Feb. 1-7, 2021, Part II

(Please see "Feb. 1-7, 2021, Part I" for the other sections.)

GRAPHIC NOVELS

Afterlift #1

Art: Jason Loo

Writer: Chip Zdarsky

136 pages / FC / $19.99 / $25.99

Collecting the Eisner Award-winning issues #1-5 — for the first time in print!

Written by Eisner Award winner Chip Zdarsky, best known for his work on Sex Criminals and Marvel Comics, with art by Jason Loo, the acclaimed artist of The Pitiful Human-Lizard, colors by Paris Alleyne, letters by Aditya Bidikar and edited by Allison O’Toole.

AFTERLIFT is a 2020 Eisner Award winning series.

In AFTERLIFT, Janice Chen is adrift. She quits her day job in finance and signs up to be a driver on a ride-sharing app. But what was at first a mundane but enjoyable way to pass the time takes a terrible turn when a mysterious passenger updates his ride with a very final destination: Hell.

Dark Horse Comics, the legendary comic book publisher of titles including Black Hammer, Hellboy, Sin City and The Umbrella Academy, and comiXology, the world’s premier digital comics service, are announcing that Dark Horse will distribute print editions of comiXology Originals graphic novels and collections. Select titles from the creator-owned line of comiXology Originals will be available in print for the first time for customers in comic shops, bookstores, and libraries. The program will commence in Spring 2021 with the release of paperback editions of the Eisner Award winner AFTERLIFT, Breaklands, YOUTH, and The Black Ghost.

“The ComiXology Originals line is of the highest quality and diverse in its storytelling and talent,” said Dark Horse publisher and CEO Mike Richardson. “ComiXology’s line of creator-owned comics sits perfectly alongside the acclaimed creator-owned graphic novels that are the bedrock of Dark Horse Comics.”

“We were always hopeful comiXology Originals books would get into readers’ hands via comics retailers and book stores, and Dark Horse is a terrific collaborator to work with to do so, with an unmatched history of supporting creator-owned projects alongside unmatched distribution expertise. This deal fortifies the ability for these stories to reach customers like never before,” said David Steinberger, comiXology Co-Founder and CEO. “We’re thrilled to be working with Dark Horse.”

Through this deal, Dark Horse Comics will be responsible for distribution and fulfillment for the titles through Diamond Comic Distributors for comic shops and Penguin Random House for bookstores around the world. ComiXology Originals will remain available to be read digitally for members of Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, and comiXology Unlimited and for purchase on Kindle and comiXology.

ComiXology Originals' exclusive content line debuted in 2017, and in their first year garnered an Eisner Award for Harvey Kurtzman’s Marley’s Ghost. The next year saw an Eisner Award nomination for The Stone King by Kel McDonald and Tyler Crook, and in 2020 an Eisner Award win for AFTERLIFT. In addition to the creator-owned line of exclusive content, comiXology Originals, through a partnership with Kodansha Comics, has re-released and newly translated manga such as BECK, Initial D and The Drops of God.

“These are high caliber comics that will resonate not only in the comic shop stores and bookstores, but also with libraries across the country,” said Mark Bernardi, Vice President of Book Trade and Digital Sales at Dark Horse Comics.

“Today’s announcement is a game changer,” said Chip Mosher, Head of Content for comiXology Originals. “The team at Dark Horse Comics provides tremendous resources and a path for readers everywhere to discover comiXology Originals.”

Strange, silly, and very enjoyable.” — Nerdist

Dark Horse appears pretty high on this series, as they've sent three or four press releases on it. Most DH titles get one, if any. Are they trying to catch the Fast & Furious wave? Haven't read it, so not sure.

About the Creators

Chip Zdarsky never stops learning, and recently he’s learned that he’s written Spider-Man and Daredevil for Marvel Comics and even drew a tiny bit of Batman. What a world! He’s also the co-creator and illustrator of Sex Criminals for Image Comics, which is even weirder than drawing Batman. For more information go to zdars.co.

