, the animated series-style comic that's being released digitally. And there's also RWBY and Gen: Lock, two non-DCU books that DC releases digital-first. (I'm unfamiliar with them, but it looks like their most recent releases where at the end of March and the beginning of April, so they could still be ongoing.) With those two, that would bring us up to 10 titles, which, without weekends, could fill a two-week rotation. Is that DC's plan? Or do they have something more in store -- as this Newsarama article suggests?

I'll be following these releases here, updating each week's entries. 

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like these are continuing! Here's what I can find that's coming up:

Superman: Man of Tomorrow 18: Oct. 26

Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace 14: Oct. 27 (or thereabouts: got this one from DC's site, which puts everything on Tuesdays)

Batman: Gotham Knights 19: Nov 3

Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace 15: Nov. 4

Superman: Man of Tomorrow 19: Nov. 9

Does anyone know if Batman: The Adventure Continues (based on the animated series) plans to continue past the recently released issue 14?

It takes 2 digital issues to make 1 print, which DC solicited issue 7 as its last although I bought the digital version at 99 cents each and saved myself some money versus $3.99 per print issue.

In any event, both formats end with the conclusion of the Jason Todd Returns story (sorry, no spoilers) but I would love to see Bruce Timm, Allan Burnett, and Ty Templeton produce more in this continuity.

And Rob, et al: FYI—Amazon is advertising a 20th issue for both Superman: Man of Tomorrow and Batman: Gotham Knights.

I think there's more Batman: The Adventures Continue comics on the way, Lee. It might be a little while before we get them, but with the way issue 14 ended, it looks like they're setting up a sequel. Harley Quinn: Black White and Red wrapped up too, in September.

Interestingly enough, the Superman and Batman digital comics seem to be alternating weeks, but the Wonder Woman digital title is coming out weekly. Maybe they're fast-tracking her to have another trade on the stands when the movie comes out? In any event, I'm happy to see more Wonder Woman stories being made.

DCeased: Hope at World's End wraps up with issue 15; #14 came out this week. I'm not sure when Injustice: Year Zero concludes, but it looks like it's got a little further to go.  

There's a new book, Truth and Justice, that's scheduled for January. The first storyline is a teamup between Vixen, Dr. Mist, and Impala. The digital issues will appear first, with a print follow-up in February.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service