DC recently announced a "robust" expansion of its Digital First program -- seemingly with an aim to get a new title onto the digital shelf every day. As I mentioned in the Walmart thread, the initial stories are drawn from the new content in the Giants, and will appear in the following titles:

• Superman: Man of Tomorrow
  • Batman, Gotham Nights
  • Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace
  • The Flash: Fastest Man Alive
  • Aquaman: Deep Dives
  • DC Superhero Girls: Infinite Frenemies
  • Swamp Thing: New Roots

But will that be enough? At a story a day, a rotation of those titles will burn through their inventory pretty quickly. 

There's also Batman: The Adventures Continue, the animated series-style comic that's being released digitally. And there's also RWBY and Gen: Lock, two non-DCU books that DC releases digital-first. (I'm unfamiliar with them, but it looks like their most recent releases where at the end of March and the beginning of April, so they could still be ongoing.) With those two, that would bring us up to 10 titles, which, without weekends, could fill a two-week rotation. Is that DC's plan? Or do they have something more in store -- as this Newsarama article suggests?

I'll be following these releases here, updating each week's entries. 

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On Comixology, Injustice and DCeased have just wrapped (and were excellent; and I say this as someone with no experience with either of the print miniseries that preceded them). I think Harley's series wrapped too, for the time being. Super-Sons may indeed be being presented out of order somehow; I've heard some similar confusion from another friend. I haven't read past issue 1 yet, though I've been buying them.

Also: There'll soon be a new Digital First in town, as The Next Batman: Second Son will be a limited series continuing the adventures of Tim Fox, currently starring in Future State: The Next Batman. John Ridley will continue to write, and Tony Akins, Travel Foreman, and Mark Morales will handle the art. Starts on Feb 23, with the first print issue hitting in April.

And another Digital First is on its way: Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries, a 24-installment series starting March 27. It's co-wrtiten by Sholly Fisch and Ivan Cohen; Fisch's inventive scripting played a large part in making Scooby-Doo Team-Up such a good book.

Apparently it was just a weekend special to finish January, but was a bit miffed when looking to see if Challenge of the Super Sons #8 had been released yet (still not as of today) to see a bundled 1-7 for only $2.99!

Considering I paid for each one individually as they came out...

Oh, that's interesting! I've been buying it regularly, too, but I'll keep an eye out for bundles of the titles I haven't been buying, like the Harley Quinn and Batman: Black & White series.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service