Jason Loo is a Toronto-based cartoonist best known for The Pitiful Human-Lizard, a comic book series he wrote and drew, set in Toronto about a struggling Canadian superhero making the best out of his shortcomings, which he Kickstarted in 2014. Loo was nominated for the 2018 Doug Wright Spotlight Award for his work on The Pitiful Human-Lizard. He has also worked on the G.I.Joe: Canadian Convention Edition comic books and has contributed a comic short to the Kill Shakespeare series by IDW.  Loo’s freelance illustration work has appeared in THIS Magazine, CBC, National Post, Globe and Mail, and 24 magazine.

On Background

Dark Horse Comics, the legendary comic book publisher of titles including Black Hammer, Hellboy, Sin City and The Umbrella Academy, and comiXology, the world’s premier digital comics service, recently announced that Dark Horse will distribute print editions of comiXology Originals graphic novels and collections. Select titles from the creator-owned line of comiXology Originals will be available in print for the first time for customers in comic shops, bookstores, and libraries.

Through this deal, Dark Horse Comics will be responsible for distribution and fulfillment for the titles through Diamond Comic Distributors for comic shops and Penguin Random House for bookstores around the world. ComiXology Originals will remain available to be read digitally for members of Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, and comiXology Unlimited and for purchase on Kindle and comiXology.

ComiXology Originals' exclusive content line debuted in 2017, and in their first year garnered an Eisner Award for Harvey Kurtzman’s Marley’s Ghost. The next year saw an Eisner Award nomination for The Stone King by Kel McDonald and Tyler Crook, and in 2020 an Eisner Award win and Shuster Award win for AFTERLIFT. In addition to the creator-owned line of exclusive content, comiXology Originals, through a partnership with Kodansha Comics, has re-released and newly translated manga such as BECK, Initial D and The Drops of God.

Flash Facts

Cover by Derek Charm

Curated by: Mayim Bialik

Written by: Sholly Fisch ∙ Varian Johnson ∙ Darian Johnson ∙ Amy Chu ∙ Dustin Hansen ∙ Amanda Deibert  Vita Ayala ∙ Cecil Castellucci ∙ Corinna Bechko ∙ Michael Northrop ∙ Kirk Scroggs

Illustrated by:  Isaac Goodhart ∙ Vic Regis ∙ Ile Gonzalez ∙ Dustin Hansen ∙ Erich Owen ∙ Andie Tong with Devyn Hansen ∙ Gretel Lusky ∙ Yesenia Moises ∙ Yancey Labat with Monica Kubina ∙ Kirk Scroggs

DC Comics / $9.99

Have you ever wondered what’s at the bottom of the sea? Why polar ice melts? Or which tools forensic scientists use to solve a crime?

Well, look no further! Everyone’s favorite Scarlet Speedster is here to answer all your burning questions! Barry Allen, with the help of some of his close friends, will take readers on an exciting journey that examines everything from the vast expanse of our galaxy to the smallest living organism known to exist.  

Curated by award-winning actress and author Mayim Bialik, PhD, and featuring stories created by an all-star cast of writers and illustrators, this anthology aligns with Next Generation Science Standards and provides a helpful bridge between the lessons taught inside the classroom and our everyday lives.

Flash Facts — DC’s newest middle grade graphic novel — takes readers ages 8-12 on 10 thrilling adventures, mixing heroic tales of DC Super Heroes with valuable lessons in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). The anthology is curated by Big Bang Theory star, author, and scientist Mayim Bialik, PhD, and is written and drawn by some of the biggest names in middle grade and comics publishing including Varian Johnson (Twins), Cecil Castellucci (Shade, the Changing Girl), Kirk Scroggs (Snoop Troop, The Secret Spiral of Swamp Kid), Michael Northrop (Tomb Quest, Dear Justice League), Isaac Goodhart (Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale) and many more. Today, DC released the official trailer ahead of the book’s debut on Feb. 2, 2021.

A first of its kind for DC, Flash Facts is a unique pairing of STEM, comics and DC Super Heroes. The book provides a helpful bridge between lessons taught inside the classroom and our everyday lives by demonstrating some of the most kid-approved subjects like virtual reality, 3-D printing, forensics, space and so much more, through iconic DC characters like Batman, the Flash, Supergirl and Cyborg who use STEM as part of their hero identity.

In the age of at-home learning, parents and teachers can feel at ease giving Flash Facts to their aspiring superheroes knowing the book was vetted by a team of educational experts to ensure scientific accuracy. After reading, kids and families can put their newfound STEM knowledge to the test with a collection of fun, super-heroic science experiments at the back of the book.

I loved "Flash Facts" in the Silver Age Flash comic book. I may get this out of nothing more than nostalgia.

Nubia: Real One

Written by L. L. McKinney

Illustrated by Robyn Smith

Colored by Brie Henderson

Cover Colors by Bex Glendining

Lettered by Ariana Maher

DC Comics / $16.99

Can you be a hero … if society doesn’t see you as a person?

Nubia has always been a little bit … different. As a baby she showcased Amazonian strength by pushing over a tree to rescue her neighbor’s cat. But, despite Nubia’s similar abilities, the world has no problem telling her that she’s no Wonder Woman. And even if she was, they wouldn’t want her. Every time she comes to the rescue, she's reminded of how people see her: as a threat. Her moms do their best to keep her safe, but Nubia can’t deny the fire within her, even if she’s a little awkward about it sometimes. Even if it means people assume the worst.

When Nubia’s best friend, Quisha, is threatened by a boy who thinks he owns the town, Nubia will risk it all –– her safety, her home, and her crush on that cute kid in English class –– to become the hero society tells her she isn’t.

From the witty and powerful voice behind A Blade So Black, L. L. McKinney, and with endearing and expressive art by Robyn Smith, comes a vital story for today about equality, identity, and kicking it with your squad.

Fan-favorite young adult (YA) author L. L. McKinney and artist Robyn Smith will put a fresh, contemporary twist on Nubia — the twin sister of Wonder Woman — bringing their authentic voices to the character in Nubia: Real One. The original YA graphic novel is an endearing tale filled with heart and wit and follows a teenage Nubia as she learns to embrace her true self in a world filled with racial inequality, school violence, and other timely issues affecting young people today. The book hits stores and online retailers on February 2, 2021, and today, DC revealed a first look at the story.

McKinney is the author of several acclaimed works including the A Blade So Black trilogy. She is an advocate for equality and inclusion in publishing, and the creator of the hashtag #WhatWoCWritersHear. A self-proclaimed “blerd,” Nubia: Real One marks McKinney’s first work with DC.

“What’s funny is I didn’t initially set out to pitch a Nubia graphic novel,” said McKinney. “I was invited to pitch something else, but I made the decision when writing the pitch itself to add in Nubia. I’ve been a fan since pretty much birth, and I’ve watched her get moved around and appear in various iterations, none of them touching me the same way her original one had. I mean, this was Wonder Woman’s twin sister, just as strong, just as fast, if not stronger and faster. And she was BLACK! So, I added her in to my pitch for the other project. I guess something about her stuck out to the team because they emailed me and essentially asked for a pitch about Nubia.

“Fast-forward and DC loved it. When the hunt for the artist began, I knew I wanted another Black woman on this project. DC was on board from the start and suggested Robyn, whose art I immediately fell in love with. Robyn has breathed life into this story and these characters, and it wouldn’t be half as powerful without her. Everyone loves Nubia, we all want to do right by her, by the readers that have been searching for her the same as I have. I hope fans walk away from this story knowing that first and foremost.”

Smith is a Jamaican cartoonist, currently based in New York City. She is best known for her minicomic The Saddest Angriest Black Girl in Town and for illustrating Jamila Rowser’s comic Wash Day. Nubia: Real One is also her first project with DC.

“As an Afro-Caribbean artist, I’ve always strived to center the Black community in the comics I make, so being hired to illustrate Nubia was a dream,” said Smith. “When I heard L. L. McKinney was the writer, I was even more excited. Working together has been great, especially since our artistic objectives seem to be the same: all Black everything. In Nubia, I wanted to focus my illustrations on creating something both light and emotionally resonant. Most of my work is heavily influenced by Harry Lucey’s Archie, so finding a way to incorporate that charm and joyful feel into a story centered around more serious issues was important to me. I hope fans reading Nubia feel the same sort of excitement I felt illustrating the characters and their beautifully crafted stories.”

A "Real One" what? But it's funny how time changes perspectives. When Nubia was introduced, I considered her superfluous. In the modern, multicultural world, I consider her a necessity. 

... AND THE REST

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night #1 2nd Ptg

A Girl Walks Home at Night TPB Vol 1

FYI, "The Girl" is a vampire, and in no danger. In case you were worried about her.

After the Rain GN

Alter Ego

Story/Art: Ana C. Sánchez

Teen / $12.99 HC / $7.99 TPB / 192 pages

Alter Ego is a new addition to both International Women of Manga and LOVE x LOVE imprints. The Girls Love title from Spanish creator Ana C. Sánchez deals with unrequited love and the difficulties of confessing a gay crush to a friend who appears to be straight.

Noel has always been in love with her best friend Elena, but she's never been able to find the courage to confess her feelings. Then, when her friend starts dating a boy, Noel’s world collapses as she sees her chance at love slipping away.

One night, in a moment of desperation, Noel ends up confessing her feelings for Elena to a complete stranger. But as fate would have it, this stranger turns out to be a girl named June, Elena's other best friend... and Noel's rival in love! Worst of all, now June knows Noel's secret. With everything suddenly going wrong, how can Noel ever win the girl of her dreams?

Amazing Spider-Man #101 Facsimile Edition

Amazing Spider-Man #55 2nd Ptg

Art/Cover By Patrick Gleason

Written by Nick Spencer

Last month’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #55 gave fans the startling conclusion to the “Last Remains” storyline they’ve been waiting for! Today, Marvel is happy to announce that this groundbreaking sold out issue will return to comic shops next month with a second printing! The latest issue in Nick Spencer’s hit run, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #55 was packed with shocking developments that will forever change the way readers see Harry Osborn, Norman Osborn, and even Peter Parker himself. And the fallout from Kindred’s masterplan is just beginning. Don’t miss out on experiencing these unbelievable revelations for yourself when the second printing of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN hits stands on February 3rd.

Apex Legends: Pathfinder’s Quest HC

Dark Horse Books and Respawn Entertainment have teamed up to expand upon the beloved backstory of Apex Legends™ with an all-new lore book, Apex Legends: Pathfinder’s Quest. Fans will be able to explore the world of the hit game through the eyes of the lovable robot, Pathfinder, as he chronicles his journey throughout the various environs of the Outlands to interview his fellow Legends—all in the hope of finally locating his mysterious creator. In Apex Legends: Pathfinder’s Quest, the rich history of Apex Legends is explained by the characters that helped to shape it, as are their unique bonds of competition and camaraderie.

This volume chronicles the world of Respawn Entertainment’s critically acclaimed squad-based battle royale game that has captivated the online gaming scene, attracting over seventy million players and counting. Apex Legends, has continued to evolve since its launch in 2019 through the regular introduction of new Legends, expansive changes to the arenas and more ways to experience the thrilling storylines of the Outlands. Apex Legends’ latest season, Season 5 - Fortune’s Favor, saw the game’s best performance yet, bringing back more existing and new players than any other season to experience the new additions and changes Respawn introduced to the competition. 

Don’t miss your opportunity to own a piece of Apex Legends history!

Apex Legends: Pathfinder’s Quest will be available everywhere books are sold December 2, 2020. It is available for pre-order on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and at your local comic shop. This full-color, oversized hardcover sits at over 190 pages and will retail for $39.99.

Apex Legends is available as a free-to-play game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Origin.

Apothecary Diaries GN Vol 2

Aquaman Vol. 4: Echoes of a Life Lived Well

Archie 80th Anniversary Jumbo Comics Digest #1

Cover: Dan Parent

Script: Bill Golliher

Art: Pat and Tim Kennedy, Bob Smith, Glenn Whitmore, Jack Morelli

192 pages / full color / $7.99 U.S.

NEW CLASSIC-STYLE STORY: “Crisis on the Riverdale Earths” Archie takes a nap only to be awakened by someone pounding on his door. To his surprise, it’s his best friend Jughead—but not the Jughead he recognizes. This one belongs to something called the Time Police, and he comes with a warning: all the Archie space time continuum will soon be collapsed into one reality. Archie must join forces with Jughead to save the day—and all of time as we know it! This brand new digest series celebrates 80 years of Archie with the best stories lovingly handpicked by fans, beautiful art pages, and fun fan-centric bonus content. This is a must-have limited series featuring 8 decades-worth of the most hilarious and memorable Archie tales!

Ascendance of a Bookworm GN Vol 2 Pt 1

Aster of Pan HC

Avatar: The Next Shadow #2 (of 4)

Avengers by Hickman Complete Collection TPB Vol 3

Averee Premier Edition #1

Batman Vol. 2: The Joker War

Be More Chill GN

Blue Exorcist GN Vol 2 25

Boruto GN Vol 10 Naruto Next Generations

Brightly Woven GN

Buffy The Vampire Slayer #22

Bug Boys GN Vol 1 Outside and Beyond

Canto II: Hollow Men #5 (of 5)

The Cat Proposed

Story/Art: Dento Hayane

Older teen / $14.99 HC / $9.99 TPB / 256 pages

A catboy themed BL by Dento Hayane, The Cat Proposed follows an exhausted salaryman who accidentally catches the eye of a mischievous bakeneko, or shapeshifting cat, who promptly decides they are meant for one another.

Matoi Souta is an overworked office worker tired of his life. Then, on his way home from a long day of work one day, he decides to watch a traditional Japanese play. But something strange happens. He could have sworn he saw one of the actors has cat ears.

It turns out that the man is actually a bakeneko — a shapeshifting cat from Japanese folklore. And then, the cat speaks: "From now on, you will be my spouse."

Chainsaw Man GN Vol 3

Cimmerian Frost Giants Daughter #3

Colonel Weird: Cosmagog TPB

Combatants Will Be Dispatched GN Vol 4

Conan the Barbarian by Aaron & Asrar HC

Dark History of Reincarnated Villainess GN Vol 1

Dawn of X TPB Vol 12

Dear Norman GN Vol 1

Delicious in Dungeon GN Vol 9

Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba GN Vol 20

The Dreaming: Waking Hours #7

Cover by Nick Robles

Written by G. Willow Wilson

Art by Javier Rodriguez

$3.99 US | 32 Pages | FC

DC Black Label | Ages 17+

Bleeding out in a hospital bed from a magic wound that will not heal, sorceress Heather After must swing open the gates of reality to find herself a protector … but is she prepared for the deal she’ll have to strike once she finds a champion with the dangerous power she needs? And speaking of dangerous power … what happens when Matthew the Raven catches a glimpse of one of the artifacts Heather’s been hiding away?

Dr. Stone GN Vol 15

Engineward #7

Eternals TPB To Defy Apocalypse

Even Though We’re Adults GN Vol 1

Far Sector #10 (of 12)

Art and cover by Jamal Campbell

Variant cover by Yasmine Putri

written by N.K. Jemisin

$3.99 US | 32 Pages | FC | DC Black Label | 17+

The groundbreaking sci-fi series approaches its thrilling climax!

Since arriving at the City Enduring, Sojourner “Jo” Mullein has confronted an insidious conspiracy of murder and mayhem, but even this most resilient Green Lantern reaches her breaking point when she uncovers an “emotional sweatshop” producing black-market feelings for a world without them.

