Replies

• Today by Kathleen David, Beneficiary
    Peter had a minor infection that was caught early and treated so I have to reset my infection clock. Over all he is doing as well as can be expected.

I am currently at DragonCon by myself. Talking about various topics, judging people (No, really I am the judge for the Friday Night Workmanship contest), and seeing friends old and new.

When I get home, I plan to find our lost laptop and get it and a headset to Peter so he can start writing again by dictation. He has stories to tell and right now they are all in his head.

Caroline is discovering how much she has to do homework-wise for animation and it is quite a bit. Fortunately she has a leg up on the software.

That's the update. I am thinking unless something happens, I am going to try to give you an update on the first of the month.

All the best,
    Peter, Kathleen, and Caroline
  • Today by Kathleen David, Beneficiary

PETER UPDATE OCT 15 2024

Here is the update on Peter

He is in the hospital to deal with cellulitis at the surgical site. There was also a fungus in the wound. His right hand is swollen with edema as is his arm to the surgical site.

There is also tissue break down at the end of his coccyx they are treating. This is not unusual considering the amount of time he is in bed.

The bacteria from his infected heart catheter came back as MRSA and they are treating that with the big gun antibiotics.

I saw him yesterday and we had a chat for about an hour and half before he fell asleep. He is aware of where he is and why. He is very tired which makes sense since he has YAI (yet another infection) He is still fighting the good fight and has a positive attitude towards living.

This reply was deleted.