Holiday comics 2011

In my stack of comics this week, I was pleased to find four holiday-themed books.  And they were all good!

Batgirl #4 has a nice holiday moment with Babs and her new apartment-mate...PLUS a character not seen in years (well, unless you were reading Detective Comics earlier this year) shows up at the end.

The Marvel Holiday Special has four fun stories...Spidey fights a villain at Christmas time and realizes something isn't quite right.  Logan, Kitty, and Bobby teach some young mutants about the joy of hockey.  Nick Fury breaks into a Hydra base on a special mission.  And, finally, Kitty and Ben Grimm throw their annual Chinese dinner on Christmas with Moon Knight, Sasquatch, Asgardian, and Songbird.

Batman - The Brave and The Bold teams Bruce up with Ragman and, in the process, tells us the story of Hanukkah.

The new issue of IDW's Doctor Who series has amazing art by Paul Grist and a story about robots attacking Santa and the Doctor using his TARDIS to help the old elf out.

All would make GREAT stocking stuffers for old and new fans alike.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Doctor Who comic also has a nice shout-out for us "old series" nerdboys.

• Oh, I think I missed that.  What was it?

• What the Doctor says at the end.

• Ah...

• I don't think I realized there was a Marvel Holiday Special this year. I just dug up some of my old ones! Being a sucker for any and all holiday comics, I used to read the Marvel stuff even when I wasn't a Marvel reader.

I still remember a story from the early 90's about Daredevil. He was delivering a toy lamb to a Catholic charities toy drive or something like that, and the story is told from the point of view of the lamb. Beautifully done.

• I enjoyed seeing the Paul Grist art on Doctor Who. I've always been a big fan, but his comics are so choppy and so sporadic that they're almost impossible to follow without rereading previous issues whenever a new one shows up. So I've given up and am waiting on trades now, especially since he obviously wrapped up his last Jack Staff story in a rush. Which means it'll be quite awhile before I see anything more, so it was nice to see his art here. 

-- MSA

This reply was deleted.