But Jo is only too human …

Fire Power by Kirkman & Samnee #8

Graphic Fantasy #1 (Facsimile Ed)

Graphic Fantasy #2 (Facsimile Ed)

Green Lantern: Circle of Fire

Grimm Fairy Tales #44

Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey #4

Hawkman vol. 4: Hawks Eternal

Hellblazer: Rise and Fall #3

Hellions #9

Hernandez Hypnotwist HC

Heterogenia Linguistico GN Vol 2

Home TPB Vol 1

Hotline Miami Wildlife #5 (of 8)

How Realist Hero Rebuilt Kingdom Omnibus GN Vol 1

Image Firsts: Ascender #1

Image Firsts: Bitter Root #1

Image Firsts: Die #1

Image Firsts Killadelphia #1

Image Firsts: Mirka Andolfo's Mercy #1

Image Firsts: Old Guard #1

Image Firsts: Undiscovered Country #1

Immortal Hulk #43

Inkblot #6

Interspecies Reviewers Comics Anthology GN Darkness

I Shall Survive Using Potions GN Vol 1

I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years Maxed Out GN Vol 4

Jojo’s Bizarre Adv 4 Diamond Is Unbreakable HC Vol 8

Jujutsu Kaisen GN Vol 8

Julian in Purgatory GN

Writer/Art/Cover: Jon Allen

Iron Circus Comics / 7" × 7" / Young Adult / 230 pages / $15

Julian is going to change his life! Get off the couch, get a job, stop disappointing everyone he loves. But first: maybe a couple of pills?

Being the mayor's son comes with a lot of pressure: pressure to conform, perform, and live up to expectations. But Julian's opting out of it all. He’s living on his girlfriend's couch, dealing drugs, and watching the days pass, empty and unfulfilled. It ... wasn't too bad, to be honest. At least, not until Dana flushed his stash and booted him to the street. Alone, adrift, broke and jonesing, Julian has burned his last bridge, his schemes have gone from “moronic” to “tied up in an abandoned mine shaft,” and the tiny town of Piney Bluff is swiftly running out of safe harbors for its most fortunate son. It’s time for Julian to take some steps, but first he has to find a way out of purgatory.

An awkward, wince-worthy, and hilarious companion piece to creator Jon Allen’s previous work, The Lonesome Era, Julian in Purgatory is a wild safari through one kid’s bad choices and worse consequences.

CREATOR BIO

Jon Allen grew up in a small town in Connecticut in the Naugatuck Valley, and he's been drawing comics since he was a kid, initially inspired by reading Calvin and Hobbes in the newspaper. He went to school for illustration and got his MFA in painting. When he graduated in 2009, he moved to Brooklyn and put all his energy into making comics. Since then, he's worked as a barista, a studio assistant for a handful of painters, a UI/UX designer, and a storyboard and layout artist for a show on Adult Swim.

Kaguya Sama Love Is War GN Vol 18

King’s Beast GN Vol 1

Knight of Ice GN Vol 5

Knights of the Dinner Table #279

Lady Death Blasphemy Anthem #2 (of 2)

Last Witch #1 2nd Ptg

Luke Cage Epic Collection TPB Retribution

Lumberjanes TPB Vol 17

Mama Akuma GN Vol 1

Mann’s World #2

Mary: Adventures of Mary Shelley’s Great Granddaughter GN

Marvel Action Avengers TPB Book 4 Living Nightmare

Marvel Action: Chillers #4 (of 4)

Marvel Masterworks: Spider-Woman HC Vol 2

Marvel Zombies TPB Resurrection

Midnight Sky #7

Mint Chocolate GN Vol 1

Miranda in Maelstrom #3

Morbius TPB Preludes and Nightmares

Overwatch: Tracer — London Calling #3

Psychodrama Illustrated #4

Resonant #7

Runaways #33

Samurai 8: Tale of Hachimaru GN Vol 5 (of 5)      

Sasquatch in Love #3 (of 4)

Scarlet Witch by James Robinson Complete Collection TPB

Sea of Sorrows #3 (of 5)

Sensational Wonder Woman #5

Shortcake Cake GN Vol 11

Simon and Chester HC GN Vol 1 Super Detectives

Snake Eyes: Deadgame #4 (of 5)

Something’s Wrong With Us GN Vol 5

Specter Inspectors #1 (of 5)

