Fury (2001) - MAX

34223981464.1.jpg

I remember having a difference of opinion about this series with Rich Lane. I loved it; he hated it. Which surprised me because he loved Preacher (also written by Garth Ennis). I bought the first issue of Preacher in 1995 and hated it so much I gave it away to a friend of mine, who continued to buy it and just raved about it, eventually convincing me to give it another try. It was up to around 30 issues by then and I came to appreciate it, although I never really loved it the way he and Rich did. Then Fury came along and I loved it. Fury is a satirical look at the military/industrial complex, and no one writes war stories these days like Garth Ennis.

94062665992.1.gif

Some of you may be surprised to hear me praise this series after my criticism of Warren Ellis's Nextwave last week, but satire must have a point (and a target); Nextwave was just mean-spirited. Fury is my favorite depiction of Nick Fury in the 21st century, but that didn't mean much in 2001. 23 years later, it's still my favorite... by far. Speaking of which, is Original Sin still in continuity? Ugh.

62516222606.1.DELL.OTTO.gif

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –