Here's the PR:

12300538493?profile=RESIZE_400xTo our agents in the field,

Whilst a good agent serves King and country and adheres to a strict code of conduct (and tailoring), sometimes one has to break the rules slightly in order to get the job done. With that in mind, this is not an officially sanctioned email. Please proceed with the utmost discretion.

In April 2024 the next book in Kim Sherwood’s Double O series will be released in the US and UK. It is a stunning, globe-spanning adventure filled with deception, diamonds and deadly consequences. Agent Sherwood masterfully examines what it takes to be a spy and what it means to have your finger on the trigger when time is running out. Being a spy isn’t a job, it is a way of life.

This is the first reveal of the US cover anywhere in the world.

You can pre-order your copy today online and look out for much more about the book in the coming months, including the UK cover.

As a reminder to those agents based in the UK, Ian Fleming Publications are hosting a Christmassy screening of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service and a Q&A with Charlie Higson on December 5th. Your presence is the only present we need.

From a spy like me to a spy like you, sincerely,

Miss Moneypenny

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The local library had a copy of Sherwood's Double or Nothing, after reading the dust jacket synopsis I decided to give it a pass. Not my idea of a Bond novel. I understand they want to trade on the cachet of the Bond franchise but I wish they would start with something totally new and leave Bond out of it entirely. 

• Understood, and without having read any of the Sherwood books, I'd agree on principle.

• Here is what I posted back in May about Double or Nothing:

Yesterday at the bookstore I saw Double or Nothing by Kim Sherwood, the first book in a new trilogy, but although it takes place in the "James Bond" universe, I'm not certain it qualifies as a "James Bond" book.

51R+PbAByPL.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

James Bond is missing. 007 has been captured, perhaps even killed, by a sinister private military company. His whereabouts are unknown.

Meet the new generation of spies…

Johanna Harwood, 003. Joseph Dryden, 004. Sid Bashir, 009. Together, they represent the very best and brightest of MI6. Skilled, determined and with a licence to kill, they will do anything to protect their country.

The fate of the world rests in their hands…

Tech billionaire Sir Bertram Paradise claims he can reverse the climate crisis and save the planet. But can he really? The new spies must uncover the truth, because the future of humanity hangs in the balance.

Time is running out.

The start of a brand new trilogy following MI6’s agents with a licence to kill, that blows the world of James Bond wide open!

I didn't buy it (wasn't in the mood), but I probably will at some point.

Just now I was surprised to discover Double or Nothing sitting on my shelf. I don't remember buying it, nor do I have plans to read it any time soon, but I'll probably buy A Spy Like Me at some point, too.

This reply was deleted.