Spider-Man: Kraven’s Last Hunt Marvel Select HC

Star Wars #11

Star Wars Adventures (2020) #3

Star Wars: High Republic #2

Strange Academy #8

Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury GN

Sword Art Online Progressive Barcarolle Froth GN Vol 2

Sword Master TPB Vol 2 God of War

Tartarus #9

Teddy GN

Adapted by Eryck Tait

Written by Laurence Luckinbill

Paperback | 2-color | $24.95

“Teddy is an excellent graphic biography that serves as a compelling reminder of why Theodore Roosevelt is considered one of the greatest US presidents.” — Foreword Reviews

“A master storyteller of stage and screen, Laurence Luckinbill brings his remarkable abilities to bringing the lively Theodore Roosevelt back to life in this compelling graphic novel.” — Mark K. Updegrove, President & CEO of the LBJ Foundation and author of The Last Republicans: Inside the Extraordinary Relationship between George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush

July 1918. Preparing to speak to an eager audience, 61-year-old Teddy Roosevelt receives the telegram that all parents of children who serve in war fear most: his son Quentin’s plane has been shot down in a dogfight over France. His fate is unknown. Despite rising fear for his youngest son, Teddy takes the stage to speak to his beloved fellow citizens. It is, he says, “my simple duty.” But the speech evolves from politics and the war into an examination of his life, the choices he’s made, and the costs of his “Warrior Philosophy.”

Overflowing with his love of nature, adventure, and justice, Teddy dramatically illustrates the life of one of America’s greatest presidents. His many accomplishments ranged from charging up San Juan Hill in Cuba as commander of the Rough Riders, to facing down U.S. corporate monopolies, to launching the Great White Fleet, building the Panama Canal, preserving hundreds of millions of acres of natural American beauty, and finally, to the vigorous life at Sagamore Hill and his immense pride in a beloved and rambunctious family. Teddy reveals how even the greatest of men is still just a man, and how even the most modest man can grow to be great.

Laurence Luckinbill was a cultural representative to the U.S. State Department in the 1960s and is an Emmy-winning, Tony Award–nominated actor, playwright, and director for television, film, and the theater. 

Eryck Tait is a Brooklyn-based illustrator and designer. He is currently the manager of illustration for Ogilvy in Manhattan and resides in Bushwick with his wife, three cats, and one terrible dog. 

Tell No Tales: Pirates of the Southern Sea GN

Thirsty Mermaids GN      $29.99

TMNT: Jennika II #4 (of 6)

TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 (of 5) 3rd Ptg

TMNT: Ultimate Collection TPB Vol 5

Transformers: Beast Wars #1

Transformers vs. Terminator TPB

Trinity Seven 7 Magicians GN Vol 22

Uncanny X-Men HC X-Men Disassembled

Vagrant Queen Planet Called Doom #6  

Vengeance of Vampirella #14

Cover A: Lucio Parrillo

Cover B: Ben Oliver

Cover C: Stephen Segovia

Cover D: Rachael Hollon Cosplay Variant

Retailer incentive virgin: Stephen Segovia

Retailer incentive virgin: Hailey Scott Cosplay Variant

Retailer incentive/BW: Ben Oliver

Retailer incentive tint: Ben Oliver

CGC-graded cover: Lucio Parrillo

CGC graded cover: Ben Oliver

Writer: Tom Sniegoski

Artist: Michael Sta. Maria, Kewber Baal

FC | 32 pages | Horror | $3.99 | Teen+

The mystery of Adam Van Helsing’s return intensifies, as Vampirella continues to struggle with the bestial side of her nature. Mistress Nyx realizes that Vampirella isn’t the only enemy she should be concerned about. And Lord Mazarin embraces his gift from the Lords of Chaos and the world slips that much closer towards oblivion.

Venom by Donny Cates HC Vol 2

Walking Dead Deluxe #8

Warhammer 40k Marneus Calgar #4 (of 5)

We Never Learn GN Vol 14

World's Strongest Rearguard Labyrinth Novice GN Vol 3

Wrong Earth: Night and Day #2

X-Factor #7

Yona of the Dawn GN Vol 28

Zombie Tramp #77

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A Girl Walks Home at Night TPB Vol 1

"FYI, "The Girl" is a vampire, and in no danger. In case you were worried about her."

Whew. That's a relief. 

This reply was deleted.